Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 17, 2019 2:43 PM

Oct 2018
xoxo31 said:
shane_nichols said:
Yay random man to the rescue because the demon didnt die for some dumb reason. Ruined episode 19.

You guys need to stop spouting nonsense, just because the mc character didn't get the kill.
Tabjirou barely makes it out alive,& its all thanks to his awakened Fire dance skills. Also i would count that one a win even tho Rui pull his heads off knowing it will be the end of him. And Giyu isn't just some random dudes,he's one the pillars and probably top 3 strongest of all the 12.

Finally someone!

Of course it counts as a win
Or is staying alive(and saving Nazuko) not count as one?
He only didn't die because of the "Dance of the fire God"

And thanks to this battle, Nezuko will probably change a lot from now on too
Aug 17, 2019 2:47 PM

Dec 2013
I'm surprised so many are upset about Tanjirou not been the one who defeated him, last week tons of complains on the "asspull plotarmor" and now that the power up wasn't enough lol.

If anything this shows that a flashback won't make you win the battle on that world, sure Tanjirou and Nezuko gained something but they still need to train and polish it enough to be able to accomplish anything with it, heck Tanjirou's body couldn't deal with all the stress.
KanameYuukiAug 17, 2019 2:56 PM
Aug 17, 2019 3:05 PM

Aug 2019
Meanwhile in episode 19, why tanjirou defeated riu that's absurd. Now in episode 20 why tanjirou didn't defeat riu. never change please, now about the epi well i like the characterization of shinobu but in the anime is more sadic than in the manga but I don't see any problem.

I really liked how they adapted the insect Breathing .

but I really hate the 11th Water Breathing is as ambiguous as in the manga.

Poerdon for my English, it's not my native language and I know it should cause cancer to read it
Aug 17, 2019 3:11 PM

Aug 2019
xoxo31 said:
And Giyu isn't just some random dudes,he's one the pillars and probably top 3 strongest of all the 12.

Nop Giyu is probably a Mid Tier , the top tier is Himejima, Sanemi and tokito
Aug 17, 2019 3:19 PM

Feb 2016
Oniichan-Senpai said:
HereticHunter said:
Of course the spider boy didn't die, he just cut his own head with his strings lmfao. What a way to ruin almost all the effort of Tanjiro from last episode. Then, this guy appeared and stole the show from Tanjiro.

Butterfly girl is creepy, but I can't say I dislike her character.

Weak episode 3/5

They're showing that not only is it power that defines the moons, but how they use it. Hell, Tanjiro barely beat the former lower 6th (drum boi) who was kicked out of the moons for being too weak so why should a low ranked demon slayer "flashback no jutsu" an actual moon?

Don't misunderstand me, I did not want Tanjiro to win, at least not like that. But bringing an Outsider to finish the job is completely stupid, he meddles with all this family bonding shit and completely ruins what ep 19 build.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 17, 2019 3:28 PM

Jan 2017
It really would have been a bit if tanjirou managed to beat Rui with that power boost. Thankfully the route it took didn't make his power boost a party trick whilst also serving to enhance the intensity of the 12
Aug 17, 2019 4:10 PM

Mar 2014
HereticHunter said:
Of course the spider boy didn't die, he just cut his own head with his strings lmfao. What a way to ruin almost all the effort of Tanjiro from last episode. Then, this guy appeared and stole the show from Tanjiro.

Weak episode 3/5

tanjirou not being the one to kill rui just literally smacked down all those who gave critiques about tanjirou defeating enemy with a "cheap power up" lol not so soon mofos
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Aug 17, 2019 4:21 PM
May 2015
It's totally ruined the mood of episode 19. It is crystal clear now that tanjirou absolutely still die even with that god like build up last episode.
Aug 17, 2019 4:28 PM
Sep 2016
Joei-12 said:
xoxo31 said:
And Giyu isn't just some random dudes,he's one the pillars and probably top 3 strongest of all the 12.

