Forum Settings
Forums
Aug 17, 2:22 PM

So i am a lonely person and i seek to talk to people. Do not get me wrong i have lots of people, ok not a lot , in real life who i can talk to. The thing is, some of my interests that i care about are not similar to them. I like to have peoe who are similar to me. I think there is a way, which is to talk to many people here 24/7 and never stop talking. I am sure i will find some good people who i will like to talk to. But i am lazy and i dont like yo waste so much time. My attention span is too low to even try such a thing xD

Aug 17, 2:26 PM

Your friend list is very big already, why don't you talk with them? You've already talked with all of them and is seeking for new people? Anyways, if you want new friends you can casually search for people with similar interests as you in the forums and befriend with them
Modified by Rinoael, Aug 17, 2:29 PM

Aug 17, 2:37 PM

Rinoael said:
Your friend list is very big already, why don't you talk with them? You've already talked with all of them and is seeking for new people? Anyways, if you want new friends you can casually search for people with similar interests as you in the forums and befriend with them

Yea i can talk to anyone, but are they really my "friend", not a single one.

Aug 17, 3:19 PM

Huss said:
Rinoael said:

Yea i can talk to anyone, but are they really my "friend", not a single one.
That's for you to decide, not us. Get your shit together and interact with people in real life instead. Once you rely on the internet for major human interaction, you lose to Charles Darwin.

Aug 17, 3:33 PM

Find a group you're interested in that's fairly active, and get involved in the discussions there. Some groups have a Discord channel where much of their activity takes place (not my thing, but many seem to prefer it).
A møøse once bit my sister...

Aug 17, 4:26 PM

Go outside and interact with people constantly and eventually you will get a friend and maybe you will find love.

But if you don't feel like doing all that, you can also just fap to degenerate ugly bastard ntr futa hentai while contemplating why you are such a sad sack of shit.

Aug 17, 4:49 PM

Comment on their favorite anime/bring up something they like. Then take it from there, also try to keep things entertaining.

Aug 17, 5:22 PM

i dont know tbh op, not many ppl talk to me sadly :(

Aug 17, 5:33 PM
UwU

Just add the people you think are cool or interesting or whatever. Then have a conversation about stuff you have in common

"I wish there was a way to know
you're in the good old days before you've actually left them"
-Andy Bernard

Aug 17, 5:47 PM

I don't know about anime as a topic because I prefer to watch anime instead of discussing much about it. As for real life, you just have to keep trying to talk and frankly I try to avoid eye contact to avoid dragging conversation for too long. It's crazy how time flies nowadays.

On topic, just hit em up.

Aug 17, 5:51 PM

Yeah, so I was going to reply to the question posed in the title, but after reading the op; I’d like you to please elaborate on this...
Huss said:
I think there is a way, which is to talk to many people here 24/7 and never stop talking. I am sure i will find some good people who i will like to talk to. But i am lazy and i dont like yo waste so much time. My attention span is too low to even try such a thing xD
Modified by -Frost-, Aug 17, 5:55 PM
To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly.

Aug 17, 9:03 PM

I sent a random "your profile pic is cool btw" comment to someone here four years back and it just literally started from that and we still talk daily.

Things just happen. I dont search for friends ever, they just happen like that and you never know what random person ends up clicking with you.

Aug 17, 11:57 PM

Go to the introduction sub forum, introduce yourself and reply to their responses and start a chat!

You make friends by talking to people on internet in inreal.

can even Hit me up if u wanna talk.
Modified by foscor70, Aug 18, 12:04 AM

Aug 18, 3:02 AM

OFFER FELLATIO hahah just kidding. THAT is a good way to get CATFISHEDDDD

Aug 18, 4:06 AM
God of Anime

Friends and that just 'happen'. Like for example, someone hit me up at Discord 1 week ago and still talking about several anime!
And sometimes talking with people via Profile comments goes a long way.
Huss said:
But i am lazy and i dont like yo waste so much time. My attention span is too low to even try such a thing xD

I'm also lazy, but I'm putting in effort to talk with some people. Maybe you should do too? Friendship and all that goes both ways. Ganbare~!

