Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 7, 2019 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, that Zina Void girl seems to have a rivalry of sorts with Sakura this episode. Pretty intense stuff for this anime. An arm wrestling challenge seems rather fitting.

I find it interesting we also got some narrative and storytelling from Zina. Gj on Sakura winning though. Well deserved if you ask me. I want to see more of Zina in this anime as she's quickly becoming my favorite character.

Aug 7, 2019 7:37 AM

Apr 2010
Void is a typical Russian name...

Anyway an episode where Putin appears deserves a 10 out of 10.

Hibiki showing of her insane strength ones again which even the others can't explain.
And now she has a new rival because of it.
Aug 7, 2019 8:15 AM

Apr 2014
Never thought I would see the day when an anime has a swole Putin hugging a bear LOL

Aug 7, 2019 8:17 AM

Aug 2012

HAHAHAHA, IT'S FUCKING PUTIN POUTINE! Ok time for a week of jumping push-ups, nice bulk!
Aug 7, 2019 8:28 AM

Aug 2013
The whole arm-wrestling took a serious turn. Hibiki's expressions were funny as usual.

Comrade Poutine appeared lol.

Aug 7, 2019 8:35 AM

Sep 2018
Damn this girl is gonna be fun:D
Always nice to see Putin in all of his glory.....
well that's just my opinion.....
Aug 7, 2019 8:42 AM
Sep 2015
The best episode yet, they manage to sneak Kengan moment in this show. Also it's very rare to have two anime from same author air at the same season (Dumbbell/Kengan Ashura in Netflix).
Though I actually like the new exercise intro in Russian style, they're so obsess with bear LOL.
Aug 7, 2019 8:58 AM

Nov 2010
That battle manga feel was hilarious. Great episode once again.
Aug 7, 2019 9:11 AM

Nov 2016
The whole armwrestling segment was just gold.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 7, 2019 9:23 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
FMmatron said:
The whole armwrestling segment was just gold.

Exactly this! Machio v Hibiki and the buildup to it was bloody amazing, lol. It’s incredible to think that he’d to go serious there, just who is Hibiki xD?

Hilarious interview there with Zyd though and those Poutin references were lit. Looks like Zyd’s homestay with Hibiki has begun lmao, can’t wait to see where this goes!

Finally, jumping push-ups and push-ups are something I’m quite great at and arm-wrestling too for that matter so it’s good to feel the show touching upon one of my expertise lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 7, 2019 9:36 AM

Jan 2018
MrAwesome2018 said:

HAHAHAHA, IT'S FUCKING PUTIN POUTINE! Ok time for a week of jumping push-ups, nice bulk!

I LOVE HOW THEY REPRESENTED POUTINE HERE LMAOOOO...
I AM ALSO LOVING THAT RUSSIAN GIRL
I JUST LOVE RUSSIANS IN GENERAL
HARASHOOOO
Aug 7, 2019 9:56 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Okay then Comrade Poutine

I guess that'll be the meme screenshot of the week on Reddit
Aug 7, 2019 10:09 AM

Aug 2013
golden episode, that was so funny

also Touyama Nao said blyat.............
I never thought this day would come
VanschiaAug 7, 2019 10:12 AM
Aug 7, 2019 10:53 AM

Jul 2016
"Blyat".. LOL

Didn't expect to see Putin in here as well
Aug 7, 2019 11:07 AM

Aug 2014
Think a child between Machio and Hibiki :P
Aug 7, 2019 11:35 AM
Jan 2018
Thicc Girl is too OP!!
Aug 7, 2019 11:58 AM

Apr 2012
Из России с любовью, лол.

I never thought that I would see an anime girl with crush on hyper muscular Putin. Is this a kind of political statement or what? :D

@KlinyKlinn Это приятно слышать, товарищ. And if without jokes, then this episode has not the best timing.
RobertBobertAug 7, 2019 12:04 PM
Aug 7, 2019 12:10 PM

Aug 2018
This episode was amazing, my favorite by far ! Hibiki future One Punch Girl confirmed (she might already be it actually).

This Zina russian girl really looked cool, I like her chara design & the way she acts (full davaï style, adopting the Gasai style).
Aug 7, 2019 12:39 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The facial expressions in this show were absolutely hilarious.

Thiccbiki once more showing her superior raw power.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 7, 2019 12:50 PM

Dec 2015
That Putin imagery was hilarious. Sad, though, Zina doesn't realize Putin is an evil bitch. It's okay though, Zina is cute so I'll let her "comrade Putin" comments slide.
Aug 7, 2019 1:09 PM

Jul 2019
In Poutine's Russia bear trains you.
Aug 7, 2019 1:13 PM

Jun 2017
Sakura the destroyer lol.

Zina is a nice addition.

(also dat Putin wow)
Aug 7, 2019 1:37 PM

Apr 2012
Not sure what arm wrestling is doing in a training anime but it was fun in its own right.

Also I trained before watching the show, no feeling guilty this week.
Aug 7, 2019 2:20 PM

Apr 2019
phantomfandom said:
The best episode yet, they manage to sneak Kengan moment in this show. Also it's very rare to have two anime from same author air at the same season (Dumbbell/Kengan Ashura in Netflix).
Though I actually like the new exercise intro in Russian style, they're so obsess with bear LOL.

Exactly, that episode show me that it's in the same universe as Kengan Ashura, I mean, the fighters coming, some of them smoking, the bright-dark eyes and the best...HIBIKI on Tokita Ouma MODE!

