Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Aug 23, 2019 12:58 PM
Apr 2019
I remember getting to this part in the manga and absolutely hating Shinobu's character. She was my least favorite character in the series. It's just so funny to me because now she is not only my favorite character in the series, but one of my favorite fictional characters of all time.
Aug 23, 2019 7:19 PM

Jul 2015
Sssssssssssssshhhhhhhhoooooot. I should have waited longer for more episodes to come out before getting back into this, we ain't got long left anyway, but my curiosity got to me. These last two episodes were so damn good, backstories and everything were fantastic, and of course, the Cute Butterfly Girl is the craziest Demon Slayer so far. I love it.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 24, 2019 12:00 PM

Jul 2008
Oh poor Tanjiro....he failed but got extremely lucky.
Aug 24, 2019 11:30 PM

Apr 2018
This series never fails to impress. We finally get to see Shinobu! Damn, she's more badass and adorable in the anime
Aug 25, 2019 10:37 PM

Mar 2014
This episode we get the messed up backstories for the demons as they die.

Shinoa Shinobu was gorgeous as always

Aug 26, 2019 8:49 AM

Jul 2013
I see some people here didn't like the fact that Rui didn't die from Tanjiro's ultra super mega badass attack from the last episode but tbh I'm glad that he didn't. He's supposed to be one of the strongest demons and Tanjiro's the lowest rank in their little group of demon slayers, besides the way Rui survived that attack is sensible and logical. Now, these hashiras are op af. How come they haven't won the war against that nerd who I forgot the name of that leads all the demons?
Aug 26, 2019 8:57 AM

Apr 2018
PrimeX said:
Now, these hashiras are op af. How come they haven't won the war against that nerd who I forgot the name of that leads all the demons?
Aug 26, 2019 11:05 PM

Mar 2019
This episode was slow and yet all over the place. GL making up some opponents it's actually interesting for Shinobu to battle. I'll give her a chance though. Wisteria lethal to demons? Hm. All we get for spider-nee's backstory is that she's a scared kid. I was surprised spider mom is a kid. ;; Until next time.
Aug 28, 2019 6:32 AM

Jun 2012
Yeah so this is episode 20 and yet it still seems like these characters get simple (one technique/move) and clean kills. I like action with fighting and animation, whereas this series feels more like a passing of the baton between protagonists and antagonists over who has the advantage due to some empowerment.

Aug 28, 2019 8:31 PM

Jan 2013
What an amazing episode! And what a way to introduce a new character, this new butterfly girl is amazing!
And the other guy is also hella strong.

I love the backstories of the demons, they are so great! And make u feel a little sad for them.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 28, 2019 11:28 PM

Jan 2019
Shinobu's VA also voices another pharmaceutical anime character. Her being Shirayuki from Akagami no Shirayukihime, who is also pretty badass in her own way.

Keep on voice acting bad ass girls Saori Hayami!! Keep on slayin!!
Aug 29, 2019 1:11 PM

Oct 2013
Interesting. We saw the background of Rui's fake family.

As for Rui, just when I thought he was overpowered, Giyu appeared with his 11th form and killed Rui with one hit. I hope Tanjirou will be able to collect his blood.

Shinobu was cute and awesome! But she could've freed that demon slayer (I forgot his name, but I think it started with M) faster from that cocoon instead of talking so much with her enemy, lol.

