Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 7, 2019 11:23 AM

Feb 2015
Hatsuyuki said:
Yautja said:

Hello? You're the one that brought up the the other series you dunce. You're also the one who brought up taste IE other fucking series in this Cop Craft discussion. Go fuck your cake instead of trying to eat it. I cannot believe someone could be this hypocritical so seriously.

LOLOLOLOL. You could not be a bigger meme. God I love unironic elitests. MAL isn't the only place it's well reviewed you walking safety cone. You're literally the only person I've ever seen stupid enough to try and assert it's not only bad, but worse than HotD. Something tells me you never even properly watched the series.

Man, hypocrisy is so fun to watch.

You're the one who brought up my scoring on different series irrelevant to the discussion at hand. So I'm an elitist but I rated HoTD an 8, am i right ? Cop craft is shit, you're enjoying it good for you, but that doesn't change the fact that it's very poorly executed from a technical and even narrative standpoint. I don't care about the source material of either Cop Craft or Maou Yuusha whatever. I'm judging simply based on what I've watched, this is shit. This is gonna be my last reply, and you should probably drop the ironic tone if you want the other person to take you seriously when arguing.

Here's an analogy from you.
"I spat in your face, how come you punched me in the face"
"I said you have shit taste, how come you brought up my bs scorings"
It's called pointing out hypocrisy, which is REEEEEleveant, REEEEEtard. You did rate HotD an 8, and that's what not only makes you a hypocrite, but a joke for lecturing others on taste.

I didn't say Cop Craft was amazing, I said it was Kekkai Sensen done right, and since Kekkai Sensen is shit, that's not saying much.

"I don't care about this thing that I brought up once you point out I don't know what I'm talking about and haven't read the source material and didn't know a lot of people like it and regard it as a sibling to this extremely popular thing"
Yea. Sure thing buddy.

Lolololol you are trying to lecture me on how to be taken seriously? Mr. I rate HotD an 8 and think it's objectively better than fucking S;G0. Mr. I think S;G0 or Maoyuu are 3rd rate. Go bother some other kettle you lunatic. Irony is a tool for pointing out stupidity. Though in your case, you that well enough of your own, sort of like a reflective spot light. I couldn't give a shit if you took me seriously, because it's clear your opinion is worth fuck all.
Aug 7, 2019 11:54 AM

Feb 2011
Yautja said:
Hatsuyuki said:

You're the one who brought up my scoring on different series irrelevant to the discussion at hand. So I'm an elitist but I rated HoTD an 8, am i right ? Cop craft is shit, you're enjoying it good for you, but that doesn't change the fact that it's very poorly executed from a technical and even narrative standpoint. I don't care about the source material of either Cop Craft or Maou Yuusha whatever. I'm judging simply based on what I've watched, this is shit. This is gonna be my last reply, and you should probably drop the ironic tone if you want the other person to take you seriously when arguing.

It's called pointing out hypocrisy, which is REEEEEleveant, REEEEEtard. You did rate HotD an 8, and that's what not only makes you a hypocrite, but a joke for lecturing others on taste.

I didn't say Cop Craft was amazing, I said it was Kekkai Sensen done right, and since Kekkai Sensen is shit, that's not saying much.

"I don't care about this thing that I brought up once you point out I don't know what I'm talking about and haven't read the source material and didn't know a lot of people like it and regard it as a sibling to this extremely popular thing"
Yea. Sure thing buddy.

Lolololol you are trying to lecture me on how to be taken seriously? Mr. I rate HotD an 8 and think it's objectively better than fucking S;G0. Mr. I think S;G0 or Maoyuu are 3rd rate. Go bother some other kettle you lunatic. Irony is a tool for pointing out stupidity. Though in your case, you that well enough of your own, sort of like a reflective spot light. I couldn't give a shit if you took me seriously, because it's clear your opinion is worth fuck all.

True i did insult you and your taste, but you proceeded to act completely autistic afterwards lmao
Aug 7, 2019 12:08 PM

Feb 2015
Hatsuyuki said:
Yautja said:

Yea. Sure thing buddy.

True i did insult you and your taste, but you proceeded to act completely autistic afterwards lmao

"THiS IS My lAST REPLY"
Yea, sure buddy. Everything mocking you and your hypocrisy is autistic. Just like pointing that out is autistic. Just like pointing out all your inconsistencies and everything you dislike is autistic. Ooh irony.
Aug 7, 2019 5:56 PM
Jun 2016
Good episode, pity about the animation though.

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Aug 7, 2019 6:23 PM
Nov 2018
Sad how there's so much whining in these comments. "I can't seeee!" Get a pair of glasses. I had no trouble at all following the action and the graphics were just fine. But some people think they sound intelligent when they complain, I guess. MyAnimeList is full of this, it creates a toxic atmosphere where people try to beat each other in whining to show how above-it-all they are. Too smart to like a show, smart enough to always complain about a lack of ... Character Development! Good Pacing! Graphics!

