Forum Settings
Forums

Are there upcoming shows, seasons or movies you are looking forward to but you are also worried about

Aug 17, 5:21 AM

Exactly what the topic said. Are there any shows or movies you are looking forward to because you really want to see more but you are also worried because there is a chance that the makers might botch it or because there are some serious obstacles.

In my case:
YURI!!! ON ICE! - Ice Adolescence (The Movie): I absolutely adore the show and the characters and I am totally fine with the fact that we are not getting another season but only a movie but I am worried they will shy away from the BL angle or end up giving us NOT a happy ending. Just for once I want a simple happy ending. Most prominent GLBTQ stories are frustratingly ending with a sad ending (Banana Fish, Call Me By Your Name, Brokeback Mountain, Blue is the Warmest Colour...) and other shows get cold feet and only give us ambiguous ships that could be seen this way or that. I want an honest to god happy ending and a clear cut BL story.

Psycho-Pass: There are rumblings that the new season will abandon all previously known characters and tell a completely new story. That would suck. The heart and soul of the show are Kougami, Ginoza and the old gang and the movie mainly worked because Kougami was sort of back.

Violet Evergarden - The Movie: Next to the fact that I mostly just worried that the movie won't happen at all, I also wonder whether KyoAni will be able to keep the quality in art with so much of the key personnel of this show dead. Also, I wouldn't be very happy if the movie did not finally feature the return of Gilbert.

Please support KyoAni!

Aug 17, 5:26 AM
I'm never worried about anything because I don't expect anything from them.

Aug 17, 5:26 AM

The final Attack on Titan season might be done by a different studio.

Please don't fuck it up, please don't fuck it up, please don't fuck it up

I'm scared.

Aug 17, 5:28 AM

Chihayafuru S3. I'm really looking forward to this show since S1 and S2 were amazing, but I can't say that I enjoyed recent Madhouse creations. I hope that this isn't going to be another Index III (or I guess Overlord S3 since it's Madhouse).

Aug 17, 5:28 AM
Railey2 said:

I'm scared.
Imagine if JC Staff will decide to adapt the final season? Hahaha

Aug 17, 5:32 AM

huntress1013 said:

In my case:
YURI!!! ON ICE! - Ice Adolescence (The Movie): I absolutely adore the show and the characters and I am totally fine with the fact that we are not getting another season but only a movie but I am worried they will shy away from the BL angle or end up giving us NOT a happy ending. Just for once I want a simple happy ending. Most prominent GLBTQ stories are frustratingly ending with a sad ending (Banana Fish, Call Me By Your Name, Brokeback Mountain, Blue is the Warmest Colour...) and other shows get cold feet and only give us ambiguous ships that could be seen this way or that. I want an honest to god happy ending and a clear cut BL story.

Yuuri and Victor got engaged at the end of the series right? They could end the movie with their wedding x) Though I guess that's kinda unlikely, seeing how they didn't even show their kiss during s1 ;_;

Aug 17, 5:33 AM

KIMG said:
Railey2 said:

I'm scared.
oh no don't even get me started. We don't need an OPM repeat.

Right now I just pray that it's not Studio Deen lmao. I'd probably quit watching anime altogether if Deen did the final season.

MrZawa said:
Chihayafuru S3. I'm really looking forward to this show since S1 and S2 were amazing, but I can't say that I enjoyed recent Madhouse creations. I hope that this isn't going to be another Index III (or I guess Overlord S3 since it's Madhouse).
oh right, Chihayafuru S3 is coming.
I'm not too worried about that one, it seems like the sort of show that's hard to fuck up.
Animation isn't THAT important for Chihayafuru, plus they have the source material to stick to, so direction should have an easier job.
Still, let's hope that it goes down well. I'm confident that it will.

Aug 17, 5:39 AM

KIMG said:
Railey2 said:

I'm scared.

It's most probably gonna be made by Production I.G., because both studios are owned by the same company and handing over such popular series to any competing studio just wouldn't make sense.

Aug 17, 5:43 AM

Nefregar said:
KIMG said:

It's most probably gonna be made by Production I.G., because both studios are owned by the same company and handing over such popular series to any competing studio just wouldn't make sense.

And honestly if it keeps a lot of the same staff it wont even matter that much.