Music was great, as always.
Aug 30, 2019 1:59 PM

Aug 2017
I liked that Rui was still alive after that attack from episode 19. Shinobu is a really interesting character.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 1, 2019 9:58 AM

Jun 2015
gosh i love saori hayami and seeing her in roles where her cute voice can be creepy, similar to her as yumeko
Sep 1, 2019 12:02 PM
Sep 2019
Another very well done episode. I reallly like the fact that Tanjiro despite getting the power up was still not able to defeat the demon Ryu, as that would've been rather unsatisfactory way to end such a nicely done fight.
Also the demon slayer Shinobu is really scary in a weird way, but I really like her and it's nice to see a different kind of fighting style.
Sep 6, 2019 5:57 AM

Mar 2017
Really liked the OSTs used in this episode.
Sep 6, 2019 6:40 PM

Jul 2016
wow, what a shame from how the last episode ended that giyu killed rui after all. like there was literally no point for rui to have saved his own head with the threads if he was going to get killed one minute later anyways... that's so disappointing.

ya'll could have let us have our happiness that tanjiro and nezuko worked together to kill him, instead of giyu coming in late to do some slashy slashy eleventh form to finish him off when tanjiro had to remember his own father to summon the strength aND STILL got trolled like that lmfao. IF RUI WAS GONNA DIE IN THE NEXT MINUTE ANYWAYS i'd rather it be tanjiro dafuq

also this binch who betrayed her sister who thought of her as the only true sibling she had in the make believe family, bogus af. she didn't even get the drawn out death that shinobu suggested for her lol

also, one thing that was very interesting was that the mother of rui's fake family was actually a little child... that's crazy. makes you really pity her character more than we did seeing her being mistreated by the 'father'.
Sep 17, 2019 4:41 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
So good, Ufotable is really doing an amazing job with the execution of the plot, but that is also cuz there was potential already there from what the mangaka created.
Truly remarkable.
Was expecting the Insect Pilar to be able to behead though, even if with a thin sword.
Sep 23, 2019 10:58 PM

Oct 2008
oh man! Tomioka so CALM and so BADASS! nuff said
5/5.

Sep 26, 2019 8:05 PM

Sep 2011
Shinobu is best girl.
Sep 30, 2019 12:26 PM

Apr 2013
In the end Tanjirou got saved by his senpai. Smart move of Rui to cut his own head off so he won't die, but it all came to naught when Giyuu arrived and easily cut his head off
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Sep 30, 2019 1:25 PM

Mar 2019
Well.Starting to like Shinobu.But that sister was so dumb and still wanting to kill her.That was just plain character.And I like how while Shinobu was talking to that demon girl,the guy in the ball was basically melting away xd
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Oct 1, 2019 3:44 AM

Mar 2015
In the end, Tojiro still needed saving! But another great episode!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 1, 2019 3:53 AM

Oct 2018
chobentys said:

Tojiro? What are you talking about? Who the hell is that?!

Do you mean Kentaro?
Oct 1, 2019 4:07 AM

Mar 2015
-Aincrad- said:
chobentys said:

Tojiro? What are you talking about? Who the hell is that?!

Do you mean Kentaro?

Lol I did, actually! One in seven!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 6, 2019 7:29 PM
Feb 2017
A lot of these comments are giving me autism by reading them when they say "Of course he couldn't kill him" like hello what are you smoking? Rui clearly said he cut off his own head in order to not be killed by Tanjirou. There is no "Of course he couldn't".

But yeah it does suck that Tanjirou didn't kill him there, leaves a bad taste in my mouth but oh well.
Oct 9, 2019 3:18 AM

Jul 2016
SO are the upper moons mega badass as the first lower moon we came across was shit and beaten by weaklings and the second one got beaten easily by a hashira
Oct 15, 2019 2:30 AM

Dec 2015
Greeeat... that's the kind of character that really wasn't needed by this series.

3/5
Oct 15, 2019 2:31 AM

Dec 2015
Greeeat... that's the kind of character that really wasn't needed by this series.

3/5 Apart from that female high'rank warrior, everything went on as expected
Oct 15, 2019 4:29 PM

Dec 2016
What a messed up flashback :/ it was hard to watch...

Shinobu is so beautiful! *O* Love the design with the butterfly theme and the idea about the poison. Perfect!

