Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 5, 2019 11:22 AM

Sep 2012
wait, is there a news about the season 4?

I mean i don't mind Overlord getting S4, let's just hope they didn't butcher it like s2 and 3.

And is there enough material to cover though?
Aug 5, 2019 11:23 AM

Apr 2016
Lol the thread is flooded with "do better animation this time Madhouse". When the same people shat on OPM S2 because Madhouse didn't animate it. Such double standards 🙄
Aug 5, 2019 11:24 AM

May 2018
for people who are complaining: the source is trustworthy in some ways. The german Publisher KSM organized a panel with the Overlord staff and they said, that a fourth season is in production. So far the official sites for the Overlord-Franchise didn't announce it officially. So an official announcement has yet to be made. Though, communciation mistakes at the panel are possible as well.
nychamAug 5, 2019 12:05 PM
Aug 5, 2019 11:24 AM

Apr 2016
Metaretru said:

I mean i don't mind Overlord getting S4, let's just hope they didn't butcher it like s2 and 3.

Yup enough for 2 more seasons
Aug 5, 2019 11:25 AM

Jan 2014
Considering how popular this anime is, Madhouse really needs to up their budget on this. Or at the very least put more passion and heart into it.

And pls no more garbage CGI
Aug 5, 2019 11:27 AM

Oct 2013
Ah shit here we go again

Time for another season of Ainz Circlejerk, bad CGI, and goat noises
Aug 5, 2019 11:29 AM

Nov 2017
Oh what a pleasant surprise! Can't wait to see some more rekting by the great tomb of nazarick :)

plz @ me
Aug 5, 2019 11:29 AM

Sep 2012
Oh god no...

As much as I love Overlord, I can't imagine the next arcs with CGI. It would be so bad. Noooo...

sasalxAug 5, 2019 11:33 AM
Aug 5, 2019 11:35 AM

Sep 2012
Dex_Lionhart said:
Metaretru said:

So i guess they will covering until Frost Dragon or paladin arc, but i doubt they will animate the paladin arc
Aug 5, 2019 11:41 AM

Apr 2016
Metaretru said:
Dex_Lionhart said:

So i guess they will covering until Frost Dragon or paladin arc, but i doubt they will animate the paladin arc
Metaretru said:
Dex_Lionhart said:

Well if it's makes them money then why not?
Aug 5, 2019 11:41 AM

May 2013
Well, it was pretty obvious that Madhouse will continue it. After all Overlord fandom isn't very choosy and doesn't need anything fancy, so they can be satiated with a low budget anime built on close-ups of the static face of our skeleton and some cheap CGI.

Not that the source material is any better.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Aug 5, 2019 11:44 AM

Aug 2018
Man, I just finished Overlord S3 + the Ple Ple Pleiades ONAs today... my heart had literaly a bump when I received the notification, holy christ
Aug 5, 2019 11:48 AM

Sep 2018
I mean, im not a huge Overlord fan but I still enjoy the show enough for me to follow it and I really dont mind there being a season 4.
Also it would be sad to just end with such cliffhanger that season 3 gave us
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Aug 5, 2019 11:52 AM
Nov 2018
Just to throw in another opinion, i did really enjoy the other seasons, its pretty rare to see an Isekai with proper worldbuilding thats both detailed and well-written, also i really liked that Overlord actully managed to deal really well with the huge cast of characters they had.
However, i understand thats more because of the original LN's, and i do certainly agree, the animation was absolutely vomit-worthy at times, most times, i will most definetly be watching season 4, and i will be desperatly hoping they can step up their game with the animation.
Aug 5, 2019 12:00 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Threads merged.
Overlord IV was removed from the database since it was accidentally added. We'll wait for an official source.
Aug 5, 2019 12:03 PM

Aug 2018
Dex_Lionhart said:
potofresco said:
I didn't see an official announcement, so it's probably fake.

B R U H. I'm pretty sure if it's fake then it won't make it to mal. Someone might've already left a link if that isn't enough of a proof.

And now the mal page is gone
Aug 5, 2019 12:52 PM

May 2012
MehmetY said:
PrinceOfArabia said:
Why should I give a fuck about bad CGI if the plot is enjoyable? I mean, yeah, that's minus 1-3 points off the review score but anything more than that is an overreaction. People shouldn't be dropping animes due to poor animation quality...

If plot is enjoyable but visuals are bad why are you not reading books?