Nop Giyu is probably a Mid Tier , the top tier is Himejima, Sanemi and tokito

Kyojuro Rengoku is the second strongest, without a mark he beat the third higher moon,
Aug 17, 2019 4:31 PM

Nov 2014
they did a really good job with the anime original content of the sister's backstory. Cause in the manga I kinda liked her and seeing what that psycho shinobu wanted to do to her made me mad and hate shinobu.

but the anime showed her backstory and how manipulative she is and how she betrayed her friend, causing her torture and suffering and eventual death, i don't feel so bad for her anymore after seeing what shinobu did to her. and i also don't hate shinobu as much anymore. and seeing her interaction with that guy is actually kinda funny and made me laugh.

the animation this week is phenomenal as always. Shinobu's butterfly effect and that other's guy's water animation is freaking beautiful af
Aug 17, 2019 4:31 PM

Mar 2012
Shinobu really annoyed me for taking her sweet time to free Murata. There was no need for him to have ended up naked.
Aug 17, 2019 4:32 PM

Nov 2014
Xenocrisi said:
HereticHunter said:

Exactly as I felt, this episode almost TOTALLY ruined last episode by showing us how that spider boy didn't die because some bullshit reason, only to get the show stolen by some random dude who hasn't even been introduced yet

Wait what. Kimetsu no Yaiba, unlike all the other shounens, keeps the power levels grounded from start to finish without exceptions. I kinda see where you’re coming from, but it was already stated last episode that Tanjrou couldn’t beat him no matter what.

Kimetsu no Yaiba is not that kind of series. It follows its rules and logic.
You should praise the fact that it makes more sense this way instead of complaining IMO

What you want =/ logic

Exactly.
@Lululand he's not a random boy. He showed up in episode 1 and was taught by the same master who taught Tanjirou.
Aug 17, 2019 4:38 PM
Jun 2015
xoxo31 said:
shane_nichols said:
Yay random man to the rescue because the demon didnt die for some dumb reason. Ruined episode 19.

You guys need to stop spouting nonsense, just because the mc character didn't get the kill.
Tabjirou barely makes it out alive,& its all thanks to his awakened Fire dance skills. Also i would count that one a win even tho Rui pull his heads off knowing it will be the end of him. And Giyu isn't just some random dudes,he's one the pillars and probably top 3 strongest of all the 12.

well until GIYU stops RANDOMLY showing up to save everyone I'll keep calling him Random Man.All jokes aside, the poison girl was cool
Aug 17, 2019 4:40 PM

Feb 2016
Oniichan-Senpai said:
HereticHunter said:

Don't misunderstand me, I did not want Tanjiro to win, at least not like that. But bringing an Outsider to finish the job is completely stupid, he meddles with all this family bonding shit and completely ruins what ep 19 build.

The whole point of the arc was to advance all the characters up to the next tier without making them OP. The family bonding isn't ruined as he unlocked a stronger form that he clearly isn't proficient at with how it immobilizes him when he's done, so from here he can build on it instead of it just being a cheat for insta OP.

Also if you look back to episode 15 you'll see that Giyuu isn't actually an outsider and that he and Shinobu were sent there because they correctly guessed a 12 moon was there. The point being that we are supposed to watch the main characters struggle and develop in a hopeless environment until the actual OP characters arrive.

Again, I did not want Tanjiro to win, at least not now and not like that.

Look, I don't care if it was scripted to be that way, the way this anime handled it was terrible. They had the time to put Giyuu by the end of Ep 19 while he saves the day but they decided to save it for this episode which contributed on this family bonding thing feeling almost pointless, specially after all that emotional display that set the bar so high just to show us a week after this disappointing conclusion.

