Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 12, 2019 12:22 PM

Oct 2013
JJH_ said:
I see people on horriblesubs hating on this show, calling it "average" and "overhyped" and "childish" and "appealing to teenage boys" can anybody explain?

I don't know the topic, but I think it might be just a random hate. You can say most of animes are naive, overhyped shows with plain plots and childishbcharacters pretending to act serious in the cringiest way possible. ;pp

That doesn't apply to Dr. Stone, but whatever, everybody can have their own opinion on certain shows.
Aug 12, 2019 12:26 PM
Sep 2015
JJH_ said:
I see people on horriblesubs hating on this show, calling it "average" and "overhyped" and "childish" and "appealing to teenage boys" can anybody explain?

When My Hero Academia came out, everyone said the same thing. But now it's indisputable that My Hero Academia is one of the biggest anime out there now. I'm not the biggest fan of My Hero Academia, but it certainly isn't bad. People can have their thoughts about a new series, but whether or not its overhyped depends on its lasting appeal. In some way Dr. Stone is average, but popular things usually aren't masterpieces. And, yeah, Shonen is supposed to appeal to teenage boys.

The only thing I didn't like about the show so far is episode 5, where Tsukasa just guesses exactly what Senku has been planning, even though he didn't have enough leads to realistically come to the right conclusion. Somewhat sloppy writing in my opinion, but episode 6 has redeemed itself.
Aug 12, 2019 4:03 PM

Sep 2007
bastek66 said:
vanetz said:
Thank BONES it's gonna be 24 episodes.

Bones isn't doing this.

Sorry; my bad. Must have been thinking of another show. Then again, so far it's been Bones-tier quality.
Aug 12, 2019 5:28 PM

Nov 2009
so... Kohaku isn't a "petrified" person?

According to TsukASSa, she's either a off-spring of someone else that was unpetrified long ago, or she's actually a descendant of survivors from 3,700 years ago?

___ ___ ___

And all the talks about paring...

This basically means Senku is "forever alone"

(doesn't matter if he has a harem, if he doesn't pair up with any of them, it means nothing)

(cause harem is just another word for "Fans" and Idols in iRL and Fans relationship doesn't mean they're "together")
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 13, 2019 3:51 AM

May 2019
Loved the episode. The non-linear narrative was extremely well crafted, and it'll be interesting to see whether the logical rationalism of Senku or the autocratic barbarism of Tsukasa will be advantageous in a primitive world.

The irony of having the stone be their life force is going to be a really intriguing plot point, probably.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Aug 13, 2019 7:25 AM

Oct 2017
Then Senkuu is living without any injuries.
Hmm Kohaku is from current generation?? I mean she wasn't petrified?
Next episode would be interesting!!!
Aug 13, 2019 7:48 AM
Jan 2016
Great episode!

The buildup was awesome this episode!

Taiju and Yuzuhira went on a spy mission!

Kohaku made her appearance, and fought against Tsukasa!

Senku saved her with an awesome science production!

Kohaku got interest on Senku, hope she joins Senku!

She is really cute and hot, damn!

Aug 13, 2019 9:14 AM

Aug 2019
I'm enjoying the anime so far, but I have some similar gripes about it like the others have. One thing I haven't seen someone mention is:
How did Yuzuriha notice the neck thing? That honestly just feels like a last minute plot device trying to sound like some 200 IQ plan.
This is probably my biggest issue with the entire anime right now, that just makes no sense to me how a girl not nearly as smart as our MC can realize it and go "oh his neck". Other than that, and the previous complaints that have been discussed to death in these forums, im still having fun with the show, but it definitely does switch from comedy to serious on the fly a bit too much for my taste.
Aug 14, 2019 4:55 AM

Aug 2016
I dunno why I am watching this... probably it's not every day anime that is placed in stoneage.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2019 7:30 AM
Aug 2019
I don’t see what’s so good about the show it’s just ok.. I can see it getting slightly better every week, the pacing of the show is much too slow for me.
Gonna keep watching it every week tho.
Bye 👋I’m off to find some balls to the walls type of shows.
Aug 15, 2019 12:52 AM

Mar 2010
Was about to drop It but this episode was really good, I liked the way things turned out tbh, looking forward on it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2019 2:03 AM

Jun 2019
What with Karhu and his 1/10 review that 180 people find helpful, like really ?

Anyway nobody seems to talk about the real title drop in the ep lol.
Aug 15, 2019 1:31 PM

Jun 2015
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Well, I've already put up with the fact that first few minutes are reserved for "Previously" part. The sixth episode takes it to a completely new level. EIGHT. MINUTES. HOLLY. CRAP.
It's not entirely "previously"
Aug 15, 2019 7:41 PM
Jul 2017
Hegar said:

Science is a method. If anyone should be called its founder it should be Isaac Newton, who wrote Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica outlining the principles of science: observation, hypothesis, experiment that can be replicated, proven theory, etc.