Because anime with voice acting, animation and OST is much more enjoyable than reading texts and much easier to understand the plot. Reading books will get me bored after 5 min, and it won't give me the same feeling as anime.

I don't care about having GREAT animation. As long animation looks is ok/passable, or has few CGI scenes, I'm fine with it.

Aug 5, 2019 2:06 PM

Jun 2016
Lol what happen to those people who say no season 3. Rating say otherwise

Aug 5, 2019 2:07 PM

Jan 2013
Ugh....
I will watch it, but I expect shit.
Aug 5, 2019 2:47 PM
Sep 2013
Gotta buy myself a new pair of glasses 'cause I fully expect mine to shatter when exposed to all that CGI.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they just left the main cast in 2D and CGI'd everything else using the cheapest assets possible.
Aug 5, 2019 3:07 PM
Feb 2014
Dex_Lionhart said:
potofresco said:
I didn't see an official announcement, so it's probably fake.

B R U H. I'm pretty sure if it's fake then it won't make it to mal. Someone might've already left a link if that isn't enough of a proof.

It's not the first time they do this.
Aug 5, 2019 5:27 PM

Dec 2017
commander31able said:
please, make it stop, I can't bring myself to watch this anymore - it's so boring.

then... dont watch it
A Wise Man Once Said: #(%!*@)+$&
Aug 5, 2019 5:28 PM

Dec 2017
There was a page for Overlord season 4 named Overlord IV on MAL but its gone now... anyone know why? maybe it IS fake?
Aug 5, 2019 5:30 PM
May 2017
Hyperactivy said:
commander31able said:
please, make it stop, I can't bring myself to watch this anymore - it's so boring.

then... dont watch it

Sunk cost fallacy. I’ve invested too much time into it to stop, and I do so love pointing out its flaws.
Aug 5, 2019 5:30 PM

May 2018
@Hyperactivy
Kineta said:
Threads merged.
Overlord IV was removed from the database since it was accidentally added. We'll wait for an official source.

The entry will be added when there‘s a fully official announcement.
Aug 5, 2019 5:55 PM

Dec 2017
nycham said:
@Hyperactivy
Kineta said:
Threads merged.

The entry will be added when there‘s a fully official announcement.

O I see, Thanks... I wondered why it was added and removed
Aug 5, 2019 7:08 PM

Apr 2016
potofresco said:
Dex_Lionhart said:

It's not the first time they do this.

Look as far as I've gotten any update from MAL it's been legit. Google the German publisher's interview with the cast of overload, they said 4th season is in production. That's why it came here. Several other sources confirmed it, it's not a random fake page. The page is now removed so that they can add once it's officially announce with cover art and cast info.
Aug 5, 2019 7:22 PM
Jul 2019
Amazing news! Been looking forward to hearing this
i Just hope season 4 would be animated well.
Aug 5, 2019 9:22 PM
Mar 2015
I really really hope that it is not a hoax or a mistake. I don't even care if the season is gonna be bad. But something about a show I'm invested in getting another season, it just puts a smile to my face. Hope to god we get an official announcement soon. I don't see the Japanese as people who would spread bullshit misinformation. They are way too strict and disciplined to start lying in interviews.
Aug 6, 2019 5:36 AM
May 2019
Awesome I can't wait for the season 4 it's one of my favorite isekai^^

Aug 6, 2019 6:41 AM

Aug 2017
Yautja said:
Tatsuya said:
Not that i mind, but the timing was a bit late, and as far as i know the author is getting tired of it.

I personally do mind. Overlord is my favorite, and IMO the best, isekai at the moment, and after Madhouse fucking murdered it last season, I don't want to see it happen again.

I hear that a lot, but from what's been discussed on reddit, through various translations, it seems more nuanced than that.

One of the few animes that they actually decided to handle the 3rd season, but ended up butchering it mindlessly. Damn Madhouse.......
Aug 6, 2019 7:13 AM
Jan 2018
I am here because myanimelist decided that they will sent me a mail
about a so called 'Overlord IV' which when you click it, said the page was not found

But I'm glad it to see it being real or fake
254pilesAug 6, 2019 7:16 AM
Aug 6, 2019 12:35 PM

Oct 2017
Time for more newly introduced characters to be at Ainz-sama's harems' mercy.

