Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion

Aug 24, 8:42 PM
Poximano1 said:
It's the first time seeing such a beautiful animation
hmm .. look like you havent watch fate series huh..
they shared the same studios Ufotable is never get disappointing

Aug 24, 8:45 PM

x2kill4 said:
Poximano1 said:
It's the first time seeing such a beautiful animation
hmm .. look like you havent watch fate series huh..
they shared the same studios Ufotable is never get disappointing

Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Stay Night (the first TV series) were not by Ufotable and their animation quality have a huge difference from the Ufotable animated ones

Aug 24, 11:03 PM
Watched last 5 minutes of this episode more than 20 times..what a masterpiece.

Aug 25, 6:48 AM
My body crazy shivered when I saw the battle

Aug 25, 10:01 AM
Yare Yare Dawa

Holy! That was truly amazing. The feels towards the end, the music was perfect, everything was perfect. The whole atmosphere gave me goosebumps.

Aug 25, 6:36 PM

It was just an asspull but I don't care. It's touching and impressive visually.

Life has no meaning.

Aug 25, 9:33 PM

Everyone's already praised that final scene up and down so I won't go into too much depth there. But it was fantastic, and I loved that Nezuko learned to use Blood Arts at exactly the right moment to help give Tanjiro the push he needed to cut through. Wonderful moment to show the strength of their bond.

They also low-key showed there was something up with Tanjiro's family. He's got the exact same scar/birthmark as his dad! Could this be some magical destiny/reincarnation at work? The eldest son of the Kamado line passing down the earrings and technique of their forefathers to one day fulfill their destiny to defeat Muzan?

Also, I binged half the series in one sitting just so I could catch up to see what was up with this legendary episode 19. The overhype kind of tainted my experience because I knew something was coming, but it was still pretty damn great.

Aug 26, 3:43 PM
Just catching up with the series and my god.... This episode is the first anime episode in a long time to give me such chills. The fighting sequence was so beautifully done/animated and wow. Not much else I can add to what everyone else has said.

Aug 26, 10:06 PM
Oh my fucking god.

Aug 26, 10:29 PM
Tanjiro's memory of the kagura dance moved me. Beautiful episode. I kinda wish they put off Nezuko learning blood art for the next episode, but w/e lol it's dramatic enough. Hope Nezuko gets some more cool scenes.

Aug 27, 1:55 PM

ShanAsuna said:
Jfs_ said:
half of giyuu's clothes is sabito's.

Whoa... Don't spoil me but I think there's a big story behind that...

You are at episode 19, Sabito was in first arc. There is nothing more about it.

Aug 27, 7:10 PM

That art/animation/music everything in those final minutes where amazing. I had goosebumps and my eyes got teary trying to take all of that in. I wasn't expecting this from Demon Slayer having read part of the manga but damn Ufotable, this is probably the best moment in anime this year for me.

Aug 27, 7:52 PM

bastek66 said:
ShanAsuna said:

Whoa... Don't spoil me but I think there's a big story behind that...

You are at episode 19, Sabito was in first arc. There is nothing more about it.

Actually I spoiled myself by looking up the wiki and...

*spoiler alert*

THERE IS something to look forward to with regards to this bit of clue

Aug 28, 7:49 PM

One word: SASUGA

The whole episode looked fantastic. This animation, sequences, art... Pure beauty.

I was like "what the heck?!" when Tanjiro turned from water into fire. The effects were amazing.

Also, that was pretty much special. I hope it's gonna be explained how exactly Tanjiro got handed by his father that kind of powerful abilities. Is it related to his hair and the fact his family belongs to that fire-related fate or whatever it was called?

Nezuko is special as well. For another time a demon other than her noticed that her behaviour and/or aura is different. Plus she unlocked her special spell, lol. I wonder how she learned that.

Last thing... ha! I knew it! The kid demon was the real memeber of the Twelve Demons and the strongest enemy to encounter in this forest. I had a feeling like that looking at his behaviour. Besides it was as I thought it would be: his mark on an eyeball was kept hidden until he decided to reveal it.

So many questions and mysteries appeared. Can't wait to see what's gonna happen next.

Aug 28, 11:15 PM
drama queen

I'm mesmerized
I have no words, only tears
the song is so beautiful

female | 21 y | intp-t

Aug 29, 4:08 AM

a message to all shounen characters out there:

^ this ^

:P

Aug 31, 9:40 AM

Much better episode then some of the previous probably because those two idiots Inosuke and blondie were barely involved. The last fight was great and look at little Nezuko, she has found a new fighting technique and it is blood demon art too. I loved how the two siblings fought side by side. Rating went up again. It dropped to a paltry 6/10 because of those shouty idiots.

