Forum Settings
Forums

If you could have any video game given an anime, what would it be?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 7, 2019 4:34 AM

Oct 2017
NieR, Fairy Fencer F, The Gray Garden
Aug 7, 2019 4:41 AM
Aug 2018
Metal Gear Solid
God of War
Red Dead Redemption (especially RDR 2)
Metro (2033, Last Night and Exodus)
Shenmue
more Resident Evil
more Devil May Cry
more Kingdom Hearts
more Final Fantasy
more The Legend of Zelda
Aug 7, 2019 4:42 AM

Mar 2018
The Witcher 3 (The Main Quests and DLC). The Side Quests could be fillers.
Aug 7, 2019 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
petran79 said:
A Shantae game by Studio Trigger
Oh.... Wait!

Oh shit dude, can't believe I forgot about Shantae.
Aug 7, 2019 12:22 PM

Mar 2015
Fate/Grand Order Shinjuku chapter

Guess there's League too. I'd love a show, anime or whatever, based on it's lore.
Aug 7, 2019 12:45 PM

Apr 2019
simple really,
Doki Doki Literature Club!
it has many elements to become a fine anime for us to watch like: cute girls, "Basic" highschool story, Gore, depression, etc.

If you never played the game, then i shall highly recommend it to you!!
:)
Aug 7, 2019 12:52 PM

Jun 2016
Not to sure. But if I wanted an anime to become a video game I would want Made In Abyss

It's one of favorite worlds in any anime and I would just love to explore every corner of each level. Maybe to give us more freedom for exploration we could just play as another character that wants to journey to the bottom and acquires better gear the lower goes like an open world rpg.

It would be so sick!
Aug 7, 2019 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
gleamblossom said:
Give me a Skyrim isekai just so that the protagonist can wake up in the back of that carriage after getting hit by a truck.

I'd watch that and I don't even like isekai heh
also Bioshock ( any ), Bloodborne & Witcher ( preferably 3 )
Aug 7, 2019 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
Diggelenburg said:
simple really,
it has many elements to become a fine anime for us to watch like: cute girls, "Basic" highschool story, Gore, depression, etc.

Yes, I think DDLC's popularity is for good reason. Tbh I think it's a story that works best as a game/visual novel, and I have trouble imagining an adaptation being nearly as good. But I'd be more than happy to give it a try, if an anime were to come out. I'd be skeptical, but I'd be hopeful. If they managed to adapt it well, it could be a very unique and super cool watch.
Aug 7, 2019 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
Just imagining how ballers a Cave Story anime would be ...
Aug 7, 2019 1:20 PM

Jun 2016
Second to Bioshock, be cool if they could expand on the universe.
Second to Transistor and Yakuza as well.

I would add FF VI, directed by Mamoru Oshii, since he also directed Angel's egg which has art based on Yoshitaka Amano. I would prefer though, since it's Oshii, he did some kind of exploration of Kefka's subconscious and made it more dementia like Angel's Egg instead of all the grand fantasy elements. Or he could combine both but that would be difficult.
Aug 7, 2019 1:30 PM

Jul 2007
Aidyr said:
EndlessMaria said:

Uuuuu! I would LOVE to buy a Kaho poster. Who is the artist? I'm freaking sad I missed out on buying the physical special edition for Switch because it came with a Momodora poster and super cute Kaho stickers. But I guess Limited Run Games only had preorders for the special edition available for just one day. I bought the regular physical edition for Switch and it is expected to arrive next month. I bought the game on Steam a couple years ago and that is the platform I've been playing it on.

I would have to agree with you that second encounter Lubella and Pardoner Fennel are some of the best boss battles. I also greatly enjoyed Archpriestess Choir and Duchess Lupiar with Magnolia. Particularly Pardoner Fennel and Duchess Lupiar with Magnolia are highly difficult to defeat without taking a hit.

