Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2019 4:31 AM

Oct 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
otomi date ep lol

that haruka tho
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Aug 10, 2019 7:42 AM

Aug 2008
Wasn't Sou supposed to be overprotective of Otomi? Why would Tou give a damn about her date...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 10, 2019 9:51 AM

Mar 2015
Get Akai on the baseball team asap.
Aug 11, 2019 8:26 AM

Mar 2010
I kind of want to root for Akai x Otomi now. But it will probably turn out to something else.
Aug 11, 2019 8:26 PM
Mar 2015
A rainy day brings out all the losers
Aug 12, 2019 9:48 PM
Dec 2018
Tou x Otomi and Sou x Haruka would be the default, especially since this manga is a sort of homage to Touch, H2, and Miyuki, but the author is obviously trying to keep things ambiguous and teasing, like in H2 and Miyuki.

But poor ugly males and beta males, they just can't catch a break in an Adachi manga. Makes sense though, if all the guys want you, why would you go for an ugly beta? Though it's funny, cuz when it comes to the parents, the dad is always an old ugly unspectacular guy while the mom is a hotty.
Aug 12, 2019 9:54 PM
Dec 2018
Lylaaz said:
I kind of want to root for Akai x Otomi now. But it will probably turn out to something else.

Going by tradition, it don't look too promising for Akai, he'll likely just serve as a jump-start to get Tou and Otomi to get past their sibling status. But who knows, it's not impossible. If someone else pops up to become a potential prospect for Sou, Tou x Haruka could become more likely, leaving Otomi for Akai.
Aug 17, 2019 9:06 AM
Sep 2015
I like more Haruka x Tou, I hope Adachi makes things different for some change.

Jul 8, 2020 7:45 PM

Feb 2017
I'd still prefer Haruka with Tou, rather than Otomi. Tbh this one is particularly very hard to predict, unlike most of Adachi's works.
Aug 10, 2020 2:58 AM

Jul 2015
Wait since when does Tou care so much about Otomi being on a date, wouldn't that be something Sou would worry about. Just realised Natsuno is similiar to Nishimura in stalking Otomi and also boasting about being good. Even though I kinda hoped for Haruka x Tou and Otomi x Akai, the Tachibana's don't show that much interest so far which makes me worry.

Nov 23, 2021 12:10 PM

Jan 2018
Nishimura (the older one) reminiscing about Minami had a very nostalgic feeling to it. I still don't get why the anime isn't showing his wife though. Is it his actual childhood bestfriend who was the club manager of his baseball team? Or is it someone else? I'd like to know!

Wait Mita's older brother goes to the same highschool as Akai? How did I miss this. Actually I nearly forgot that she had an older brother. Goddammit Adachi why does it seem like every single character in Mix have some sort of a sibling? I guess that's what he writes best cause all of them seem to have some sort of nuance to them. I just don't wanna see them wasted. I'm surprised the older Akai is being featured in the series at all after being defeated like that. Great improvement to how Touch treated some of its side characters but not quite perfect. Albeit I don't think we'll be watching Mix for long.

Minami Otomi going on a date with 2 different guys was hectic but also pretty fun to watch. I don't like that I basically have to root for a specific ship though. Akai or Tou-chan might win but it's certain that Natsuno's gonna lose. Akai Ryou being so good with hands despite being on the soccer team isn't very shocking. I presume he wanted to join the baseball club originally but was prevented so he couldn't "steal" the glory of his older brother.

Next episode preview was a bit weird. Something that I didn't feel from older previews.
Jan 28, 2023 11:12 AM

Sep 2012
0451 said:
MinamiOtomi going on a date with 2 different guys was hectic but also pretty fun to watch. I don't like that I basically have to root for a specific ship though. Akai or Tou-chan might win but it's certain that Natsuno's gonna lose. Akai Ryou being so good with hands despite being on the soccer team isn't very shocking. I presume he wanted to join the baseball club originally but was prevented so he couldn't "steal" the glory of his older brother.

I only find Akai and Otomi to be the pairing that makes sense to ship at the moment because they had good scenes together and their chemistry is nice. The rest feels too undeveloped as an actual possible pairing. Haruka only had one scene with Touma where they went on a date but touma didn’t even care that much. They didn’t really interact that much, and Sou/Haruka is also far too undeveloped. Touma and Otomi being treated as a serious pairing won’t really happen until very late in the story I assume because it’s simply harder for them to notice their feelings since they’re step siblings.

At the end of the day though, it’s way too early to be shipping characters together. I predict Akai and Haruka to be stepping stones for Touma and Otomi to become jealous and notice their feelings for each other. Then Haruka will slowly develop feelings for Sou because he actually likes her and maybe Akai will develop feelings for the Mira chick. This is just my predictions after watching Touch.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mix: Meisei Story Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Apr 6, 2019

69 by bankredmeadow »»
Feb 18, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Mix Episode 3 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Apr 20, 2019

13 by Clonemax2008 »»
Oct 25, 2023 3:23 AM

Poll: » Mix Episode 24 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Sep 28, 2019

24 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 3, 2023 10:16 PM

Poll: » Mix Episode 23 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Sep 14, 2019

14 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 3, 2023 9:59 PM

Poll: » Mix Episode 22 Discussion

ropiel - Sep 7, 2019

9 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 3, 2023 9:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.