This just feels as wrong as Kanata no Astra's cheap fake tension cliffhangers.
CrimsonWandererAug 17, 2019 4:44 PM
~Blackwall
Aug 17, 2019 4:48 PM

Feb 2016
HueyLion said:
HereticHunter said:

Weak episode 3/5

tanjirou not being the one to kill rui just literally smacked down all those who gave critiques about tanjirou defeating enemy with a "cheap power up" lol not so soon mofos

You can't deny that Giyuu appearing to save the day feels cheap, way more cheaper than Tanjiro winning with a cheap power up. It just feels wrong. There was room to explore a second round.
~Blackwall
Aug 17, 2019 4:54 PM

Nov 2018
you think that tanjirou is the one that kills rui but it was me, GIYUU! *Lull*
Aug 17, 2019 4:55 PM

Aug 2019
@HereticHunter

I dont think many really cared for Ruis character at this point in time to see him pull a hunter hunter and come back for a round two
Ex: Hisoka was interesting right off the bat as a character for Gon to surpass, so naturally the fanbase wanted to see more of him.
Rui: Another demon with mental issues that a lot of people watching dont really care if he gets brought back for more screen time or not because honestly his character is not about that type of thing. Like most demons so far I have seen in this show, he is in a sense a disposable character in terms of plot
Aug 17, 2019 5:03 PM

Mar 2014
Another good episode without dumb and dumber. One can dream that they will be found dead next episode and never appear again.
Aug 17, 2019 5:11 PM
Aug 2019
Episode 19 was definitely a tough one to live up to so I came in expecting this episode to be a little more slowly paced and I knew from reading the manga that this episode would give us a more intimate look into Rui's back story as we get to see with all of the demons.

That being said... I am INCREDIBLY disappointed with what they did with this episode. They didn't even follow the manga in regards to Rui's back story. They have been 100% cannon up until this point and all of a sudden they decide to completely change one of the 12 Kizuki's back stories? His story about how he met Muzan and what he did to his original family was completely left out. I sure hope they don't make a habit out of that...
Aug 17, 2019 5:17 PM

Feb 2016
Byleth-Kun said:
@HereticHunter

I dont think many really cared for Ruis character at this point in time to see him pull a hunter hunter and come back for a round two
Ex: Hisoka was interesting right off the bat as a character for Gon to surpass, so naturally the fanbase wanted to see more of him.
Rui: Another demon with mental issues that a lot of people watching dont really care if he gets brought back for more screen time or not because honestly his character is not about that type of thing. Like most demons so far I have seen in this show, he is in a sense a disposable character in terms of plot

Overall, all these monsters backstories only contributes on how unbearably slow this anime is (and one of the reasons why ep 19 should have ended with Ginyu saving the day instead of making a cheap cliffhanger which backfired) as a matter of fact, the only monster I ever felt bad for was the spider mom and her background was short and simple.

Its more of this anime's fault (or the source for that matter) for being bad at characterization.
~Blackwall
Aug 17, 2019 5:18 PM

Jul 2016
Great episode. Rui is alive but Giryu finished him its a badass moment. With that water animation. Other hashira is the gilr named Kocho is poison user and a strong slayer. Overall great conclusion to the arc. To the next episode

Aug 17, 2019 5:21 PM

Aug 2019
HereticHunter said:
Byleth-Kun said:
@HereticHunter

Overall, all these monsters backstories only contributes on how unbearably slow this anime is (and one of the reasons why ep 19 should have ended with Ginyu saving the day instead of making a cheap cliffhanger which backfired) as a matter of fact, the only monster I ever felt bad for was the spider mom and her background was short and simple.

Its more of this anime's fault (or the source for that matter) for being bad at characterization.

Tbh, ufotable is getting a bit too cheeky with the cliffhangers on this anime, I think this is the first non cliffhanger ending in like, months? They really are kind of abusing that.
Aug 17, 2019 5:25 PM

Apr 2018
jayrichmoneybags said:
Episode 19 was definitely a tough one to live up to so I came in expecting this episode to be a little more slowly paced and I knew from reading the manga that this episode would give us a more intimate look into Rui's back story as we get to see with all of the demons.

