Forum Settings
Forums

If You Could Get Your Favorite Man(ga/hwa/hua) or LN Adapted...

New
Aug 14, 2019 9:10 PM

Sep 2018
If you could have your favorite Manga, Manhwa, Manhua, or Light Novel adapted by the studio of your choice, which work would you choose and by which studio?

And yes, it can be a "remake" by a different studio (e.g. Berserk with a different studio).

Feel free to leave your explanation for why!
Blanks.
Aug 14, 2019 9:33 PM

Jan 2009
Slam Dunk and Soul Eater by BONES studio please, i pick up BONES since they are a large studio (they have 4 studios afaik) with decent amount of in-house talented animators

and also Medaka Box by studio Trigger directed by Imaishi will be awesome! his hyper-energetic style suits that manga imo (but ye im worried about the complex brain thinking required in the final arcs though)

Aug 14, 2019 9:36 PM

Jan 2017
Oyasumi Punpun by SHAFT.
30 more characters are unnecessary.
Aug 14, 2019 9:45 PM

Nov 2008
An anime of "Sachiiro One Room" would be really awesome. This manga is...kinda twisted but REALLY good.

Imagine Happy Sugar Life but....y'know, actually a lot more tasteful than yuri pedophilia. Lol

Other adaptations I'd like to see:

Watashi Ni XX Shinasai! (they'd tone down the smutty scenes though...:/ )

Takane To Hana -this would be great The comedy would be even better in anime format. The director of Nozaki-kun could take this on; they have a similar brand of lolz.

Dengeki Daisy -ditto

31 Ai Dream. WE NEED MORE JOSEI LIKE THIS.

Satsuriku No Tenshi 4koma 'SatsuTen' -OH GOD, PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN. XD
ChiibiAug 14, 2019 9:54 PM

Aug 14, 2019 9:46 PM
Jul 2019
Solo leveling by ufotable and Berserk by WIT or Bones.
Aug 14, 2019 9:54 PM
Jul 2019
Berserk and Vagabond by WIT. 20th Century Boys by David Pro.
Aug 14, 2019 10:00 PM
Jul 2019
Kusuriya no Hitorigoto by Madhouse. They have a good track record with Josie and mature Shoujo (Nana/Cihayafuru/Saiunkoku). Would also like to see Demon Prince of Momochi House done by Brain's Base or Shuka, b/c it fits their style of fantasy SOL.
Aug 14, 2019 10:05 PM
Jul 2018
- Übel Blatt > hands down! (Berserk can go sit in the corner)
- Battle Angel Alita (2 ova's of Anime is not enough, instead we got retarded Live Action movie which I will never watch)
Aug 15, 2019 8:50 AM

Nov 2008
moonprisimpower said:
Would also like to see Demon Prince of Momochi House done by Brain's Base or Shuka, b/c it fits their style of fantasy SOL.

Oooh, I second this! I was collecting the manga...but it was getting too long (I collect a ridiculous amount of manga lol) This would be gorgeous too....

@BallistikJuice

I've been intrigued by Ubel Blatt's cover artwork at the bookstore but it's shrink-wrapped so I can't read it which makes me all the more intrigued. xD

The Alita movie actually isn't too bad...though I really don't like what they did to Yugo, the rest of it is decent. Not trying to force it on you though.

Aug 15, 2019 8:55 AM

Mar 2017
Slam Dunk, Real and Saiyuki by Bones
Aug 15, 2019 9:01 AM

Aug 2016
Remakes of Pandora Hearts, Chrono Crusade and Planetes that adapt their source material more faithfully all the way to the end. Bones could handle the first two, while Planetes would do fine with being made by Sunrise once again. A new season of SKET Dance adapting the rest of the manga from the same studio that made the first anime. A Three Days of Happiness adaptation made by P.A Works, and... I guess a new Evangelion anime that adapts the manga, but I'm not sure what studio could pull that off well.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Aug 15, 2019 9:08 AM
Jul 2018
I would love to see remakes of Soul Eater and Pandora Hearts, both done by Bones preferably. I would also be beyond happy to see them adapt The Case Study of Vanitas/Vanitas no Carte, and I feel like House of the Sun/Taiyou no Ie could really use an anime adaptation though I'm not sure which studio should be behind it.
Aug 15, 2019 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:
moonprisimpower said:
Would also like to see Demon Prince of Momochi House done by Brain's Base or Shuka, b/c it fits their style of fantasy SOL.

