Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion

Aug 14, 7:19 AM

phenomenal adaptation of this part, and it's only gonna get better from here. still shocked people are rating this series so high just because of one episode, considering the average start, minimal character progression, lack of explanation on as to what the hell breaths are, and poor usage of backstory. ofc this is all the fault of the source material, so nonetheless hats off the ufotable's team.

Aug 14, 7:53 AM
euujin said:
phenomenal adaptation of this part, and it's only gonna get better from here. still shocked people are rating this series so high just because of one episode, considering the average start, minimal character progression, lack of explanation on as to what the hell breaths are, and poor usage of backstory. ofc this is all the fault of the source material, so nonetheless hats off the ufotable's team.
the anime started with a high score it not just this episode.he was already 8.5x before this episode

Aug 14, 8:03 AM

Samoan said:
euujin said:
the anime started with a high score it not just this episode.he was already 8.5x before this episode

true, but my point still stands for the episodes preceding it and the content in the manga. i guess its the visuals that really carry the show, as the content so far is the low point of the series.

Aug 14, 8:47 AM

euujin said:

I can only speak for myself, but I didnt think the series had a bad start. I enjoyed it right from the getgo.
Then again, Im a fool for the feudal japan time period, and I love Bushido, Samurai, japanese folklore and mythology. So yeah, I probably had more reasons to be investetd.

Aug 14, 8:51 AM

euujin said:
yeah the rating might be too high right now, but if they adapt demon train arc as the final of this series then I can see the score can easily reach 8.70 or even 8.80+.

Aug 14, 9:51 AM
This is one of the most wonderful things I have ever seen in my life!!

God... God.. GOD, that beautiful animation alongside the magnificent OST is out of this world!!!

Absolutely loving it!

Aug 14, 10:06 AM
cockblockpolice said:
I LOST MY WORDS LOOKING AT THIS MASTERPIECE OF ANIME! EVERYTHING WAS A PERFECTION! I CRIED AND REWATCH THIS EPISODE LIKE EVERYDAY!

well im not exaggerating, but this is the truth and i know y'all just witnessed it
in terms of animation, ost and story was so damn PERFECT!
BEST EPISODE AND ANIME OF THE YEAR HANDS DOWN NO DOUBT

who said AOT as aoty candidate? that was best joke of the year lmao. this anime should be praised more than aot and deserve a score above 9

If you didn't like AOT, then it's fine, it's not a story that you are forced to like but what you are saying about it being overrated or that the show is a joke is VERY exaggerated!

AOT was never meant to be only a shounen action oriented story, it's more about mystery, so you will never enjoy a scene if you don't watch it all fully, without skipping anything, because it has too much foreshadowing and hints and many strange mysterious scenes, that you wouldn't understand at first.

I read the manga, and I can easily say, it's one of the best fictional stories I have ever read, it's really one of the most well written and thoughtful mangas of all time. It's not joke if people think it's one of the best ever, I don't know if you care about writing, but the writing in this story is BRILLIANT!

You can't put down the effort put in this story/show to praise another show, there's a difference between don't liking a show and hating on it for no reason.

I love KNY, and this episode was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen, but it doesn't make it better than AOT at all, because story wise AOT is on another whole level from plot to characters depth to dialogues and it gets more and more complicated later on, it's not typical and predicable and you end up understanding each side, you can't say for sure who's the bad ones, if there's any.
So, a story like this really takes a lot of writing skills.. let animation aside, music aside, only writing... AOT wins hands down.

As a person who watches anime a lot, it's rare to watch such shows with unique stories like AOT, just like it's rare to watch something like KNY's last episode with its heavenly animation.

I wish that KNY will show more of the plot in S2, I might read the manga after this season ends.

So, it's fine that many would say that AOT S3 part 2 is AOTY, I also think so, and I think if it didn't win then should be Mob Pyscho 100 2 or Vinland Saga and the fourth choice is KNY.

If you just keep thinking people are insane and that we're overreacting then don't be mad at people who think that KNY is bad and overrated and trust me they will increase after the series ends, it always happens.

Aug 14, 10:15 AM
I'm waiting for season 2 and 3. Because 26 episodes are like a prologue. The real battle is in season 3 if there is one.