[url=https://www.deviantart.com/banzatou/art/Momodora-Kaho-664869801[/url]

That's what I bought a poster of, as well as the artist who drew it. :) I didn't look through her page so idk if there's a way you could order it without meeting her at a con. But I hope you're able to snag one somehow.

As great a fight as it is, fighting Fennel always makes me kinda sad ngl. It makes me wonder why Kaho doesn't bother telling her that they're on the same side, but emotions were just running too high it seems. (I bet though. I have trouble not being hit by some of the lesser, plot insignificant bosses. I can't imagine fighting her or Lipiar and Magnolia like that.)

Uuuuu thanks! I like this pic of Kaho a lot. I will obtain Momodora merch one way or another!

And yeah, Kaho being a silent protag kinda makes it so Fennel doesnt have a chance. I see it as Fennel being so caught in her own ways that she refuses to even listen to what Kaho says. Though I suppose that is my head canon xD
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Aug 7, 2019 1:37 PM

Oct 2018
anyone in for Metal gear solid? I think it's going to be awesome imo
Aug 7, 2019 1:39 PM
Aug 2013
Mass Effect already got one but I'd like a new/better one in that universe

and also Witcher would be awesome. Elder Scrolls/Fallout also could have a cool OVA/ONA in a spin off story of sorts
Imagination is a weapon. Those who don't use it die first.
Aug 7, 2019 1:47 PM

Jan 2011
Drakensang and Nier hands down for me.

Yakuza and Metro also.
supreme master of the godtaste
Aug 7, 2019 1:56 PM
Aug 2018
for me its call of duty bo1 and bo2, bo3 i havent played it yet but i think that it will suck, nier automata bc thighs, and shadow of mordor and shadow of war bc i wanna see talion be a fucking badass slicing orc heads and chopping arms of with badass executions and hey lets not forgot about celebrimbor saying "SUFFER ME NOW!!", fuck just thinking about this is making me peepee hard lol
Aug 7, 2019 2:05 PM

Jul 2015
Definitely "NieR:Automata".
I'm baffled that it still doesn't have an anime.
Also, Tales of Berseria.
Just two episodes are not enough for such an amazing character as Velvet.

Aug 7, 2019 2:06 PM
May 2019
Minecraft. Steve and Alex would be a good couple
Aug 7, 2019 2:08 PM

Jul 2016
Soul Calibur. Anime needs Ivy Valentine's ass.
Aug 7, 2019 2:13 PM

Oct 2017
Nier. The entire series. It's fantastic content for an anime. Epic story spanning across eons. Beautiful women and art in general.

I'd also like to see Final Fantasy VI in anime form. It wouldn't be as good as Nier (if Nier were done right) but that game has a special place in my heart and it would be amazing to see it played out as an anime.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Aug 7, 2019 2:14 PM
May 2019
It wold definitely be Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Witcher, Final Fantasy

Edit: Bioshock as well I forgot to mention it
XstasyAug 7, 2019 2:31 PM
Aug 7, 2019 2:18 PM

Jul 2007
IpreferEcchi said:

Can her ass even be properly animated?
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Aug 7, 2019 2:22 PM

Jul 2019
People have already mentionned Zelda but precisely Majora's Mask or Twilight Princess.

Dishonored would be really nice.

All of the Layton franchise, the games are literally a plot with puzzles you have to solve. (Also Professor's Layton dub voice makes me nut so I'd definitively like an anime where he talks as the games only have him talk in some scenes.)
Aug 7, 2019 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
IpreferEcchi said:

I'd like to make special mention of Skullgirls. The girls are all cute/sexy af (Well... most of them I suppose.) And it'd make for a pretty interesting story. It could go a few ways, but I imagine it'd be either a sorta action/adventure anime or one long tournament arc.

