Forum Settings
Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2019 6:58 AM

Nov 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
As expected, Rui friendzoned Kajita, says something like "Rui you love, is who she is today because of Natsuo". Because she was not in the list of winners, she remained in New York, while the Chef boy went to Japan.
Seems, next chapter Hina will make her move, since she get tickets from her colleague to the "couple traveling"...
BTW No chapter next week. But on next issue we will see сolor spread, with the girls in yukatas...
Akagi-kunAug 6, 2019 8:33 AM
Aug 6, 2019 9:26 AM
Jul 2017
No brainer rejection. Was hoping for something different. Also rui not coming to Japan equals that no fight over Natsuo for time being. Equals that Hina gets time with him. So it's Hina's probably final few chances to make a move. But I see a possibility of a rui ending Now. But it depends on the next 2 chapters.
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Aug 6, 2019 1:23 PM
May 2017
Not really surprised with the rejection. But to me it looked like it isn't the end of Kajita yet. That so called "rejection" from Rui felt ambiguous compared to Nat's rejection to Miyabi. No offense, just saying, because i rather like Kajita. He deserves to be loved.

Meanwhile, a 2 long week wait until i see my girl's chapter.

Aug 6, 2019 2:14 PM
Feb 2019
Damn. Hina gets to make her move, hopefully Natsuo just rejects her but tbh I have no clue how it will play out. Natsuo and Rui both have feelings for eachother but there other side of the world. Well no chapter next week so 2 week wait /:
Aug 6, 2019 7:43 PM
Sep 2015
Rui rejecting Kajita was no surprise. His telling her that he realizes he was a jerk was truly a surprise! Rui staying in New York, a small surprise, but because she didn't place in the competition, I can see why she would want to stay.
The advantage of Rui staying in New York is that now Hina has some time to make a move. She has tickets for a "Couples dinner cruise", so who will she ask? Do we REALLY need to guess that she'll take Natsuo out for dinner and maybe confess after a few cocktails? I see this being the parallel to Kajita's confession though. Nat will turn Hina down politely.
I feel we need Natsuo to start writing again though. Rewriting a script will be my guess for the thing that does it. Once that happens, all will be right in Japan and it will be time for Rui to return.
Aug 6, 2019 10:23 PM

May 2015
I really like the fact that Kajita took that rejection in stride, and wasn't a bitter asshole about it. Despite how much I dislike the idea of him and Rui together, I won't deny that he's a good dude. Hopefully he'll find someone else in the future.

Aug 7, 2019 9:33 AM

Nov 2011
I think Rui staying in America will somehow get Natsuo to come to America. I just feel like the next arc will be Hinas last chance. However I think she'll come up short.

People still hate Kajita? Lol. His development was better then Serizawas imo.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 7, 2019 12:11 PM

Feb 2019
That's my girl, Rui! I knew you wouldn't let me down. Bye Felicia..I mean Kajita.
Aug 7, 2019 12:55 PM

Nov 2011
I can see Hina and Natsuo going on that Cruise ship with Kajita being one of the chefs. Them meeting and Kajita relaying the news that Rui still loves him. Just an idea.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 7, 2019 2:19 PM

Mar 2018
I wrote about this in last chapters topic too, but how Miyabi and Kajita got off the hook was so cheap in my opinion.They were not the main reason but played a big part in breakup.Natsuo and Rui's uneasiness about them was right in the end, both made a move.I hope we atleast get a chapter where Nat and Rui talk about this.

Rui looks like the end game by the way.(Hina will make the first move, get some focus, maybe even a relationship with Nat.Then Rui comes back and makes her move)I'm not on either camp, but this is what I get with talks about manga ending in 20-30 chapters.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Aug 7, 2019 2:50 PM

Dec 2018
And now we wait till Hina gets her ass kicked =P
Aug 7, 2019 11:01 PM
May 2017
Marcos_Aspira said:
And now we wait till Hina gets her ass kicked =P

Sorry but it won't be that easy, junior :P
Aug 8, 2019 4:23 PM

Jun 2015
I am glad he didn't take the rejection too badly. Now this manga has completely come full circle with Rui vs Hina. I think Natsuo is going to end up going to America if Rui stays there.
:)
Aug 8, 2019 9:13 PM

Apr 2012
Literally no clue what is going on anymore lol. I feel like the way that Sasuga is writing the story she is going to make Hina have a mini arc and then Rui will come home last second and take him back.