Aug 14, 11:40 AM

Nezukoisangel said:
cockblockpolice said:
I LOST MY WORDS LOOKING AT THIS MASTERPIECE OF ANIME! EVERYTHING WAS A PERFECTION! I CRIED AND REWATCH THIS EPISODE LIKE EVERYDAY!

well im not exaggerating, but this is the truth and i know y'all just witnessed it
in terms of animation, ost and story was so damn PERFECT!
BEST EPISODE AND ANIME OF THE YEAR HANDS DOWN NO DOUBT

who said AOT as aoty candidate? that was best joke of the year lmao. this anime should be praised more than aot and deserve a score above 9

If you didn't like AOT, then it's fine, it's not a story that you are forced to like but what you are saying about it being overrated or that the show is a joke is VERY exaggerated!

AOT was never meant to be only a shounen action oriented story, it's more about mystery, so you will never enjoy a scene if you don't watch it all fully, without skipping anything, because it has too much foreshadowing and hints and many strange mysterious scenes, that you wouldn't understand at first.

I read the manga, and I can easily say, it's one of the best fictional stories I have ever read, it's really one of the most well written and thoughtful mangas of all time. It's not joke if people think it's one of the best ever, I don't know if you care about writing, but the writing in this story is BRILLIANT!

You can't put down the effort put in this story/show to praise another show, there's a difference between don't liking a show and hating on it for no reason.

I love KNY, and this episode was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen, but it doesn't make it better than AOT at all, because story wise AOT is on another whole level from plot to characters depth to dialogues and it gets more and more complicated later on, it's not typical and predicable and you end up understanding each side, you can't say for sure who's the bad ones, if there's any.
So, a story like this really takes a lot of writing skills.. let animation aside, music aside, only writing... AOT wins hands down.

As a person who watches anime a lot, it's rare to watch such shows with unique stories like AOT, just like it's rare to watch something like KNY's last episode with its heavenly animation.

I wish that KNY will show more of the plot in S2, I might read the manga after this season ends.

So, it's fine that many would say that AOT S3 part 2 is AOTY, I also think so, and I think if it didn't win then should be Mob Pyscho 100 2 or Vinland Saga and the fourth choice is KNY.

If you just keep thinking people are insane and that we're overreacting then don't be mad at people who think that KNY is bad and overrated and trust me they will increase after the series ends, it always happens.

Watched Mob Psycho I and II, followed AOT until the ridiculous stall for S3 (actually I lost some interest since season 2), and just for the sake of understanding the pov of people raising all these alternatives to best anime of 2019, I watched Vinland Saga up to its latest episode...

And personally, I think only Mob Psycho 2 has anything on Kimetsu no Yaiba. Not only that, if I had to pick one between the two, I think I would pick KNY because it's the better performer overall. In my opinion, the synergy between the animation, the soundtrack, the direction and deliberate pacing is just better.
Modified by ShanAsuna, Aug 14, 12:32 PM

Aug 14, 1:29 PM

This episode really just elevated this anime to greatness. Wow.

Aug 14, 2:03 PM
🀩🀩🀩🀩

Aug 14, 2:09 PM

WOW JUST WOW, 10/10 EPISODE . THAT ANIMATION WAS STELLAR. and to know that im not even that big of a Kimetsu fan. I might have to change my opinion on it now

Aug 14, 2:16 PM
三葉

Some of you keep on saying Tanjiro and Nezuko pulled an asspull (as much as it isnt as the show had foreshadowed Tanjiro having something to do with it the moment he was making his sword and how he has a special background when Muzan remembered his earrings) why can't ya'll blame Rui for doing it first? he pulled that demon technique at the last moment, Tanjiro and Nezuko just did what he did.

You guys have to remember that an author especially in shonen ones has to keep the foreshadows at a minimal and make it as much less sense as they can so the readers/watchers doesnt catch up on what it is, and in turn gets a "WTF JUST HAPPENED" moment. They're not obliged to feed you all the info from the start, they can do it slowly as the story progress.

2ego said:
It pretty much does make it nonsensical considering the "father dance" occured only at the very end. However, moments before it was stated: "Theory that people look for a solution to survive right before death - causing them to experience their life before their eyes," which is a nice touch. Nonetheless, the powerup shouldn't make him like 10 times stronger, it's just...abrupt. I won't continue debating with you by the way, since debunking hardcore fanboys is just tiresome and borderline impossible with their narrow mindsets when it comes to listening to what other people say.