Anime needs Valentine's entire body.
Aug 7, 2019 2:25 PM
May 2019
Everlasting Summer is a very good one, visual novel
Aug 7, 2019 2:27 PM

Oct 2018
gratifyy said:
resident evil 4
any bioshock game
Any fire emblem game

There was an OVA based on FE: Mystery of the Emblem, but the franchise does deserve more anime adaptations. I also wouldn't mind another Animal Crossing adaptation or a Katamari anime.
Aug 7, 2019 2:28 PM

Oct 2017
Undertale Anime would be really nice and cool.
If you bother to search, alot of people already made some super cool boss fight animation, like Genocide Sans and Undyne and Metatron.

If this has a fully flashed out anime with 12 episodes it'd be super cool.
I think they need to do it Pacifist first then Genocide next .
Ventus_SAug 7, 2019 2:45 PM
Aug 7, 2019 3:43 PM

Dec 2014
tekken and some rpg maker games would be great
Aug 7, 2019 3:47 PM

Mar 2019
TimeSplitters, I haven't thought about that game in forever but it came to mind first when I read this post.
Aug 7, 2019 4:08 PM
Jul 2018
I was going to say Need for Speed... But we have Initial D.

So.

Assassin's Creed, with Desmond as the MC. I think it would fit as an isekai. Well... Wait a second. AC is an isekai!
Aug 7, 2019 4:18 PM

Dec 2016
Star Wolves - mercenaries in space with 80' style of animation. Surely would be heavily episodic, given loose lore-related connection in form of news transmissions, overheard dialogue from traders, law enforcers, etc or occasional episode devoted to story (this being empire's and corporations' pursuit after alien technology and general power struggle in regards to ruling the realm. To spice things up, one of corpos developed an AI which went rogue, bailed and established a fleet of automous drones and capital ships which, unsuprisingly, poses a threat to everyone). Of course the justification is either of the two parties can hire the mercenaries, thus starting the story episode.

Alternatively: Split/Second - Racing tournament with explosions and overall carnage wrapped in a TV show format (game-wise)
Aug 7, 2019 4:22 PM

Sep 2016
I’d love to see an Under Night In-Birth anime.
Aug 7, 2019 4:31 PM
Dec 2017
ofc
Bioshock triology
Red Dead triology
or God of war
because they have great stories ,
Aug 7, 2019 4:55 PM

Nov 2017
Brave Fencer Musashi would make an amazing anime!
Aug 7, 2019 5:05 PM

Oct 2015
Kingdom Hearts, The World Ends With You, Hotel Dusk Room 215, Jake Hunter or anything with a noir feel.
Aug 7, 2019 5:05 PM
Jul 2018
An actual good adaptation of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, an actual good adaptation of Code Realize...

Mostly I kind of want the other way around, Made in Abyss would make a sick game.
Aug 7, 2019 6:28 PM

Jun 2012
Final Fantasy Four with the Yoshitaka Amano designs
Have Mamoru Nagano tackle the airships and miscellaneous machinery..
Get to work.

Aug 7, 2019 6:30 PM
Feb 2019
Maybe zelda breath of the wild if it’s made by studio ghibli. After all, link’s design is inspired by princess mononoke.
Aug 7, 2019 6:35 PM
Jul 2018
_katzura_ said:
Maybe zelda breath of the wild if it’s made by studio ghibli. After all, link’s design is inspired by princess mononoke.

Oh I didn't know that. That'd be pretty damn cool to see though. I've never gotten super into the Zelda games, but I imagine the world would look really pretty in Ghibli's style.
Aug 7, 2019 6:38 PM

Feb 2017
I'd pick my personal favorites: Nier Automata and DarkStalkers (a whole animated series, not just a couple of OVAs).
Other could be the Phantasy Star Saga, Fire Emblem or most probably the Soul Calibur saga.
We are EVERYWHERE...
Aug 7, 2019 6:41 PM

Feb 2017
Yikes. I could pick quite a few, but I think there's two that really stand out for me.

Bloodborne would probably make an amazing shounen-esque anime. Plus, the horror vibes are rare, so it'd stand out a bit.

