Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 28, 2019 1:18 AM

Feb 2019
anx1ety said:
For me it would be FMA/FMAB. I wasn't really a big anime person back then even though my older brothers watches anime. So one of them introduced me with FMA and I couldn't stop watching it. I remember coming home from school and I would watch it religiously on my laptop. It was the same thing with FMAB. Also I cosplayed as Edward Elric at Comic-Con.

Comiccon like legit comic con or a smaller one? That’s so cool. FMA on Adultswim back in 04/05 was such vibes man, staying up till 4 to see it was awesome
Aug 28, 2019 1:22 AM

Dec 2014
Naruto... It got me hooked, and lead to me discovering anime. It changed my life a lot, as I ended up wasting my teenage years and early adult life on a chair in the front of a computer.
Aug 28, 2019 1:37 AM
May 2016
It made me learn that with enough open mindedness you can enjoy almost every show
Aug 28, 2019 2:22 PM

Jul 2016
Rurouni Kenshin was definitely the most impactful anime in my life. There is something very relaxing about watching most of the early episodes of the show, to me the show has a very soothing atmosphere, almost magical, which is strange because at first glance it's just a historical setting from a period that has been done time and time again. The anime manages to perfectly blend a bit of slice of life, romance, comedy and action (while also having an incredible charming 90s nostalgia-inducing animation if that's your thing) while having, in my opinion one of the most interesting shounen protagonists ever. Kenshin isn't a run-of-the-mill shounen protagonist - he is a grown man who went through a lot in his life already and is now having a sort of a "redemption arc" so to speak. From the first moment I fell in love with the series and watching Kenshin's story unfold made me at least a bit happier at a time when I felt down pretty much all the time. It's an incredibly complex character that many of us can relate to in ways you wouldn't even imagine at first. Kenshin's fascinating story, slower pace and relaxing atmosphere of the series was just the right thing for me to make me forget about all the stressful things happening to me in real life.

I know all too well that there are objectively better anime out there. After all Kenshin fails in many aspects (the animation is lackluster at times and the anime turns into a filler hell after the famous Kyoto arc) and there are much more complex and better stories in other anime series, but Kenshin will always be near and dear to my heart. I am very likely biased because I watched it at a time when it affected me a lot, so I am not saying it's a series that is for everyone. It's, however, something I personally really want to revisit a few years down the line to reminisce about the good times I had with it or perhaps to find new things to love. :)
SteelBallGyroAug 28, 2019 2:35 PM
Aug 28, 2019 9:16 PM

Jun 2015
Superns18 said:
anx1ety said:
For me it would be FMA/FMAB. I wasn't really a big anime person back then even though my older brothers watches anime. So one of them introduced me with FMA and I couldn't stop watching it. I remember coming home from school and I would watch it religiously on my laptop. It was the same thing with FMAB. Also I cosplayed as Edward Elric at Comic-Con.

Comiccon like legit comic con or a smaller one? That’s so cool. FMA on Adultswim back in 04/05 was such vibes man, staying up till 4 to see it was awesome

Like a legit comic-con lol. I went to NYC Comic-Con.
Aug 28, 2019 9:18 PM

Sep 2012
I don't think there was one particular anime that I can name, because a lot have affected me. Clannad, shokugeki, ippo, FMA Brotherhood, fate, and especially one piece have all been extremely influential in terms of teaching me the importance of self betterment.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Aug 29, 2019 8:01 PM

Feb 2019
anx1ety said:
Superns18 said:

Like a legit comic-con lol. I went to NYC Comic-Con.

Bro that’s so dope, you’ve done something on my bucket list
Aug 29, 2019 8:01 PM

Feb 2019
Korrvo said:
I don't think there was one particular anime that I can name, because a lot have affected me. Clannad, shokugeki, ippo, FMA Brotherhood, fate, and especially one piece have all been extremely influential in terms of teaching me the importance of self betterment.

I want to get into FATE so bad man, looks a bit confusing tho.
Aug 29, 2019 11:41 PM

Sep 2012
Superns18 said:
Korrvo said:

It's more intimidating than it is actually confusing. Watching in canonical/release order from fate/zero to UBW makes the whole ordeal pretty simple.