PlayStation: KoitoTV
Discord: Koito#0001
@Twitch Koito
@Koito91

Aug 23, 12:08 PM
まもる

Explore clubs that suit your tastes and interests.... When you do, you'll come across discussions and people that you can start getting into. That's one of the best ways :)

Another would be by getting used to the Forums on MAL. It's got a wide variety of topics from Music, Sports, Casual and about the things you do :)
You'll come across all types of people and you can explore different profiles too.

With some time and care, you'll already have made a good bunch of friends on this site ^^

Aug 23, 12:39 PM
Forum Moderator
As other users have said, there's many options to try find some friends. Finding friends to talk to 24/7 might be difficult though...
We can be happy, when the cicadas cry.

Aug 23, 4:00 PM

waste of time bro. i've been here 10 years. people come & go. just like real life.

Aug 24, 4:52 AM

NotLucien said:
I don't have friends on here but I'm pretty sure you can try commenting on someone you found interested's profile about the things you guys have in common. Pretty sure it would work, also, give a compliment on their taste, lol.
Socializing is not the hard part - finding friends is. By that, I mean people you can both talk about intimate stuff and with whom you know each other's actual identity while staying comfortable about it.

TONYBoii said:
waste of time bro. i've been here 10 years. people come & go. just like real life.
"real life" also includes online socializing, but other than that, I agree that people come and go, regardless of offline or online. It's hard to keep someone interested for a longer period of time, so attempting to socialize is most often just a waste of time, even if it can be the most interesting one, depending on the person.

fancyjasper said:
As other users have said, there's many options to try find some friends. Finding friends to talk to 24/7 might be difficult though...
Regardless of the definition, there needs to be mutual interest if someone wants to have certain people to talk to as much as possible. And that's what fails with me, because either the other person loses interest over time, or in seldom cases, it becomes too straining for me to reply daily/more often, or I somehow manage to piss the other person off, or they end up with some issues, or they have simply found their luck/happiness elsewhere, or or or.

Aug 24, 5:03 AM

NotLucien said:
No. Socializing is the first step to find out who you can make friends with. It starts with you get out of the shell and speak with someone and then follow the flow.
I know very well how to socialize; I don't know how to turn that socializing into actual friendships. What's the second step and how to follow the flow without having either person drift off from it?
Modified by Noboru, Aug 24, 5:06 AM

Aug 24, 11:35 AM

comment on someone's profile, or just message them. it's not hard to start a conversation, especially if the two of you share similar interests in anime, and, from that, the issue just boils down to not letting the conversation burn out - which typically isn't difficult, provided both parties are interested in the conversation anyway.

ideally, don't comment shit like "nice pfp" though; it's rare for a conversation (which leads to friendship) to stem from that alone.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?

Aug 24, 11:54 AM

Just comment on some of your friend list friends profile, and see if any of them are interested in sparking up conversations. You may have to shuffle through a few, but eventually you'll find someone on your list that has shared interests in anime/games, and whichever else.

Aug 25, 6:29 AM

You could try starting threads about things that you're interested in and see who responds to them. Starting a discussion like thar or on their profile if they have similar interests seems to be the way to go, anyway.

Aug 25, 6:58 AM

Post regularly, be thoughtful, friendly, conversational and respectful (i.e., don't be an insecure prick), comment on the same shared interests, and stay true to yourself.

Good luck! I hope you can make some good friends in a way that works for you!

Aug 25, 10:50 AM

@Starchaser
What is an insecure prick?
If it is people that do not love themselves, then I am all for insecure pricks.

Aug 25, 11:10 AM
Friend are overrated tbh. I've gotten used to be being here without any friends.
Big brother is watching you.

Aug 25, 9:07 PM

How to make friends in general..dont ask shit like that

Aug 26, 12:30 AM

I tends to have people commenting on my profile page after i reviewed something so.....it might worth a try
"This is boring...I'm bored..."