Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 9, 2019 10:27 PM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Fairy dragging WWX and WWX dragging LWJ was too cute!
The scene with LWJ playing Inquiry was beautiful and relaxing.
Bits and pieces of flashbacks were shown. WWX and bb JL bonding moments made me emotional ;(

Make sure to watch the scene after the credits too!
Aug 9, 2019 11:46 PM
Aug 2019
This episode hit me like a truck. I did not expect the nephew/uncle content but it was very heartwarming. It was cute and at the same time so sad. The way baby Jin Ling held onto YL!WWX pinky got me bawling.
We got to see a bit of the past, mostly in Beifang Mt. which I assume would be kinda confusing if you weren’t a novel reader.
Hopefully we’ll see more of the flashbacks and not just in this condensed form, though it was done very smoothly and throughout, which I also really liked.
The music and the visuals still 10/10. Everything is just so stunning and beautiful. Though it may just be me being biased but whatever, I don’t take criticisms.
I’m sure with the past trailers, we’ll be revisiting XuanLi’s death in HD once again. I’m dead.

Edit: Jin Zixuan confession gave me life. And his scream while running away SENT ME lmfao. This was everything I imagined while reading the novel.
LwjDragHimmmmAug 9, 2019 11:53 PM
Aug 10, 2019 12:48 PM

Dec 2016
Gods, it felt much better watching MDZS after it completely came out. The wait is killing me, I'm trying not to spoil myself with the new filler things but I can't help it. I've already rewatched ep 1 so many times >.>
Aug 10, 2019 1:01 PM
Apr 2018
Mici_Angels said:
Gods, it felt much better watching MDZS after it completely came out. The wait is killing me, I'm trying not to spoil myself with the new filler things but I can't help it. I've already rewatched ep 1 so many times >.>

Ikr I basically watch scene of them dueting against the demonic arm on repeat. I finished the live action raws too I'm like a junkie over here its so bad 😭
Aug 10, 2019 3:34 PM

Dec 2016
Yalthamen said:
Mici_Angels said:

Ikr I basically watch scene of them dueting against the demonic arm on repeat. I finished the live action raws too I'm like a junkie over here its so bad 😭

I keep repeating the duet (LQR dissing WWX is epic), Wen Ruohan fight and LXC/JGY conversation. Is it just me or season 2 looks even more stunning.
I recently hopped onto the audio drama wagon because I want to hurt myself more with Yi city >.> I can't even read other MXTX's novels because of my obsession with MDZS
Aug 10, 2019 3:55 PM
Apr 2018
Mici_Angels said:

I keep repeating the duet (LQR dissing WWX is epic), Wen Ruohan fight and LXC/JGY conversation. Is it just me or season 2 looks even more stunning.
I recently hopped onto the audio drama wagon because I want to hurt myself more with Yi city >.> I can't even read other MXTX's novels because of my obsession with MDZS

I'm pretty equally obsessed with all MXTX stuff except MDZS has the most media haha, donghua live action manhua audio drama... If you haven't read them you should definitely try Heaven Officials Blessing, the translations *just* completed and it's basically like MDZS on steroids lol. It takes a little longer to settle into the story but it is soooo crazy. Scum villain is just as good, but it's more humor based, it doesn't have the same present time/flashback format or the "fall from grace & redemption" theme as the other 2,and the jokes assume the reader is familiar with mainstream Chinese wuxia novels so I'd really only recommend it if you read Chinese novels regularly. But it's still really good even if you don't read them (evidence: Hella western fangirls who never read a non-bl Chinese novel haha)

Yea the animation this season is freaking insane. Esp the background art. The landscapes are sooo ridiculous in both seasons. Oh yeah I keep watching the RuoHan fight too lol that like 5ish seconds of lxc and nmj going at him together is the beeest. When wrh died immediately from a lil stab I was kind of like "lol OK" but I can't bring myself to complain about anything. And I loooove animated jgy.

Do you watch the live action? Those most recent Xiao xingchen episodes kiiilled me hahaha. I listened to a few audio drama episodes when they started but haven't kept up...