THEN you can mess with all the other random crap.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Aug 29, 2019 11:57 PM
Aug 2019
The Slayers, and Ghibli movies, cause it got me into anime.
Aug 30, 2019 12:24 AM
Demon Venerable

Apr 2018
Death Parade taught me that there is no one in this world who could decide about someone's life or death, and that everyone deserves to live, because there are no evil people by nature, everything depends on the circumstances that we encounter in our lives. It also taught me that people die to enjoy their life.

That's all from important things I can remember for now.

Aug 30, 2019 12:26 AM
Jul 2018
Clannad Afterstory
For the things that it taught me. The value of family, members , fatherhood, friendship, meaning of help, meaning of loss, try to get up after every fall even if it's hard and so muchhh.
Aug 31, 2019 2:19 AM

Feb 2019
Raideroz said:
Death Parade taught me that there is no one in this world who could decide about someone's life or death, and that everyone deserves to live, because there are no evil people by nature, everything depends on the circumstances that we encounter in our lives. It also taught me that people die to enjoy their life.

What do you mean by people die to enjoy their life? I agree with people not being evil by nature though. All about perspective
Aug 31, 2019 2:20 AM

Feb 2019
KASAlovesANIME said:
Clannad Afterstory
For the things that it taught me. The value of family, members , fatherhood, friendship, meaning of help, meaning of loss, try to get up after every fall even if it's hard and so muchhh.

I haven’t seen it yet but just from the general gist I get from everything, Iran probably the most fleshed our slice of life of all time in terms of it exploring such a long period of time
Aug 31, 2019 2:21 AM

Feb 2019
Korrvo said:
Superns18 said:

It's more intimidating than it is actually confusing. Watching in canonical/release order from fate/zero to UBW makes the whole ordeal pretty simple.

THEN you can mess with all the other random crap.

So you can just go in release order? Wasn’t there like two that you should avoid? I think DEEN’s and one other
Aug 31, 2019 2:44 AM

Dec 2018
Oh! My Goddess

what i learned is "Forget The Past, Move Forward No Matter How Many Hardship You Will Get"
Aug 31, 2019 2:52 AM
Demon Venerable

Apr 2018
Superns18 said:
Raideroz said:

What do you mean by people die to enjoy their life? I agree with people not being evil by nature though. All about perspective

Imagine you have 24 hours left to live, what are you going to do?
And now imagine that you are immortal, would you still want to do that?
''Death Timer'' is a trigger for us to act, if it wasn't for death, people wouldn't have the motivation to live. Who often live life to the fullest? Those who survived life and death situations and those who know they will die pretty soon.
Aug 31, 2019 3:34 AM
Apr 2016
i feel that most anime i've watched that left an impression to me no matter how small, changed me in some ways. there is however, an anime that made me feel like life is still worth living. that series is gintama.
i'm always alone. people come and go in my life. i don't have a great relationship with my family, im not doing well in pretty much anything. in short, i'm worthless. but gintama, man. it help me cope with dark thoughts. i feel a deep bond and connection to almost every characters. i could've done stupid shit to myself if it wasn't for gintama. and it just ended, sheesh, i couldn't be emptier.
Aug 31, 2019 3:53 AM

Dec 2015
Watching Hibike! Euphonium made me re-realise my love for music, and inspired me to pick up an instrument again for the first time in many years. Almost 3 years later, and here I am taking weekly lessons for 4 different instruments, as well as playing in a handful of different ensembles. Hibike still remains among my favourite anime for helping me discover my passion.
Aug 31, 2019 3:57 AM
Jun 2019
I feel that most anime I've watched that left an impression to me no matter how small, changed me in some way.
LOL Copied that⬆....don't have time for writing answers...too busy watching....u know...
Aug 31, 2019 11:56 AM

Jun 2012
Clannad spurred me to reexamine what I really have as I realized how fortunate I really was, and am. It wouldn't hold so well after all these years if it lacked the foresight to reflect an audience as it got older

