Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Sep 23, 2019 6:46 AM

Oct 2018
thepath said:
8.8 ?? The score is too high

I like this show, but it is not even close to being best anime this year or even this season. Vinland Saga is way better.

Yakusoku no Neverland, Dororo, Attacck on titan, Jojo part 5 are also better

People started to overrated this anime after episode 19. The score jumped from 8.5 to 8.8

It's only natural that an anime gets attention and changes the opinion of viewers a lot with an outstanding episode like that

And it's not like it has only happened to KnY

Same thing happened to SnK, Mob Psycho, Kanata no Astra, Given this year too
And there are probably others
Sep 23, 2019 8:54 AM

Mar 2014
For me it's the worst one I've seen this year. Until around episode 10, it was the best (I had it rated a 9, even, I loved it). But after Zenitsu showed up and brought that awful comedy with him, I've been lowering and lowering the rating. I have it at 4 now, and I'm not lowering it more solely because of the animation.

I think the best anime of the year will be the fourth season of My Hero Academia, which starts next month and will adapt the best arc of the manga. It will be epic. But until then, Dororo is the best so far for me.
Sep 23, 2019 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
hell na this sum overrattid cabbage no cap just drip 🙏🙏🙏🙏
Sep 23, 2019 3:54 PM

Dec 2013
Peeti said:
-Aincrad- said:

Here we go again, the shittiest argument ever existed.

Not like care even a little bit about your opinion either, so...
Yeah judging fans like that is not a good thing. U r a fan of the show and it's good. People like to attack for these kind of things. It's not like it is Boku no pico. 8+ score: actually, it's a good thing that you are enjoying pretty much this medium, hmm more likely u choose carefully what to watch, I guess, my fellow hooman .

Nobody's judging anything. He simply overrates anime as fuck.
With 8.61 MS you pretty much rate everything 9-10. And that's bullshit.
Sep 23, 2019 5:16 PM

May 2014
-Aincrad- said:
thepath said:

I like this show, but it is not even close to being best anime this year or even this season. Vinland Saga is way better.

People started to overrated this anime after episode 19. The score jumped from 8.5 to 8.8

It's only natural that an anime gets attention and changes the opinion of viewers a lot with an outstanding episode like that

No, it's not natural. A good anime has to be good as a whole, not expecting for a outstanding moment to be the only source of quality. Mob had its peak moment too, but the serie kept good before and after it, it's not like episode 5 had to happen in order to put the serie in the radar.

If a serie needs an outstanding moment to get attention and change the opinion of viewers instead of making it by itself as a whole, then the serie is not that good as expected.
Sep 23, 2019 6:48 PM

Sep 2019
-Aincrad- said:
thepath said:

As I told you, the case between snk, mob and 5th season of long name anime is different from kny because no one's episode touch the peak that kny's episode did but on the other hand these other series had multiple episodes in 90's %age. Of course kny has it's own other episodes in 80's %age which is a good thing as it shows that the show only don't lie on one episode but comparison with others don't seem precisely accurate.
PeetiSep 23, 2019 6:52 PM
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Sep 23, 2019 7:02 PM

Jun 2019
Setsuei said:
For me it's still Dororo followed by The Promised Neverland, Bungou Stray Dogs S3 and Mob Psycho 100 S2 in that order. At least until I start watching other 2019 anime.

I agree with The Promise Neverland being one of the best animes of 2019. It really blew my mind. I would also throw Dr. Stone in this list.
Sep 24, 2019 12:10 AM

Dec 2013
Rhapsody- said:
-Aincrad- said:

No, it's not natural. A good anime has to be good as a whole, not expecting for a outstanding moment to be the only source of quality. Mob had its peak moment too, but the serie kept good before and after it, it's not like episode 5 had to happen in order to put the serie in the radar.

If a serie needs an outstanding moment to get attention and change the opinion of viewers instead of making it by itself as a whole, then the serie is not that good as expected.

Guess you only need hype to get high score. Same shit happened with new AoT pt 2.
Kimetsu itself is just your average shounen. It has some good moments but that's it. For the most part, it's as mediocre as it can be.
Sep 24, 2019 2:58 AM

Jan 2018
No chance at all for it to be AOTY in a year with Attack on Titan or Vinland Saga. Basically just any WIT show from now on.
Sep 24, 2019 9:17 AM

Aug 2019
Peeti said:
-Aincrad- said:

As I told you, the case between snk, mob and 5th season of long name anime is different from kny because no one's episode touch the peak that kny's episode did but on the other hand these other series had multiple episodes in 90's %age. Of course kny has it's own other episodes in 80's %age which is a good thing as it shows that the show only don't lie on one episode but comparison with others don't seem precisely accurate.

I agree. KnY is littered with a number of episodes in the 60-70% range. To be the AoTY, there needs to be some sort of consistency in excellence.
Sep 24, 2019 7:05 PM

Sep 2019
xenosys said:
Peeti said:

I agree. KnY is littered with a number of episodes in the 60-70% range. To be the AoTY, there needs to be some sort of consistency in excellence.
I think if calculated like one guy did somewhere, the average percentage of kny will lie in between 70% to 74% for 5/5 votes. I guess it is a decent %age for 5/5 votes.
PeetiSep 24, 2019 10:00 PM
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Sep 27, 2019 2:48 AM

Jan 2018
Due to the rates (currently rank #21) its at least one of the best Animes this year yet and even better as Vinland Saga in my opinion.

