Forum Settings
Forums

Multiple victims reported after shooting near El Paso Walmart Texas

New
Aug 3, 2019 12:08 PM

Nov 2018
More than a dozen people are believed to have been shot near a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, on Saturday morning, as police warned of reports of multiple "shooters."

Police responded to reports of an active shooting at the Cielo Vista Mall area shortly before 11 a.m. local time and asked people to stay clear of the active scene.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/el-paso-active-shooter-walmart-mall

Why do mass shootings keep happening in America?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 3, 2019 1:04 PM

Jul 2013
18 dead, according to police

https://www.kxan.com/news/police-warn-of-an-active-shooter-at-an-el-paso-texas-mall/

EL PASO, Texas (AP) — Police in the West Texas city of El Paso have responded to reports of an active shooter in a commercial area near a mall.

The NBC affiliate in El Paso reported that 18 people have been killed. Police say one suspect is in custody.

read more
Aug 3, 2019 1:22 PM

Mar 2008
That's pretty bad numbers there. RIP.

The fact Wal-Mart sells guns and ammunition sure didn't detour him. I wonder what the motive is this time. Disgruntled employee? Some guy mad about his gf or wife?
Aug 3, 2019 1:23 PM
May 2019
Wow that's horrible, may they RIP
Aug 3, 2019 2:06 PM

Nov 2017
there might have been multiple perpetrators since reports are saying multiple suspects are in custody, although it is too early to confirm.
Aug 3, 2019 2:51 PM

Nov 2018
Xstasy said:

Guns should be banned. America's gun problem is horrible
Aug 3, 2019 3:34 PM

Nov 2016
That's pretty spooky. Can't ban guns in America, and stricter gun laws aren't working to stop these mass shootings, unless you could somehow get all the states to agree on some universal laws.

But at the same time, you need a firearm if you live in rural america.
Aug 3, 2019 4:21 PM

Jun 2011
BenRyan said:

well one reason is copycats, for some reason some people hear about a mass shooting and think "hey I should do that too!", I really dont get the allure in just copying someone else and being just 1 of many, I mean what's alluring about that?
Aug 3, 2019 4:25 PM

May 2013
Jesus christ... I know it's only a matter of time until one happens in my area... this is out of control.

Nice knowin you folks sounds like we're dead meat.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Aug 3, 2019 4:28 PM

May 2013
BenRyan said:
Xstasy said:

Gun rights are in our constitution. It's not a simple fix, at all... and btw this is not merely an American problem.

This is an issue of people learning to love one another, there's no other way
I CELEBRATE myself,
Aug 3, 2019 4:51 PM

Aug 2017
RIP to the victims.

BenRyan said:
Xstasy said:

Nop, it's the same with abortion, if u outlaw it, they will just happen illegally. Guns are not to blame, blame mental illness. pd: guns in Argentina are restricted and regulated but its the same shit.
NurguburuAug 3, 2019 4:57 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 3, 2019 4:59 PM

Jul 2015
BenRyan said:

Media attention. More people kill themselves with guns than in mass shootings (and homicide in general) in the US but that's not flashy to talk about. Gun homicide rate is far higher in around a half dozen South American countries but they aren't the US so again doesn't get as much attention. So they happen because disgruntled mentally ill people lash out, have access to high capacity firearms and are showed that they will be talked about and remembered because of the media attention further incentivizing it.
"Few, but ripe." - C.F. Gauss
Aug 3, 2019 5:03 PM

Apr 2017
Nurguburu said:
RIP to the victims.

BenRyan said:

Nop, it's the same with abortion, if u outlaw it, they will just happen illegally. Guns are not to blame, blame mental illness. pd: guns in Argentina are restricted and regulated but its the same shit.

Not the same at all, you can have an "abortion" with a coat hanger you can't kill 18 people with a coat hanger. People seem to forget that when it comes to things that are hard to make in your backyard Prohibition works just fine. They banned the Quaalude and now its completely off the market because it's impossible to synthesize by a normal person. Same with automatic rifles
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Aug 3, 2019 5:30 PM

Jun 2014
I knew a guy in El Paso when this happened. He felt the bullet go deep in his chest. The woman he loved kissed him just before he died.

Tragic stuff. R.I.P.

Aug 3, 2019 5:42 PM

Jun 2011
yukai- said:
Nurguburu said:
RIP to the victims.