The Witcher 3. It's such an immersive fantasy world that I feel like an anime would pull people in if it was done as well as the games narrative.

Aug 7, 2019 7:06 PM

Jun 2014
Deus Ex series
Yakuza series
Mass Effect (only the first one, the rest can go away)
Thief 1-3
LA Noire
Bloodborne
Metroid
Aug 7, 2019 7:08 PM

Jan 2012
Well, maybe some eroge that aren't already adapted...

I mostly play FPS games and I think that any of them would be really shitty as an anime when compared to the game itself.

The degree of freedom you have to do things your way is what makes games great. An anime would essentially take away this most enjoyable aspect. You'd essentially be watching the game story with any otherwise interactive bits done someone else's (most likely less fun) way.
Aug 7, 2019 7:22 PM

Apr 2017
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge.

It's western and a bit old now but this series would make a fantastic anime. It features a dieselpunk world with airships and giant air battles with exotic planes.

I'd also love a Front Mission anime. I'm surprised one hasn't been made already.

Another one would be Wet. It was an underrated hack n' slash from the mid 2000s and its style would adapt perfectly to an anime.

Diggelenburg said:
simple really,

I will have to strongly disagree with you. The fact that it is a VN is what makes the storytelling unique. To put it into any other medium would defeat the entire purpose and strip it of what makes it unique.
ArcFloofAug 7, 2019 7:32 PM
Awoo :3
Aug 7, 2019 7:55 PM
Jul 2019
kingdom hearts. the anime would be kind of cool. there have been manga's and rumours about an anime but nothing concrete. they could adapt it so the story was less confusing and change the order of the storieso it is chronological.
Aug 7, 2019 8:01 PM

Jul 2019
Well i wouldn't mind Suikoden 1 and 2? They even had a Visual Novel called, Suikogaiden so why not?
Aug 7, 2019 8:05 PM
Jul 2017
I would say Skyrim having an anime under wit studio and Fallout under Madhouse. I guess Red Dead Redemption under David production could act as a good substitute for Steel Ball Run if they decide not to animate part 7.
Aug 7, 2019 8:31 PM

Jun 2015
I'm so sad the Persona 2 anime never came into fruition. That commercial looked amazing.

My pick these days would probably have to be Chrono Trigger or the Quintet Trilogy on the SNES, though. There's so much to pick from.

💖 𝐼'𝓂 𝒽𝒶𝓎𝒹𝑒𝓃❣ 💖

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 💝 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 💝 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝒯𝓊𝒷𝑒 💝 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆
💝 𝑀𝓎𝐹𝒾𝑔𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒞𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 💝
Aug 7, 2019 8:41 PM

Aug 2009
Pers- Nope. Already a thing.

Devil Ma- Nope. Already a thing.

Bayon- Nope.

Senra- No. Sword Ar- No. Ikkitou- No. Castleva- No. Final Fant- No. Tales of- No. Metal Ge- No.

Aug 8, 2019 1:28 AM

Nov 2017
Hi, OP. Here's my list of JRPGs I'd love to see given an anime adaptation :

1. Lunar : Silver Star Story Complete.

Would love to see the banter between the party members, Alex, Nash, Kyle, Luna, Mia, and Jessica as they go on their journey to defeat the Magic Emperor.

2. Tales of Legendia.

Why ? Because it has villains that you love to hate.

3. Star Ocean 3

Why ? Because it has both magic and sci-fi elements, though the story might get a little bit too serious and lack of comedy ( if follow the game's story and character interactions by the book )
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

176 by ColourWheel »»
35 minutes ago

» angry sub only users

Yorda_trico - 6 hours ago

42 by Zarutaku »»
36 minutes ago

» What is your most re-watched anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

48 by MeguSae38 »»
47 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

32 by ISeeLifePeople »»
49 minutes ago

» Anime show good at portraying female drama/toxicity?

passtur - Yesterday

36 by LostSpectre »»
55 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.