And since this is the episode 4 discussion topic haha, I'll add that I hope they do a full "flashback arc" instead of little flashbacks like in this one... Even though I really loved it and can't complain about anything. I feel really bad for people tryna enjoy the show who haven't read the novel though hahaha
IdknymkreAug 10, 2019 4:04 PM
Aug 10, 2019 4:48 PM

Dec 2016
Yalthamen said:
Mici_Angels said:

I'm pretty equally obsessed with all MXTX stuff except MDZS has the most media haha, donghua live action manhua audio drama... If you haven't read them you should definitely try Heaven Officials Blessing, the translations *just* completed and it's basically like MDZS on steroids lol. It takes a little longer to settle into the story but it is soooo crazy. Scum villain is just as good, but it's more humor based, it doesn't have the same present time/flashback format or the "fall from grace & redemption" theme as the other 2,and the jokes assume the reader is familiar with mainstream Chinese wuxia novels so I'd really only recommend it if you read Chinese novels regularly. But it's still really good even if you don't read them (evidence: Hella western fangirls who never read a non-bl Chinese novel haha)

Yea the animation this season is freaking insane. Esp the background art. The landscapes are sooo ridiculous in both seasons. Oh yeah I keep watching the RuoHan fight too lol that like 5ish seconds of lxc and nmj going at him together is the beeest. When wrh died immediately from a lil stab I was kind of like "lol OK" but I can't bring myself to complain about anything. And I loooove animated jgy.

Do you watch the live action? Those most recent Xiao xingchen episodes kiiilled me hahaha. I listened to a few audio drama episodes when they started but haven't kept up...

And since this is the episode 4 discussion topic haha, I'll add that I hope they do a full "flashback arc" instead of little flashbacks like in this one... Even though I really loved it and can't complain about anything. I feel really bad for people tryna enjoy the show who haven't read the novel though hahaha

MDZS was my first novel, I'm afraid. I tried Scum Villain after MDZS, but I had a slow slooow start. First translator kinda put me off for a while and I had no idea what was happening (I thought I forgot how to read english at one point lol). I'm on chapter 38 at a water prison. I only read one chapter of HOB and I loved it. Still, I'll try to finish Scum Villain first, or it would irritate me to no end.

It was really pleasing seeing the fight and more stuff that wasn't from WWX perspective. I was also disappointed that Wen Ruohan died from one stab that wasn't even heart aimed. But they probably didn't want to stay to long on that part. Animation is so good, I feel like going through JGY's hair with my fingers. ALso give me sunglasses, LXC is freaking shining.

I do, I'm behind lagging on episode 19. But I watch some 'special eps regardless of where I am. I finished Yi City yesterday and it made me cry. I feel so sorry for XXC and XY.

I wish people knew how it felt to suddenly read flashback arcs out of nowhere. Especially at the good parts of present time. It's like cliffhangers that you can't really hate hahaha
Aug 10, 2019 5:05 PM
Apr 2018
Mici_Angels said:

MDZS was my first novel, I'm afraid. I tried Scum Villain after MDZS, but I had a slow slooow start. First translator kinda put me off for a while and I had no idea what was happening (I thought I forgot how to read english at one point lol). I'm on chapter 38 at a water prison. I only read one chapter of HOB and I loved it. Still, I'll try to finish Scum Villain first, or it would irritate me to no end.

It was really pleasing seeing the fight and more stuff that wasn't from WWX perspective. I was also disappointed that Wen Ruohan died from one stab that wasn't even heart aimed. But they probably didn't want to stay to long on that part. Animation is so good, I feel like going through JGY's hair with my fingers. ALso give me sunglasses, LXC is freaking shining.

I do, I'm behind lagging on episode 19. But I watch some 'special eps regardless of where I am. I finished Yi City yesterday and it made me cry. I feel so sorry for XXC and XY.

I wish people knew how it felt to suddenly read flashback arcs out of nowhere. Especially at the good parts of present time. It's like cliffhangers that you can't really hate hahaha

Dude! Arrrgh OK i won't start talking about that first translator of scum villain... I mean I can't translate Chinese and I appreciate her efforts so I won't say anything...ahem. Anyway it's really exciting that you still have those 2 novels to read! I promise hob will catch you as hard as mdzs hahaha.

If you skip around and watch special scenes of the live action you should check out the raw of the JC & WN conversation on 46... I've watched it like a million times I can't wait til it's subbed on wednesday. Watching it kinda feels like, idk, getting stabbed to death? And on a much lighter note, the drunk crime spree scene which is already subbed, was the beeeest. Idk how to use spoiler tags so I'm just being vague for innocent ppl passing by who haven't read the Novel haha.