And of course, always make sure that people know you have read the Light Novel or the manga, by posting information that borders on spoilers. That should impress people. Reading a Light Novel, that's practically Shakespeare-level.
Aug 8, 2019 1:34 PM

Mar 2019
WOW this episode was indiscipherably horrible. And I mean that in quite a literal sense as they've found a new way to be terrible at visuals; by making everything too dark to see a damn thing. This was on top of the now expected godawful writing. "Get everyone out of here, she's invincible!" –They shoot her and she runs off– Oh, guess she was quite vincible after all. And another few minutes of explaining the concept of vampires, closeups of faces bobbing to show them moving fast while they talk about how fast they're runing, so on and so forth.

There wasn't even all that much to animate. The vampire chick spent most of her screentime warbling on about how she neither knew nor cared what was going on, so perhaps that makes two of us. Even with a train bearing down on her, she was blathering about some random prophecy and how much of a cool dude Kei was by how he… has seen her more than once, I guess? Like most of the episode, it was impenetrably unclear because everything was pitch black until it was time for a still and then it would light up like the Fourth of July.
Aug 8, 2019 2:31 PM

Sep 2017
Animation is all over the place for this show. Well it wasn't episode 3 bad so whatever. Vampire lady was pretty interesting. There were some more world building elements revealed with the book and such. I'm impressed with how much they used that made up language. I wonder how much effort was put into creating it.
Aug 8, 2019 2:33 PM

Sep 2017
G0ldStark said:
"Get everyone out of here, she's invincible!" –They shoot her and she runs off– Oh, guess she was quite vincible after all.

I wonder if that was a typo by the translator and they meant to say invisible because that's what actually happened. They even bothered to show the surprise when the Kei had those googles to allow him to see her.
Aug 8, 2019 4:00 PM

Apr 2009
EratiK said:
Wow, the policing was great this episode. Semanian is also such a beautiful language, kind of reminds me of Russian.
it's Sumire Uesaka voicing the vampire. she's the one making Semanian sound Russian
Aug 8, 2019 4:28 PM

Apr 2012
argilium said:
EratiK said:
Wow, the policing was great this episode. Semanian is also such a beautiful language, kind of reminds me of Russian.
it's Sumire Uesaka voicing the vampire. she's the one making Semanian sound Russian
Haha, good call, would have never made the connection.
Aug 8, 2019 6:00 PM

Oct 2017
It's becoming more and more frustrating,... I liked the premise of the show and storywise it's still quite engaging. I like the dynamic between Kei and Tilarna very much. I've been a fan of cop/detective shows for a long time and this show ticks a coupleof my boxes.
Personally I wouldn't mind the show being a bit grittier and "darker"......
But by darker I didn't mean some of the scenes being so underdeveloped with regards to light and saturation you can't make out who you're watching!?

Animation and artwork have been a bit underwhelming from the start but it seems to be getting worse as the series progresses,.... seriously, I mean....
First we are looking at a crashed truck, blood on the side of it. Not the greatest of artwork but up to this, oh well, let's call it passable.

We see some detail in the pattern of blood on the door at least, someone took the time to make it look like blood on a door....
But what do we get next....?

Who did this? This looks straight out of South Park and I mean the early series!
Not only is this bad, it's inconsistent. No detail in the car, the seats.... the blood is just one big patch of red....

With regards to the story, poor vampire lady (who initially was made to appear to be a possibly interesting character) turned out to be nothing more than a medium to introduce some plot device,.. this book of... whatever and was quickly freed from invinsibility by a train.... unless of course her decaying snippets find their way back together and we get to see her later on again.... might be interesting.

The way her being nude was censored (hey I get it, we've got kids watching) was kind of.... lazy? Badly done anyway.

It's such a shame, this show could really be something... but it falls flat on its face in execution.
Not sure this will get me through to the end of the series...

Aug 8, 2019 7:14 PM

Oct 2008
That's one really tough Vamp!
4/5.

Aug 9, 2019 12:06 AM

Jul 2012
I wonder if the Vampire is alive... Both Wizard and Vamp died so quick. I thought they would be prominent villains in this series.
Aug 9, 2019 4:43 PM
Oct 2016
It's a shame that another promising anime is shit again for a shitty production.

totally discouraged to keep watching anime 😐
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2019 8:51 PM
Oct 2011
Sweanime said:
Even if the animation is little uneven from eps tp eps, This is one of my favorite this season.
The dynamic between the two Mains and concept of the world is great.

Yeah.

_MushiRock11_ said:
Anyway, we got to see a more cooler side of the Chief saving Kei and Tilarna in that little ‘bitching’ session there. Also, finally we get to see those two ladies from the Op in action (or this the 2nd instance?) and an interesting duo of Tony and the big man. Lol, that scene of Tilarna pouting after Kei’s teasing was really sweet, their relationship is really building I’ve to say.

Yeah that was great lol. I'm really enjoying how they're developing the interactions between our main two. Also, as many have said cool stuff for the new chief defending her.
DangerMouseDMAug 9, 2019 8:59 PM
Aug 9, 2019 9:04 PM
Oct 2011
ProofByColor said:
G0ldStark said:
"Get everyone out of here, she's invincible!" –They shoot her and she runs off– Oh, guess she was quite vincible after all.

