Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 158 Discussion

Aug 5, 2019 9:35 AM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Cannot get my enough Iino! ❤ Oh, man! I am loving it seeing how she is becoming aware of our resident boy Ishii~ ❤
<< Why Takemoto Uruka is a Super Woman!

Aug 5, 2019 6:30 PM
SoL Enthusiast

Iino was so cute on the last page. I guess she is starting to realise her feelings.
:)

Aug 5, 2019 7:08 PM

Looks like iino is about to notice her own feelings for ishigami. This is good

And lmao aka dissing the furries Based indeed

Aug 5, 2019 7:58 PM
As I said two chapters ago, people should not jump to conclusions about a character and call them toxic without paying attention to small gestures/expressions, etc. This chapter only emphasizes the point that Iino is just an awkward teen with even more difficulty expressing herself than Ishigami. Moreover, even if she was acting smug, it was her friend in the glasses who really put the idea in her head in the first place. And it was obvious from jump street that Iino was doing that because she enjoyed the attention all on her from him without realizing it was feelings developing.

Point in case, people should wait until an arc finishes before jumping on the hate wagon. This was my stance with Ice Kaguya as well. Even with a few rough chapters the payoff was ultimately what mattered to me, which was very good development for Kaguya and Shirogane. The same is happening for Ishigami and Iino atm, and I wish people would be more willing to actually let things play out before making up their mind about stuff they just assume is true.

Aug 5, 2019 8:14 PM

This chapter really fleshed out a lot of stuff, now Tsubame's actions from Christmas eve make more sense and her hesitation to date again makes even more sense(the whole "i'll be to far away" now seems more like a facade).

Now Iino is starting to realize her feelings Ishigami, though I do wonder why her friend thinks its not a good thing.
My Queens

Aug 5, 2019 8:25 PM

what is love baby...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Aug 5, 2019 8:26 PM

Finally, Iino started to realize her feelings didn't knew that senpai dated someone before also did not like that megane I mean it's just the weird feeling I got.

Aug 5, 2019 11:12 PM
Finally Iino and Ishigami's feeling connect

Aug 5, 2019 11:36 PM

aww poor tsubame, hope that cheating guy dies somehow

Aug 6, 2019 1:51 AM

Iino is cute as always, and a bit weird in her way =/ So she is going to slowly realize feelings to Ishigami. Why is Osaragi against it, cause Ishigami is not seeing her that way and it will hurt her even more.
Like more characterization for Rei.

Aug 6, 2019 3:16 AM

Looks like Iino is about to realize that she likes Ishigami but I think she'll just hide it and be Tsundere

Aug 6, 2019 4:00 AM

the Tsundere Iino is awakening.......
Modified by Farmaceut, Aug 6, 2019 4:03 AM
well that's just my opinion.....

Aug 6, 2019 4:03 AM
Finally Iino realized her feelings toward our guy Ishigami, i wonder why the glassed friend was pretty againts it?? Only time will tell~

Aug 6, 2019 4:35 AM

ohh boy I hope the confession is gonna be a blast this time

Aug 6, 2019 5:01 AM
What I don't get is how is glasses girl considered hot by so many guys?
I mean onodera and iino both look better than her.
Maybe if she removed her glasses we could get a clear picture.
Also nice chapter. Iino finally getting to her feelings.
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."

Aug 6, 2019 6:38 AM

The time for our guy Ishigami is finally coming...
The word "overrated" has lost it's meaning.

Aug 6, 2019 9:14 AM

Oh... yeet
best line in the history of the anime/manga industry

Also damn, this Iino ship is going full steam ahead
'On-Hold' is another way for a completionist to say 'Dropped'

Aug 6, 2019 11:27 AM
I doubt Ishigami is going to be able to move on from Tsubame so quickly. Wonder how Iino would feel about that.
Modified by RogueCitizen64, Aug 6, 2019 2:01 PM

Aug 6, 2019 1:54 PM
Maki's arms

I loved the banter between those girls in Iino's room. Funny as pheck
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 6, 2019 4:35 PM

-Mahesvara said:
Now Iino is starting to realize her feelings Ishigami, though I do wonder why her friend thinks its not a good thing.

From many a chapter back, it was shown that Koba holds Iino really dearly and truly wants her to be happy. She is the only one who knows how Ishii has been looking after Iino for a long time. She is the only one who probably knows/realized that Iino's prince charming that she talks about has been Ishii.

The teddy bear giving her a princess carry also touches upon that she still has this idealized world where someone will treat her as a princess. The arm break situation is practically giving her the platform that she yearned for over the years. The way Ishii offered her his hand and said he would protect her could be more than enough for her to enter into this idealized world she yearns for.

And now imagine Ishii suddenly starts looking like her destined person when he really doesn't see her that way.

>Koba wants Iino to be happy
>Ishii can make her happy

but the gamble is too high that he would return her feelings. And hence Koba's inner monologue kicked in.

Aug 7, 2019 8:28 AM

Onodera is such a wingwoman, it's almost suspicious.

The wind is strong, when will the ship sail ? (even though it's obvious there's still a long way to go)

Aug 7, 2019 1:20 PM

I don't get why Osaragi is thinking that it's bad for Iino to realise her feelings. Because Ishigami already likes Tsubame?

Aug 7, 2019 1:45 PM

Aw, Maki. I hope you don't break a bone.

It was nice to have girls' talk between Iino, Onodera, and Osaragi. Onodera is concerned about how Iino will turn out in society. I also wonder what Osaragi looks like behind her thick-looking glasses.