Please support KyoAni!

Aug 31, 9:46 AM
Going through commentaries... is there anything worthy besides well-crafted animation and "emotional" music? Like, something of actual artistic value, proper use of symbolism, well thought-out narrative, impressive directing? If I was to judge by the commentaries here, then this series is just another... Violet Evergarden? With fighting that makes no sense but looks cool. Am I correct in my assumptions, y'all?
Re:formed

Sep 1, 9:36 AM

well holy damn, that was beautiful. everything in those last five minutes from the animation to the music was amazing.

Sep 2, 7:09 PM
This is the awesome

Sep 2, 10:01 PM

This was a weird episode with a weak resolution.

For starters, good animation and direction. Script? is weird. We never got a hint of Tanjiro's father entire existence until now and he conveniently tells his son through a flashback how to get the way to kill the bad guy.

I'm not amused by this. In fact, it pains me that this episode script is sound, it foreshadows this moment, is thematically appropriate, and yet I feel the resolution is a complete utter cop-out.

Sorry I can't get the excitement.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 3, 7:41 PM
Daniel_Naumov said:
Going through commentaries... is there anything worthy besides well-crafted animation and "emotional" music? Like, something of actual artistic value, proper use of symbolism, well thought-out narrative, impressive directing? If I was to judge by the commentaries here, then this series is just another... Violet Evergarden? With fighting that makes no sense but looks cool. Am I correct in my assumptions, y'all?

No, the fighting makes perfect sense and fits in with the narraitve, but the narrative certainly isn't what makes this episode great. It was just a near-perfectly executed fight in terms of its pacing, beats, animation, music, etc.

Overall, the narrative of the show is good, but simple. It's not mindless action by any means, but it's not complex… yet.

The narrative seems to be revealed through the main character's eyes. You as the viewer learn about the wider world at the same time he does, and sometimes afterwards. It seems to be a rich world with a lot of depth, but the MC isn't particularly curious about it, so it takes time to be revealed. But the depth is there, and is beginning to reveal itself, especially with episode 22.

Of course the people who only like the fight scenes are complaining about it, but as someone who needs depth to a story, I appreciate it and feel relieved.
Modified by Courthead, Sep 3, 8:07 PM

Sep 3, 11:59 PM
Okay this is a tiny bit strange.
Courthead said:

the narrative certainly isn't what makes this episode great. It was just a near-perfectly executed fight in terms of its pacing, beats, animation, music, etc.

Courthead said:

Of course the people who only like the fight scenes are complaining about it, but as someone who needs depth to a story, I appreciate it and feel relieved.
Re:formed

Sep 4, 5:15 AM

Yo istg I teared up because it was too epic. Never felt like this since the golden animes back then. WOW. Voice actor is Taichi of digimon (childhood fan), music is by LiSA, and the studio is ufotable. GDI. Such an awesome episode. Pretty sure this is anime of the year. AOTY indeed.

Sep 6, 6:39 PM

let me just start off by saying... this episode was WONDERFUL!!!
WOW. i may have or may have not shed (i did) a little tear, not because i was sad, but because this episode was so badass. w0W. nezuko protected him, the song, the new ending, we got to see his dad, his fire abilities, nezuko unlocking her blood art, nobody interfered to help but nezuko and tanjiro, and then he sliced that mofo's head off... YES.
Blaze Of Failure™

Sep 7, 8:09 AM
Daniel_Naumov said:
Okay this is a tiny bit strange.
Courthead said:

the narrative certainly isn't what makes this episode great. It was just a near-perfectly executed fight in terms of its pacing, beats, animation, music, etc.

Courthead said:

It's possible to enjoy a very well-executed fight scene while also wanting a show to do more than just fight scenes.

Sep 7, 5:09 PM
Yup. I cried. This anime is close to perfection to me.

Sep 7, 5:24 PM

17 Pages.
Woah.
It's like this episode revolutionized Shonen standards
Story comes first, art comes second.

Sep 7, 10:54 PM

Sooo, this is definitely now one of my favorite anime.
Holy guacamole. I love it.

Sep 8, 12:29 AM

Finally got up to this episode where I heard a lot of people have been talking about and I understood what everyone meant now.
Best fucking episode all-time of anime for me.
ITS SO FUCKING AESTHEICALLY PLEASING GAHHHHHH

Sep 9, 6:58 AM

Elucid said:
17 Pages.
Woah.
It's like this episode revolutionized Shonen standards

Trust me, a good episode doesn't make any revolutions. Is just a good episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 11, 5:56 AM

Holy flipping fuck (Nezuko spoke) that was an amazing ending. Hard to think there are still 7 eps to go.
~

Sep 11, 7:30 AM

This episode was so beautiful it actually made me tear up. It was a perfect blend of emotions, sound, and animation.