But tastes are different so I guess its not possible to make a general statement about it.
master-kevSep 27, 2019 4:06 AM

“The true measure of a shinobi is not how he lives but how he dies.
It’s not what they do in life but what they did before dying that proves their worth.” - Jiraiya
Sep 27, 2019 3:51 AM
Aug 2018
Anime of the year is Boogiepop.
Sep 27, 2019 4:30 AM
Sep 2016
master-kev said:
Due to the rates (currently rank #21) its at least one of the best Animes this year yet and even better as Vinland Saga in my opinion.

But tastes are different so I guess its not possible to make a general statement about it.

Vinland's adaptation is pretty horrible , WIT is overrated, as is SNK
Sep 27, 2019 6:33 AM

Oct 2014
AlphaOmegaKnight said:
no
Not even in top 5

To me it felt like some badly writen show on drugs imo

Well, some of the characters certainly behave like they're on drugs.
Sep 27, 2019 6:47 AM

Oct 2018
Peeti said:
xenosys said:

I think if calculated like one guy did somewhere, the average percentage of kny will lie in between 70% to 74% for 5/5 votes. I guess it is a decent %age for 5/5 votes.

It's 73.45% currently. I just did an updated calculation of it and made a thread about it.
Sep 27, 2019 7:02 AM

Sep 2019
-Aincrad- said:
Peeti said:

It's 73.45% currently. I just did an updated calculation of it and made a thread about it.
Woahh, u did that. Great👍. My prediction was right but I wasn't precise.
Sep 27, 2019 11:03 AM

Apr 2013
Yes, maybe one of the best..
Because this year so many contender to be AoTY...

But I can sure, if this series have continuation in the future, will be the newest epic-popular shounen series in this recent year. After BnHA I think.
Sep 27, 2019 11:33 AM

Jun 2019
Eh not even close. The show is pretty mediocre in terms of quality.
Sep 27, 2019 12:32 PM

Dec 2018
Of course not. There is Aot 3.5 ;)
Sep 27, 2019 10:53 PM
Jul 2018
It's good by shounen standards, but severely overrated.
Sep 27, 2019 11:10 PM
Jul 2018
I REALLY like KnY, I really do. It's a beautiful anime. It might when prettiest anime of the year, but honestly, the last episode of Dr. Stone was more hype for me than all of KnY so far.

Kanata no Astra was the most original feeling of 2019 for me and had the most consistency of all the story lines. It's my personal pick, but who the hell am I?

Two remakes, Dororo and Fruits Basket were brilliant to watch, maybe them?

I think Yaiba will be praised as it should be, but with big dog sequels still yet to come in the fall season, I don't really think it has a shot for AOTY.
Sep 28, 2019 12:46 AM
Dec 2016
the best for me than AOT, because this anime makes me cry. :")
Sep 28, 2019 2:37 AM
Sep 2019
The show is great but Vinland saga is better and I feel like 2nd arc is bit of drag ...
Sep 28, 2019 12:05 PM
Oct 2016
Sure, it's one of the best. But not the best one to me.
Sep 28, 2019 2:29 PM
Mar 2019
Without a doubt, if it's not, Imma cause a riot

It's either it or Mob Psycho Season 2
Sep 28, 2019 2:51 PM
Dec 2014
Attack on Titan is there so lol absolutely not
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2019 9:48 AM
Sep 2019
I have read the manga and trust me when I say that future seasons will be spectacular. The series really kick off later on when subtle hints of plot unravel. It is not Aoty this year but in the future it will win back to back.
Sep 30, 2019 11:08 PM
May 2019
BNA1244 said:
I have read the manga and trust me when I say that future seasons will be spectacular. The series really kick off later on when subtle hints of plot unravel. It is not Aoty this year but in the future it will win back to back.

I read the manga and the plot is always pretty by-the-numbers, it never changes.

No wonder the sales were just average before the anime.

What made this season a success and what can make the next seasons a success is Ufotable, not the plot.

The studio managed to turn a weak asspulled fight into one of the most visually beautiful scenes of the year.

With this kind of treatment even Fairy Tail would be called AOTY.
Sep 30, 2019 11:11 PM

Oct 2018
Bripara said:
BNA1244 said:

I read the manga and the plot is always pretty by-the-numbers, it never changes.

What made this season a success and what can make the next seasons a success is Ufotable, not the plot.

The studio managed to turn a weak asspulled fight into one of the most visually beautiful scenes of the year.

