Forum Settings
Forums

Characters that everyone seems to hate but you love them anyway

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 14, 2019 8:44 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Only one I can actually I think of is Lyle from Gundam 00. Him being Neil’s twin would be the plot’s fault.

laviha said:
I like Suzaku from Code Geass, he's cute

For some reason, his haters are either lelouch fanboys/fangirls or people who hate/dislike Code Geass in general. He somewhat looks adorable with that green eyes and brown hair combo.

puneetsingh said:
Nobita Nobi. I don't like him because he has bad habits but I like him because he is a great character as without him Doraemon would've not been the same as it is.

I remembe watching Doraemon and I thought he was pathetic.
Aug 14, 2019 9:26 PM

Jul 2019
MeisterDM said:
Only one I can actually I think of is Lyle from Gundam 00. Him being Neil’s twin would be the plot’s fault.

laviha said:
I like Suzaku from Code Geass, he's cute

For some reason, his haters are either lelouch fanboys/fangirls or people who hate/dislike Code Geass in general. He somewhat looks adorable with that green eyes and brown hair combo.

puneetsingh said:
Nobita Nobi. I don't like him because he has bad habits but I like him because he is a great character as without him Doraemon would've not been the same as it is.

I remembe watching Doraemon and I thought he was pathetic.
It's the whole point. Lol, if he was good then this doraemon anime wouldn't be the same or even ever created.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Aug 14, 2019 9:28 PM

Aug 2019
Aqua from konosuba I think she is hilarious
Aug 14, 2019 9:43 PM
Dec 2018
I would say Obito Uchiha, I know there's many Obito Fans Out there but many people hate him because he Started 4th great shinobi war because of rin's death
Aug 15, 2019 5:55 AM

Dec 2017
MeisterDM said:
thevagus said:

Well, otae along with otsuu are mostly hated by gintama fans mainly because of their treatment of kondo.

I find that hypocritical since by their logic, Otae hitting people makes her the devil (even though most of the characters are subject to slap-stick), but Kondo stalking her is a-okay. I’m pretty sure her haters wouldn’t like getting stalked by anyone.

Gintama fans have a soft spot for kondo. The dude is probably the kindest anime character I have seen. It does annoy people when otae constantly treat him like shit. I don't hate otae tho, deep down she cares for him.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Aug 19, 2019 4:04 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Imaishi said:
IDK about everyone, but there is tons of very open hate towards FT's Lucy and I really like her, the most of all the show's characters. She's super fun to watch, she's both cute and hot, damn funny and is probably the most normal of the bunch personality-wise. IDK, I find it hard not to like her.

She’s hated because there’s a lot of brainelss fanboys/fangirls who think that any anime character who isn’t an invincible and emotionless badass, especially in an action anime, is worthless. God forbid anime characters show weaknesses. Lucy’s okay, if anything, I hate Juvia.
Aug 20, 2019 7:34 AM
Oct 2018
PorchmonkeyD said:
gaq_t said:
Idk if this has been said yet or not, but Griffith is an amazing character that I love.

Who the fuck doesn’t like Griffith? I’ll wait.

Thanks for waiting I guess;

Anywhere I go I see people saying Griffith sucks or fuck Griffith, those phrases are literally associated with his name now. Of course people are going to disagree because we base this shit off of personal experience. You'll find tons of people who love XYZ characters and tons who hate them.
Aug 20, 2019 11:09 AM

Apr 2017
Shinji Matou from the Fate series, he's such an unapologetic asshole and piece of shit and deserves everything bad that happens to him but I can't dislike him for that, it's such a treat to watch how low can he sink.
TaselAug 20, 2019 11:18 AM
cunnysseur
Aug 20, 2019 12:05 PM

Jul 2013
While writing this I realized I like tons of characters that lots of people hate, so I will divide this in groups to make it more organized (it has lots of potential spoilers too, click at your own risk):

Hated characters that I like and are meant to be hated

Hated characters that I like and are popular in their fandom, but have lots of detractors too

Hated characters that I like and are also intended for comic relief (more or less)

Hated characters that I like and don’t belong to neither of the above cathegories