Not the same at all, you can have an "abortion" with a coat hanger you can't kill 18 people with a coat hanger. People seem to forget that when it comes to things that are hard to make in your backyard Prohibition works just fine. They banned the Quaalude and now its completely off the market because it's impossible to synthesize by a normal person. Same with automatic rifles
you know it's like super easy to make bombs though right? If someone really wants to kill a lot of people it doesn't really seem that hard.

"people seem to forget that when it comes to things that are hard to make in your backyard Prohibition works just fine", yup which is why the war on drugs is going so well
Aug 3, 2019 6:42 PM

Apr 2017
Killaclown said:
yukai- said:

you know it's like super easy to make bombs though right? If someone really wants to kill a lot of people it doesn't really seem that hard.

"people seem to forget that when it comes to things that are hard to make in your backyard Prohibition works just fine", yup which is why the war on drugs is going so well

The war on drugs is failing precisely because cooking meth in your backyard is a fucking breeze. Bomb attacks will always happen just like knife attacks will but those are such more likely to fail and will have significantly less casualties and that's what this is all about, lowering the lives lost. Murders will exist regardless but in most countries where guns are banned 18 lives lost is an insane number.
mal's raccoon

boop !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Aug 3, 2019 7:21 PM

May 2018
Time for America to ban guns. RIP to victims.
Aug 3, 2019 7:21 PM

Jun 2011
yukai- said:
Killaclown said:

The war on drugs is failing precisely because cooking meth in your backyard is a fucking breeze. Bomb attacks will always happen just like knife attacks will but those are such more likely to fail and will have significantly less casualties and that's what this is all about, lowering the lives lost. Murders will exist regardless but in most countries where guns are banned 18 lives lost is an insane number.
the good/bad thing about bombs is you can make as much as you want to kill people. well I wouldn't consider anything that you need protective gear to do without health risks and a good chance of blowing up (especially when done by meth heads). Besides meth is just 1 drug, I could probably get some acid today if I wanted (no clue how easy that is to make), definitely could get some coke if I wanted, which while it comes from plants a lot of it usually comes from out of country, I could almost certainly get some heroin today if i wanted... and all this at 7pm so I'm basically saying i could get that shit within 5 hours if i wanted lol.

You are the one that said abortion isnt a good comparison "because of hangers", if you are going say it will have less deaths even though there are plenty ways to kill, how is that different than "but the hanger"? Not saying it's a great comparison I just found you argument against the comparison as faulty and the idea that prohibition will work for things you cant make in your backyard will work as naive (though there would be less things like school shootings, at least in good neighborhoods where the students probably cant get ahold of an illegal gun that easily)
KillaclownAug 3, 2019 7:28 PM
Aug 3, 2019 7:45 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Can the moderators create a new subforum for mass shooting treads?

I mean I'm not trying to be rude but I lost count already, every 3 days there is a new one and the majority of comments are people claiming that the shooter would've done the same thing if he had a frying pan instead of a gun or that the victims didn't have enough guns to defend themselves.
Aug 3, 2019 7:55 PM

May 2018
Are you telling no one had gun, IN TEXAS, to shoot that guy?
Aug 3, 2019 8:00 PM

Jun 2008
How to leave a comment after a shooting in America:

>”Thoughts and Prayers” and “RIP”

>Be Sarcastic or memey, for the sake of dark humor or you just want to be McEdgy Asshole looking for some type of attention.

>Be Pro-gun, defend the 2nd Amendment...talk about how horrible it is but our rights are more important, same old talking points as always.

>Be Anti-gun, talk about how this shit does NOT happen in other first world countries and whatnot, but ultimately you know nothing will change so you might as well argue a brick wall...the wall actually as a better chance of doing something.

>Be in the middle, you see both sides, and yet you can’t come to any conclusion...you’re basically going in circles, but oh well, what can you do?

Version 1.0 7/31/19 (Garlic Festival Shooting)

Version 2.0 8/3/19 (El Paso Shooting)

Scheduled update: Soon.
Aug 3, 2019 9:12 PM

Mar 2019
This isn't even news anymore, what's the total mass shootings up to this year now? Ridiculous

>insert typical comment about why should the good guys be punished by taking their weapons away.
Aug 3, 2019 9:35 PM

Jan 2017
BenRyan said:
Xstasy said:

Swear you people are like a broken record, banning guns would do nothing, people who are willing to do this type of shit can easily get weapons from other venues. The US is in such a state that it's fucked either way no matter what you do. Your best bet is to move overseas or stop bitching and get a licence to open carry. Good luck folks.
Aug 3, 2019 10:14 PM

Apr 2017
Killaclown said:
yukai- said:

the good/bad thing about bombs is you can make as much as you want to kill people. well I wouldn't consider anything that you need protective gear to do without health risks and a good chance of blowing up (especially when done by meth heads). Besides meth is just 1 drug, I could probably get some acid today if I wanted (no clue how easy that is to make), definitely could get some coke if I wanted, which while it comes from plants a lot of it usually comes from out of country, I could almost certainly get some heroin today if i wanted... and all this at 7pm so I'm basically saying i could get that shit within 5 hours if i wanted lol.