Yeah animated jgy is too much. Sign me up I'll buy whatever he's selling idgaf. Lxc makes me feel too many things. I can't with him.
Aug 10, 2019 5:55 PM

Dec 2016
Yalthamen said:
Mici_Angels said:

Dude! Arrrgh OK i won't start talking about that first translator of scum villain... I mean I can't translate Chinese and I appreciate her efforts so I won't say anything...ahem. Anyway it's really exciting that you still have those 2 novels to read! I promise hob will catch you as hard as mdzs hahaha.

If you skip around and watch special scenes of the live action you should check out the raw of the JC & WN conversation on 46... I've watched it like a million times I can't wait til it's subbed on wednesday. Watching it kinda feels like, idk, getting stabbed to death? And on a much lighter note, the drunk crime spree scene which is already subbed, was the beeeest. Idk how to use spoiler tags so I'm just being vague for innocent ppl passing by who haven't read the Novel haha.

Yeah animated jgy is too much. Sign me up I'll buy whatever he's selling idgaf. Lxc makes me feel too many things. I can't with him.

Oh so it wasn't just me? I feel better now actually. I agree, I am happy she translated it, but at the same time I wish the translators who took over the work to redo hers too (I'm mean, I know).
I'll def have a blast with HOB. It had some weird zen while I was reading it felt like MDZS for sure. Praying for HOB to be 2D like MDZS when it gets animated

I haven't seen it yet. I'll definitely fast forward it when its out on YouTube since that part is satisfying and sad at the same time in the novel.
Ohh also Lan QiRen. He still looks good even after 13 years.

If you know html. It's the same here except you use '[' and ']'
Aug 10, 2019 6:17 PM
Apr 2018
Mici_Angels said:

Oh so it wasn't just me? I feel better now actually. I agree, I am happy she translated it, but at the same time I wish the translators who took over the work to redo hers too (I'm mean, I know).
I'll def have a blast with HOB. It had some weird zen while I was reading it felt like MDZS for sure. Praying for HOB to be 2D like MDZS when it gets animated

I haven't seen it yet. I'll definitely fast forward it when its out on YouTube since that part is satisfying and sad at the same time in the novel.

I watch the raws on newasiantv.tv before they appear on viki, they have em all up now.

Yeah in the Chinese novel community there's universally agreed upon terms, like "zou huo ru mo" is ALWAYS "qi deviation" and she translated it to "cultivation madness" which basically gave me qi deviation... I remember that one because she publically apologized for it (lol I guess others were also displeased) but there were tons of similar issues. I mean it was just obvious that she was an extreme beginner at translating this genre of novels. But it was mxtx's first book so I'm glad someone took it on. I just think she bit off more than she could chew taking on that project haha.

HOB is being animated by Haoliners I believe, I really like them, it will almost certainly be in 2d. I wish SVS was gonna be in 2D, but I guess they're making it 3d to give it a video game vibe. I have a theory that SQQ will be shown in live action before transmigrating into the book lol. And scum villain is even more of a wuxia parody than it is a romance so I can see why they'd choose 3d...(i wish they didn't tho I always imagined SQQ being hecka pretty 😏)

Dude lqr breaks my heart coz he's like the only survivor from his generation of high ranking officials. I always loved that salty mfer. Now he's just stuck with all these liberal youths lmao

Edit: thank you you taught me spoiler tags haha
Aug 11, 2019 3:08 AM

Aug 2019
I just love the Jin Ling/WWX moments (Donghua original scenes), but it seems the plot is moving at a much faster pace compared with previous episodes (season 1). But what can you do, we just have 8 episodes in season 2 after all.

And JZX is precious.
Aug 11, 2019 4:15 PM

Dec 2016
Yalthamen said:
Mici_Angels said:

I watch the raws on newasiantv.tv before they appear on viki, they have em all up now.

Yeah in the Chinese novel community there's universally agreed upon terms, like "zou huo ru mo" is ALWAYS "qi deviation" and she translated it to "cultivation madness" which basically gave me qi deviation... I remember that one because she publically apologized for it (lol I guess others were also displeased) but there were tons of similar issues. I mean it was just obvious that she was an extreme beginner at translating this genre of novels. But it was mxtx's first book so I'm glad someone took it on. I just think she bit off more than she could chew taking on that project haha.