That being said... I am INCREDIBLY disappointed with what they did with this episode. They didn't even follow the manga in regards to Rui's back story. They have been 100% cannon up until this point and all of a sudden they decide to completely change one of the 12 Kizuki's back stories? His story about how he met Muzan and what he did to his original family was completely left out. I sure hope they don't make a habit out of that...
no they didnt change it, they just mada a more detailed flashback about rui's fake family. And we'll see rui's backstory in next episode.
Aug 17, 2019 5:26 PM

Feb 2016
Oniichan-Senpai said:
HereticHunter said:

Again, I did not want Tanjiro to win, at least not now and not like that.

Look, I don't care if it was scripted to be that way, the way this anime handled it was terrible. They had the time to put Giyuu by the end of Ep 19 while he saves the day but they decided to save it for this episode which contributed on this family bonding thing feeling almost pointless, specially after all that emotional display that set the bar so high it ended up being a disappointing conclusion.

This just feels as wrong as Kanata no Astra's cheap fake tension cliffhangers.

It's not a cheap/fake cliffhanger to show Tanjirou winning because you didn't expect anything after that. The cheap cliffhanger would have been to end 19 showing Rui is actually alive just for the next episode to be an easy wipe up from Giyuu and Shinobu.

I guess I'm just confused on what you wanted out of the show because you say things like having Giyuu steal the show is bad, but then say they should have put him in earlier to steal the show?

Sorry if I'm not being clear.

I just despise how this anime handled EP 19 cliffhanger only to shove on our faces hat Giyuu is OP on the next episode, making it look like Tanjiro's emotional display from last episode almost didn't matter at all.
~Blackwall
Aug 17, 2019 5:27 PM

Dec 2013
I’m actually a little surprised that Rui survived last episode. Giyuu was too op for poor Rui.

Shinobu is terrifying. She clearly really hates demons.
Aug 17, 2019 5:33 PM

Feb 2016
Byleth-Kun said:
HereticHunter said:

Tbh, ufotable is getting a bit too cheeky with the cliffhangers on this anime, I think this is the first non cliffhanger ending in like, months? They really are kind of abusing that.

Exactly, they are making cliffhangers of things that shouldn't be, (which is one of the reasons why I don't like how things have been going with Kanata no Astra for example, too much cliffhangers only to get an underwhelming conclusion for it)

In this case, Ep 19 did a lot of effort on portraying this family thing, then, said family thing ends up having a disappointing conclusion when you watch Giyuu saving the day on Ep 20.
~Blackwall
Aug 17, 2019 5:38 PM

Mar 2016
jayrichmoneybags said:

I don’t think they changed Rui’s backstory, but rather, inserted a backstory for the sister. Pretty sure Rui’s backstory will be covered next episode.
Aug 17, 2019 5:45 PM
Jul 2019
Good episode but dang they totally stole the MC’s thunder. Felt kinda dissapointing but still love the show. Backstory was nice too😊
Aug 17, 2019 6:35 PM

Nov 2014
Lululand said:
ttcchen said:

Exactly.
@Lululand he's not a random boy. He showed up in episode 1 and was taught by the same master who taught Tanjirou.

I know, I didn’t say that he’s a random guy, just don’t remember his name.
quoted the wrong person
@HereticHunter
Aug 17, 2019 6:40 PM

Dec 2016
I feel like we got trolled big time here.

After the epic finish last week it made no difference at all.

Madam butterfly is very interesting but cool to watch, I like her style of fighting.
Aug 17, 2019 6:42 PM
Jul 2018
It took me forever to figure out where else I've heard Shinobu's VA. Her voice is so unique so I just started combing through all the anime I watched recently lol

But yeah, Hayami's voice just made her lines even more yandere-ish. After hearing her this episode I'm convinced that there isn't a better voice actress for Butterfly Senpai~

makes me wanna read the manga now <_<
Aug 17, 2019 6:48 PM
Sep 2016
jayrichmoneybags said:

nothing has been changed wait for the next episode and you'll see.
Aug 17, 2019 7:07 PM