Dango Gang for life
Aug 31, 2019 12:17 PM
May 2019
Gintama saved me from my depression
Aug 31, 2019 10:30 PM

Feb 2019
oddjobsyorozuya said:
Gintama saved me from my depression

how so? seems really upbeat and fun, but never watched
Aug 31, 2019 10:31 PM

Feb 2019
Akito_Kinomoto said:
Clannad spurred me to reexamine what I really have as I realized how fortunate I really was, and am. It wouldn't hold so well after all these years if it lacked the foresight to reflect an audience as it got older

Dango Gang for life

that is a really good point. Always have to be grateful for what you have in life
Aug 31, 2019 10:31 PM

Feb 2019
tsuchizen said:
i feel that most anime i've watched that left an impression to me no matter how small, changed me in some ways. there is however, an anime that made me feel like life is still worth living. that series is gintama.
i'm always alone. people come and go in my life. i don't have a great relationship with my family, im not doing well in pretty much anything. in short, i'm worthless. but gintama, man. it help me cope with dark thoughts. i feel a deep bond and connection to almost every characters. i could've done stupid shit to myself if it wasn't for gintama. and it just ended, sheesh, i couldn't be emptier.

Ometedou! I want to get into that one, but it's so long
Aug 31, 2019 10:32 PM

Feb 2019
Tokimeki said:
Watching Hibike! Euphonium made me re-realise my love for music, and inspired me to pick up an instrument again for the first time in many years. Almost 3 years later, and here I am taking weekly lessons for 4 different instruments, as well as playing in a handful of different ensembles. Hibike still remains among my favourite anime for helping me discover my passion.

Now these are the types of stories I love hearing, can't wait to see you make it big
Aug 31, 2019 10:32 PM

Feb 2019
Nxt_Arsenic said:
I feel that most anime I've watched that left an impression to me no matter how small, changed me in some way.
LOL Copied that⬆....don't have time for writing answers...too busy watching....u know...

watching the 24 hour loop of the chika dance?
Aug 31, 2019 10:33 PM

Feb 2019
Raideroz said:
Superns18 said:

''Death Timer'' is a trigger for us to act, if it wasn't for death, people wouldn't have the motivation to live. Who often live life to the fullest? Those who survived life and death situations and those who know they will die pretty soon.

ngl, I am still confused, but what I think you're saying is that we don't really appreciate life until we realise that we will die?
Aug 31, 2019 11:02 PM

Sep 2012
Superns18 said:

So you can just go in release order? Wasn’t there like two that you should avoid? I think DEEN’s and one other
The 2006 is generally considered very bad yes. I'm a bonafide fate fanboy but I haven't even gotten near that anime.

The other one is probably fate apocrypha. Fate apocrypha was ALL over the place in terms of quality, and if I wasn't already a fate fan, I wouldn't have enjoyed it. From shoddy sound design, inconsistent and very questionable animation, to even a time wasting filler arc and an infuriatingly basic and boring MC, it was a bit of a catastrophe.

Apocrypha is an anime you watch if you've already played FGO, which is the mobile game, as seeing some characters in the show that you've already seen in-game adds to the entertainment value and makes it worth watching.
Aug 31, 2019 11:11 PM

Feb 2019
Korrvo said:
Superns18 said:

The 2006 is generally considered very bad yes. I'm a bonafide fate fanboy but I haven't even gotten near that anime.

The other one is probably fate apocrypha. Fate apocrypha was ALL over the place in terms of quality, and if I wasn't already a fate fan, I wouldn't have enjoyed it. From shoddy sound design, inconsistent and very questionable animation, to even a time wasting filler arc and an infuriatingly basic and boring MC, it was a bit of a catastrophe.