I wonder if that was a typo by the translator and they meant to say invisible because that's what actually happened. They even bothered to show the surprise when the Kei had those googles to allow him to see her.

Yeah, I think you're spot on with this since that's how it went down in the scene.
Aug 10, 2019 7:03 AM

Apr 2011
Its a good episode despite the animation drop. Probably because of the dark atmosphere as it suits the situation of hunting a vampire. Was expecting Vampire lady would accept the wizards proposal to help her but she chose a tragic end instead by a train. I'm quite confused as to how tilarna saved Kei while a vampire is on top of him?

Anyway, a nice chemistry between the two. I was laughing when Kei pointed to Tilarna as suitable K9 and him being not honest and trolling tilarna after being saved. Its amusing. Interested how their relationship develops as we all know she likes him.

MagitoAug 10, 2019 7:09 AM
Aug 10, 2019 11:03 PM

Dec 2014
ok like dracula hunt...but a grander play is in the background
Aug 11, 2019 1:08 AM

Feb 2015
I don't think the animation is the issue this episode but it was far too dark at times. It's a good show with some odd direction issues. I actually think it will be worth a rewatch dubbed. I still really like the characters and world setup
Aug 11, 2019 1:27 AM

Apr 2012
DangerMouseDM said:
ProofByColor said:
Yeah, I think you're spot on with this since that's how it went down in the scene.
No the Japanese gives muteki - invicible, but I guess here a better translation could be "she's at full power". Don't forget Tilarna isn't that familiar with guns.

also >CR subs
Aug 11, 2019 4:41 AM

Aug 2013
I don't really care about action scenes, but I'll take animation like this over 3DCG shit any day. Seriously, it doesn't even look bad at all.

EratiK said:

also >CR subs

It's not CR. It's Funi.
CR susb are okay for most series that they are subbing themselves.
rsc-plAug 11, 2019 4:45 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 11, 2019 5:12 AM

Apr 2012
Same difference.
Aug 11, 2019 2:11 PM

Dec 2016
the animation yikes
but rest was good
Aug 11, 2019 8:10 PM

Jun 2014
I'm a little bummed the Vampire went out so quickly without us learning much from her. She seemed so interesting!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 15, 2019 5:26 PM
Oct 2011
EratiK said:
DangerMouseDM said:
No the Japanese gives muteki - invicible, but I guess here a better translation could be "she's at full power". Don't forget Tilarna isn't that familiar with guns.

Hmm yeah, you're right, so that makes it especially odd. Oh well.
DangerMouseDMAug 15, 2019 6:00 PM
Aug 19, 2019 1:58 AM

Mar 2009
God. The production is so terrible. A damn shame, considering how good this show is.
Aug 26, 2019 6:12 PM

May 2010
Yeah, the animation is bad. It's a shame because the fight scenes are almost really good. They're well choreographed, somewhat realistic compared to most anime series, and no idiotic pauses. If only the animation was a bit better, and they didn't keep everything so damn dark. Oh well!
“Money can't buy dere”
Sep 9, 2019 3:17 PM

Jun 2015
To the people fixated on the visual quality, I'm almost certain that it'll all be fixed in the BDs. Yes, it really sucks that this is how it turned out, but for how tiny of a studio this is, they're clearly very, very passionate about this show, pulling every trick in the book to make up for their piss-poor production values. I figure that once they get to the BDs, they'll do what they can to fix it all up, because the way this show is directed is aiming far beyond what the team can do at the moment.

Millepensee, Shin Itagaki, you have my love and support. Y'all are trying your best in what is fundamentally a bad situation, and I have faith that you'll take that one shot at redemption (the BDs) to really elevate this show to the level is deserves to be at.
Oct 7, 2019 7:15 AM

Jul 2015
Couldn't see much at certain scenes due to lack of light

Sad to see the vampire lady go, I wished they kept her captivated for research (⌐■_■) but she was a pretty interesting character, not knowing the world she was in probably added fuel to her aggressiveness

Oct 20, 2019 9:37 PM

Jun 2015
G0ldStark said:
This was on top of the now expected godawful writing. "Get everyone out of here, she's invincible!" –They shoot her and she runs off– Oh, guess she was quite vincible after all.

That's really what constitutes bad writing to you? Tilarna thought the vampire was invincible, because she didn't know how effective firearms were. It should be widely accepted that characters in a work of fiction might say things that turn out to be false.
Nov 30, 2023 7:38 PM

Nov 2023
Wow, tere are even vampires here nice
Dec 16, 2023 6:03 AM

Oct 2022
I wonder if the Semanian language or whatever it is they speak is something like a constructed language they made for this, or if it's just gibberish. Or maybe it's something like a cipher, switching out letters with others or certain syllables.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2019

109 by Dawizz »»
Jan 9, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

75 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 24, 2023 6:26 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2019

55 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 22, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

50 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 19, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2019

73 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 18, 2023 8:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.