Great episode as always! :D

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 15, 2019 5:54 PM

Oct 2011
I kind of liked the sister-demon but after seeing how she backstabbed the other (even better) sister-demon, she definitely deserved to go. ;(

Also the reason Rui didn't die was stupid... why don't all demons just do that before they get beheaded? And then only to get one-shot by Giyu... nice.
Dec 3, 2019 5:18 AM

Mar 2014
Damn I didn't expect Rui to have cut his own head before Tanjiro's attack. Giyuu and Shinobu are too OP. Shinobu is really cool, it's interesting how she uses poison instead of beheading demons. The flashbacks of Rui's pretend family were too grim.
Dec 9, 2019 8:49 AM

Jul 2019
Why every female character in this show is either creepy or a demon?
Dec 18, 2019 8:08 AM
Dec 2013
Giyu and Shinobu are so op! Shinobu with her butterflies and poison are honestly so cool. This episode flew by for me, i didn't even realize it was over until the ending song came on. :D
Dec 26, 2019 6:36 PM

Feb 2017
Shinobu is a sadistic ass hoe omg we stan
Dec 31, 2019 5:42 PM

Nov 2012
I do like the new insect hashira girl.

But I do think it kind of sucks after that huge move of Tanjiro's that Rui survived it only to be finished off in one second by Tapioca. It would've been better if the win had gone to Tanjiro and Tomioka could've simply arrived to save them still but be impressed with Tanjiro's ability to eliminate him. Or at least had more of battle between Tapioca and Rui. But I guess they need to illustrate the power difference.

I hope Tanjiro & Innosuke can power up soon to be strong enough to take on one of the 12 moons themselves.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jan 6, 2020 12:55 AM

Jul 2013
In the last episode it looked like Tanjirou won but damn Rui had 400 IQ with cutting his own head off. At least with everything Tanjirou did he gave Giyuu enough time to make it to him. I can't believe how strong this guy is. The fight against Rui seemed he was toying with a kid. So there is an 11th form? Jesus....

The backstory of Rui and his "family" was interesting to see. That's definitely an aspect I love a lot about KnY. It makes villains so much better. But it was also sad. So the true reason Rui wanted a family was so could maybe remember things about his life as a human.

Shinobu is no joke. Imagine telling someone about how you will torture him in the most cruel way and just smiling at the same time. Veeeery sadistic if you ask me lol. Nontheless her fight style looks beautiful with all the butterflies and how elegant she moves but the way she kills demons in the end for sure is so much more painful as just beheading them.

Jan 21, 2020 2:15 PM
Sep 2009
Rui not being dead makes me take some of last episodes rage back. That's how it should be. Low rank hunter with bare minimum of experience should not be killing of powerful famed demons with broken sword.

Though top hunters sure are op... why on earth have they not teamed up and attacked main Demon by now???

At least Tanjiro still has lots to grow, good.
May 12, 2020 6:12 PM

Dec 2014
Shinobu = BEST character
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2020 11:06 AM

May 2020
We have known the potential of Tanjirou and Nezuko. They are really great siblings. Have those power to protect each other and pure ability.
May 28, 2020 3:03 PM

Jul 2014
Imagine if that demon took the slaughtering by Shinobu
Jun 6, 2020 2:23 AM

Oct 2015
The demon beheading himself was a clever strategy.

Wow, it's impressive that there is such a huge difference. Giyuu just killed that demon so easily considering it may be a very strong one.

Want to see more about Shinobu, her combat style using poison looks interesting.
Jun 14, 2020 6:21 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn, Shinobu really cool af, and so cruel. Now i am officially liking her character more, because she was incredible. And Giyu, yeah, its obvious he would pretend as a savior, after some unexpected battle before. Great job!

The flashback of the fake family really unnecessary. To heck with their flashback, they were all just a fuckin monster!