HOB is being animated by Haoliners I believe, I really like them, it will almost certainly be in 2d. I wish SVS was gonna be in 2D, but I guess they're making it 3d to give it a video game vibe. I have a theory that SQQ will be shown in live action before transmigrating into the book lol. And scum villain is even more of a wuxia parody than it is a romance so I can see why they'd choose 3d...(i wish they didn't tho I always imagined SQQ being hecka pretty 😏)

Dude lqr breaks my heart coz he's like the only survivor from his generation of high ranking officials. I always loved that salty mfer. Now he's just stuck with all these liberal youths lmao

Idk about that site. But when I watched episode 1 on Viki, the subtitles implied that JYL killed WWX and I pretty much wanted to cry. Thankfully YouTube had nicely translated eps.
Pewww. I'm glad to hear that. I almost wanted to cry thinking I would have to learn all the terms again. I think even the golden core was written differently, not sure. MXTX's all novels are like top stuff now, maybe she did it before they 'exploded' lol
The guys that did Spirt Pact, right? I hope they have a similar design to MDZS, no too big eyes (I'm ashamed to say that I have issues with that and watch anime >.>). That's a good theory! It kinda reminds me of Code Lyoko, just forever stuck in a video game. I wonder what they'll do with all the wives......

LQR is so loveless, it kinda makes me sad how stiff he is. Truly like a monk, just with a bad temper and blood pressure. Umm did you notice that The Untamed''s Wen Ruohan is voiced by donghua LQR? I was wondering why the voice of the old man sounded so hot XD

No, probs. It's really useful on MAL. The only usable place I would say
Aug 11, 2019 4:36 PM
Apr 2018
Mici_Angels said:
Yalthamen said:

Idk about that site. But when I watched episode 1 on Viki, the subtitles implied that JYL killed WWX and I pretty much wanted to cry. Thankfully YouTube had nicely translated eps.
Pewww. I'm glad to hear that. I almost wanted to cry thinking I would have to learn all the terms again. I think even the golden core was written differently, not sure. MXTX's all novels are like top stuff now, maybe she did it before they 'exploded' lol
The guys that did Spirt Pact, right? I hope they have a similar design to MDZS, no too big eyes (I'm ashamed to say that I have issues with that and watch anime >.>). That's a good theory! It kinda reminds me of Code Lyoko, just forever stuck in a video game. I wonder what they'll do with all the wives......

LQR is so loveless, it kinda makes me sad how stiff he is. Truly like a monk, just with a bad temper and blood pressure. Umm did you notice that The Untamed''s Wen Ruohan is voiced by donghua LQR? I was wondering why the voice of the old man sounded so hot XD

Ohh yeah you watch the Wetv version. Yeah they have dope subs but they're just way behind and I can't wait haha. Vikis subs are just like slightly edited mtl's haha.

Yeah I think she probably took that project on coz it was just a lowkey book she liked and she didn't know she was gonna get this huge extremely picky and demanding audience lol. Like I feel bad about criticizing her, if she saw these comments I would kms lol, it's just mxtx needs to be handled by professionals lol.

Yes I think they did spirit pact. Honestly I have never been a fan of any other animated BL (well unless you count beryl and sapphire lol), and I always give them a shot but I wasn't really into spiritpact. Idc as long as Xie Lian is super pretty ill be happy lol. I need a trailer to drop baaad. I've already kinda given up on a pretty sqq even tho he's my favorite so my close 2nd favorite xl better be *on point* haha (fans usually want a lwj or hc husband but I just want a harem of the mxtx wives 😥)

What! No I didn't notice that about lqr's voice actor. Daaaamn so that actor is honorary prez of the mdzs club 😅. I thought both versions of qiren were perfect too, I loved all the live action older generation actors except jgs he wasn't gross enough lol but I thought the donghua did him well.
Aug 11, 2019 5:15 PM

Dec 2016
Yalthamen said:
Mici_Angels said:

Ohh yeah you watch the Wetv version. Yeah they have dope subs but they're just way behind and I can't wait haha. Vikis subs are just like slightly edited mtl's haha.

