Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 3, 2019 6:01 AM
Jan 2019
-Stray said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ep 00 to be exact.
The start was hype as hell, great animation and effects all around.
We got a backstory of a 10 year old Mash and how the story will progress in its sequel. Hopefully we get animations like this showed in its opening.
forgive for my lack of knowledge on the whole Fate Franchise as A whole but there where some scenes towards the ending of this episode that i'm pretty sure have not watched. Are those mean't to be scenes in the game or scenes that we will find in the anime to come?
Nov 3, 2019 7:01 AM

Aug 2009
Ethics said:
-Stray said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ep 00 to be exact.
The start was hype as hell, great animation and effects all around.
We got a backstory of a 10 year old Mash and how the story will progress in its sequel. Hopefully we get animations like this showed in its opening.
forgive for my lack of knowledge on the whole Fate Franchise as A whole but there where some scenes towards the ending of this episode that i'm pretty sure have not watched. Are those mean't to be scenes in the game or scenes that we will find in the anime to come?

These are scenes from the first 6 chapters+prologue.
Babylonia is the 7th chapter and the 6th will be released as movies later. Chapters 1-5 are treated like trash, and they are, so they were skipped(reason is a survey was held about which chpater is the most fan favorite and none of them were there).

Story wise you dont miss anything but Mash's character development may be an issue since she learns slowly what makes one human.
The prologue does have an adaptation tho, look up First Order.

EDIT:I forgot, we get short flashbacks for Mash in some eps.
ssjokgNov 3, 2019 7:12 AM
Nov 3, 2019 11:44 PM
Jan 2019
ssjokg said:
Ethics said:

Babylonia is the 7th chapter and the 6th will be released as movies later. Chapters 1-5 are treated like trash, and they are, so they were skipped(reason is a survey was held about which chpater is the most fan favorite and none of them were there).

Story wise you dont miss anything but Mash's character development may be an issue since she learns slowly what makes one human.

well that kind of suck considering we won't get to see any type of development in the characters to show how they came to be and that they show flashbacks of scenes that may not become an anime. It's kind of sad that they did not start at the previous singularities and skipped straight to 7. The sole reason is that those flashbacks or scenes keep on bugging me for the sole matter that they never existed in the anime series itself. (this is just my opinion but they should have started at the 1st singularity to make the story unfold more smoothly than just going straight to the 7th)
Nov 3, 2019 11:48 PM

Aug 2009
Ethics said:
ssjokg said:

well that kind of suck considering we won't get to see any type of development in the characters to show how they came to be and that they show flashbacks of scenes that may not become an anime. It's kind of sad that they did not start at the previous singularities and skipped straight to 7. The sole reason is that those flashbacks or scenes keep on bugging me for the sole matter that they never existed in the anime series itself. (this is just my opinion but they should have started at the 1st singularity to make the story unfold more smoothly than just going straight to the 7th)

Not really, Mash isnt developed yet, she learns stuff in each singularity and all of that together will make her change.
There are two more chapters including this one and her development will be a result of the answer she came to.

The stories are very bad before the 6th. Animating content worth 5 seasons, when that content is worse than fanservice wouldn't be smart.
Nov 4, 2019 12:49 AM
Jan 2019
ssjokg said:
Ethics said:

Not really, Mash isnt developed yet, she learns stuff in each singularity and all of that together will make her change.
There are two more chapters including this one and her development will be a result of the answer she came to.

The stories are very bad before the 6th. Animating content worth 5 seasons, when that content is worse than fanservice wouldn't be smart.
I agree with what you're saying about how it will be a step back or bad decision to animate the previous chapters but the least they could do was give some more context since they show characters like the mage king who was not even mentioned anywhere and you have to do research or play the game yourself to find out who these characters are. Although they do not show much significance from how I interpret it, why did they even bother to show them in the first place? It's just messing me up that they show characters who play some role in the story without giving much info on who they are. I may be overreacting I bit too much but I tend to have problems when stories are incomplete. Look at it from a different perspective, there are some mentions in Grand Order (for instance it seems that Mashu and Amadeus had a talk) and they treat that encounter in a way that it seems like we already have watched it and don't need any further explanation. I hope you get what I'm trying to say.
EthicsNov 4, 2019 1:05 AM
Nov 4, 2019 1:01 AM

Aug 2009
Ethics said:
ssjokg said:

I agree with what you're saying about how it will be a step back or bad decision to animate the previous chapters but the least they could do was give some more context since they show characters like the mage king who was not even mentioned anywhere and you have to do research or play the game yourself to find out who these characters are. Although they do not show much significance from how I interpret it, why did they even bother to show them in the first place? It's just messing me up that they show characters who play some role in the story without giving much info on who they are. I may be overreacting I bit too much but I tend to have problems when stories are incomplete.