Nope. Sir Francis Bacon for the win.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Aug 16, 2019 10:33 PM
Aug 2017
WOWIE, amazing ep as always
Aug 17, 2019 7:15 AM

Jan 2015
THANK GOD FINALLY WE ARE PAST THE BORING PART

I’m happy to see Kohaku, her VA truly fits her. Looking forward to the next arc. It has a lot of good moments
Aug 17, 2019 7:22 AM

Dec 2017
Xenocrisi said:

I’m happy to see Kohaku, her VA truly fits her. Looking forward to the next arc. It a lot of good moments

Yeah, here we go... Kohaku has entered the chat
Aug 17, 2019 7:24 AM

Jan 2015
Lucikun09 said:
Xenocrisi said:

I’m happy to see Kohaku, her VA truly fits her. Looking forward to the next arc. It a lot of good moments

Yeah, here we go... Kohaku has entered the chat

Yeah finally. I would have already dropped the anime if I hadn’t read the manga beforehand, knowing Kohaku’s existence
Aug 17, 2019 6:04 PM
Apr 2016
A giant plot-hole has been solved it seems, Senku being able to stay conscious for that long. Honestly, Tsukasa really is one of the fucking piller men from Jojo, he's a literal monster. I didn't expect this rather eerie plot twist though, it turns out some people got out of stone long ago, probably hundreds of years ago, but since they weren't Senku, they didn't manage to figure out a way to get others out of the stone, and so they just reproduced and lived happily after.

Ah, the group getting discarded into two pieces was unexpected, too.
Aug 18, 2019 2:46 PM

Jan 2013
Kohaku's eyes are so far apart she looks like an alien
Aug 19, 2019 9:15 AM

Dec 2012
My bet is she's wet after that

Aug 22, 2019 7:38 PM

Jun 2015
why are kohaku's eyes like that man
Aug 24, 2019 12:06 AM

Dec 2013
Goodbye to Taiju/Yuzuhira for a while. I'm actually going to miss them.

So people accidentally got revived a few generations ago? Either that or they came from people who somehow avoided getting turned into stone.

The new girl's eyes throw me off tbh
Aug 25, 2019 4:05 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Really enjoying it so far, it is nothing to think too deeply about though.
I actually like Tsukasa, twisted but at least he isn't a 100% baddy stoic villain.
This new blonde is enjoyable, same for Chrome, looking forward to see where this goes from here on.
Sep 3, 2019 4:54 AM
Jan 2018
JJH_ said:

its a shounen its literally the demographic for teenage boys
Sep 3, 2019 4:56 AM
Jan 2018
yep looks like this will be a fun series for me and nice a blonde girl called Kohaku appears looks like she will be interesting
Sep 9, 2019 5:25 PM

Dec 2012
ttcchen said:
BEST GIRL KOHAKU IS HERE! im just a tad bit disappointed they didn't include Senku's hilarious reaction to her "confession" in the end.. but we'll see it in the next eps

Also, just to clarify. Kohaku isn't gonna be Senku's girl, waifu, a part of his harem, or his ship and whatnot. Senku's only 'girl' is SCIENCE-CHAN!!! No women can stand a chance against the all mighty SCIENCE-CHAN!!!

Both of those are spoilers...
Sep 22, 2019 8:07 PM

Jul 2019
I actually never thought of the idea of people getting resurrected decades or even centuries before and having no idea about the world before, I love it! And I also love the new ninja girl, so cute! Anyway, Senkuu isn't dead, no shit, and they decide to split up, could be interesting, we'll see.
Sep 28, 2019 10:57 PM

Feb 2011
The last thing Senkuu is interested in is a wife/romantic relationship, much less someone he sees as so much younger than him. Most people I've seen headcanon him as ace/aro or he has a husband instead of a wife. :p
眠れないのは君のせい
Nov 2, 2019 8:45 AM

Feb 2014
Ok... so... by undoing that stone it grants regeneration power or resurrection power?

I mean... if it's regeneration power I am ok with it but SENKU was DEAD at that time right (or he wasnt)?
TechOtakuNov 2, 2019 9:01 AM
Nov 2, 2019 5:24 PM

Oct 2017
Vi- said:
Ok... so... by undoing that stone it grants regeneration power or resurrection power?

I mean... if it's regeneration power I am ok with it but SENKU was DEAD at that time right (or he wasnt)?

