Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 9, 2019 6:24 PM

Aug 2018
Nithirel said:
No, not really. I like Anime but everything I've read about and seen (documentaries and such) about actual Japanese society has pretty much given me the impression it's not a place that I, a non-Japanese person, would want to live.

Although the biggest reason is that I wouldn't be comfortable being around people who weren't fluent in English as I have no intention of learning a new language.

I'm not particularly a fan of watching documentaries, but I'm curious to know which ones have you seen that cover this topic? I'm interested in checking them out.
Aug 9, 2019 8:07 PM

Nov 2017
no i would not even though i would love to visit japan very often if i could.
Aug 9, 2019 8:32 PM

Mar 2008
I would only consider if I had someone there to move for. Otherwise I would feel lonely and too much an outsider and would have difficulty getting around. At most I would consider living there a few months but even that is pushing it. I have to visit before I could make that decision. There are European and Oceanic countries I would more likely move to.
Aug 9, 2019 8:50 PM
Mar 2016
Even if I spoke it fluently, had a shit ton of money, had Japanese friends, nah. Besides their food and anime, I don't think I'd want to learn their culture simply because I didn't grow up with it.
And incorporating politeness and respect while speaking seems like a pain
Aug 10, 2019 3:14 AM
May 2019
Watch out or you might end up as this guy
Aug 10, 2019 4:10 AM
Aug 2016
I used to want to live there, but not anymore. To go on a vacation sure, but I wouldn't want to move there. There are a lot of places I would want to go an visit besides Japan. Those are South Korea, China, Thailand, Vietnam, Spain, Egypt, Brazil, etc.
Aug 10, 2019 6:59 AM

Jul 2017
Naw, I love Japan and the media they've given us obviously but I have no intentions of living there. I would love to visit Akihabara someday but other than that I'm fine with respecting their culture from a distance and staying over here in the states. Don't have to go to Japan to enjoy my anime.
Aug 10, 2019 8:36 AM

Oct 2018
All the things I could get away with hihi.~

ァディスティックγͺθ€ƒγˆ
"JUST KILL ME."
γ‚΅γƒ‡γ‚£γ‚Ήγƒ†γ‚£γƒƒγ‚―γƒžγ‚€γƒ³γƒ‰
Aug 10, 2019 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
Xstasy said:
Watch out or you might end up as this guy

Lol, this guy brainwashed himself(about Japan) beforehand(first mistake right there!), then went to Japan to meet his imaginary watermelon-head-size girl, hahaha... man, what a crybaby idiot?!
Aug 10, 2019 9:14 AM

Oct 2014
FrankyP said:
Nithirel said:
No, not really. I like Anime but everything I've read about and seen (documentaries and such) about actual Japanese society has pretty much given me the impression it's not a place that I, a non-Japanese person, would want to live.

Although the biggest reason is that I wouldn't be comfortable being around people who weren't fluent in English as I have no intention of learning a new language.

I'm not particularly a fan of watching documentaries, but I'm curious to know which ones have you seen that cover this topic? I'm interested in checking them out.

I watch a whole lot, but here's one of many if you're interested. I'd recommend watching the whole thing as most of the beginning is just those being interviewed telling their stories, what they like about Japan, etc. About midway through they start talking about the ongoing issues with Japanese society and so on. Video.
Aug 10, 2019 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
No. It's a great place for a trip but I wouldn't be able to live there comfortably, what with the lack of adequate facilities for me (religiously and whatnot).
Aug 10, 2019 9:24 AM

Jul 2019
Yeah i probably want to stay there and migrate, not including anime stuff japan will most likely change me and im willing to take that chance. And for the language i can manage it as im currently learning japanese.
Aug 10, 2019 2:01 PM
Mar 2018
even though japan is pretty cool, i wouldnt want to move there. its a great place to go to vacation but to live there is a different experience that revolves around stress and overworking
Aug 10, 2019 3:49 PM

Jul 2019
already am at FeelsAmazingMan

but if I wasn't I'd go anyways
no description boi
Aug 10, 2019 4:39 PM

May 2016
Love the culture and people but nah I love the place I live now. I do want to vacation there a lot tho.
Aug 10, 2019 4:59 PM

Mar 2015
Don't you get, like, mega overtime there? I wouldn't like working my ass off 24/7. Kissing my bosses ass isn't my ideal situation either.

I could go on and on about how much I love Japan, but honestly, the entire work thing turns me completely off.
Unless I won the lottery, I wouldn't move there and live there permanently.
woah there
Aug 11, 2019 6:47 AM

Mar 2018
No, do not want to live there even though I can speak the language.
That is because of their point of view towards work and I'm actually fine with just visiting it once in a while.
Sure, you get things quicker, faster and whatnot. But their work culture is quite... something.

β˜†  PlayStation: KoitoTV
β˜†  Discord: Koito
β˜†  Twitch Koito
β˜†  @Koito91
Aug 11, 2019 10:33 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
The work culture is awful and Silicon Valley pays way more in my field (Computer Science and Engineering) so why the hell would I want to go to Japan? Only possible reason I could think of is if I moved there to be a voice actor banking on the fact whenever they have a voice actor playing an English speaking foreigner it sounds awful so I could possibly market myself to an agency (and then the agency could market me to the studios) as the guy who always plays that foreigner (so they can finally have it sound good) filling that niche possibly expanding to normal roles too if I learned Japanese thoroughly enough to act well in it and proved my chops in those other roles.

Although you never know if you'll get some totally random job offer one day from a foreign company for a lot of money by some luck (like so much it warrants moving for that kind of money). My Dad moved to Japan for a while because of a job offer, but Japan and South Korea and the other big tech countries can't compete with the monster giant Silicon Valley has become in the tech industry so I doubt that'll ever happen for me.
Aug 12, 2019 1:39 PM

Dec 2016
would rather not live in a place affected by natural disasters, and my lazy ass would struggle with the work culture.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Aug 12, 2019 3:47 PM

Jul 2019
No not really I used to when I was younger
Aug 13, 2019 3:27 AM

Nov 2018
I realize Japan isn't exactly like how Anime depicts it, and things are pretty daunting there sometimes. But for me, I do see Japan as a great place to live.

Yeah, their work culture is one of the worst I've seen due to how much effort they put into it, and their dependence on paperwork and solid cash is also pretty silly... But every nation/culture has their own flaws.

I've already picked up quite a bit of the language, and I'm planning to become fluent as the years go by too. I really love how much of a collective sense their society has. More than being aversive to foreigners, I would say they are just a bit uncomfortable because of how little there actually are in JP. The same can be said about any homogenous country.

I'm not saying I'm defo gonna settle in JP, but I wouldn't really mind it If i had to either :)
Aug 13, 2019 8:07 AM

Apr 2014
id visit but not live there. i feel like the language barrier is too much for me to overcome
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

669 by Hitagi__Furude »»
31 minutes ago

» What do you think about online friendship?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 21

41 by ShimmyShimmur »»
2 hours ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

14 by R-unknown »»
3 hours ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Today

23 by Rhaelynne »»
4 hours ago

» I got spooked by a water bottle

tsukareru - 11 hours ago

11 by Adverrito »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.