Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 1, 2019 9:30 AM

Aug 2015
omg this show is so stupid
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Sep 3, 2019 9:12 AM

Aug 2017
the end of this arc was awfull
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2019 1:26 PM
Jan 2018
i actually like Hibana for some reason lol , her background makes scenes i guess it could be caused by survival guilt as well , plus she lost her faith that if she had any to begin with after all she did say she didn't take it seriously. and she used her new powers and given that people with the fire ability are being called devils she embraced it .

and people complaining that iris was useless this episode when was she ever useful she hasn't been so far
Mattinator95Sep 4, 2019 1:30 PM
Sep 14, 2019 4:43 PM

Mar 2009
Hibana is crazy sexy.
Sep 17, 2019 7:59 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Iris has really the potential to be the best waifu of the anime imo
Sep 23, 2019 6:41 PM

Jul 2019
This is becoming more and more like a battle shounen and I'm starting to like it less and less. The burning sakura looked cool though, I half-expected her to shout 「桜咲け!」 at some point. The backstory was alright I guess, but I really just don't care. This anime just feels like undeserved hype, like they're trying to make it seem cool without actually doing the groundwork of setting anything up first.
Sep 26, 2019 10:32 PM

Sep 2016
the artwork and animation was the best thing for me this eps, it was soo damn dope kudos to the team for pulling it off
Facta Non Verba
Sep 29, 2019 9:40 AM
Nov 2015
This was a good episode, so glad we got to see a back story on the characters Iris and Princess Hibana...

Does anyone else get Naruto vibes from Shinra??? Like, seriously dude.
Oct 21, 2019 4:30 PM

Jul 2019
Honestly this show is just boring so I'm just going to drop it. They are trying to create this big world with lot's of lore and potential stories and character interactions, but none of it seems genuine. I just felt a complete disconnect from the characters which made the fights not really have any suspense. It feels like an artificially constructed shounen without any heart and all forced "hype". It felt like a chore to watch each episode.
Oct 23, 2019 7:10 PM

Apr 2018
Hibana is stacked lolol
Nov 15, 2019 10:44 AM

Aug 2017
Basically, Hibana is just a crazy woman. Her flashback didn't make me change my opinion about her.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 17, 2019 6:51 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The opening song has finally tickled my audible nerve, I can bob my head to this.
Good episode, but with a twisted average counterpart. Cliché it may have been, but it did follow the norm and was a good episode to watch even for a first-timer. I guess that will add her to the harem list of Shinra, I wonder who'll be in there next.

I like how One Pice's Zoro gets lost on the way all the time and this Zoro is casually late in the dressing room.
Jan 4, 2020 9:07 PM

Aug 2017
Way to go Shinra!

He knocked some sense into princess Hibana.

I was scared as to how far she will go with her obsession with fire and going into despair.
I'm also concerned for Iris.

Beautiful animation of the flowers from the backstory. Also Hibana's flames of flowers are terrifyingly marvelous.

Jan 22, 2020 3:04 PM

Nov 2015
Shonen lvl 1000 ..who cares about side character skills if the main character decide they won't work on him just in the last moment.

Mar 28, 2020 9:09 AM

Jul 2013
Shinra says "hero" too much. He sounds like he's 12.

Hibana instantly looking lovesick for Shinra was kinda cringe imo.

I think Iris's backstory was already really well done in the ED, and if you watch it, you can see some of the pictures of the girls playing together include Hibana, usually with Iris.

The Angels Three joke was pretty funny, especially with the last one hiding behind a wall so she wouldn't get beaten up.
Mar 29, 2020 9:11 PM

Aug 2018
Wow, she fell in love for Kusakabe, huh.
Jun 9, 2020 7:46 AM
Dec 2019
its not fucking fair how characters somehow get ou of a situation that they're not suppose to be able to get out of. Like bruh, the princess eyes doing jack shit?? HOW are they being resisted.
Jun 17, 2020 2:36 AM

Jan 2011
ANiceGuy1 said:
its not fucking fair how characters somehow get ou of a situation that they're not suppose to be able to get out of. Like bruh, the princess eyes doing jack shit?? HOW are they being resisted.
What is worst the punch made her a fangirl for Shinra now. I can't believe someone thought this was a good idea. I checked the manga and the same thing happens too.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jun 18, 2020 7:05 PM