The answer may be a spoiler, so ....
Nov 18, 2019 1:08 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I never thought the show could take a route as it did, it leaves so much to speculate, setting up a far fetched goal and making the few steps apart is so overwhelming that it leaves you hoping for a conclusion as soon as possible, you know the suspense is good when the main opposing factions consist of two people. I wonder wh the girl is, probably someone Senku revived by accident? Or maybe some people were able to break the purification centuries or millennials ago and they have simplistic stonic tribes.
Nov 23, 2019 6:05 PM

Aug 2017
Senkuu's revival makes no sense but nevermind. Also, the beginning of this episode should be in the first or second episode, not now -.-

So Taiju and Yuzuriha are going on an undercover mission while Senku will form his own empire with Kohaku and more ppl.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 23, 2019 8:35 PM

Jul 2019
Nurguburu said:
Senkuu's revival makes no sense but nevermind. Also, the beginning of this episode should be in the first or second episode, not now -.-

So Taiju and Yuzuriha are going on an undercover mission while Senku will form his own empire with Kohaku and more ppl.

wait how does it makes no sense?
Dec 23, 2019 2:55 AM

Mar 2015
Wow the new girl is pretty!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 9, 2020 12:48 PM
Feb 2018
That scene with Senku and Taiju reviving each other was great. And kohaku is introduced and one shotted by tsukasa. Nice to see Einstein's face lol.
Jan 21, 2020 7:48 AM
Mar 2019
So what I learned from this episode is that even in a post-apocalyptic world..waifus can still be found. Weebs everywhere rejoice XDDD

In all seriousness I am interested to learn more about the generations who were born into the Stone World. It will make an good arc for Senku I'm sure.
Mar 13, 2020 9:48 AM

Feb 2013
Kohaku is cute and strong.
Mar 24, 2020 6:46 PM

Apr 2016
Man the humor seemed so forced there in the beginning when Senkuu was deducing how the stone petrification came about. Pretty cringe. Lol the opening played 9 minutes in; that's a little unusual.

Ooh! An encounter between Senkuu and the new girl.
Jun 5, 2020 1:45 AM

Jul 2013
So this is how Taiju and Senku separated then. Can't say I buy into the whole thing, they should've stuck together. Besides who's to say Tsukasa would even take them in, he just killed their friend! And he's clever af, he'll know something is up sooner or later. Well I guess this is why Taiju and Yuzuriha are not even in the picture in the anime profile, looks like we won't be seeing them again, at least not so soon.
Jun 14, 2020 8:56 PM

Aug 2018
damn so its kinda getting interesting as taiju and yuzuriha are on a secret mission to infiltrate the "Tsukasa Empire" and senkuu met the new girl :)

Oct 20, 2020 6:37 AM

Jul 2020
Ok the set up for that revelation about how to undo petrification are really good. I now have a lot of questions in mind which is a good thing.

I feel nothing’s good is gonna happen for Taiju and Yuzuriha as I’m pretty sure Tsukasa will not let them join his empire that easily.
Dec 6, 2020 10:24 AM

May 2015
New blonde girl is hot :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 26, 2020 12:08 AM

Apr 2019
what a miracle that she speaks the same language as him huh...

Jan 12, 2021 7:19 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode, I liked the side by side of Senku and Taiju waking up each other. Hmm, the petrification is probably meant to heal the world or something I don't know.

Yuzuriha and Taiju is going to infiltrate the Tsukasa Empire while Senku is going to gather his own allies, I like that. And I like Kohaku already.
Jun 24, 2021 6:45 AM

Jun 2020
The bromance is strong in this one. They really make a great pair & Taiju is such an endearing dork!!!!!! And he & Yuzuriha are so cute together. Mega ship I want them to make babies. That was strangely hot how he held her waist & shaking her tho it was meant to be a comedic scene l o l

At the end when Senkuu was making the pulley with the ED playing .......I dunno it just made me smile. He’s so awesome!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 29, 2021 8:28 PM

Jul 2017
Oh, damn. Sound the waifu alarm!

Dec 19, 2021 4:29 PM

Dec 2007
so the story gonna continue in senku vs tatsuki way, ka?

at any rate, we get new characters !! and not just any characters, seems new generation of people !! damn this makes me exciting !!
i love kohaku already lol
Dec 27, 2021 7:16 AM

Jul 2021
As expected, Senku regained consciousness. Unfortunately, Yuzuriha and Taiju split from Senku to join Tsukasa's group and be spies.
Apparently there are people who haven't turned to stone or who came out of the petrified state they were in long before Senku, I'm anxious to know more about what happened.
asdasdsadad
Feb 25, 2022 1:16 PM

May 2020
Senku and the duo Taiju and Yuzuriha on their separate ways now. Well the situation demands it, so yeah.

New character spotted, and she's already fond of Senku lol.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.