And most important, this anime plays with its own stereotypes and keep being that motivating since the OP, which is AWESOME is just so COOL!
Aug 7, 2019 2:26 PM

May 2018
Oh finally white hair girl appears.
Aug 7, 2019 3:30 PM

May 2015
that was absolutely hilarious, I love this damn show
Aug 7, 2019 3:41 PM

Apr 2015
Machio vs Hibiki arm wrestle was DOPE! That was so brilliantly done... To think Machio had to get serious there... gotta love the facial expressions too.

Hibiki beat Zina with such brute force, she ripped her shirt... she's following into Machio's footsteps at this rate, such gold XD

Poutin, just wow XD

I just love how the Anime doesn't take itself serious, but on the other side, it does. Quite a good combination if you ask me.

Best episode so far!
Aug 7, 2019 5:41 PM

Oct 2017
Each time I watch this show, it really makes me want to go to the gym for the first time ever, which will make me spend money. Zina the Russian is very cute, not as much as Hibiki, but still cute.

I'll dissent here with the Putin reference, it really upset me, I don't like at all his meddling in Latin American affairs, especially in Venezuela. My country Chile cannot receive more Venezuelan refugees that escape from an insane criminal regime supported by Vlad.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Aug 7, 2019 5:44 PM

Mar 2018
The episode was hilarious.
Russian girl bringing russian cliches + rival character
I like it

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 7, 2019 6:28 PM
May 2017
They just went full Jojo with this episode, and I LOVE IT!!

And also, Putin is in the anime too, HOLY SHIT!! Instant 5/5 episode.

Aug 7, 2019 6:48 PM

Feb 2017
Zina is great but Sakura, Machio & those sexy poses of sensei & akemi stole the episode from her.

Aug 7, 2019 7:17 PM

Mar 2016
MrAwesome2018 said:

We've just witnessed the beggining of another russian-japanese war, lol
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Aug 7, 2019 8:01 PM

Jul 2015
Best episode of the show. Easy 10/10 for the whole package.
Aug 7, 2019 8:21 PM

Aug 2013
The JoJo and Fist of the North Star vibes were too strong. I dig it
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 7, 2019 9:35 PM

Aug 2015
Welcome to Canada, Comrade Poutine

Zina copying Kanuka's Patlabor 1 entrance

What's the deal with Russians always having white hair? That's another manga stereotype that Zina is adhering to I guess lol Makes sense since Zina is max chuuni

Aug 7, 2019 10:01 PM

Jan 2013
Zina is hilarious. you would think with Hibiki's luck in everything that she would lose especially since Zina has the debut character advantage lol

and LOL Poutine
Aug 7, 2019 10:03 PM
Mar 2017
So our new girl comes from Russia, Zina came looking for a challenge and made the mistake of not taking Sakura seriously.

I loved the motivation that Sakura put to participate in the arm wrestling competition, although she did it for the money, even so her powerful determination was epic.
Machio's section this week was really hot, Akemi and Satomi sensei were the models and the fanservice was generous, Machio's explanation of what parts of the body are used to compete in arm wrestling while we see the beautiful bodies of Akemi and Satomi. ..damn was a nice detail and that ending with Akemi over Satomi sensei ufff...really hot.

Sakura is on another level in terms of strength, she defeated the beautiful Ayaka in a matter of seconds, the faces were epically hilarious, a battle manga tribute very funny.
But even so, I was surprised that Sakura made Machio have to use all his strength so he could win over Sakura.

When the day of the competition came Sakura was the only one who was going to compete with another girl, poor Akemi could not go because she caught a cold, but even so Zina gave a very intimidating impression at the beginning and poor Sakura was afraid to lose, but when Zina underestimated her, this made Sakura angry and she took the competition very seriously and she ended up beating Zina, the part where Sakura breaks part of her shirt was hilarious.

It was a fun surprise that Zina transferred to the girls' school in search of revenge against Sakura, and her personality is more friendly and adorable (I had several flashbacks with Karen from Kirino Mosaic, maybe it's because Nao Touyama is VA , I like her accent in Russian).
I laughed a lot with her presentation to the class, poor thing she didn't know that Sakura was going to the class next door.
I must say that I loved the girls' new school uniforms.
Zina seems to be a martial artist specialized in the Sambo, a combat discipline born in Russia.
Poutine really made me laugh for a while, Zina really takes Comrade Poutine's word seriously.
Zina's lesson was too entertaining, she is really earning points to be loved by the audience.

The surprise at the end of the episode had me laughing out loud, Zina will be living next to Sakura since her family will be Zina's host, Sakura's face at the end was so hilarous.

Zina had a great introduction, now it only remains to see how her character develops now that she will live with her rival during the next episodes.
Aug 7, 2019 10:13 PM

Jul 2016
Gotta love Machio's training segments. Both Akemi and Tachibana-sensei were just... damn.

Excellent episode. Absolutely hilarious though seeing a muscular Putin hugging a bear was a bit too much for me to handle xD
SouthRzVaAug 7, 2019 10:18 PM
Aug 7, 2019 11:37 PM

Oct 2018
"Her strength! It's like... the Siberian Tundra!"

*proceeds to show snowy mountains instead of tundra*

I honestly love seeing misguided Japanese stereotypes for foreign phenomena, it isn't often you get to see such clear-cut examples of a foreign mindset (at least as an American), but anime is a great way to do just that. Russia is all snowy mountains? From a Japanese perspective perhaps, since most of Russia's mountains are focused in the east. For Westerners? Good luck finding so much as a hill west of the Urals.
Aug 8, 2019 2:12 AM
Oct 2016
SAAAAIDOO CHESTOOOO!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2019 2:34 AM

Oct 2014
This is the best episode so far! Animation during the arm sumo is great. The Jojo reference is very funny.

Now that the girls are complete, this anime will be a lot more interesting
Aug 8, 2019 2:39 AM

Mar 2014
No one gonna mention the kipping?