May 2018
Shinobu is so deadly sexy. I heard a Train arc is next from manga reader. Is it better than this arc?
Aug 17, 2019 7:08 PM

Dec 2018
At the end of ep 19,people complain about how it was unlikely for Tanjiro to kill Rui. There's even a forum for the supposed "asspull"

Now the end of ep 20,you have people complaining about Giyu saving the day, and that somehow makes ep 19 "meaningless"

Proof that you can't please everyone. Even when you have ufotable art, Yuki Kajiura soundtrack, and an incredibly dedicated production team
Aug 17, 2019 7:16 PM
Sep 2015
Himawari9 said:
@phantomfandom What are you talking about? Tanjiro fought with Susamaru and the Mother spider. We have plenty of battles where men vs women in both past arcs and future arcs.
The author is a woman so she doesn't care about the whole "I don't fight with women" thing.

The fight with Susamaru then switch to ball-kicking match between Susamaru and Nezuko and it's actually Tamayo that trick Susamaru to end her own life.
And Tanjiro kill mother spider in a 'mercy killing' mode.
Aug 17, 2019 7:36 PM

Apr 2018
Gorochu said:
Shinobu is so deadly sexy. I heard a Train arc is next from manga reader. Is it better than this arc?
yes it much better but with this pace they're not gonna make it to demon train arc. Sad.
Aug 17, 2019 7:41 PM

Jul 2016
Love Shinobu so much! Pretty good episode with some of the Rui's "family" background
Aug 17, 2019 7:45 PM

Feb 2016
ttcchen said:
Lululand said:

I know, I didn’t say that he’s a random guy, just don’t remember his name.
quoted the wrong person
@HereticHunter

I was going to quote you earlier for quoting the wrong person lol but forgot.

I already been told he's not a random guy, but its not my fault that this anime's characters are that forgettable.
~Blackwall
Aug 17, 2019 8:11 PM

Apr 2009
Great episode again. The goddess Shinbou arrived and of course you can get a sense of her twisted personality.lol Giyu ended saving Tanjiro and Ufotable continuing the impressive animation on these scenes. Nice added bit on Rui's sister backstory from Ufotable as well.
Aug 17, 2019 8:19 PM

Feb 2016
@Oniichan-Senpai

It isn't if Tanjiro won or not, if he got his new power or not, if Giyuu stole the show or not, those things are fine if they are done correctly (Sorry if I can't just speak my damn mind, I've been processing this episode through the day)

The problem is how Ufotable has been doing unnecessary cliffhangers by dragging things up, the pacing has been unbearably slow and it really hurts the anime. They should have ended Ep 19 with Giyuu saving the day instead of moving it to the start of Ep 20. They put way too much effort portraying this familiar bonds theme that the conclusion shown in Ep 20 feels disappointing. That's all
~Blackwall
Aug 17, 2019 8:33 PM

Dec 2018
HereticHunter said:
@Oniichan-Senpai

It isn't if Tanjiro won or not, if he got his new power or not, if Giyuu stole the show or not, those things are fine if they are done correctly (Sorry if I can't just speak my damn mind, I've been processing this episode through the day)

The problem is how Ufotable has been doing unnecessary cliffhangers by dragging things up, the pacing has been unbearably slow and it really hurts the anime. They should have ended Ep 19 with Giyuu saving the day instead of moving it to the start of Ep 20. They put way too much effort portraying this familiar bonds theme that the conclusion shown in Ep 20 feels disappointing. That's all

I prefer ep 19 the way it is. Familial bond is one of KNY's main theme anyway (it sort of reminds me of Edward and Alphonse in FMB, of course FMB had more than 70 episodes to make that relationship a legendary one).
Aug 17, 2019 9:26 PM

May 2018
Spiderboi cutting his head to save his life was pretty smart. I'm glad he didn't die to some low level demon slayer. That would have cheapen his position.
Aug 17, 2019 9:38 PM
Apr 2014
Think they dragged Rui's backstory a bit but its still done well.
Aug 17, 2019 9:45 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, Shinobu sure is a deadly beauty. It took me a while to recognize Yumeko's VA but I have to agree with a lot of people here. Her sweet and calm voice makes a nice contrast with Shinobu's more sadistic side. Quite interesting character so far and her technique was indeed beautiful to see. Hope I can see more of her in these remaining episodes.