IllyricusAug 29, 2019 9:29 AM
Aug 20, 2019 1:17 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Illyricus said:
While writing this I realized I like tons of characters that lots of people hate, so I will divide this in groups to make it more organized (it has lots of potential spoilers too, click at your own risk):

Hated characters that I like and are meant to be hated

Hated characters that are popular in their fandom, but have lots of detractors too

Hated characters that are also comic reliefs (more or less)

Hated characters that don’t belong to neither of the above cathegories

Nice to see someone else who likes Diavolo. I prefer him over Dio, Kars, and Kira. Kars was meh, Dio is a joke for a villain, and I don’t care for Kira. Shame that he’s underappreciated and considered to be the worst jojo villain.
Aug 21, 2019 2:46 PM

Jul 2014
Emilia from Re:Zero... and all because the MC prefers her over their waifu Rem.
Aug 27, 2019 6:43 PM
Jul 2018
Oberstein from Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Almost everyone in that show who knows him detest that guy. But he's quite amongst the favorites in LoGH fanbase.
Oct 9, 2019 2:39 AM

Oct 2019

I also like Ino (Naruto), Karin (Naruto), and Nami (One Piece) despite how many people seem to find them annoying.

All of the Higurashi girls made for great creeps in my opinion. Can't really hate on any of them.

People apparently hate Shinji (NGE)? I loved his ass. He was my favorite part of the show, no matter how flawed he was. That's what made him great.

Have you done your punches of gratitude today?
Oct 9, 2019 3:06 AM

Sep 2009
L_O_V_E_L_A_I_N said:
Chibiusa for sure. I'd heard bad things about her going into Sailor Moon R but I really like her so far.

This. Why people find her annoying tho I don't get it. I do find her rather cute. Usagi is worse than her in terms of being whiney and annoying. I would have Chibiusa as my little sister or daughter. She's adorable. Well this is just my unpopular opinion though.

Oct 9, 2019 3:39 AM
Jun 2019
Sakura from Naruto. I'm not a great fan of her but she does play her part in the anime. Without her the story would be different.
Oct 9, 2019 4:12 AM
Jul 2018
Misa Amane from Death Note, i think she is a quite essential character and she's a qt, but Misora Naomi is still number one.
Oct 9, 2019 4:21 AM
Apr 2019
edelgord said:
Misa Amane from Death Note, i think she is a quite essential character and she's a qt, but Misora Naomi is still number one.

In my opinion, Death Note's best episodes came right after Misa was introduced, her effect on the story was one of the best things in the show.
Oct 9, 2019 4:54 AM
Jul 2019
Zenitsu, from Demon Slayer. I can definitely understand why people hate him, but I like him. I think he's fun to have around, and he's cool when he's not conscious.
Nov 6, 2021 12:25 PM
Nov 2021
Literally shinji! I do not know why people have this bogus hatred towards him, but I feel like they are trying so hard to pressure a kid on being this strong immoral person. Give him some slack!!
Nov 6, 2021 12:25 PM
Nov 2021
Literally shinji! I do not know why people have this bogus hatred towards him, but I feel like they are trying so hard to pressure a kid on being this strong immoral person. Give him some slack!!
Nov 10, 2021 11:54 PM

Nov 2019
Shishigami Hiro from Inuyashiki lowkey a hero figure despite indiscriminately massacring many of his own people for fun (women children eldery). And also duo MCs in Terror in Resonance.
Nov 11, 2021 12:11 AM

Jul 2019
Yeah the names already been mentioned in this thread. Mostly characters who people hate for stupid/wrong reasons.
Nov 11, 2021 1:56 AM

Mar 2021
Maybe not hate, but people rag on both Gon and Hinata as MCs. Never understood it.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Light novel adaptation and boring ending

Ri-KoRin - 1 hour ago

5 by BlueBullet178 »»
22 seconds ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - 42 minutes ago

3 by BlueBullet178 »»
2 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - 6 hours ago

27 by alexw1020 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - 7 hours ago

15 by Jonas-K »»
18 minutes ago

» What old anime could become popular today?

W3TFT - 7 hours ago

11 by Ten »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.