Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 10, 2019 12:42 PM

Jun 2019
Don't read this if you haven't read the last chapter of the manga.

What a wonderful ride this was (and it still is). It was so deep and emotional but do you guys feel like it was all better before all Eldian and Marley stuff? This is gonna sound ironic since I'm sounding like the Reiss family, but wasn't it much more fun and impactful before they and we learned all the stuff about the world? We were cheering for Mikasa, getting excited with every survey corps fight! Watching the 104th Training Corps fool around. Don't get me wrong this manga (also anime) is one of the best one I have ever read (and watched) but it feels like it lost something after the world reveal. It's still deep, philosophical and saying something meaningful about human history, about hatred, war and race conflicts and doing a fine job with it, but I'm not feeling the same excitement or emotional bound with it compared to when I was watching eren trying to save his friends or Mikasa fighting for her love. Hey, maybe I don't like change! Who knows. Just wanted to get this out of my chest.
Aug 10, 2019 8:46 PM
Jul 2018
I prefer the manga after the time skip. The shinganshina arc was fantastic for certain, but the levels of maturity and deepness the manga has managed to achieve ever since the time skip is phenomenal. Before the manga was basically just a story, I just viewed as an incredibly well written mystery.

But now the manga has a purpose. It tackles very real world problems and the destructiveness of racism and propaganda extremely well. In a way that is both incredibly fascinating to read and also in a way that serves the progression of the story's own plot.

Aside from that, Attack on Titan post basement is much better written than pre basement. It's complex surely, but everything post basement is just much better. Also it's much more enjoyable to read. Nowadays I can barely even wait for the new Attack on titan chapter to release.

In my opinion, the best plot points in the series came after the basement. Such as Eren Jaeger's Declaration of War, the Attack on Marley, the Rumbling. These are all much more thorough and well thought out plot points than simply "titans are the enemies of humanity". They have consequences to both sides of war and the cost is very real.

Also the best chapters in the series are definitely from post basement. Chapter 100, chapter 105, chapter 119, chapter 120. These are all the best written chapters in the series.
Aug 12, 2019 1:58 PM
Apr 2019
ABDoesThings said:
I prefer the manga after the time skip. The shinganshina arc was fantastic for certain, but the levels of maturity and deepness the manga has managed to achieve ever since the time skip is phenomenal. Before the manga was basically just a story, I just viewed as an incredibly well written mystery.

But now the manga has a purpose. It tackles very real world problems and the destructiveness of racism and propaganda extremely well. In a way that is both incredibly fascinating to read and also in a way that serves the progression of the story's own plot.

Aside from that, Attack on Titan post basement is much better written than pre basement. It's complex surely, but everything post basement is just much better. Also it's much more enjoyable to read. Nowadays I can barely even wait for the new Attack on titan chapter to release.

In my opinion, the best plot points in the series came after the basement. Such as Eren Jaeger's Declaration of War, the Attack on Marley, the Rumbling. These are all much more thorough and well thought out plot points than simply "titans are the enemies of humanity". They have consequences to both sides of war and the cost is very real.

Also the best chapters in the series are definitely from post basement. Chapter 100, chapter 105, chapter 119, chapter 120. These are all the best written chapters in the series.

I really admire isayama bravery. Since uprising, it was critized for change of focus and slow pace. But he still do it post basement. Its not that he dont care what the reader thinking either. I feel like he thinking that if he doing it great, the reader will change their mind.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ana - Aug 6, 2015

119 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 16, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

peskylemur25 - May 2, 2015

127 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 5, 8:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.