Oooh, I second this! I was collecting the manga...but it was getting too long (I collect a ridiculous amount of manga lol) This would be gorgeous too...

@BallistikJuice

I've been intrigued by Ubel Blatt's cover artwork at the bookstore but it's shrink-wrapped so I can't read it which makes me all the more intrigued. xD

The Alita movie actually isn't too bad...though I really don't like what they did to Yugo, the rest of it is decent. Not trying to force it on you though.

Übel Blatt probably the best Fantasy Manga (in my opinion), I got bored from reading the first few volumes of Berserk I think because I got spoiled by Übel Blatt.
Aug 15, 2019 9:47 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Koe no Katachi, and KyoAni did a fabulous job with it so no thank you.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 15, 2019 9:49 AM

Jul 2017
JoJo Steel Ball Run by David Production, knowing how well they've been adapting the series, and they'll eventually do it in some years.
Aug 15, 2019 11:15 AM

Apr 2015
Kubera: One Last God by either Bones or the crew who helmed Hunter X Hunter 2011 (not sure if those staff are still with Madhouse).
Aug 15, 2019 11:22 AM

Oct 2010
HakoMari by Feel or DavidPro (they did great with Sakurada), these two really know how to create that specific atmosphere of mystery, horror, depression (and some edgy too). Too bad it's never going to happen.
Aug 15, 2019 11:29 AM

Sep 2018
Berserk,Vagabond, Punpun, Holograph and basicially any other work by Asano is not adaptable, i mean they probably are but will never reach the quality of the Manga. For the sake of modern anime gods just leave those alone.....pls dont ruin them its the last thing i want from anime. The 1997 Berserk can't be topped, i would bet my left kidney.

Vinland has a adaptation, not a bad one but still not as good as the Manga...

Onanie Master Kurosawa, maybe Shaft, they are good at doing dirty stuff.

Heaven's Door is a collection of short storys that i dont really see working in anime since it heavily relies on panel structure.

A full Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä anime would be THE GREATEST THING EVER, probably if its done with the same good old Ghibli charm, lets give the bugs a good adapation.

Dont have a favortie LN beside Monogatari since most are trash anyway.
-Mullerio-Aug 15, 2019 11:37 AM
Aug 15, 2019 11:38 AM

Oct 2015
i would love to see a remake of slam dunk and an anime adaption of real by bones ;n;
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Aug 15, 2019 11:41 AM

Jan 2016
Takemitsu Zamurai by Science Saru and The Voynich Hotel by Trigger.
Aug 15, 2019 1:26 PM
Mar 2016
Horimiya
idk about the studio though
Aug 15, 2019 1:29 PM

Jun 2019
I want to see David Productions give Yu Yu Hakusho the Brotherhood treatment.
Aug 15, 2019 8:19 PM

Jan 2013
i can't think of a lot right now but if Shimamani Tasogare could get an adaption by KyoAni and make as beautiful as Violet Evergarden... i'd be set for life.

i also thought of Bones for the manhwa King's Maker (close-ish to the style of FMAB). there are some similar character design elements going on there too, it'd be beautiful. if not Bones, maybe ufotable

EDIT: u know what. Madhouse would be a good choice for King's Maker too can i get that real quick @ MH
Aug 15, 2019 8:43 PM

Jul 2013
None! and btw, I prefer real literature like Lord of the Rings, Frankenstein or Nothing Lasts Forever as well as original anime to manga, VNs and LNs (I hate light novels with a passion).
Aug 15, 2019 10:04 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Seeing a continuation of Magi would be nice but thats all but a pipe dream since the manga ended. also, people will get to see how godawful sinjackass is lol
Aug 16, 2019 12:48 AM
May 2019
Berserk to be remaked by Madhouse and Slam Dunk to be continued still by Toei Animation.
Aug 16, 2019 1:27 AM