People still believe animation alone is enough to blow up an anime like this
Oct 1, 2019 12:38 AM
Oct 2018
-Aincrad- said:
Bripara said:

Animation, wider reach of internet and a few comments from famous people are enough to blow it up.
Oct 1, 2019 2:34 AM

Sep 2018
not AOTY but best boy should be Tanjirou and best girl is Nezuko ofc!
and also best animation for UFOTABLE.
Oct 1, 2019 3:54 AM

Dec 2018
Even if that is not my favourite genre of anime i think Attack on Titan was really good

Demon Slayer started really strong,, But then the humour or should i say screaming and crying started!! The main trio kill this anime for me ,, Together i cant stand them they piss me off constantly!

So before that started i have this anime on 7/10 but gave it 5/10

If you like more details read my review ,,,But no Demon slayer isnt even close to be anime of the year for me ,,,

https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=318523
Oct 1, 2019 7:00 AM

Mar 2018
-Aincrad- said:
Bripara said:

animation alone is not enough but the story still is just average if the story was bad it wouldn’t blow up like it did but the story is fine and a fun one but nothing great and what really made it blow up was the production not just animation it was also the music and the art but overall the story is kind of average
Oct 3, 2019 11:15 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Kamiyan3991 said:
-Aincrad- said:
About my own opinion:
It's definitely one of the best this year(maybe the best) so far

Your opinion doesn't really matter with that mean score though.
Any crap is 8+ for you. Just plebs being plebs.

Says the guy who gives 7+ to everything
Oct 3, 2019 5:18 PM

Dec 2013
Roevhaal said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

Your opinion doesn't really matter with that mean score though.
Any crap is 8+ for you. Just plebs being plebs.

Says the guy who gives 7+ to everything

I'm just too lazy to add drops/bads to my list. Or just to update that list regularly.
Unless something is laughably bad, like Shield Hero, I don't bother.
But, yeah, you're right. Some of these scores should be (way) lower. It's just that everything below 7 is considered bad here. Smh.
Oct 3, 2019 5:53 PM

Apr 2015
There's already better contenders for best anime of 2019 but Kimetsu no Yaiba is definitely not on my list.
Oct 3, 2019 9:30 PM

Aug 2019
In a year with Mob Psycho 100 II and Vinland Saga?
Oct 4, 2019 1:34 AM
Aug 2018
Not even in the discussion. It's an underhwhelming shounen with pretty art.
Contendors so far are Mob S2, Aot P3, and Vinland.
Oct 6, 2019 12:27 AM
Apr 2017
for me the best anime of 2019 is AOT S03P2
and the second the promised neverland
followed by Demon slayer
Nov 2, 2019 1:32 AM
Mar 2019
Aot is the best in 2019 👌👌
Jan 1, 2020 2:58 AM
Jan 2020
I am new to anime. can you suggest some anime to watch of gener :- action, adventure ,dark fantasy.
Jan 4, 2020 6:34 AM
Jan 2020
nope,i disagree. i believed that attack on titan is the best anime of 2019.
Jan 4, 2020 6:37 AM
Jan 2020
Jasmine_official said:
I am new to anime. can you suggest some anime to watch of gener :- action, adventure ,dark fantasy.
ajin,The immortal beings known as Ajin first appeared in Africa 17 years ago. Afraid of what these superior humans could do, Ajin were cordoned off from society, arrested, and taken away by the government whenever they were found. Yet these events are far from Kei Nagai’s mind. The stoic high school student only wants to succeed in life, and ignores everything that doesn’t help him with his goal. But when Kei gets hit by a truck one day, he discovers that he himself is an Ajin! On the run from everyone he knew and the government, Kei must find a new future to work toward…

From the beginning, Ajin is a series that embraces the darkest parts of humanity, particularly through the eyes of its villains. Kei starts out as an unlikeable main character, growing to understand where his own morals fall throughout the course of the series. Ajin takes unexpected turns to address themes and tropes in a way not seen in many other anime. Its focus on the common “man or monster” idea is given new light through the unique Ajin beings, especially later on in the series. And even though the CG animation puts some viewers off, by the end of the anime it is a welcome sight!
Jan 4, 2020 6:39 AM

Nov 2019
this thread is on and off, but its 2020 now and...yeah no
misato > asuka > rei
Jan 5, 2020 1:28 AM

Oct 2012
Probably yes from me. Though I enjoyed Kaguya-sama quite a lot.
Jan 5, 2020 3:04 AM
Jul 2018
Kimetsu no Yaiba was the best anime of 2019 for me :)

but there were many good Animes in 2019 in general..
Jan 10, 2020 9:01 PM
Jun 2019
no MOB PSYCHO 100 2
Feb 19, 2020 4:24 PM
Sep 2019
its still good but why the hell did it win ajimenof the year actually how does this generic predictable anime win the promised neverland was the best anime of 2019 by far
Apr 17, 2020 2:06 AM
Nov 2017
I have an anime review page in Greece and recently I made a poll about anime of the year 2020 and Demon Slayer won. It didn't only win, but I had a huge difference (22% Demon Slayer and 9% The Promised Neverland).

Why do you think this happened? I also like the series, but I didn't find it that exciting for it to win with such a huge difference and there were also some good seireis ongoing in 2019.

Is it overhyped? Overated? Did it offer something that was just missing from our community? What do you think?
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Yesterday, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Yesterday, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 18, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.