Apocrypha is an anime you watch if you've already played FGO, which is the mobile game, as seeing some characters in the show that you've already seen in-game adds to the entertainment value and makes it worth watching.

got you, so like do they take place over different time periods? I just know Saber and Rin are quite popular, are they in every FATE, or are some nonrelated
Aug 31, 2019 11:20 PM

Sep 2012
Superns18 said:

got you, so like do they take place over different time periods? I just know Saber and Rin are quite popular, are they in every FATE, or are some nonrelated
Fate/zero takes place 10 years before the events of UBW

Apoc is in another universe altogether and I don't even think it's canon, as is prisma illya and the two anime being adapted from the FGO game: camelot and babylonia.

There is also heaven's feel, a string of movies currently coming out which adapts one of the three routes from the original fate stay/night visual novel, with UBW being another one.

It's a bit convoluted, but fate/zero to UBW is a story all in of itself and very worth watching without considering the fate universe as a whole.
Sep 1, 2019 1:06 AM
Jun 2019
Superns18 said:

Haha..😑😑😑 No I watch it only once a day...Busy watching 'currently airings' + gintama+ Kings Avatar Tv Series+ most important I also have my chemistry xam tomorrow...
Sep 1, 2019 6:08 AM
Demon Venerable

Apr 2018
Superns18 said:
Raideroz said:

ngl, I am still confused, but what I think you're saying is that we don't really appreciate life until we realise that we will die?

I'm saying what m saying. Life would be boring and meaningless if it weren't for death. Because death drives us to act.
Sep 1, 2019 7:29 AM

May 2019
Deadman Wonderland.

When I was eleven and twelve I was a victim of bullying.
Nothing physical - I somethimes wished it though because I think I could have at least fought back that way - but it really messed me up psychologically.

I never had friends, so I was really exicited to transfer to a new school only to find out that among my classmates were the people woh would make my life a living hell.
A kid told me "I hate you", on the first day, completely sincere, without even knowing me. It got only worse from that. Teachers and parents were powerless.
They saw it only as harmless teasing. To the other kids it was probably a joke.
My parents still joke to this day about how in their opinion the kid who bullied me the most persumably had a crush on me. Because I suppose bullying another person needed to be thought of as romantic. Sure.

I still do not know why they targeted me, maybe because I was different.
They insulted me, spread rumors about me, they mocked and ridiculed me, and acted as if it was normal or even as if they were my friends when others were around. When I said that I was not their friend, refused to hug them in public or fought back, I was labeled asocial and mean.

I became shy, hid behind caps and hoodies, wanting to become invisible. I reacted to others sharply and attacked them verbally, just so I could protect myself from whatever they wanted to do to hurt me. I lost all of the little selfconfidence I had, got scared of large groups of people and was constantly paranoid when people were nice to me. I assumed everyone was just acting and that nobody really liked me.
I cried nearly everyday. Because it hurt so much.

A classmate from elementary school that I still had contact with was watching Tokyo Ghoul at the time and suggested me to start watching Anime too. I dunno how I got to watch Deadman Wonderland but I was in love with it after one episode. My parents are against Anime so I have to watch it in secret.
I spend hours and hours just watching and crying.

I really got attached to and identified with the main character Igarashi Ganta because I also was in a situation I could not escape, doubted myself, felt helpless and weak and cried a lot. And I hated myself (and him) for that feeling of doubt, helplessness and weakness and the crying. He WAS me, in a sense.
It did not solve my problem but just watching and crying helped to ease the pain I was feeling.

After the Anime I binge-read the manga and watched other series. Anime became some sort of source of inner freedom and peace to me, a place where I could be careless. On a shitty day, watching a couple of episodes would cheer me up. A good day would be even better if I watched Anime.

Most of the bullies left the school. When I meet them accidentally now, they act surpised and taken aback beause I do not want to speak with them or hug them or be in the same room as them and ask others why I am actively evading them.
I still have no real friends in my class but they let me live, and I make an effort to let them live as well.
I am a changed person and will probably suffer from this experience for a couple years. I am still thin skinned as hell and start to cry easily but it go so much better. I do my best to become more social, get out of my shell again and meet people though I have a hard time actually befriending anyone because I am still keeping my distance.
But I know I can and I will someday. Ganta has left Deadman Wonderland and made friends, so I can too.