I see your point but the show has somewhat provided us with minimal foreshadowing, a foreshadow doesnt have to be full blown or focused on and as much as possible the author doesnt make it as obvious as it should be otherwise we'd be expecting it and in turn not get us as hyped and surprised by the development when it gets revealed.
I'd say the author did just fine with her foreshadows and the big reveal. Also I kinda don't want to spoil you as some manga readers just spoiled me about how Tanjiro could literally just cut a more powered up ver of Rui's threads by remembering the Fire God dance technique but its basically

Aug 14, 2:18 PM
-Stray said:
Some of you keep on saying Tanjiro and Nezuko pulled an asspull (as much as it isnt as the show had foreshadowed Tanjiro having something to do with it the moment he was making his sword and how he has a special background when Muzan remembered his earrings) why can't ya'll blame Rui for doing it first? he pulled that demon technique at the last moment, Tanjiro and Nezuko just did what he did.

You guys have to remember that an author especially in shonen ones has to keep the foreshadows at a minimal and make it as much less sense as they can so the readers/watchers doesnt catch up on what it is, and in turn gets a "WTF JUST HAPPENED" moment. They're not obliged to feed you all the info from the start, they can do it slowly as the story progress.

2ego said:
It pretty much does make it nonsensical considering the "father dance" occured only at the very end. However, moments before it was stated: "Theory that people look for a solution to survive right before death - causing them to experience their life before their eyes," which is a nice touch. Nonetheless, the powerup shouldn't make him like 10 times stronger, it's just...abrupt. I won't continue debating with you by the way, since debunking hardcore fanboys is just tiresome and borderline impossible with their narrow mindsets when it comes to listening to what other people say.

I see your point but the show has somewhat provided us with minimal foreshadowing, a foreshadow doesnt have to be full blown or focused on and as much as possible the author doesnt make it as obvious as it should be otherwise we'd be expecting it and in turn not get us as hyped and surprised by the development when it gets revealed.
I'd say the author did just fine with her foreshadows and the big reveal. Also I kinda don't want to spoil you as some manga readers just spoiled me about how Tanjiro could literally just cut a more powered up ver of Rui's threads by remembering the Fire God dance technique but its basically
DON'T spoil the manga, spoiler button or not, we haven't gotten there yet and the explanation should be only within the anime's contents.

Aug 14, 2:20 PM
三葉

2ego said:
-Stray said:

DON'T spoil the manga, spoiler button or not, we haven't gotten there yet.

HAHAHA yeah I guess its pretty hard to not click the spoiler button even tho you wouldnt wanna get spoiled. Just that if you were curious its gonna get an explanation sooner or later, or you can just GIVE IN AND CLICK THE SPOILER 😈😈😈

Aug 14, 2:21 PM
-Stray said:
2ego said:
DON'T spoil the manga, spoiler button or not, we haven't gotten there yet.

HAHAHA yeah I guess its pretty hard to not click the spoiler button even tho you wouldnt wanna get spoiled. Just that if you were curious its gonna get an explanation sooner or later, or you can just GIVE IN AND CLICK THE SPOILER 😈😈😈
That's the problem with manga readers, THIS IS THE ANIME, not the manga, if we wanted, we WOULD read the manga. And no, I won't click, as I am judging the ANIME not the MANGA.

Aug 14, 2:26 PM
三葉

2ego said:
-Stray said:

That's the problem with manga readers, THIS IS THE ANIME, not the manga, if we wanted, we WOULD read the manga. And no, I won't click, as I am judging the ANIME not the MANGA.

Calm down, you're way too heated up, I put a spoiler tag in it so its your mistake if you click it or not, its an alternative as you seem to be so surprised and confused about how Tanjiro got 10x more powerful when that wasnt really the case. If you dont want people calling you out on it then do yourself a favor and not go crazy over things that will get explained in the future. You basically had a problem with stuffs that will obviously get explained while the story progresses so if you wanna comment about the ep then comment on what happened, not on what HASNT happened yet.
Also no I am not a manga reader, I just got spoiled because I was curious on how he was able to cut it despite having a problem with it earlier. Thats about all I got spoiled on.