Yeah I think she probably took that project on coz it was just a lowkey book she liked and she didn't know she was gonna get this huge extremely picky and demanding audience lol. Like I feel bad about criticizing her, if she saw these comments I would kms lol, it's just mxtx needs to be handled by professionals lol.

Yes I think they did spirit pact. Honestly I have never been a fan of any other animated BL (well unless you count beryl and sapphire lol), and I always give them a shot but I wasn't really into spiritpact. Idc as long as Xie Lian is super pretty ill be happy lol. I need a trailer to drop baaad. I've already kinda given up on a pretty sqq even tho he's my favorite so my close 2nd favorite xl better be *on point* haha (fans usually want a lwj or hc husband but I just want a harem of the mxtx wives 😥)

What! No I didn't notice that about lqr's voice actor. Daaaamn so that actor is honorary prez of the mdzs club 😅. I thought both versions of qiren were perfect too, I loved all the live action older generation actors except jgs he wasn't gross enough lol but I thought the donghua did him well.

Yep, but WeTV recently priveted all of their eps because of their damn app. Thankfully Official Tencent has eng subs! Viki is so strange, my net doesn't like it ether. So much lagging
Yeah. I feel bad now too. She probably wasn't expecting such an audience ether. Hopefully she doesn't use MAL >.>
Yaoi hands amirite? I felt that Spirit pact was kinda all over the place? I couldn't get into the web toon ether so I gave up. Prayers to him and every other character. SQQ doesn't that bad but I actually didn't notice when they switched to LBH on the teaser. The character models look weirdly similar to me or I'm blind. (I'm afraid I'm to early to judge Scum villain wives but I love MDZS ones, especially WQ)

I just learned recently that the series is dubbed over. Makes sense why LWJ sounded so accurate XD A lot of voice actors returned to the live action from ether donghua or audio drama, the list is looong. It's really amazing they did that.
Aug 11, 2019 5:32 PM
Apr 2018
Mici_Angels said:
Yalthamen said:

Yep, but WeTV recently priveted all of their eps because of their damn app. Thankfully Official Tencent has eng subs! Viki is so strange, my net doesn't like it ether. So much lagging
Yeah. I feel bad now too. She probably wasn't expecting such an audience ether. Hopefully she doesn't use MAL >.>
Yaoi hands amirite? I felt that Spirit pact was kinda all over the place? I couldn't get into the web toon ether so I gave up. Prayers to him and every other character. SQQ doesn't that bad but I actually didn't notice when they switched to LBH on the teaser. The character models look weirdly similar to me or I'm blind. (I'm afraid I'm to early to judge Scum villain wives but I love MDZS ones, especially WQ)

I just learned recently that the series is dubbed over. Makes sense why LWJ sounded so accurate XD A lot of voice actors returned to the live action from ether donghua or audio drama, the list is looong. It's really amazing they did that.

Oh by mxtx wives I meant the main characters wwx sqq and xl lol they usually get described using the translated word "wife" at one point or another lol. But yeah mxtx does write good female characters I wish she wrote more, but she's just a BL fanatic I can't complain lol.

Yeeeah it's been a while since thst scum villain preview came out too, maybe fans have kicked up a fuss and it'll be improved.

Wait which series is dubbed over? I'm gonna pm you too since none of this has anything to do with mdzs episode 4 lol
Aug 11, 2019 5:55 PM

Dec 2016
Yalthamen said:
Mici_Angels said:

Oh by mxtx wives I meant the main characters wwx sqq and xl lol they usually get described using the translated word "wife" at one point or another lol. But yeah mxtx does write good female characters I wish she wrote more, but she's just a BL fanatic I can't complain lol.

Yeeeah it's been a while since thst scum villain preview came out too, maybe fans have kicked up a fuss and it'll be improved.

Wait which series is dubbed over? I'm gonna pm you too since none of this has anything to do with mdzs episode 4 lol

Ohhh now I get it. I do know that they are refereed as wives too XD. I was first referring to LBH's harem of wives and if he'll actually be with any of them (bc how will they explain in no homo fashion. that he has no desire towards them??).
I believe in our Chinese bros and sis'. But they actually like 3D animation so Idk if it'll be as fierce as with Untamed.
Untamed is dubbed over. Like the actors we see are just bodies and faces, other VAs are giving them voices
Aug 23, 2019 10:50 PM

Aug 2008
just watch it haha the credit after ending ...public confession ...
The spider is watching
Aug 23, 2019 11:10 PM