Their only significant role is to make Mash realize you dont have to be born human to be one.

As for the Mage King you really arent missing anything.
He appears in chapter 4, beats our ass and disappears. We dont even know if he is the Mage King, that's just what he said.

Since you arent aware of the future reveals, as we players are, I can assure you that they actually have included stuff about the Mage King in the series.
And here is one issue I have with the adaptation and it isnt even the studio's fault.At one point one character says something and the subs dont translate it at all.
And the worst thing is that we cant point that out because it will become obvious what it means. As an example imagine the reveal about Archer in FSN making no sense because the subs were horrible. Or the grail being what it is in Zero failing completely because Kiritsugu's dream scene had half assed subs.
Nov 4, 2019 2:09 AM
Jan 2019
ssjokg said:
Ethics said:
I agree with what you're saying about how it will be a step back or bad decision to animate the previous chapters but the least they could do was give some more context since they show characters like the mage king who was not even mentioned anywhere and you have to do research or play the game yourself to find out who these characters are. Although they do not show much significance from how I interpret it, why did they even bother to show them in the first place? It's just messing me up that they show characters who play some role in the story without giving much info on who they are. I may be overreacting I bit too much but I tend to have problems when stories are incomplete.

Their only significant role is to make Mash realize you dont have to be born human to be one.

He appears in chapter 4, beats our ass and disappears. We dont even know if he is the Mage King, that's just what he said.

Since you arent aware of the future reveals, as we players are, I can assure you that they actually have included stuff about the Mage King in the series.
And here is one issue I have with the adaptation and it isnt even the studio's fault.At one point one character says something and the subs dont translate it at all.
And the worst thing is that we cant point that out because it will become obvious what it means. As an example imagine the reveal about Archer in FSN making no sense because the subs were horrible. Or the grail being what it is in Zero failing completely because Kiritsugu's dream scene had half assed subs.
are you talking about when they said archer was the ideals of Shrou and stuff even that's not what archer exactly is? If so then i was also at a loss at that part too... It's like you have watch the whole thing in order to make sense of what is happening just because of bad translation.
Nov 4, 2019 2:51 AM

Aug 2009
Ethics said:
ssjokg said:

are you talking about when they said archer was the ideals of Shrou and stuff even that's not what archer exactly is? If so then i was also at a loss at that part too... It's like you have watch the whole thing in order to make sense of what is happening just because of bad translation.

That wasnt supposed to be taken literally.Archer is another Shirou that became a hero of justice and since that is the ideal of Shirou he is more or less that ideal manifested.It isnt some concept like entity(Archer in Fate/Extra is to an extend the concept of nameless heroes but FSN Archer is Shirou Emiya).

But yeah in Babylonia's case it really damages the build up for certain things, including the mage King.I can tell you one very affected scene after ep0 if you want but be aware that it may lead you to realize some things that shouldnt be realized yet.
Nov 4, 2019 3:06 AM
Jan 2019
ssjokg said:
Ethics said:

That wasnt supposed to be taken literally.Archer is another Shirou that became a hero of justice and since that is the ideal of Shirou he is more or less that ideal manifested.It isnt some concept like entity(Archer in Fate/Extra is to an extend the concept of nameless heroes but FSN Archer is Shirou Emiya).

But yeah in Babylonia's case it really damages the build up for certain things, including the mage King.I can tell you one very affected scene after ep0 if you want but be aware that it may lead you to realize some things that shouldnt be realized yet.
You can say it. It will be really helpful.
EthicsNov 4, 2019 3:10 AM
Nov 4, 2019 4:30 AM

Aug 2009
Ethics said:
ssjokg said:

In ep4

I dont know if they will keep adding stuff like hat, but their attempts to make the story and characters better will be pointless for us westerners if the subs keep failing.
Nov 5, 2019 12:47 AM
Jan 2019
ssjokg said:
Ethics said:

In ep4

I dont know if they will keep adding stuff like hat, but their attempts to make the story and characters better will be pointless for us westerners if the subs keep failing.
So correct me if I'm wrong but does this mean Romani has some ultirior motive and/or working for someone. I don't really know or if I'm anywhere close to what it actually. But if you can, can you tell what this means?
Nov 5, 2019 2:14 AM

Aug 2009
Ethics said:
ssjokg said:

In ep4

So correct me if I'm wrong but does this mean Romani has some ultirior motive and/or working for someone. I don't really know or if I'm anywhere close to what it actually. But if you can, can you tell what this means?