Hope this season's content is better than the last two seasons.
Aug 7, 2019 12:51 AM

May 2015
Late 2020? Early 2021?
Aug 7, 2019 12:53 AM

Mar 2017
I'm guessing it'll be another 3DCGI mess, won't it? Ugh, I'm not getting my hopes up.

'nom'
Aug 7, 2019 7:31 PM

Jan 2018
We thought Madhouse couldn't count to three. But they showed us they can count to four(I hope).
Aug 11, 2019 10:35 AM
May 2018
unofficially......? That's why they removed it from MAL database??
Aug 12, 2019 6:10 PM
Dec 2017
Hyperactivy said:
commander31able said:

then... dont watch it
But the anime is really boring shit that doesn't deserve so much appreciation of so many people. Because it drags the history so much and the worldbuilding is nonsense and make go to sleep.
Aug 13, 2019 11:11 AM

Aug 2017
Pls yeah, I want a S4. I miss Overlord.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 15, 2019 12:03 AM
Dec 2018
Considering that they removed every bit of blood&gore out of Season 3, - and Season 4 would step deep into berserk territory(demiurges holy weapon/club ;> and the concentration camps etc.) I really do not have much hope about it.

Even bad cgi wont do it this time to get a lower age rating... Will they just pixelate half the screen for the normal release until the bluray drops? :>
Aug 15, 2019 1:18 AM

Dec 2017
Lordbadface said:
Hyperactivy said:

then... dont watch it
But the anime is really boring shit that doesn't deserve so much appreciation of so many people. Because it drags the history so much and the worldbuilding is nonsense and make go to sleep.

Just because you think its boring shit that doesnt deserve appreciation doesnt mean you have to watch it, talk shit about it or even go to a forum ABOUT it, just... act mature and ignore it? what do you want me to say here exactly?
Aug 15, 2019 1:33 AM

May 2016
Hell yeah.

Can't wait for Season 4 to start <3
Sep 28, 2019 8:20 AM
Jul 2019
commander31able said:

Then don't watch it. You're not forced to do that. Is the urge too great?
Oct 13, 2019 7:22 PM

Oct 2017
Jokuc said:
Huh? That is very odd. I mean, I love Overlord, it's one of my favorites.. So if this is true I'll be very happy. But the author seemed quite negative about season 2 & 3 in an interview I heard a while back, so I am a bit confused about why this is happening. Isekai Quartet too popular? lol And since there is no official announcement, I'm not going to get all hyped yet, could might as well be one of the staff misinterpreting things.

The Overlord light novel is fucking amazing, I just don't hope they're going to make another poorly made season like S3..

I'm asking this since you seem to have read the LN: where should I start with the LN?
I have watched all three seasons and liked them a lot so I was wondering, since I'm a rather slow reader where I could start (after the anime).
"Your sins shall be paid with blood!" ~Cadis Etrama Di Raizel
Oct 14, 2019 1:46 PM

Aug 2015
XanderFenikkusu said:
I have watched all three seasons and liked them a lot so I was wondering, since I'm a rather slow reader where I could start (after the anime).

Honestly, the anime skips so much important information, worldbuilding and internal thoughts that I would just read it all from the start. But if you want to miss out on all that I believe the anime leaves off near the end of volume 9
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Oct 14, 2019 1:48 PM

Mar 2010
Wow didn't know this until now.
Sasuga Ainz-Sama
Oct 15, 2019 8:47 AM

Oct 2017
Jokuc said:
XanderFenikkusu said:

Honestly, the anime skips so much important information, worldbuilding and internal thoughts that I would just read it all from the start. But if you want to miss out on all that I believe the anime leaves off near the end of volume 9

Well, I'll be happy to skip some information if it allows me not to have to read 9 whole books. As I said, I'm a slow reader.
"Your sins shall be paid with blood!" ~Cadis Etrama Di Raizel
Nov 6, 2019 4:05 AM

Nov 2017
Uhm.. Any updates? It's been 3 months.

plz @ me
Nov 8, 2019 2:05 AM

Feb 2016
Lordbadface said:
Hyperactivy said:

then... dont watch it
Lordbadface said:
Hyperactivy said:

then... dont watch it
nobody cares about your opinion, go post in the SAO board.
Nov 9, 2019 3:07 PM

Sep 2014
I don't care when it comes as long as it comes. And alson can someone please take that 3D software away from them!!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 2 Discussion

ichii_1 - Aug 8, 2018

42 by VickRune »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2018

267 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

220 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2018

177 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2018

166 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.