May 2018
What a sad and touching episode. Last scene was funny. LOL!
Aug 24, 2019 1:15 AM
Apr 2018
Flashbacks within hallucinations lol

Confidential to ppl who haven't read the book : in the flashback scene where wwx and lwj show up and kill that non-canonical measuring snake or whatever it is, they just came from making out in the woods lol
Aug 24, 2019 3:45 AM
Aug 24, 2019 7:31 AM

May 2017
Im crying this ep are soo beautiful ;_; shijie are the best girl indeed.
And that scene after ed lol adorable confession.
Aug 24, 2019 7:32 AM

Aug 2008
Yalthamen said:

Confidential to ppl who haven't read the book : in the flashback scene where wwx and lwj show up and kill that non-canonical measuring snake or whatever it is, they just came from making out in the woods lol

lol wellthey did, but ww had no idea with whom :)) one strong woman was :))
The spider is watching
Aug 24, 2019 7:54 AM

Dec 2016
Such a fantastic episode. I loved what they did but I'm still a bit sad they didn't include the Wangxian bit at Baifeng, at least they poped up together to defend JYL. I almost thought they would forget Jin ZiXuans confession, was a bit worried for a moment there. Glad Jin Zixun got the death he deserved, freaking d!*k. On the side note, Madam Jin is so hot, like I knew she would be kinda like Madam Yu but woof

I'm glad they are showing how WWX is good with children. I was wondering how young Jin Ling and WWX were in the same screens, now I understand. Jin Ling would have been spoiled rotten if WWX was his uncle. He's the silly uncle.

I think Yiling Patriarh!WWX is the handsomest dude one the show, sorry Lan Xichen but even your brother couldn't say no to that.

Novel spoiler, that was edited in donghua:
MiciAngelsAug 24, 2019 7:57 AM
Aug 24, 2019 8:46 AM
Apr 2018
dany_elle1908 said:
Yalthamen said:

Shhh don't tell the non-readers that lol, we want them to be like "what am I missing!" and read the book lol
Aug 24, 2019 9:15 AM

Sep 2017
Man, that cliffhanger is cruel
Aug 24, 2019 9:17 AM

Aug 2008
Yalthamen said:
dany_elle1908 said:

Shhh don't tell the non-readers that lol, we want them to be like "what am I missing!" and read the book lol

lips sealed forever :)) they have whqat to read for sure, cus they took out a lot :))) so will have a lovely surprise :)))
The spider is watching
Aug 24, 2019 9:23 AM
Apr 2018
dany_elle1908 said:
Yalthamen said:

lips sealed forever :)) they have whqat to read for sure, cus they took out a lot :))) so will have a lovely surprise :)))

Ikr season 2 has like 500% more scenes cut out than season 1 😢
Aug 24, 2019 9:53 PM
Jul 2018
wei ying is so beautiful ?? i kept thinking that all throughout the episode. Man I don't remember the girl and the other guy dying, did that happen in the first season or it was only shown now? I did not remember.....

looks like Cheng already found out his identity... god i am anxiously waiting for the subs of episode 5....
Aug 24, 2019 10:34 PM
Apr 2018
beminim said:
wei ying is so beautiful ?? i kept thinking that all throughout the episode. Man I don't remember the girl and the other guy dying, did that happen in the first season or it was only shown now? I did not remember.....

looks like Cheng already found out his identity... god i am anxiously waiting for the subs of episode 5....

The first season only showed Wei Wuxian's original life up to the point where he first began practicing demonic cultivation.

This season is showing flashbacks of what happened in his original life after he became known as a demonic cultivator. This episode was probably extra confusing because it showed original-WWX talking to baby Jin Ling. Those aren't flashbacks, those are hallucinations caused by the curse present-WWX is removing from JL. During the hallucinations, it's also showing actual flashbacks. Most of the flashbacks in this episode show original-WWX as a demonic cultivator, and you see how he's behaving quite darkly and his reputation is suffering. These flashbacks are taking place BEFORE he's exiled to Burial Mound and becomes known as the Yiling Patriarch. This episode also gives you a taste of what's coming next. After his exile, he'll be held responsible for the deaths of both Jin Zixuan and Jiang Yanli ("the girl and the other guy", lol) This was *barely* mentioned in S1E2 for like half a second, but this season will give you more details on what happened. You can ask me anything but I'll definitely ramble on hahaha, I tried to make this explanation as concise as possible.

