Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 18, 2019 6:00 PM
May 2016
So would you describe this season as if they were to try to make infinite war and Endgame in one 2 hour movie? Just thought that would be a good comparison
Aug 18, 2019 6:06 PM
Feb 2017
This season only needs 2 word to describe it: rushed trash.
Sep 1, 2019 8:16 PM
Apr 2018

I agree with you
They broke the series, it is not enough that there are no main characters here as it was in previous seasons, they just threw everyone to the same level, and maybe even toume and index broke to the same level as the rest or below.
in my opinion it's not an index anymore.
the accelerator got its series and it still takes 50% of the time in the index somebody else appears and it also takes a long time where Index and Touma only appear in 40% of these episodes.
this series was created, piss off. I don't know what a miraculous author he agreed to, they destroyed the series by missing a lot of scenes that were relevant.
all this pseudo season is average, not even half of what previous seasons offered.
Sep 3, 2019 5:13 AM
Nov 2015
Okami030 said:

I agree with you
They broke the series, it is not enough that there are no main characters here as it was in previous seasons, they just threw everyone to the same level, and maybe even toume and index broke to the same level as the rest or below.
in my opinion it's not an index anymore.
the accelerator got its series and it still takes 50% of the time in the index somebody else appears and it also takes a long time where Index and Touma only appear in 40% of these episodes.
this series was created, piss off. I don't know what a miraculous author he agreed to, they destroyed the series by missing a lot of scenes that were relevant.
all this pseudo season is average, not even half of what previous seasons offered.

The Index series has a total of three protagonists, Touma, Accelerator and Hamazura.
Accelerator didn't get his spin-off until 2013, Misaka got her own series in 2007. Accelerator and Hamazura were already protagonists in Index before they got their own series.

Read the novels(they are great!), the anime rushed and runied it, most of screen time is equally divided between the three protagonists and the novels very well written.
Sep 3, 2019 4:14 PM

Dec 2018
my personal opinion it was the best index season and better than raiilgun, pacing is fine.
Sep 3, 2019 7:18 PM
May 2016
Just_A_ManBOi said:
my personal opinion it was the best index season and better than raiilgun, pacing is fine.

okay, you do you bro
Nov 27, 2019 12:35 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty much a train wreck, nothing makes sense anymore. So disappointed in JC Staff, their quality in anime production has dropped down significantly.
Jan 18, 2020 3:06 AM

Jan 2010
best description of this season :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heORiZ8l484
Final Fantasy VII is a shitty game.
Jan 24, 2020 3:36 PM
Jun 2017
honestly sad railgun gets better treatment just by looking at episode 1 already. ill just support the light novels if New Testament doesnt do great
Fire Emblem anime when
Jan 24, 2020 3:57 PM
Feb 2017
zebdal said:
best description of this season :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heORiZ8l484

I was sitting in a Chik-Fil-A and clicked on this video. My volume was on full blast. Worst part was a group of girls were sitting in front of me, and one gave me a weird look. Lmao I feel like dying rn.
May 7, 2020 8:17 AM

Jan 2013
Just_A_ManBOi said:

You were high while writing that comment right?
RIGHT!?
May 8, 2020 9:31 AM

Dec 2018
PrOxAnto said:
Just_A_ManBOi said:

You were high while writing that comment right?
RIGHT!?
uhh no i dont think so i leave the weed to mondays
May 10, 2020 2:14 PM

Jun 2013
Okami030 said:

I agree with you
in my opinion it's not an index anymore..

Boring and quite frankly we didn't give a crap about the new characters and story line.
When will they realize we wanted more of what we loved in Season 1 and 2 instead of exploration and new characters?

Stay Young and Watch Anime......el psy congroo
May 10, 2020 8:00 PM
Apr 2018
GX5000 said:
Okami030 said:

I agree with you
in my opinion it's not an index anymore..

Boring and quite frankly we didn't give a crap about the new characters and story line.
When will they realize we wanted more of what we loved in Season 1 and 2 instead of exploration and new characters?

At this moment they are probably unlikely to understand the mistake and they will never know about this.
index is lost.

May 12, 2020 5:18 AM

Jun 2013
[/quote]

At this moment they are probably unlikely to understand the mistake and they will never know about this.
index is lost.