Thank you for this topic, it's not easy for me to talk / write about this phase of my life but I think it gets a little bit better with each time.
And sorry, this post got kind of depressing and long owo I apologize but I could not stop crying while writing. Gomen.
Here's a cute image of ma gurl Nezuko to end this post on a high note!

Have a nice day c:
"Once I’ve become stronger, I won’t have to be this miserable."
"If you can’t see what’s important, then it’s because you’re too ashamed to open your eyes."

– Ganta Igarashi

Feel free to add me c:
Sep 1, 2019 7:34 AM
Aug 2019
i know some people dont like Naruto..but it was my first anime and it tought me lessons..like to never give up and stuff
Sep 2, 2019 1:54 AM

Feb 2019
IwibeYodema said:
Deadman Wonderland.

When I was eleven and twelve I was a victim of bullying.
Nothing physical - I somethimes wished it though because I think I could have at least fought back that way - but it really messed me up psychologically.

I never had friends, so I was really exicited to transfer to a new school only to find out that among my classmates were the people woh would make my life a living hell.
A kid told me "I hate you", on the first day, completely sincere, without even knowing me. It got only worse from that. Teachers and parents were powerless.
They saw it only as harmless teasing. To the other kids it was probably a joke.
My parents still joke to this day about how in their opinion the kid who bullied me the most persumably had a crush on me. Because I suppose bullying another person needed to be thought of as romantic. Sure.

I still do not know why they targeted me, maybe because I was different.
They insulted me, spread rumors about me, they mocked and ridiculed me, and acted as if it was normal or even as if they were my friends when others were around. When I said that I was not their friend, refused to hug them in public or fought back, I was labeled asocial and mean.

I became shy, hid behind caps and hoodies, wanting to become invisible. I reacted to others sharply and attacked them verbally, just so I could protect myself from whatever they wanted to do to hurt me. I lost all of the little selfconfidence I had, got scared of large groups of people and was constantly paranoid when people were nice to me. I assumed everyone was just acting and that nobody really liked me.
I cried nearly everyday. Because it hurt so much.

A classmate from elementary school that I still had contact with was watching Tokyo Ghoul at the time and suggested me to start watching Anime too. I dunno how I got to watch Deadman Wonderland but I was in love with it after one episode. My parents are against Anime so I have to watch it in secret.
I spend hours and hours just watching and crying.

I really got attached to and identified with the main character Igarashi Ganta because I also was in a situation I could not escape, doubted myself, felt helpless and weak and cried a lot. And I hated myself (and him) for that feeling of doubt, helplessness and weakness and the crying. He WAS me, in a sense.
It did not solve my problem but just watching and crying helped to ease the pain I was feeling.

After the Anime I binge-read the manga and watched other series. Anime became some sort of source of inner freedom and peace to me, a place where I could be careless. On a shitty day, watching a couple of episodes would cheer me up. A good day would be even better if I watched Anime.

Most of the bullies left the school. When I meet them accidentally now, they act surpised and taken aback beause I do not want to speak with them or hug them or be in the same room as them and ask others why I am actively evading them.
I still have no real friends in my class but they let me live, and I make an effort to let them live as well.
I am a changed person and will probably suffer from this experience for a couple years. I am still thin skinned as hell and start to cry easily but it go so much better. I do my best to become more social, get out of my shell again and meet people though I have a hard time actually befriending anyone because I am still keeping my distance.
But I know I can and I will someday. Ganta has left Deadman Wonderland and made friends, so I can too.

Thank you for this topic, it's not easy for me to talk / write about this phase of my life but I think it gets a little bit better with each time.
And sorry, this post got kind of depressing and long owo I apologize but I could not stop crying while writing. Gomen.
Here's a cute image of ma gurl Nezuko to end this post on a high note!