Aug 17, 5:52 AM

Mirai said:
huntress1013 said:

In my case:

Yuuri and Victor got engaged at the end of the series right? They could end the movie with their wedding x) Though I guess that's kinda unlikely, seeing how they didn't even show their kiss during s1 ;_;

That is exactly what I mean. It was definitely a kiss but the way they made it looked also like a hug and while that was definitely an engagement (hell they did it in front of a church with a choir singing!) They made it look like a joke when Plichit and the gang asked what was up with the engagement rings. There is a giant rainbow-coloured elephant in the room that was never really addressed for real and it is so damn frustrating.

Nefregar said:
KIMG said:

Sounds likely since WIT is after all just a subsidiary of Production I.G.

It could also be MAPPA since WIT and MAPPA have the same producer (Twin Engine).

Please support KyoAni!

Aug 17, 5:53 AM

MY HERO ACADEMIA S4. I fear it may be too epic for some viewers. But seriously, i fear the animation quality may drop. It is not a good idea to do a movie the same time as the 25 ep anime.

Aug 17, 6:03 AM
Railey2 said:

I'm scared.

Yeah, I feel the same. Wit Studio did a great job despite being only 30 employers. If the new studio does not put effort into it I'm gonna be pissed.

Aug 17, 6:19 AM
huntress1013 said:
Mirai said:

That is exactly what I mean. It was definitely a kiss but the way they made it looked also like a hug and while that was definitely an engagement (hell they did it in front of a church with a choir singing!) They made it look like a joke when Plichit and the gang asked what was up with the engagement rings. There is a giant rainbow-coloured elephant in the room that was never really addressed for real and it is so damn frustrating.

Nefregar said:

It could also be MAPPA since WIT and MAPPA have the same producer (Twin Engine).

I hope It's not MAPPA. They have done nothing really outstanding to deserve it.

Aug 17, 6:30 AM

I usually am able to enjoy it, as long as I don't have a high expectation I cannot get disappointed by the hype factor.

Aug 17, 6:33 AM

So is everyone just assuming that WIT isn't doing SNK s4 or has it been confirmed?

Aug 17, 6:41 AM

7 Deadly Sins season 3: infamous Studio Deen taking over for A1 Pictures has me worried about next season's animation quality (especially after the huge down-grade in season 2), which is always important for a battle shounen anime.

PMMM: Magia Record: As much as i love Madoka Magica, i'm not impressed by the MR mobile game's storyline. I'm worried that if it tanks, it'll hurt the chances of a Rebellion follow-up ever happening.

Gunbuster 3: No real news about this one as of yet, and i doubt that it could retroactively ruin GBs 1 & 2 (two of my favorite anime), but studio Gaina is still quite new and they've yet to put out a breakthrough hit anime. Here's hoping this will be it.
Modified by Stygian_Prisoner, Aug 17, 6:52 AM

Aug 17, 6:42 AM
nanatsu no taizai temp 3
hashashuahashua

Aug 17, 6:47 AM

huntress1013 said:
Mirai said:

Nefregar said:

Yonkou hinted once that it won't be done by MAPPA. He once said that it's going to be more witty than MAPPA, which implies it might be I.G.

Aug 17, 6:47 AM

operationvalkyri said:
So is everyone just assuming that WIT isn't doing SNK s4 or has it been confirmed?

AFAIK there's been some interviews with SNK staff members where they hinted at it, but it's not officially confirmed.

Aug 17, 6:48 AM

-AOT season 4 i'm looking forward to it, i'm worried cause it will be made by other studio.

-Railgun 3, well J.c staff did a nice work in accelerator anime, but i'm still worried because of their work at index III and OPM season 2

Aug 17, 7:06 AM
Blade of the Immortal.
Hopefully it is adapted faithfully and being split into seasonal anime

Aug 17, 7:11 AM

Nefregar said:
operationvalkyri said:

AFAIK there's been some interviews with SNK staff members where they hinted at it, but it's not officially confirmed.
Ah. Then I;'m not gonna speculate about which studio will do a better job, and keep praying for WIT to do it.

Aug 17, 7:15 AM
Oregairu season 3- I'm worried about the ending, especially because we don't know what will happen, as the final volume of the LN is delayed indefinitely (even though it's probably done on purpose as it was the case with season 2 and volume 11- the final volume will come after the series or during its end in order to keep the tension high)
Re: Zero season 2 I'm really worried about fandom reaction to what will happen in the beginning of the season

Aug 17, 7:19 AM
The old me would have worried but now if the sequel of any anime is not up to the mark then I take it as a excuse to just read its manga(I'm liking manga more than anime atm)

Aug 17, 7:24 AM
You want to know my stance on sequels for shows that I liked being announced?