Oh! I can understand Tsubame's rejection better now. It seems good to avoid being in a relationship until she wants to date again.

If Osaragi is worried about Iino's growing feelings toward Ishigami, there must be a reason why, like with Tsubame's rejection to Ishigami. I will just have to wait and see in the future.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -unknown

Aug 7, 2019 8:42 PM

That Renamon cameo.

Aug 8, 2019 7:58 PM

Its nice to just have the series being goofy again with funny banter, Onedera is a great straight man and I greatly look foreword to her being the sane man in all this going foreword. Though did I misread things or was it actually Onedera thats the one that told Miko to order Ishigami around so much or was she just saying keep doing what your doing in regards to that?

other than that, finally we are getting to them getting rid of the pretense with at least 1/2 of this pair, only took 100 chapters. I dont know im a sucker for that moment in romcoms when a character actually starts to rationalize their feeling, its one of the reason im gravitated towards romances where the character dont like eachother from the start, granted Miko really hasnt done that yet just took steps towards it, and to be frank......shes probably too stupid to even figure that out herself.

Minar-kyun said:
I don't get why Osaragi is thinking that it's bad for Iino to realize her feelings. Because Ishigami already likes Tsubame?
I think it could be one of those situations where she will feel replaced if Iino finds someone else especially a boyfriend but I hope not to cause that a cliche I think is kind of dumb and overplayed.
Modified by JizzyHitler, Aug 8, 2019 8:21 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 9, 2019 1:20 AM

Minar-kyun said:
I don't get why Osaragi is thinking that it's bad for Iino to realise her feelings. Because Ishigami already likes Tsubame?

Clearly Ishigami doesn't love Iino yet, even though he watches over her most of the time. For Oasaragi to see her friend falling for someone who fell for another one (Tsubame) is clearly not what she would wish in the first place as a friend.

But it looks like Onodera sees this completely the other way around and believe that by "forcing" them to be together there's a possibility for those two to understand each other better and ... get together.

Aug 9, 2019 4:24 AM

Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
Minar-kyun said:

Clearly Ishigami doesn't love Iino yet, even though he watches over her most of the time. For Oasaragi to see her friend falling for someone who fell for another one (Tsubame) is clearly not what she would wish in the first place as a friend.

But it looks like Onodera sees this completely the other way around and believe that by "forcing" them to be together there's a possibility for those two to understand each other better and ... get together.
Id argue Ishigami probably already does like Miko and just doesnt realize it, the overprotectiveness since her introduction is one thing, but him outright getting jealous over the guys at the party hitting on her was another, at the very least the interest is there already, they are just socially awkward weirdos.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 9, 2019 4:37 AM

JizzyHitler said:
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

Id argue Ishigami probably already does like Miko and just doesnt realize it, the overprotectiveness since her introduction is one thing, but him outright getting jealous over the guys at the party hitting on her was another, at the very least the interest is there already, they are just socially awkward weirdos.

I doubt he has any romantic attraction towards Iino. He didn't seem jealous to me. I always see him as an irritated Onii looking out for her clueless Imouto. That's how it feels in their relationship almost all the time. When I look at it from Iino's point of view, it's a strict Imouto looking out for her lazy Onii (until this latest chapter).

There has been hints that love might bloom from one end or the both, but up until this point, their relationship felt very platonic for me (someone who has a shoujo radar on 24/7 :P).

Aug 9, 2019 10:16 AM

shanimebib said:
JizzyHitler said:

I doubt he has any romantic attraction towards Iino. He didn't seem jealous to me. I always see him as an irritated Onii looking out for her clueless Imouto. That's how it feels in their relationship almost all the time. When I look at it from Iino's point of view, it's a strict Imouto looking out for her lazy Onii (until this latest chapter).

There has been hints that love might bloom from one end or the both, but up until this point, their relationship felt very platonic for me (someone who has a shoujo radar on 24/7 :P).

I'd say so myself. He cares and is very protective but it didn't went to the point where I would say "that's because he loves her", not yet and the point with his feelings toward Tsubame is precisely that he doesn't see other girls as potential romantic interest. Until now, Tsubame is/was number one. That is clear in the manga.

Aug 9, 2019 7:24 PM
I think that everyone excited about the ship sailing is forgetting something, maybe.
The chapter's title is Miko Iino can't love. We have seen instances of it throughout the series. She can get picked up by just flattery even if false.
She is desperate for attention because her parents couldn't give her any. Ishigami is perhaps the first one who is paying attention to her so sincerely. So I think that iino doesn't actually love Ishigami. She is also as kind because of which she was kind to him though in a tsundere manner.
I don't think the ship will sail within at least 10-20 chapters.
Ishigami still likes tsubame and doesn't know of the thing with her ex. Though I very much doubt that they will ever get together, this development is still far off.

However I can't disagree that because Ishigami is caring for iino, she may develop feelings for him.
Man shy iino is so much better than the normal iino. So cute!
We also need a Chika arc like this.
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."

Aug 10, 2019 3:58 PM

-Mahesvara said:
This chapter really fleshed out a lot of stuff, now Tsubame's actions from Christmas eve make more sense and her hesitation to date again makes even more sense(the whole "i'll be to far away" now seems more like a facade).

It's cause Ishigami, at leat for now, like Tsubame-senpai, so Iino is going to be rejected or at least feel jealous, and that will not be a good thing for her heart

Aug 11, 2019 9:51 AM

lol she is falling pretty hard....

Aug 24, 2019 11:14 AM

k fuck Tsubame, Ishigami x Iino please