Aug 14, 2:34 PM
-Stray said:
2ego said:

Calm down, you're way too heated up, I put a spoiler tag in it so its your mistake if you click it or not, its an alternative as you seem to be so surprised and confused about how Tanjiro got 10x more powerful when that wasnt really the case. If you dont want people calling you out on it then do yourself a favor and not go crazy over things that will get explained in the future. You basically had a problem with stuffs that will obviously get explained while the story progresses so if you wanna comment about the ep then comment on what happened, not on what HASNT happened yet.
Also no I am not a manga reader, I just got spoiled because I was curious on how he was able to cut it despite having a problem with it earlier. Thats about all I got spoiled on.
Oh, you got spoiled, ouch. Well, right now it's nothing more than an ass-pull, I'll pray it's going to get explained later.

Aug 14, 2:41 PM

2ego said:
-Stray said:

Oh, you got spoiled, ouch. Well, right now it's nothing more than an ass-pull, I'll pray it's going to get explained later.

How is it an ass-pull when we already had lots of clues that Tanjiro might learn a fire technique ever since episode 5? Do you also think Ichigo becoming a hollow or Luffy going g2 also asspulls?

Aug 14, 2:44 PM

Kiruto9 said:
🀩🀩🀩🀩

Wait, how could you post that?

Doesn't that count as only 4 characters?

Or do emoji not count in the 30 characters rule?

Aug 14, 3:06 PM
Theorder14 said:
2ego said:

How is it an ass-pull when we already had lots of clues that Tanjiro might learn a fire technique ever since episode 5? Do you also think Ichigo becoming a hollow or Luffy going g2 also asspulls?
I'm not going to try to convince you into believing what I believe happened, since your experience was really really good with it, therefore your joy and trust in this show is adamant. You can take Nux Taku's video though, people often link it as an "explanation," while he didn't even try to refute people's accusations, the entire video was of him justifying that moment as "simple shounen at it's finest." That part was an ass-pull, and I won't get in depth since you either way won't listen to reason. I didn't watch Bleach yet, but the One Piece one: no, it wasn't an ass-pull at all. Luffy learned how to use it by getting beaten up by CP-0 members, after having some time to study their technique. Don't compare this to One Piece by the way, it makes it unfair for Kimetsu no Yaiba as much as I love this show.

Aug 14, 3:17 PM

2ego said:
Theorder14 said:

I'm not going to try to convince you into believing what I believe happened, since your experience was really really good with it, therefore your joy and trust in this show is adamant. You can take Nux Taku's video though, people often link it as an "explanation," while he didn't even try to refute people's accusations, the entire video was of him justifying that moment as "simple shounen at it's finest." That part was an ass-pull, and I won't get in depth since you either way won't listen to reason. I didn't watch Bleach yet, but the One Piece one: no, it wasn't an ass-pull at all. Luffy learned how to use it by getting beaten up by CP-0 members, after having some time to study their technique. Don't compare this to One Piece by the way, it makes it unfair for Kimetsu no Yaiba as much as I love this show.

In your opinion. What is the definiton of an asspull?
Is it still an asspull if it has been foreshadowed several times.
In Luffy's case, he didn't have any similar ideas before it where he could make a logical transition into it and there were no foreshadowing.KnY at the very least had several foreshadowing.

"I'm not going to try to convince you into believing what I believe happened, since your experience was really really good with it, therefore your joy and trust in this show is adamant. "

I think that the main difference between you and me is that i actually pay attention to the small stuff in the show. For example, you had no idea Tanjiro never used the tenth form on the spider father and complained about that and you most likely didn't catch on the foreshadowing to the fire dance too.

Aug 14, 3:23 PM
Theorder14 said:
2ego said:

In Luffy's case, he didn't have any similar ideas before it where he could make a logical transition into it and there were no foreshadowing.KnY at the very least had several foreshadowing.

"I'm not going to try to convince you into believing what I believe happened, since your experience was really really good with it, therefore your joy and trust in this show is adamant. "

I think that the main difference between you and me is that i actually pay attention to the small stuff in the show. For example, you had no idea Tanjiro never used the tenth form on the spider father and complained about that and you most likely didn't catch on the foreshadowing to the fire dance too.
I pay attention to everything, don't act insolent. An ass-pull is something like this: a character gets beaten up and clearly cannot win against their opponent, yet somehow randomly develops some weird technique out of nowhere and beats the opponent. Foreshadowing alone doesn't make it "not an ass-pull," since logic has to be included, their world's logic of course. Of course he didn't have any ideas, he got beaten up literally instantly by them, he stood no chance, how do you expect him to develop gears mid-battle? After he was beaten up though, quite some time passed until he fought against them again, and that's when he developed some of the gears. Seriously, don't compare this to One Piece, One Piece is one of the best shows out there.