Honestly, it's extremely confusing and they're cutting out a lot of important info and I highly, highly recommend you read the phenomenal novel in order to understand what's going on. At this point, I feel like the target audience of this donghua is people who've read the novel.
IdknymkreAug 24, 2019 10:45 PM
Aug 25, 2019 6:38 AM

Sep 2017
very emotional, very cute, very adventurous. Mo Dao Zu Shi never disappoints!
Aug 25, 2019 11:23 AM

Dec 2016
I really wonder where this donghua would be on the list if it weren't for bots....

Anyway, I'm really enjoying this episode more and more with each rewatch. I think they smashed too much things in the same episode and left a lot out, but it still works. Not sure how donghua-only peeps are handling this compared to the slower pace of s1. Another thing I really enjoyed about s2 is how much Jin Guangyao and Lan XiChen spend time together. It's often seen or implied in the novel too, but just looking at it is so amusing.
Aug 25, 2019 3:35 PM
Jul 2018
Oof, I appreciate the extra scenes between Wei Wuxian and Jin Ling as uncle and nephew, but they're really twisting the knife in hard there, huh? ;_;
Aug 27, 2019 4:47 AM

Aug 2015
A very good episode, very emotional and sad. This season looks promising.
Aug 27, 2019 4:52 AM

Feb 2010
So I wondered what that Wei Wuxian and small Jin Ling thing would be without breaking the timeline as I'm p sure they never met at that point (?) but it was this sort of vision thing. Touching and powerful scenes, I liked them. This episode felt like it was ten minutes long, I was so into it. :D Also Wei Wuxian's Yiling Patriarch look is 10/10.
Aug 27, 2019 7:05 AM
Apr 2018
Haltija said:
So I wondered what that Wei Wuxian and small Jin Ling thing would be without breaking the timeline as I'm p sure they never met at that point (?) but it was this sort of vision thing. Touching and powerful scenes, I liked them. This episode felt like it was ten minutes long, I was so into it. :D Also Wei Wuxian's Yiling Patriarch look is 10/10.

Yeah they never met. WWX died when JL was 2 or 3 and never met him in his original life. The scenes of WWX and baby Jin Ling chatting are hallucinations brought on by the curse mark WWX is removing from JL. Within the hallucination though, you see real flashbacks about Jiang Yanli and Jin Zixuan
Aug 27, 2019 10:30 AM

Dec 2018
this is just a recommendation but PLEASE read the novel
it’s very long but also very good, and makes the show much easier to understand as you go along
Aug 27, 2019 11:38 AM
Nov 2017
yo i have no idea what is happening. Who is purple guy and why does he hate WWX? Also yellow guy is the child of older yellow guy and purple A girl who died, yes?
Aug 27, 2019 12:10 PM

Feb 2010
Yalthamen said:
Haltija said:

Yeah they never met. WWX died when JL was 2 or 3 and never met him in his original life. The scenes of WWX and baby Jin Ling chatting are hallucinations brought on by the curse mark WWX is removing from JL. Within the hallucination though, you see real flashbacks about Jiang Yanli and Jin Zixuan

Right so I think it's pretty smart to show the flashbacks in this context. I know there were some people who were really concerned about the changes, like if there was going to be a massive change to when Jin Ling and Wei Wuxian met, or even Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji.

tosnorm said:
yo i have no idea what is happening. Who is purple guy and why does he hate WWX? Also yellow guy is the child of older yellow guy and purple A girl who died, yes?

Did you watch the first season? Purple guy is Jiang Cheng, Wei Wuxian's kinda adopted brother, who hates demonic cultivation and Wei Wuxian because they in a way caused the death of purple girl. And yes, yellow guy (=Jin Ling) is the son of older yellow guy (=Jin Zixuan) and purple girl (=Jiang Yanli).
Aug 27, 2019 12:18 PM
Apr 2018
Haltija said:
Yalthamen said:

Right so I think it's pretty smart to show the flashbacks in this context. I know there were some people who were really concerned about the changes, like if there was going to be a massive change to when Jin Ling and Wei Wuxian met, or even Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji.

