Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 9, 2019 3:41 AM

Aug 2017
Not only in this anime but all of the bots in this site must be removed. I see a lot of people create few accounts to change the rating of only 1-2 shows by their likes. We saw how SnK's score changed... I saw 9 bots in one 'all members' page of Stein's Gate. This is just dumb. They should delete accounts that rated only 1-3 shows and then become inactive for 4 months or someting. It's not only FMAB.
Ignoramus-Aug 9, 2019 10:57 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ _Open to criticism._ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 9, 2019 3:51 AM
May 2017
FMAB score is back to normal so this war is over.
Aug 9, 2019 3:53 AM

Aug 2017
blackiemma22 said:
FMAB score is back to normal so this war is over.
Bots are still going on though.
Ignoramus-Aug 9, 2019 3:57 AM
Aug 9, 2019 4:45 AM
Aug 2018
It doesn't really matter now cuz' FMAB's original and true score is back, the war is over.
Aug 9, 2019 10:15 AM
Jan 2017
Fir
Ignoramus- said:
Not only in this anime but all of the bots in this site must be removed. I see a lot of people create few accounts to change the rating of only 1-2 shows by their likes. We saw how SnK's score changed... I saw 9 bots in one 'all members' page of Stein's Gate. This is just dumb. They should delete accounts that rated only 1-3 shows and then become inactive for 4 months or someting.
First FMAB fanboys did that now I'm seeing SnK fanboys doing the same it's so sad
Aug 9, 2019 10:52 AM

Aug 2017
Daeny-Nini said:
It doesn't really matter now cuz' FMAB's original and true score is back, the war is over.
It's not only FMAB. The bots are everywhere. And they get stacked in time.They should delete accounts that rated only 1-3 shows and then become inactive for 4 months or someting.
Ignoramus-Aug 9, 2019 3:01 PM
Aug 10, 2019 1:07 AM
Aug 2018
Ignoramus- said:
Daeny-Nini said:
It's not only FMAB. The bots are everywhere. And they get stacked in time.They should delete accounts that rated only 1-3 shows and then become inactive for 4 months or someting.

Yes but right now SNK fans are doing the same... Is it even possible to control that many bots and fake accounts when they can't even avoid major bugs ? xD MAL's moderation is lame tbh, don't expect too much from them.
Aug 10, 2019 9:53 AM

Aug 2019
SNK fans never did anything, the admin confirmed that what happened with FMA:B was a bug of the site, but because of the bug SNK won like 1000 1/10 scores from FMA and SG fans and its score dropped from 9.17 to 9.12 while all the other series stayed the same.

Yeah, I see only one series being affected by what happened.
Aug 10, 2019 11:19 AM

May 2016
cAbaddon said:
SNK fans never did anything, the admin confirmed that what happened with FMA:B was a bug of the site, but because of the bug SNK won like 1000 1/10 scores from FMA and SG fans and its score dropped from 9.17 to 9.12 while all the other series stayed the same.

I don't think SG fans did too much. The SG community is (imho) the most mature among the 3 (SG, SNK, FMA).
You can see it in the forums. The number of comments about this whole "FMA-bug problem"

SG forum: 86 comments
FMA:B forum: 203 comments
SNK S3 P2 forum: 293 comments

See? Most of SG fans give a shit about who is on the top spot!
-
Aug 10, 2019 11:21 AM

Jan 2013
The bots have been a problem for far longer than this "war" was a thing.
MAL will do nothing about them.
Aug 10, 2019 12:01 PM

May 2016
CondemneDio said:

MAL should re-organize its full score-system. That could solve the bot-problem too. An example:

MAL should find a way to weight every user's score (for example if a user gives almost all of his watched anime a 10, then I would say his opinion is not very reliable than another user who gives more realistic votes.

For example, this guy's opinion is more reliable in my opinion, since the distribution of his scores is following the normal distribution (most of his scores is 5, the less of his scores are 1 or 10):
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Junchi

But here is another user, whose score distribution indicates that he is not reliable if we are talking about qualities:
https://myanimelist.net/profile/-Aincrad-
(you can see him score distribution in his comments' signature)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution
-
Aug 10, 2019 12:05 PM

Jan 2013
SheevPalpatine said:
CondemneDio said:

MAL should re-organize its full score-system. That could solve the bot-problem too. An example:

MAL should find a way to weight every user's score (for example if a user gives almost all of his watched anime a 10, then I would say his opinion is not very reliable than another user who gives more realistic votes.

For example, this guy's opinion is more reliable in my opinion, since the distribution of his scores is following the normal distribution (most of his scores is 5, the less of his scores are 1 or 10):
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Junchi

But here is another user, whose score distribution indicates that he is not reliable if we are talking about qualities:
https://myanimelist.net/profile/-Aincrad-
(you can see him score distribution in his comments' signature)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution

That'd be good. Lots of users use only scores 7-10 which nudges the scores up.
Aug 10, 2019 1:32 PM
Jan 2017
cAbaddon said:

wtf sg fans did nothing about that and it's not everyone actually it's a hundred people or less creating fake accounts don't say like every fan are doing
Aug 13, 2019 3:14 AM

Aug 2017
Julio_Cesar99 said:
cAbaddon said:

wtf sg fans did nothing about that and it's not everyone actually it's a hundred people or less creating fake accounts don't say like every fan are doing
fake accounts or bots... they are getting stacked over time. And this is happening in every show. Mostly in popular shows. Stein's gate is not an exception.And i bet there are at least 20K total unneeded/fake accounts in this site.
Ignoramus-Aug 13, 2019 3:18 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

802 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Today, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - May 3, 2011

280 by Mahmoud636363 »»
Apr 9, 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.