[/quote]

Well we can always choose what to consider canon on our own right?
Just like (Unpopular opinion incoming) Overlord should have stuck with the main characters in the game and back in RL.
Stay Young and Watch Anime......el psy congroo
May 12, 2020 5:33 AM

May 2008
Why does all this crazy random stuff happen? None of it makes any sense.
"Just read the light novels bro"
:)
I want to watch more of this and keep on with all the new series set in this universe, but it's just such trash. They didn't know what to focus on. Example, they could of just removed a whole plane jacking ep to make room to explain any of the elements in the following episode with more than throwaway sentence. Or they could just tone it down a bit and not include a bunch of non-explained elements and keep the ones that worked.
May 22, 2020 4:39 PM

Apr 2013
Well they were reluctant to make this whenever they were asked to ever year...

So when they finally got funding they really didn't want to make it and had already pushed this back for like half a decade...

It was well-known that this season would be a failure before the first episode aired...

I went into this show knowing full-well what to expect ("rushed trash") so for me i wasn't surprised or anything...

Source material is nearly always better anyways.

Though sometimes manga and anime adaptation gives an entirely different feel to a series...
e.g. Youjo Senki's manga is funny (manga original lines from bg characters), anime is pretty dark (she seems like a psychopath), light novel is logical and humerous (Just seems a little more calculating than an average person to me, though i am a history freak who also took classes for chemistry, biology, psychics, probability, and psychology. The reason why this is relevant is because the series uses a lot of references and quotes from historical, famous and infamous people and events).
duderusMay 22, 2020 4:43 PM

Jun 7, 2020 5:22 PM

Jun 2013
I found this season so bad that I dropped it. It's nothing like the first 2 seasons and I personally felt like it's not for anime-only viewers like myself. The arcs in season 3 are far more complicated, confusing and boring. They don't feel fluid and there are too many things happening in the background.

Considering how long it has been I can't ever remember the characters from the first 2 seasons but to make matters worse there are more new characters this season that frankly I couldn't care about. I can't even tell who the main character was this season. Prior to season 3 I used to like one punch man Touma despite him being quite bland but there is hardly any character development and neither I get to see any power up with imagine breaker. He's just the same guy he was in S1 or S2 but without his imagine breaker he is just a background character. And much to my disdain that retarded maniac Accelerator and some powerless side character called Shiage end up being protagonists while Index becomes irrelevant. Than there are characters who constantly changing alliances and I can't even tell who they actually work for or what they are trying to accomplish.

Overall this season was a mess and kind of destroyed the series for me. Might as well change the title of the show to "A Uncertain Magical Index"
I-JitsuJun 7, 2020 5:38 PM
Nov 24, 2021 3:35 AM
Jun 2021
Describing index is sorta complicated. To some people eyes it’s a rushed trash show that’s your typical action, shonen, and harem high school anime while others says it’s sorta classic good show. In my opinion this was one of the anime’s that brought me back to getting back into action shows. Ya from the 3 seasons we got this hasn’t aged well, but the aspects of the plot, story, and arcs to it are some of my favorite things to it. The concept of magic being more in-depth and the switching parts to others characters in the seasons is always so interesting, it makes you invested on what they’re gonna do. As it is focusing on a lot of Characters all in one season is impressive in my eyes. What index does is that they’re wanting you to be invested in a story that unfolds so much interesting things. So with all of this, in my opinion Index is one of the most interesting plot driven animes to me. Now, I’m not convincing a lot of people to give it another chance because most of people would say it’s still rush trash and it still pretty much is in some parts, but from the parts that haven’t been rushed are still so interesting. You yourself can say anything about Index but I have to say this show is still so interesting with everything it’s told to story building plots or it’s world building stuff. All I’m saying is what I felt from watching Index plus reading that manga or light novels.
Aug 31, 2022 9:15 PM

Oct 2008
I would describe this as betting on horses. It's like I don't care about horse racing, but I like horses and I admire a certain horse. So while I don't care about betting, I would still root for the horse I like.
What I mean is, the story telling in s3 is average. Between Touma's adventures and Accelerator's missions, I like watching Accelerator more. There are cool scenes, violence, death a likable underdog character gets some spotlight. Index is featured somewhat more prominently, I think? I haven't finished the whole thing yet, but after 16 episodes, I can say that I'm glad I decided to watch this 3rd season.

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.