So lets see how shit happening on the next episode.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 13, 2020 6:16 AM

Mar 2020
You get a backstory, you get a backstory, everybody gets a backstory.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jul 20, 2020 3:13 AM
Jun 2020
i like shinobu. other guy whos name i forgot was cool too.
Sep 3, 2020 10:42 AM

Aug 2020
Um episódio bem ok depois de toda a tensão na batalha. A aparição do Tamioka foi necessária, mas acho que a execução do Kizuki foi fácil demais. Eu sei que ele precisou usar uma forma poderosa que provavelmente demanda bastante esforço, mas ainda sim eu esperava por uma batalha mais acirrada, se é tão fácil se livrar da unidade mais forte dos demônios o senso de perigo se torna menos efetivo.

Por que os figurantes são sempre tão fracos? Eles não deveriam ser mais fortes que um mero Mizunoto? Se o Tanjirou consegue lidar com isso, eles também deveriam. Minha única escolha para lidar com isso é criar uma teoria própria, então na minha cabeça o Tanjirou, Inosuke e Zenitsu são mais fortes porque foram treinados por antigos Hashiras, por isso que eles dominam as formas. Pronto, eu consigo conviver com essa explicação medíocre.

Agora, é sempre interessante entender a motivação de cada Oni, foi bom, mas nada comparado ao episódio passado.

O tom de voz da Shinobu e a frieza dela é uma combinação estranhamente cativante, a variedade da espada dela também é bem interessante, mas por que arrancar a maior parte da lâmina? Isso não lhe impede de colocar veneno na katana ou ela é tão forte que não precisa disso?

Quero assistir ao episódio 19 de novo!

//

A very ok episode after all the tension in the battle. Tamioka's appearance was necessary, but I think Kizuki's execution was too easy. I know he had to use a powerful form that probably takes a lot of effort, but I still expected a more fierce battle, if it is so easy to get rid of the strongest unit of demons the sense of danger becomes less effective.

Why are extras always so weak? Shouldn't they be stronger than a mere Mizunoto? If Tanjirou can handle it, so should they. My only choice to deal with this is to create a theory of my own, so in my mind Tanjirou, Inosuke and Zenitsu are stronger because they were trained by ancient Hashiras, which is why they dominate the forms. Okay, I can live with this mediocre explanation.

Now, it is always interesting to understand the motivation of each Oni, it was good, but nothing compared to the past episode.

Shinobu's tone of voice and her coolness is an oddly catchy combination, her sword variety is also quite interesting, but why remove most of the blade? This does not prevent you from putting poison in the katana! Or is she so strong that she doesn't need it?

I want to watch episode 19 again!

(Sorry for my english)
Unlimited Rulebook, boku wa kimegao de sou itta.
Sep 6, 2020 5:14 AM

May 2016
The previous episode might've had peak animation and visuals but I'll have to admit that I enjoyed this one more since it was more entertaining overall. The entire backstory of Rui's pretend family really was a lot more interesting than any of the other demon's backstories so far and the two Hashira showing how they got their titles was rather epic.

With how powerful Giyu and Shinobu are alone, I'm curious on whether the Hashira has decided to go after the Kizuki and get it over with or not. If I was a demon, I'd rather go face Giyu than Shinobu since I'd definitely die before realizing it, that's for sure!

Sep 19, 2020 6:53 AM

Jun 2020
?????...???? lmfao all that epicness in the previous episode for nothing?

giyu slaughtered him like it was nothing. damn he is indeed OP, he made it seem so effortless.

and this was simply stunning

hauntingly beautiful backstory of a "pretend family" they are sad creatures indeed

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 19, 2020 5:01 PM

Mar 2010
I forgot what this episode was all about, twas all over the map. Idk why they give so much backstory to each demon. best to just chop of their heads at let them rot out.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 2, 2021 2:43 AM

Jul 2015
Giyu really is quick, just slices of the head like its butter compared to Tanjirou who almost lost his life. The other hashira Shinobu is terrifying as hell by trying to make the demons repent their sins by not immediately killing them but torturing them.

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Yesterday, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Yesterday, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 18, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.