It makes life much easier to not worry about things you can't control and which are, in general, a good thing.

Listen, everybody wants change, don't nobody want to change though
don't nobody want to pray, till they got something to pray for
now everybody's gonna die, but don't everybody live though

Aug 17, 8:00 AM
the seven deadly sins s3. read the manga and if the studio adapts it well its gonna be epic but idk if they'll adapt it well so yea oof.

boku no hero academia s4. havent read the manga (because i heard it was a decent adaption) so hopefully it'll be great!
have a great day everyone
:)

Aug 17, 8:21 AM

operationvalkyri said:

That hasn't been an assumption for some time. WIT has already confirmed that they are not going to do the last season.

Please support KyoAni!

Aug 17, 9:15 AM

The upcoming Digimon Kizuna movie. The track record for continuing OG Digimon isn't great with the abomination that Tri was. Even as a huge Digimon Adventure fan, i couldn't bring myself to watch past the fourth movie because it was so painful to watch. Those digivolution sequences were just awful among many many other things. I hope they get things right this time, especially since judging from the title this will be the last thing involving Tai and the OG digidestined.

Aug 17, 9:21 AM

I'm really excited for Azur Lane, my favorite mobile game, to be turned into a 6.20 mean score anime.

I also just can't see Collar x Malice being good in an anime format, despite me having loved the VN.

Aug 17, 9:24 AM

I'm looking forward to season two of Yuru Camp when it comes out next year, in presumably the winter season of 2020 (though I'll watch it after it's finished airing as per my rule), but since the first season was unexpectedly a big hit, I'm worried that in an effort to just capitalize on that success, they'll change a few imperceptibly small things around and not really improve upon it rather than just repeating the first season.

Even with a Slice of Life, each season should build upon the last.

Aug 17, 9:35 AM
huntress1013 said:
Exactly what the topic said. Are there any shows or movies you are looking forward to because you really want to see more but you are also worried because there is a chance that the makers might botch it or because there are some serious obstacles.

Val x Love

I love the studio who’s gonna make this [hoods entertainment]
but they haven’t made any good series since 2015 [Hantsu x Trash]

Also I’m afraid of it not getting a dub or western release because of garbage series that are coming out that season that will overshadow it

Examples

Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season
Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld
Psycho-Pass 3
Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia

Aug 17, 9:39 AM

Aikatsu on Parade.

I feel like crossover series are kind of a desperate attempt at relevance from dying franchises, so I am worried it a sign of Aikatsu going away sooner rather than later.

Aug 17, 9:39 AM

ThatShiny_Hex said:
huntress1013 said:

Yonkou hinted once that it won't be done by MAPPA. He once said that it's going to be more witty than MAPPA, which implies it might be I.G.

Outch. I love MAPPA! I also love I.G. but MAPPA has some seriously great shows too and their animation is also wonderful. Just look at Banana Fish and Dororo ...and of course YOI LOL

Please support KyoAni!

Aug 17, 9:44 AM
Kemono Michi. Same creator as Konosuba, but the staff on it has me worried.

Black Fox. Looks pretty good, but the writer is inconsistent.

Aug 17, 9:49 AM

KIMG said:
Railey2 said:

I'm scared.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Aug 17, 5:27 PM

The konosuba movie, i really dont want to join this jc staff hate train that has been going on since one punch man s2, cause lets remember they are still one of the larger names in the industry and the majority of their works has been good, but i still kinda worry about them butchering the original goofy style of the show, like how they kinda did with opm

Theres also the made in abyss movie im really looking forward to, and i very much trust kinema after their works in shield hero and the original MiA but still afraid the movie format might ruin something

And also any future Kyoani anime, after the horrific tragedy that happened im afraid that the studio wont be able to recover, you can replace equipment but you cant replace people
Modified by yotamdin, Aug 17, 5:34 PM

Aug 17, 5:33 PM

KIMG said:
Railey2 said:

I'm scared.

Oh god, I cant imagine the hate JC Staff will get.

Aug 17, 5:55 PM

Whatever the Pretty series is getting in the Fall if anything because whenever Aikatsu announces an installment, the Pretty series often does not fall behind. Pri-chan is nowhere near as good as Idol Time Pripara and I'm afraid the next installment will be worse if it gets another installment before Spring 2020.

Aug 17, 6:18 PM

I am worried for the Saezuru movie coming in the fall season. Not necessarily worried as much about the animation but i have to wonder how much censor they are going to have to use when you really can't take the sex out of the movie since it has to do with the plot lmao