Feb 2019
IM great priest imhotep by BONES or Madhouse

Dengeki Daisy - TMS Entertainment
mainaviAug 16, 2019 1:38 AM
Aug 16, 2019 1:44 AM
Jul 2018
Berserk by wit studio since they can animate blood and violence so well.
Aug 16, 2019 1:51 AM

Jan 2014
"Utsuro no hako to zero no maria" by Shaft. Since it's pretty wordy.

I also hope studio shuka picks up other Narita's work like "Etsusa Bridge" or "Vamp"

"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Aug 16, 2019 1:53 AM

Dec 2012
If I had infinite Money Works then...

Finish Adapting:
Manga:

Novels:

Then I want adaptations of:
20th Century Boys
Amnesia Labyrinth
Billy Bat
Black Bird
Boogiepop Dual
Ga-Rei
Goddess of the Glass
Kyoushi to Seito to
Mahoutsukai no Yoru
Pluto
Superior
Virgin na Kankei
Wolf and Parchment

and a remake of:
Ai Yori Aoshi
His and Her Circumstances (Kare Kano)
Omamori Himari
Scrapped Princess
Tsukihime
KruszerAug 16, 2019 2:12 AM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Aug 16, 2019 2:06 AM

Feb 2017
fumetsu no anata e, by bones

kami-sama hear my prayer pls lol
Aug 16, 2019 2:09 AM
Jul 2018
I would do absolutely anything to get Trimax an anime, or a Brotherood style manga faithful reboot of all of Trigun.

Also would love to see Shoulder-A-Coffin Kuro. It's easily the best thing in all of Manga Time Kirara but somehow it's one of the only ones with no anime.
Aug 16, 2019 6:02 AM

Oct 2008
Nana to Kaoru is my favourite manga it was addapted in to an OVA series, but if the same studio makes a 20+ ep anime (R-mild nudity) I would be overjoyed.

Mushoku Tensei is my 3rd favorite manga and it will be addapted in the near/distant future, I wish it would be addapted by "Satelight" or "Deen".

Goblin Slayer is my 4th favorite manga and "White Fox" screwd up really bad with adapting it. So if it could be readapted I would like for "A-1 pictures" or "Wit" to do it this time.
Aug 16, 2019 9:38 AM

Mar 2012
Manga:
Dengeki Daisy
Nashisho no Tsubomi - it currently has 3 OVAs covering the first volume but I want all the 8 volumes to be animated :3
Hikari to Tomo ni
Liar Game
Any studio other than shaft or Deen would be fine, I don't care much about who does it as long as they follow the source material

LN/Novel:
My favorite one is already adapted into a series of movies by ufotable along with my favorite artist Kalafina singing the ending themes, I couldn't ask for more :'D
Aug 17, 2019 7:00 AM
Jan 2019
I don't even know where to start (I read way too much manhwa) but to keep it simple an anime adaptation of Killing stalking (preferably longer than your standard 12 eps cuz then you won't cover even the half of the manhwa).

Now I know what y'all are thinking "that abusive BL thingy? Heavens no". But,what if they tone down the sex scenes a bit (like a R-17 rating,nothing except blood and gore is shown on screen but you know what they're doing),and focus a bit more on the murder mystery aspect with a psychological drama twist.

For the studio,I think Shaft would be a good choice with the crazy camera angles and head tilts.
Aug 17, 2019 7:32 AM

Dec 2017
kokou no hito by wit studio.

I'd love to see a grand blue remake by sunrise, it can do great justice to the manga.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

More topics from this board

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 39 minutes ago

6 by Kenzolo-folk »»
43 seconds ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

27 by Lhundrup »»
2 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

980 by LuxieLux »»
3 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

82 by mshfqtny »»
8 minutes ago

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 9 hours ago

13 by perseii »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.