Jul 2016
Well... As some said it was a bit anticlimactic.
I mean the art, character design and animation are really beautiful. Princess Hibana is a very cool character as well but man... The fights are SO cliche that I'm starting to be annoyed. Everyone is overpowered even the younger ones which was supposed to have almost no field experience. All enemies looks badass but when the fight starts they're like the dumb villains cliche with mad laugh who lose with one punch. I can't feel emotion in the fights, I just see the "main protagonist who wants to be hero" power who will win just by motivation, looking like it's not a challenge at all.
Jun 26, 2020 1:27 AM

Aug 2019
Ok, this was the worst episode by far. Shinra needs to stop saying 'hero' every two seconds. Hibana's backstory was dull and uninspiring, it made me feel nothing whatsoever and her falling for Shinra was just cringy. And how just one punch was enough to make her personality do a full 180. The fights are annoying and project no sense of danger. Honestly, the beautiful animation can't save this alone when the writing and directing is so poor.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Jun 28, 2020 10:24 AM

May 2015
Annnnndddd MC has a lover now.

Poor captain. He was so hyped up.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 6, 2020 12:54 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Easy battle. Hibana seems strong with powerful control of fire. Her ability to make such a membrane got every people fainted and lost consciousness. Unfortunately, she couldn't took Shinra off easily. His will as a lone hero succeeded to survived the hot temperature that burnt her brain. Yeah, its hard battle of consciousness till Hibana used her ultimate ability. The color of fire, the flames of flower: Sakura leaves fire shots. Thats it. What a nice ability. She even could bring more color and shape into her flames. Like Maki's ability, but never make it alives.

Despite, the unnecessary love Hibana felt over Shinra, this episode kinda interesting with their animation and art detailed. Its a great job and put a lot of effort. I kinda saluted with every direction they had. It led a beutifully matched that make a wonderful finish of the arc. The alliances with 5th sounds risky for Hibana's life and her division. However, since the show still had a lack of information, that decision somehow worked over anything. So, i think its still an okay direction. Thats it.

Also, i take back my ranting over a useless Iris. Iris still beautiful and so cute. Look at our captain that on the base doing nothing. He lated join and my tagged as a useless character goes to him. Lmao
badabassJul 6, 2020 1:00 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 13, 2020 4:29 AM

Jul 2013
Oh look because of Hibana's past and recent fondness of the protagonist, all of the inhumane practices of company 5 are forgiven! And everybody's happy! Her past isn't even convincing because Iris experienced everything with her and she turned out fine and she doesn't even have fire bending powers. Well, so much for character development. I guess they're all buddies now?
Jul 21, 2020 1:22 PM

Nov 2008
Well, all i can say is that was fucking retarded. It's like all of the worst shounen tropes were crammed into a single episode - characters asspulling their way out of obvious defeat with nothing but self-confidence and out-of-nowhere power-ups, antagonist suddenly having a change of heart after being beaten, then joining the MC's cause and even falling for MC. I really wanted to like this series as i find it's designs to be pretty cool, but so far the story is quite bad and characters are pretty weak.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Sep 20, 2020 2:58 PM

Apr 2020
I honestly thought it was Hibana that started the fire at the convent. Also, it looks like a harem albeit unwanted is beginning to take shape.
Oct 1, 2020 9:41 AM
Jul 2019
A cute nun and a guy giving a woman a wake-up call via punch then said woman liking him afterwards. What is this, Index?

Overall this episode was very cliche. All the tropes you can imagine packed in one episode. Still hasn't given me a reason to continue this, but will keep going cause I don't drop shows.
Nov 14, 2020 2:54 PM

Feb 2009
great episode and ending to the arc. liked how Hibana and Iris' story got portrayed. the climax to the fight was unexpected, enjoyed it, very refreshing. first 6 episodes have been good, liking this series a lot.
Nov 19, 2020 4:34 PM

Apr 2013
The ending showed already that a tremendous Tragedy happened in Iris's and Hibana's past and now they elaborated it: I can see that it fucked up Hibana in the mind having to watch the other Sisters, "Iris and Hibana's Orphanage Siblings", burn alive, screaming in pain and burning to ashes... That's brutal to watch for an adult, and they were just Children when it happened... Hibana getting driven Insane by this Tragedy is not surprising.
Have to Commend Iris though, she was there with Hibana witnessing it together with her and her mind endured it, she is sad and laments her Siblings cruel Deaths but is fine overall.

Hibana got away easy, if you take Index/Railgun for example the girls take a proper beating before having their Ideals crushed and they atone for their actions, but she suffered a lot in her past afterall.

heh Hibana woke up from her distorted ideals, but got a Hero complex as replacement, she carefully admitted that she "likes" Shinra even.
Damn poor Obi at the end, finally finished setting up the raid and got his Gear ready and then he just gets told "It's Over!" lol
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Apr 21, 2021 11:28 PM

Nov 2010
Civil war over. So I guess 5th and 8th company are allies now plus Princess has a crush on Shinra now. lol

What about all the illegal research done by the 5th though? what will happen to that? let bygones be bygones?