Regarding Rui, he's even more heartless than I originally thought. That flashback was totally messed up. Not to mention that the way he uses to transform other demons took me off guard, not gonna lie. Quite gruesome if you ask me.

Overall, this episode ended up being a bit more gory than others (not that I'm complaining) but still a pretty good one in terms of storytelling and pacing.

So... I guess there will still be one more episode to finally wrap things up regarding this awesome arc. Really wondering what these last few episodes will be about...
Aug 17, 2019 10:55 PM

Oct 2018
I've read all the comments in this thread, and honestly it feels like some people started watching this anime at episode 19...
Aug 17, 2019 11:44 PM

Apr 2018
Ottes said:
HereticHunter said:

Exactly as I felt, this episode almost TOTALLY ruined last episode by showing us how that spider boy didn't die because some bullshit reason, only to get the show stolen by some random dude who hasn't even been introduced yet

Giyuu already got introduced in early episodes and c'mon, you would prefer that Tanjiro have killed Rui that it's like WAY strong than him at this point just like that? I can understand what you are feeling but this development it's better for the story progression.

I agree. As much as I love ep 19, I just felt like if Tanjirou actually did kill Rui like that, then what will that make me expect for the remaining 11? I'm glad Rui wasn't dead yet and he was actually very challenging to Tanjirou. He has a long way to go in order to become stronger. I wouldn't want a random asspull from him tbh.
Aug 17, 2019 11:51 PM

Apr 2018
KanameYuuki said:
I'm surprised so many are upset about Tanjirou not been the one who defeated him, last week tons of complains on the "asspull plotarmor" and now that the power up wasn't enough lol.

If anything this shows that a flashback won't make you win the battle on that world, sure Tanjirou and Nezuko gained something but they still need to train and polish it enough to be able to accomplish anything with it, heck Tanjirou's body couldn't deal with all the stress.

Yeah.. There will always be that one person not satisfied with an episode. I think this episode did pretty well. If Giyuu didn't come to the rescue, Tanjirou and his sister will most likely die
Aug 18, 2019 12:05 AM

Jun 2013
People are complaining that last week's emotional episode was for nothing because Tanjirou's super saiyan move didn't work? Ya'll need to read the manga. There is no fucking way a newbie like Tanjirou is going to defeat a Kizuki, even if he is in the lower five. He just started his demon slayer career recently. It makes more sense for a pillar, badass motherfucker like Giyuu to save his ass. In the first episode, if Giyuu was a villain, he could've easily killed both Tanjirou and Nezuko. However, he didn't because he's not the bad guy.

What I like about Tanjirou is that he's not some super saiyan with immense power and strength. There have been many times he was close to death in this series. The manga is still on going and anything could happen.

In my opinion, this week's episode shows the huge gap between the pillars and a regular demon slayer. Both Giyuu and Shinobu were badass. Wait till you see the other demon slayers and how OP they can be. Also Rui, compared to the other demons is pretty weak, he is lower five but still, despite being lower five, he was able to wipe out several demon slayers and was a hair away from killing our MC and his imouto.
臭い-
Aug 18, 2019 12:16 AM

Aug 2018
man this anime is soo hype /epic that the wait for the next episode is killing me,
Aug 18, 2019 2:05 AM
Apr 2016
The real problem is that the fight of last episode is way more EPIC than in the manga xD
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

16 by FZREMAKE »»
Yesterday, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

301 by pyrophilia »»
Yesterday, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1094 by pyrophilia »»
Yesterday, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Shinobou or Mitsuri?

Reckless_weeb - Mar 25, 2022

42 by Qui-gon »»
Apr 10, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

528 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 8, 10:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.