Aug 14, 3:25 PM

yoooo so this is where all of ufotable's tax fraud money went!! but seriously, this was an awesome episode! gorgeous animation, lots of emotion, loved it

Aug 14, 3:33 PM

2ego said:
Theorder14 said:

I pay attention to everything, don't act insolent. An ass-pull is something like this: a character gets beaten up and clearly cannot win against their opponent, yet somehow randomly develops some weird technique out of nowhere and beats the opponent. Foreshadowing alone doesn't make it "not an ass-pull," since logic has to be included, their world's logic of course. Of course he didn't have any ideas, he got beaten up literally instantly by them, he stood no chance, how do you expect him to develop gears mid-battle? After he was beaten up though, quite some time passed until he fought against them again, and that's when he developed some of the gears. Seriously, don't compare this to One Piece, One Piece is one of the best shows out there.

I'm only comparing the scenes of the show to get an idea what you consider an asspull.
In Tanjiro's case, His father already passed on the breathing technique and Tanjiro only rememebered when his life was in danger.
don't know if u watch hxh but it's the same case there when Welfin had to push his brain to the limit to survive.

"I pay attention to everything, don't act insolent."

Not to be mean but you have already proven that you didn't though or you just didn't remember.

Aug 14, 3:51 PM
Theorder14 said:
2ego said:

I'm only comparing the scenes of the show to get an idea what you consider an asspull.
In Tanjiro's case, His father already passed on the breathing technique and Tanjiro only rememebered when his life was in danger.
don't know if u watch hxh but it's the same case there when Welfin had to push his brain to the limit to survive.

Not to be mean but you have already proven that you didn't though or you just didn't remember.

As I said, just because he remembered some technique right before death, doesn't imply that him getting many many times stronger makes sense. The Twelve are supposed to be really strong, and are, yet he surpassed one with a mere dancing move. It might get explained later, but as of right now, it's an ass-pull.

Aug 14, 4:47 PM
Theorder14 said:

Tanjiro's life has been in danger multiple times throughout the 19 episodes. Why didn't he remember this father's dance when he trained the water breathing technique for almost two years? Amnesia?

Why didn't he remember it when he went through the trial? Or when he was almost collapsing versus others demons?

Aug 14, 5:02 PM
nutsie said:
Theorder14 said:

Tanjiro's life has been in danger multiple times throughout the 19 episodes. Why didn't he remember this father's dance when he trained the water breathing technique for almost two years? Amnesia?

Why didn't he remember it when he went through the trial? Or when he was almost collapsing versus others demons?

Haven't you noticed how he kept his cool for all his previous battles and adapts to the opponent's moves? This is a member of the 12 kizuki that pushed him to his limit even after exhausting his 10th form. This is a fight where he truly thought he was going to die and triggered his flashback.

Aug 14, 5:04 PM

@Theorder14 Dude how is Welfin pushing his brain to the limit the same? He only had to remember a name, there's no asspull since he just used his brain to come up with an answer that would secure his life.You equate two very different situations only because the story of KnY is ass

@ThousandCuts Why can this memory only triggered in a flashback? How tf did it not come up while learning similar techniques for years. It's beyond stupid
Modified by Esquirtit, Aug 14, 5:10 PM

Aug 14, 5:16 PM

Esquirtit said:
@Theorder14 Dude how is Welfin pushing his brain to the limit the same? He only had to remember a name, there's no asspull since he just used his brain to come up with an answer that would secure his life.You equate two very different situations only because the story of KnY is ass

I never said it was an asspull did i? Welfin pushed his brain to the limit to survive just like Tanjiro did. They saw their life flashing before their eyes and had to come up with a way to survive. Shinobu even mention how they see such images before death is because they're searching for a way to avoid death.

Aug 14, 5:24 PM

@Theorder14 My bad asspull has been mentioned so much on these KnY threads I automatically assumed that. They are similar but Tanjirou came up with a whole different technique which doesn't make much sense overall. Welfin already was a crazy detective and connected some dots. He didn't come up with anything new, his answer was just exactly what the King needed.