My bad I thought you were asking if they really met or not lol
Aug 27, 2019 2:55 PM
Nov 2017
Haltija said:

Did you watch the first season? Purple guy is Jiang Cheng, Wei Wuxian's kinda adopted brother, who hates demonic cultivation and Wei Wuxian because they in a way caused the death of purple girl. And yes, yellow guy (=Jin Ling) is the son of older yellow guy (=Jin Zixuan) and purple girl (=Jiang Yanli).

It's been a long time. I thought purple brother died. How did wei cause her death? I remember nothing
Aug 27, 2019 4:29 PM

Dec 2016
tosnorm said:
Haltija said:

It's been a long time. I thought purple brother died. How did wei cause her death? I remember nothing

It wasn't said how he killed her in s1, just implied that he was the cause. You'll discover soon enough in this season.
But yeah, their deaths are kinda like game changers for WWX's fate. I suggest you watch just the first two episodes of s1 along with the last, since they might clear up somethings (they are set in the present too)
Aug 27, 2019 8:28 PM

Feb 2010
Yalthamen said:
My bad I thought you were asking if they really met or not lol

It's fine lol my question mark was more like, "they didn't meet in the original story, right?"

tosnorm said:

I get that. But yeah if you have time to spare, rewatching some of the first season isn't a bad idea, that's what I've been doing too.
Aug 27, 2019 10:55 PM

Dec 2018
Everything this season shows us a little best boy crying I lose my shit. Why you do this to me G.CMay Animation & film? Such cruel and beautiful scenes. This was my favorite episode of the season so far! Can't wait for more (please spare my heart G.CMay, I'm begging you)
Aug 28, 2019 3:38 AM

Sep 2016
LWJ is so handsome loved every scene with him
Aug 28, 2019 12:41 PM

Dec 2018
ooReiko said:
LWJ is so handsome loved every scene with him

I have to second this lol.
Aug 31, 2019 3:49 AM
May 2010
CorkMars said:
Everything this season shows us a little best boy crying I lose my shit. Why you do this to me G.CMay Animation & film? Such cruel and beautiful scenes. This was my favorite episode of the season so far! Can't wait for more (please spare my heart G.CMay, I'm begging you)

Agree. They did it masterfully.
Sep 1, 2019 3:02 AM
May 2010
Yalthamen said:

Do you remember what chapter tat was in novel? Can't find it.
Sep 1, 2019 5:19 AM

Mar 2016
It wasn't enough!!

I want to know more about why Jiang Cheng hates Wei Wuxian so much, so that a path for character development opens up. (I know we have been told Wei Wuxian killed Jiang YanLi, but that much isn't enough anymore!) Right now, scenes with them together feel like an emotionless plot device. It was the only thing I didn't enjoy this episode. Otherwise, I loved everything.

The backgrounds and the environment are so well done. I really love the art!
Sep 1, 2019 7:58 AM
Apr 2018
sunako1006 said:
Yalthamen said:

Do you remember what chapter tat was in novel? Can't find it.
Easy to remember Ch. 69 😉
Sep 2, 2019 3:11 AM
Nov 2016
FuMomo-kun said:
It wasn't enough!!

I want to know more about why Jiang Cheng hates Wei Wuxian so much, so that a path for character development opens up. (I know we have been told Wei Wuxian killed Jiang YanLi, but that much isn't enough anymore!) Right now, scenes with them together feel like an emotionless plot device. It was the only thing I didn't enjoy this episode. Otherwise, I loved everything.

The backgrounds and the environment are so well done. I really love the art!

they will show it in later episodes. but think about this: your bro kill your sister and her husband, I don't think you would still like this brother. especially if you envy him too and he is much better then you at everything.

of course it more complicated then that, but I think they did show it in a genius way. and it shown like that in the source material, flash backs while we with Wei in the future.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 Episode 2 Discussion

Xealias - Aug 2, 2019

24 by KuroKen15 »»
Feb 15, 12:05 PM

» Are you confused?

Idknymkre - Aug 7, 2019

14 by serina7 »»
Feb 7, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 Episode 3 Discussion

Xealias - Aug 3, 2019

28 by samyllazevedo »»
Oct 2, 2023 5:48 PM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xealias - Aug 23, 2019

51 by iamnameers »»
Feb 4, 2023 8:38 AM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xealias - Aug 31, 2019

50 by diorcula »»
Jan 31, 2023 1:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.