Have a nice day c:

Man, I just want to say thank you so much for sharing your story with me, I really enjoyed reading it and was moved. It's very nice to see an artform positively impacting someone's life. You're going to go on to do big things.
Sep 2, 2019 1:54 AM

Feb 2019
BoredAlkylInk said:
i know some people dont like Naruto..but it was my first anime and it tought me lessons..like to never give up and stuff

nothing wrong with that, Naruto was a lot of our favourite anime, especially kids that grew up with AS
Sep 2, 2019 1:55 AM

Feb 2019
Raideroz said:
Superns18 said:

I'm saying what m saying. Life would be boring and meaningless if it weren't for death. Because death drives us to act.

still lost, so I'm gonna assume you meant what I said above, good way to live, keep it up
Sep 2, 2019 1:56 AM

Feb 2019
Korrvo said:
Superns18 said:

Fate/zero takes place 10 years before the events of UBW

Apoc is in another universe altogether and I don't even think it's canon, as is prisma illya and the two anime being adapted from the FGO game: camelot and babylonia.

There is also heaven's feel, a string of movies currently coming out which adapts one of the three routes from the original fate stay/night visual novel, with UBW being another one.

It's a bit convoluted, but fate/zero to UBW is a story all in of itself and very worth watching without considering the fate universe as a whole.

ahhh ok, so some of them are adaptations of alternate routes of the VN, that makes it a lot more easier to understand
Sep 2, 2019 1:56 AM

Feb 2019
Nxt_Arsenic said:
Superns18 said:

Haha..😑😑😑 No I watch it only once a day...Busy watching 'currently airings' + gintama+ Kings Avatar Tv Series+ most important I also have my chemistry xam tomorrow...

good luck on your exam, how did it go man
Sep 2, 2019 2:14 AM
Demon Venerable

Apr 2018
Superns18 said:
Raideroz said:

still lost, so I'm gonna assume you meant what I said above, good way to live, keep it up

At this point I can assume that u r just close-minded. Not my problem though. Goodbye.
Sep 2, 2019 2:29 AM

May 2019
Superns18 said:
Man, I just want to say thank you so much for sharing your story with me, I really enjoyed reading it and was moved. It's very nice to see an artform positively impacting someone's life. You're going to go on to do big things.

Thank you for your kind answer!
I will do my best c:
"Once I’ve become stronger, I won’t have to be this miserable."
"If you can’t see what’s important, then it’s because you’re too ashamed to open your eyes."

– Ganta Igarashi

Feel free to add me c:
Sep 2, 2019 2:30 AM

Feb 2019
Raideroz said:
Superns18 said:

At this point I can assume that u r just close-minded. Not my problem though. Goodbye.

bye fam, bless up (character count)
Sep 3, 2019 12:55 AM
Jun 2019
Superns18 said:

Terrible!!! But I might get passing score .....

Sep 3, 2019 2:11 AM

Feb 2019
Nxt_Arsenic said:
Superns18 said:

Terrible!!! But I might get passing score .....

I feel you man, I'm rooting for you tho, you got this
Sep 7, 2019 7:43 PM

Jun 2015
HxH

the netero training arc, short as it is, is inspiring as hell.
Sep 7, 2019 7:51 PM
Jun 2016
Death parade, this anime It made me reflect on what my life was like and what would become of my after-death.
Sep 7, 2019 9:07 PM

Oct 2017
I think anime in general has changed my life, but not necessarily one show.

One Punch Man and Haikyuu both motivated me to exercise and go out more.

Your name got me super into japanese music.

FMA:B showed me how great anime could be and got me to watch more.
Hey there! If you'd like to talk about anime or anything else feel free to drop a comment on my page or DM me. I'd be glad to have a conversation and make some new friends :)
My list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Amazinc?status=7&order=4&order2=0

Sep 7, 2019 10:45 PM

May 2013
Clannad AS made me want to become a better person

Sep 8, 2019 6:03 AM
Jul 2018
Slayers, because it solidified me as a fan of anime in the 90s.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

125 by FFandMMfan »»
1 minute ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

205 by TheMinkalex »»
2 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Apr 23

26 by BatoKusanagi »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

33 by Maou_heika »»
9 minutes ago

» What's the worst anime year? ( 1 2 3 )

Hira1 - Nov 26, 2020

112 by Serafos »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.