I don't think in KnY it was an asspull just a really poor use of a flashback before death that's impossible to take serious when looking at the whole story. It's too illogical

Aug 14, 5:28 PM

Esquirtit said:
@ThousandCuts Why can this memory only triggered in a flashback? How tf did it not come up while learning similar techniques for years. It's beyond stupid

Because life flashing which happens in near death situations is way for o brain to remind/find a way out.

Aug 14, 5:31 PM

Esquirtit said:
They are similar but Tanjirou came up with a whole different technique which doesn't make much sense overall.

He always knew of the dance. He just didn't think he could apply it to combat until the moment his life flashed by.

Aug 14, 6:16 PM

2ego said:
As I said, just because he remembered some technique right before death, doesn't imply that him getting many many times stronger makes sense. The Twelve are supposed to be really strong, and are, yet he surpassed one with a mere dancing move. It might get explained later, but as of right now, it's an ass-pull.

An ass-pull is when the author suddenly introduces an new idea out of thin air, only to explain or progress the story in a certain way, which he otherwise coudnt, at least not without contradicting already established rules or facts.
They are a sign for bad writing and usually appear when an author wrote himself into a corner. They can be avoided with enough foresight. Readers hate ass-pulls, because they are cheap and lazy

None of that applies to this episode. There fact that the kid was one of the 12-Super Demons, the thoughness of his threads and his skin,, it was all established in this episode. Its not like it was a known fact that he coulnt be defeated, but here comes the ass-pull at the last moment. There is no laziness, you know?

It makes no difference if he lost to water breathing, or fire. Because there was no reason why he couldnt be killed.
At the end of the day its just the moment the author wanted to present the new abilities for dramatic reasons. And guess what, it was the perfect moment. People loosing their shit over this episode.
Modified by puppetmazter, Aug 15, 4:03 AM

Aug 14, 6:43 PM
ThousandCuts said:
Haven't you noticed how he kept his cool for all his previous battles and adapts to the opponent's moves? This is a member of the 12 kizuki that pushed him to his limit even after exhausting his 10th form. This is a fight where he truly thought he was going to die and triggered his flashback.

Are the breathing techniques like Kaio-ken? The higher the form, the stronger they are?

Remembering something that will make you survive is an interesting idea and I like it how they used with Zenitsu. He trained with his master many many times, he always remembered him, we learned how close their relationship was. He didn't learn a new technique, he just remembered never to give up, relax and breathe.

On the other hand, Tanjiro remembered something that we were never exposed to. Not only that, he learned in a flash a new technique when we were shown that learning techniques is extremely hard (took him two years to learn the water breathing technique, for example).

Just because something similar happened, does not mean it is as consistent. People like to hinge on it being called an asspull, because it's an easy way to ignore the discussion. Wasting time on semantics is easier, I guess.
Modified by nutsie, Aug 14, 6:56 PM

Aug 14, 7:04 PM
ShanAsuna said:
Nezukoisangel said:

Watched Mob Psycho I and II, followed AOT until the ridiculous stall for S3 (actually I lost some interest since season 2), and just for the sake of understanding the pov of people raising all these alternatives to best anime of 2019, I watched Vinland Saga up to its latest episode...

And personally, I think only Mob Psycho 2 has anything on Kimetsu no Yaiba. Not only that, if I had to pick one between the two, I think I would pick KNY because it's the better performer overall. In my opinion, the synergy between the animation, the soundtrack, the direction and deliberate pacing is just better.
yeah im agree only mob2 can compare to this, not even "another overrated titan". crunchyroll sure will make KnY as the AOTY

Aug 14, 7:06 PM

Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Of course Tanjirou wouldn't hand over Nezuko so easily. I mean, come on...after everything they've been through in this series so far. I see they adapted the part where the demon took Nezuko by force. Nice to see they kept the violence in tact.

Facing off against one of the Twelve Demon Moon is no joke. The enemy this episode is on a different level compared to regular demons. The Tanjirou family flashbacks were also really touching.
Have u watched Katsudou Shashin? It's called to be the first anime ever. It's 3-4 seconds long though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1bUwGkdBrU
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.

Aug 14, 7:08 PM

-Aincrad- said:
Kiruto9 said:
🀩🀩🀩🀩

Wait, how could you post that?