Sep 11, 7:47 AM

I refused to watched this Anime for so long I wanted to binge it and now I did then I have reach this episode which was very famous and I got very curious and it does live up to its reputation.

Now everything make sense they got Attacked by the Michael Jackson guy was because of their dad as we can see in the previous episodes the Michael Jackson guy was terrified by the guy with paper earrings.

Sep 12, 9:17 AM

i know i'm late to the party here, but damn. what an incredible fight scene - definitely up there for best fight of the year. the flashback had me close to tears, and that soundtrack was just beautiful. what an amazing episode.

Sep 13, 11:18 AM

It was just this one scene with flashy animation and fans praise it wtf?

Sep 13, 5:12 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Ufotable was always top with Fate adaptations in terms of animation, but aside HF 2, I have never seen them excelling this much in perfectly executing a battle to such weights, this is not a movie, so it daunts on me this level of quality.

Proof almost any concept can win big, if there is the talent there to deliver it.
I m sure almost sure this scene wasnt that great in the manga, but here visuals and sound perfectly mix to deliver something you just cant see on a manga. Wow.
If Yuki Kagura is in charge of the OST, props, I always loved her stuff, but this work is really different from most of her sounds, so nice to see she can still branch out like this.
Perfect ending theme song there, perfection.

TugayYilmaz said:
WE HAVE JUST WITNESSED THE BEST EPISODE OF ANIME HISTORY

You must have been watching trash until now then.
One of the best, but godamm, this thread seems full of noobs that have never watched anything else in their life.
Understandable if you have only seen recent airings, this is indeed of the better executed endings of an episode, but saying the best is overreacting.

Kira_TheMarble said:
This is the best episode of the year!

Was actually forgetting SnK S3 Part II had come this year, so no, that one also had alot of great episodes, so not so quick on saying this is the best this year.
Modified by Playcool, Sep 13, 5:18 PM

Sep 13, 7:42 PM
Playcool said:
Ufotable was always top with Fate adaptations in terms of animation, but aside HF 2, I have never seen them excelling this much in perfectly executing a battle to such weights, this is not a movie, so it daunts on me this level of quality.

Proof almost any concept can win big, if there is the talent there to deliver it.
I m sure almost sure this scene wasnt that great in the manga, but here visuals and sound perfectly mix to deliver something you just cant see on a manga. Wow.
If Yuki Kagura is in charge of the OST, props, I always loved her stuff, but this work is really different from most of her sounds, so nice to see she can still branch out like this.
Perfect ending theme song there, perfection.

TugayYilmaz said:
WE HAVE JUST WITNESSED THE BEST EPISODE OF ANIME HISTORY

You must have been watching trash until now then.
One of the best, but godamm, this thread seems full of noobs that have never watched anything else in their life.
Understandable if you have only seen recent airings, this is indeed of the better executed endings of an episode, but saying the best is overreacting.

Kira_TheMarble said:

Was actually forgetting SnK S3 Part II had come this year, so no, that one also had alot of great episodes, so not so quick on saying this is the best this year.

All of the soundtracks in this episode are composed by Go Shiina! amazing composer. he has made 600 tracks of Kimetsu no Yaiba. Kaijura is mostly a marketing name considering she only made 5 tracks and the ending song.

Sep 14, 12:02 AM

Playcool said:

Kira_TheMarble said:

No you're wrong

This is the best episode of the year for him, not any episode of SnK

Don't tell others what they like more
Modified by -Aincrad-, Sep 14, 12:05 AM

Sep 14, 7:45 PM

This is the best I've seen this year, exciting and beautiful as hell!!!

Yesterday, 12:32 AM

SO THAT'S WHY....so that's why everyone keeps on talking about on how phenomenal this episode is...and they are absolutely damn correct right!
5/5!!!

WOW! 5740 votes - 96.80% is that the highest!?
Modified by matias067, Yesterday, 5:22 AM

Yesterday, 2:41 AM
ngl, tanjiro gaining his fire sword and flashback to a father we never seen was weird since it feels like an asspull. i dont like that in terms of story/writing.

BUT

gooooddd fucking lord holy mother of balls, the ost and animation was so fucking good, it didnt even matter. holy shit what an ending holy shit the end was amazing

9 hours ago

The episode was amazing!
But aren't you guys forgetting that we had Mob Psycho II? For me, it's still the best animation of the year.

Pages (17) « First ... « 15 16 [17]