All I can say is that he has some pretty fucking important information that he doesnt share for his own reasons. As we see he really wants to help against whatever those visions are and has supported Mash and Ritsuka for 6(7 counting the prologue) missions already.

It isnt so much ulterior motive as it is selfish desire.
Nov 5, 2019 3:34 AM
Jan 2019
ssjokg said:
Ethics said:

All I can say is that he has some pretty fucking important information that he doesnt share for his own reasons. As we see he really wants to help against whatever those visions are and has supported Mash and Ritsuka for 6(7 counting the prologue) missions already.

It isnt so much ulterior motive as it is selfish desire.
I guess I have to continue watching in order find huh? But thanks anyway for everything. You were a big help.
Feb 29, 2020 1:17 AM

Aug 2017
Finally, Romani's backstory + Mash origin.

Sadly, it would've been nice to have had this before First Order to better understand the characters.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 2, 2020 9:59 AM
Apr 2016
Well... ten times better than the 1 hour special thingy! Looking forward to the sequel, must say.
Mar 17, 2020 12:39 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
The Takeuchi face syndrome in this is too strong, someone please nerf it.
Mar 23, 2020 6:58 PM

Feb 2014
entendi porra nenhuma, vou fingir que não vi esse episódio 00 e começar o 01
Mar 30, 2020 9:51 AM

Oct 2018
I have no idea what the f*ck is going on, but I liked it.
Apr 15, 2020 12:08 PM

Jun 2013
EP 0 huh? The production is amazing to say the least
Apr 24, 2020 8:14 AM

Dec 2018
Leonardo da Vinci is actually a woman, what a discovery!
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Apr 24, 2020 8:19 AM

Aug 2009
Kish0 said:
He is a man but he decided to take the form of the Mona Lisa because he is weird like that.
Apr 26, 2020 8:02 AM

Dec 2018
ssjokg said:
Kish0 said:
He is a man but he decided to take the form of the Mona Lisa because he is weird like that.

So....is she/he physically a man ?
Apr 26, 2020 10:21 AM

Aug 2009
Kish0 said:
ssjokg said:

"Physically" is a weird term for a Servant since they are a spirit but as a Servant Da vinci is currently a full woman.
Apr 27, 2020 6:56 AM

Dec 2018
ssjokg said:
Kish0 said:

"Physically" is a weird term for a Servant since they are a spirit but as a Servant Da vinci is currently a full woman.

Oh wow, it's just getting weirder now.
Apr 27, 2020 8:55 AM

Aug 2009
Kish0 said:
ssjokg said:

Oh wow, it's just getting weirder now.

That's Da Vinci in e a nutshell.
Jul 26, 2020 6:37 PM

Aug 2008
Gibberish. I suppose for those who are familiar with the source material it is understandable but for me it was completely nonsensical.
Oct 6, 2020 5:32 PM
Aug 2017
I really loved the last sequence with all the other servants, hear the things that they sat there fells so coherent with her character, and that is the best part of the episode, bc of that all the episode was worth
Mar 23, 2021 12:19 AM
Apr 2020
Thank you, Cloverworks for including this. Now I have better understanding about Mash and Romani's backstory. I hope they keep this kind of animation. Though it would be really nice if they hadn't show that scenes on the last minute. That really spoiled a lot... I'll give this 7/10
Sep 5, 2021 12:58 AM

Feb 2019
Zeroth episode of Babylonia anime.

Mashu's backstory is told, she's a designer baby created in Chaldea to fuse with Galahad, Shielder servant.

Dr. Roman...
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Oct 16, 2021 12:14 PM

Jul 2012
I think this would've been much better introduction episode instead of First order. Especially for me who knows nothing about Grand order seeing something about Mash and just throw you in. The animation was better, well not much action, but sometimes First order looked really not good, let's say it that way.

Overall 7/10
Dec 26, 2021 3:59 AM

Apr 2013
A very confusing episode, but maybe it's less confusing for people who played the game. Still weird that this is episode 0.
Dec 27, 2021 10:56 PM

Apr 2021
Question

All those characters and places we saw right at the end, are those each different times they went into the past and haven't been adapted yet?

I just started Babylonia and it said that they've already been to five different singularities? Meaning five different times they went into the past, each a different adventure?
Dec 19, 2023 1:35 AM
Jul 2023
Exciting! I didn’t know Mash was a experiment baby
- Doctor Roman is so wholesome man
- That scene at the start with Mash was hype!
- we got a compilation of the other singularities and an introduction to everything a non grand order fan needs to know to watch this arc. Awesome!
- Very hyped for Babylonia
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.