Doesn't that count as only 4 characters?

Or do emoji not count in the 30 characters rule?
He has the power of four emojis.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.

Aug 14, 7:40 PM
This went duuuuuuuuuumb

Aug 14, 8:38 PM

Foreshadowing isn't force-feeding. My god, if it was just stated upfront that Tanjiro learned another breathing style as a kid, it would have just ruined the big reveal, the emotional flashback, etc.

There were a bunch of hints for ep19:
1. Kibutsuji Muzan's reaction to Tanjiro's earrings. He has never met Tanjiro, this could only mean he fears or hates someone who wore the same earrings

2. The earlier episodes showing Zenitsu going through memories of his entire life as a near-death experience and his savior explaining the mechanism of the near-death experience, where humans go through all of one's memories to find anything that could avoid death.

3.The hope that the swordsmith had for Tanjiro to draw a red blade because of his crimson hair and eyes and he came from a family that works with fire.

Honestly, I found most of the criticisms of KNY ep19 "ass-pullesque" nitpicking. The only complaint about KNY which is slightly valid is its generic shounen plot. But what's wrong with generic shounen when it's done to this level of perfection?
Modified by ShanAsuna, Aug 14, 11:45 PM

Aug 14, 8:44 PM
Holy Crap, easily one of the best ep by far. The animations were spot on for real. Showing those flashbacks of Tanjirous past put a tear in my eye, seeing his dad past on the dance. Fighting one of the Twelve Kizuki Demons is no joke, insane power

Aug 14, 9:27 PM
nutsie said:
puppetmazter said:
I dont understand you. How is this nonsensical? We are only 19 episodes in and you dont have any point of reference as to how the rules are in this world.
We dont know about the Demon Arts, the Breathing methods, the 12 Super Demons, what the lower 5 are, what the deal with his father dance is, nothing.

So basically youre calling it nonsense, because it hasnt been set up long enough for you? None of his breathing techniques have been set up.

So dont tell me you had enough info to know what to expect, or what makes sense in this world. We dont know shit so far..

That's the point. We don't know anything.

If nothing is step up for the moment, why would I be excited when it happens? Imagine that there was no set up at all for Goku going SSJ vs Freeza. The saiyans being a race that get stronger after each close fight. The power struggle between the saiyans and Freeza. Vegeta blindly believing in the legend and trying and failing to achieve it. Goku coming to grasps with his duty. The transformation between the calm and collected Goku to a rageful and arrogant one.

What was set up for Tanjiro doing what he did in episode 19? I don't even care about foreshadowing, as Toriyama was notorious for writing Dragonball as he went along, but he knew how to prepare the most iconic moment in the franchise.

Alex_Amor said:
In defense of this episode and to answer to all the people who are claiming this episode to be bs in terms of story writing or say that its cliche and all, I would say there was plenty of foreshadowing for his power up scene.

Here are all the foreshadowing i noticed for this uptill now:-

1) Tanjirou was expected to have crimson sword cause he was son of fire or something
2) When Kibutsuji asked his goons to track tanjirou, he said something along the lines of 'find the guy with hanada(idr the spelling) earrings
3)Even in the opening lyrics there is a line in eng translation that 'I will let the crimson lotus grow'

and now maybe they should have done a bit more foreshadowing and even i felt that tanjirou's sword will surely change when they said some thing along the lines that 'people with black colored sword don't live long though the color can change over time too'

Also as i mentioned before the episode was great and all, I am loving the show too but I would say(to say the least) its going a bit too far to say that this anime is a masterpiece or the best anime ever.

The problem is that none of those things mean anything. What does it mean to be a son of fire? Or the crimson sword? What about the earings?

It means that you are too dumb to understand subtle hints and want to be told everything that's going to happen 10episodes before(predictable stories) and if not then it is badly written for you.

Aug 14, 9:30 PM
I am gonna repost what i posted in the other thread for this @nutsie guy and the others looking for justification.

I am surprised nobody bothered to write a proper explanation yet, I suppose i would have to be the one to take the pains to write it. *sigh*

Now i will explain everything about the the fight..