I was hoping that there'll will be a sinister plot twist with Captain Akitaru. Sadly I'm wrong.. tsk
Jun 12, 2021 11:29 AM

Jun 2020
But is Hibana not spittin facts tho!!!!!! She’s owning it. And the art of her sakura tree was so sick. I love how stylistic the animation of Fire Force, I’m surprised it’s not talked about more often.

I’m glad Iris & Hibana made up but lol Shinra’s hero complex, makes me think I’m watching another anime altogether. I get that he wants to save & help people but the narrative made such a bold statement with his resolve to get to the bottom of things & uncover the truth behind these organizations & find out what really happened back then. So this constant hero rambling & self-serving dialogue really does nothing much for me & it’s throwing me off a little ngl!!!!!

Man I was looking forward to Obi’s involvement but he was reduced to comedic fodder & what more an after-credits scene.

And I love the ED so much!!!! Sucha bop, I never skip it.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 12, 2021 8:14 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty obvious that Hibana would become one of the good guys. And even her admiring Shinra in the end wasn't really a big surprise. That was a very fast 180° though, but I'll look over that as long as we get some nice Hibana fanservice in following episodes. That ending though, poor Obi got all fired up lol
Jan 21, 2022 3:43 PM

Mar 2016
So the decisive battle between Shinra and Hibana has begun, the one who burns vs the one who should be burned, well here's a little proposition...

HOW ABOUT A SMASHING PUNCH TO YOUR SMUG-ASS FACE?!

A bunch of backstory revelation was made in this ep, the reason why Hibana and Iris have grown apart from one another despite them being together back in the church is as simple as reality. It's just your classic old tale between an atheist person and a religious person. Add a dash of insanity and trauma to the mix and that equates to Hibana. A ticking timebomb that needed to be saved from the darkness that has corrupted her ideals. In terms of her backstory, if that's all there is, it's nothing to write home about, but nevertheless...

What else is more fitting than a wake-up-bitch-punch to shatter all of her delusions and maniacal illusions, a punch best done by Shinra the hero.

Shinra's punch transformed a crazy bitch into a sensible person once again, at least in front of those who have utterly defeated her, namely the 8th division. Hell, Shinra unintentionally made Hibana fall in love with him thanks to his over the top striking pose and grand announcement. This ep was a blast to watch, you get to see Shinra finally facing another tough opponent apart from the Joker, but unlike before, here he successfully subdued her and as I've mentioned, forcefully smacked some sense onto her. Welp, thanks to him, the 8th division is getting a great relationship with the 5th division, along with the research data and for Shinra alone, his very own Captain-grade harem member, lol.
May 18, 2022 12:59 PM

May 2020
One of the blandest ever backstory i ever saw, like even a single minute didn't make any sense to me. And moreover she fell for our protag... classic battle shounen script.

Though that last scene was kinda funny tbh.
Dec 26, 2022 1:09 AM

Nov 2020
The humour in this show is not funny at all. A pretty generic shounen with many gaps. The only good thing about this show is the fan service. An the backstories are very very generic.
Feb 26, 2023 12:27 PM
Aug 2017
Shinra hit her so hard she’s ready to let him hit in a different way 🗿

I have forgiven the bitch princess Hibana and she may now join Shinras harem
Apr 2, 2023 12:23 AM
Aug 2021
The princess is my type of crazy😂😂. Shinra is practising talk no justu. I don't understand how she created a tree from fire. Sister was so cute as a child. Damn Shinra has her blushing I need him 2 teach me his ways. That ending with the captain was funny I actually forget how long it takes him 2 get ready😂😂.
The_Black_B3astApr 2, 2023 12:28 AM
Apr 11, 2023 3:36 AM

Feb 2014
For the blink of an eye, I saw potential for Hibana x Iris there... I'd like a yuri ship way better than a Shinra harem. Sigh

I liked Hibana's backstory and her power looks suuuper cool!!! 
L had a poster of Norman in his room
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

176 by ArthurKFC »»
Apr 16, 7:08 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

199 by beamtoes »»
Apr 10, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

386 by Crispydang »»
Mar 30, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

118 by capybara_helo »»
Mar 10, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2019

108 by capybara_helo »»
Mar 10, 11:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.