Coming from a Hina fan I have a strong speculation that it might play that way but who knows. Rui is still on good terms with Kajita and no one really can predict what is going to happen...

God help us all.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 8, 2019 10:00 PM

Nov 2012
I may be wrong, but I just don't think Natsuo will accept a relationship with Hina during the trip, if he agrees to the trip (although I know he will agrees). I just don't see a single hint from Chapter 216 that he sees her as a love interest. Although, I'd say, that phone conversation between him and Rui, too, was more look like on dialogue between brother and sister. Now the relationships between Hina, Rui on the one hand and Natsuo on the other at the same level and will be built anew. And I would say that each of the characters has problems that they need to solve before they startedstart their moves. For Hina - with personal growth, for Natsuo with trust and his writer's block, for Rui also with trust. So, Sasuga left loopholes for each of the characters, which can be used in writing the final story. And I'm waiting.
Akagi-kunAug 8, 2019 10:10 PM
Aug 9, 2019 3:24 AM

Nov 2012
Akagi-kun said:
I just don't see a single hint from Chapter 216 that he sees her as a love interest

Although he did give a little hint, of that he hadn't forgotten his old feelings, just before Rui called...
Aug 10, 2019 11:22 PM
Aug 2019
Saya harap bisa update setiap hari komik domestic na kanojo atau release season 2 domestic na kanojo😇
Aug 11, 2019 5:19 AM
Jul 2017
Scanlations anybody?
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Aug 12, 2019 9:05 AM
Jun 2011
oh boy! I don't really like Kajita at all it seems he is stealing her from Natsuo! Luckily he was rejected by Rui. Having said that, the whole time I was always for teamHina but now that I see more Rui, she kinda grew on me. It is indeed true that Hina character development is kinda not happening at all and she is still the same person that dumped Nat before, despite the fact that she loves him.

I don't really want to see NatxHina even though I am on her side. NatxRui sounds better to me even though I think it will be more likely that he ends up with Hina. I can't wait to see how he will resume writing! I am happy that Kajita now will be out for a while.

I feel like both ending NatxHina or NatxRui will leave a bittersweet after taste. Why can't they both stay with him?? XD
I hope it will be going until vol. 30 so we get to see more but I can't wait for them to come out.
Aug 12, 2019 6:18 PM
Apr 2015
SoraSenpai said:
I can see Hina and Natsuo going on that Cruise ship with Kajita being one of the chefs. Them meeting and Kajita relaying the news that Rui still loves him. Just an idea.

This I can get behind. I actually hope this happens. Even though I am kinda impartial on which side to take, mostly Hina but leaning towards rui.
Aug 13, 2019 8:05 AM
Nov 2018
I see that DomeKano is trying to continue the legacy of Shokugeki no Soma, although in a decidedly less Shounen way.
Aug 13, 2019 8:51 AM
Mar 2015
Poor guy After all his efforts he has to hear about Natsuo as they go their separate ways
Aug 13, 2019 11:04 PM
May 2019
yugi154 said:
SoraSenpai said:

This I can get behind. I actually hope this happens. Even though I am kinda impartial on which side to take, mostly Hina but leaning towards rui.

After hearing this Natchan jumps off the ship and swims to america
Aug 15, 2019 6:56 PM
Jan 2019
SoraSenpai said:

That’s honestly a really good idea I wouldn’t mind that happening, then right before Hina is about to confess Kajita tells him that and maybe Natsuo will go to America or Hina will confess and stop him/ not stop him from going
Aug 16, 2019 1:08 PM
Nov 2014
Nice girl, Rui. Just like we planned
Mar 2, 2020 3:14 PM

Dec 2019
After the break up i was kinda hopeless but this chapter gave me some hope for natsuo x rui i hope it comes true.
                                                         🖤   

Mar 23, 2022 2:14 AM

May 2020
After Miyabi now Kajita. Seems Sasuga close the hole of relationship within minor character. It supposed to be Natsuo with Hina or Rui or both, he is haarem after all. And it seems rushed.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 187 Discussion

Shikkakku - Jan 3, 2020

4 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 19, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 270 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Short_Circut - Apr 21, 2020

83 by Saijiroo »»
Mar 24, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 276 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Short_Circut - Jun 8, 2020

220 by Lord_Deathsuki »»
Mar 15, 12:23 PM

» For the sake of happiness...

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

3 by itzswxzy »»
Mar 13, 8:57 AM

» What I Think.......

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

4 by Kidzuna »»
Mar 13, 12:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.