So, first Tanjiro was able to cut through the (regular/normal) strings with water breathing because as mentioned in the episode itself that the 10th form gets stronger with each rotation.(also why tanjiro couldn't stop later)

and now about all the foreshadowing of Hinokami:-
1) First off the main character Tanjiro has Red-ish Eye and Hair so you would expect his powers to be related to red/fire while he had water powers
2) Secondly it was mentioned that tanjiro was something like 'child of fire' so you would expect him to have powers related to fire as mentioned by others
3) Also Haganezuka mentioned that he expected tanjiro to have crimson blade and that the color of blades can change(also that the one's with black sword don't live long) so i expected the color of his sword to change anyway though not so soon
4) When Kibutsuji sent his goons to find tanjiro, he said, find the boy with 'hanada(idr the spelling) earrings', implying that he had some connection with those earrings
5) Also in case someone brings up nezuko's mother waking her up then we have already been shown that spirits can sometimes be seen to help or guide you.

Also I think it had a good enough enough set up for it, the entire arc was about familial bonds and it were the familial bonds which helped our main characters overcome their struggles Tanjrio had his father(he inherited the power from his family via earring and kagura), Nezuko had her Mother, Zenitsu had his master and Inosuke didn't have any familiar bonds before he met with tanjiro and co. and he was losing..

I would even say this is subtle foreshadowing at its finest. There was enough foreshadowing and the set up was perfect.

PS:- Other things i forgot to mention are:-

1) In the opening it says something along the lines that 'I will let the Crimson Lotus grow'
2) Another thing I found just now that in the ending tanjiro's father was wearing the same earrring while tanjiro wasn't implying that it was a family earring since the show began
Modified by Alex_Amor, Aug 14, 9:55 PM

Aug 14, 10:33 PM
Alex_Amor said:
It means that you are too dumb to understand subtle hints and want to be told everything that's going to happen 10episodes before(predictable stories) and if not then it is badly written for you.

I guess it's easier to insult me, than to answer my questions. The hints are so subtle that you have no idea of how the world of KnY works.

And I like that in a setting where the main character never dealt with demons before and demons were considered a myth, he ends up having a connection with the main demon. Everything is very convenient.

I mean, it's a shounen, I get it. Just don't try to sell to the world that it's a storytelling masterpiece.

Aug 14, 11:01 PM
nutsie said:
Alex_Amor said:

I guess it's easier to insult me, than to answer my questions. The hints are so subtle that you have no idea of how the world of KnY works.

And I like that in a setting where the main character never dealt with demons before and demons were considered a myth, he ends up having a connection with the main demon. Everything is very convenient.

I mean, it's a shounen, I get it. Just don't try to sell to the world that it's a storytelling masterpiece.

sorry i was kinda pissed atm and called you an idiot though i answered your questions in the post just next to it and even tagged you and i knew all that just cause i got immersed in the show when i watched it.

Also I never said its a storytelling masterpiece infact initially i even argued that if this anime wasn't done by ufotable or as well produced it may not even have been in my top5. I would just call the story decent(for a shonen) but overall experience as 'great'

I was only arguing against people who were claiming that this episode was 'complete asspull or bs'.

Anyways if you didn't read my last post i would highly recommend you to and there might be even more foreshadowings that i might have missed.

Aug 15, 12:27 AM

After one punch man first season, this is the most majestic thing I saw in animation, ufotable never disappoints me.

Aug 15, 3:49 AM
Animation and music were excellent since the first episode, just people didn't realized it until the last fight scene.
Modified by Hyrulia, Aug 17, 2:58 AM

Aug 15, 6:06 AM

Well, the 3D seems a litle toned down this time, good. Pretty exciting episode, I guess (I'm rather insensible after 30years), thanks to what looked like a better made episode than the recent ones.

4/5 It's nice to see every so often a very well made moment (like around the 10or11th ep for example)

Overall:
Well presented, with very bad 3D views or skeletons at times and pretty good direction at others. The comedic aspect pushes things a bit too far while the dramatization is too strong.

Xenocrisi said:
KnY is the definition of what a shônen should be.

What do you mean? If it's about the TV show, it's literally just like any other action-adventure for boys (if that's what shônen means here), just with better drawn backgrounds (when they're not alien CGI), some better animated action and more actual animation, and more great and atmosphere-making (but misplaced) musics.
Modified by Rei_III, Aug 15, 6:13 AM

Aug 15, 6:13 AM

Unlimited Budget Works.

Aug 15, 6:45 AM

Very good, very lit
Meth is the answer.

Pages (17) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 »