You are the one that said abortion isnt a good comparison "because of hangers", if you are going say it will have less deaths even though there are plenty ways to kill, how is that different than "but the hanger"? Not saying it's a great comparison I just found you argument against the comparison as faulty and the idea that prohibition will work for things you cant make in your backyard will work as naive (though there would be less things like school shootings, at least in good neighborhoods where the students probably cant get ahold of an illegal gun that easily)

Yeah, all those drugs are easy to get because they're either simple to synthesize or come from plants. There isn't an AR-15 plant and most assault weapons are produced in the United States so importation isn't a major concern. Most guns aquired "illegally" were purchased through legal means and at some point shifted over to the black market.

As for your abortion point, the difference is that I want to limit the amount of casualties caused by mass murders. I want abortions to be as safe and accessable as possible. Two separate goals.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
LoveLikeBloodAug 6, 2019 12:28 PM
mal's raccoon

boop !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Aug 3, 2019 10:33 PM

May 2013
Only_Brad said:

the cops made it on the scene in 6 minutes, but even they weren't prepared to stop his white ass from going postal
I CELEBRATE myself,
Aug 3, 2019 10:50 PM
The Color Morale

Apr 2018
--ALEX-- said:

>Be Sarcastic or memey, for the sake of dark humor or you just want to be McEdgy Asshole looking for some type of attention.

>Be Pro-gun, defend the 2nd Amendment...talk about how horrible it is but our rights are more important, same old talking points as always.

>Be Anti-gun, talk about how this shit does NOT happen in other first world countries and whatnot, but ultimately you know nothing will change so you might as well argue a brick wall...the wall actually as a better chance of doing something.

>Be in the middle, you see both sides, and yet you can’t come to any conclusion...you’re basically going in circles, but oh well, what can you do?

lol you posted this on the garlic thread. If shootings keep happening you'll get banned for spam! lol
Aug 3, 2019 10:51 PM
The Color Morale

Apr 2018
Gan_water said:
Only_Brad said:

the cops made it on the scene in 6 minutes, but even they weren't prepared to stop his white ass from going postal
lol what the hell does going postal mean?
Aug 3, 2019 11:02 PM

May 2013
Wavey_Nooby said:
Gan_water said:

lol what the hell does going postal mean?

The actual expression refers to if you go ahead and destroy your place of work or something (like at the post office), but I use it to refer to anyone who snaps and kills a bunch of people :P
I CELEBRATE myself,
Aug 3, 2019 11:35 PM

Jan 2017
Gan_water said:
Only_Brad said:

6 minutes is an extremely long time from the point of him opening fire and them arriving on scene. If someone was armed and willing to risk their life to take him down in the store things may of ended differently.
Aug 3, 2019 11:49 PM

Dec 2017
People on Twitter aren't wrong:

If kids dying in Sandy Hook and Parkland didn't change anything, this won't either.
No gun control, no mental health resources, nothing.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Aug 4, 2019 12:19 AM

May 2013
Cneq said:
Gan_water said:

6 minutes is an extremely long time from the point of him opening fire and them arriving on scene. If someone was armed and willing to risk their life to take him down in the store things may of ended differently.

Yeah I guess that is slow, actually.

Unfortunately it's not like the wild west where the store owner would surely be armed himself.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Aug 4, 2019 12:22 AM

May 2013
Reina_Orikasa said:
People on Twitter aren't wrong:

If kids dying in Sandy Hook and Parkland didn't change anything, this won't either.
No gun control, no mental health resources, nothing.

It's not like this shouldn't change anything but it's definitely a call for peace moreso than anything else.

You can't just make a new law that says 'yo guys, chill out and have better vibes!' Thats.... about how drastic the situation is...

However, that doesn't mean we can't keep the vibes up :P
I CELEBRATE myself,
Aug 4, 2019 12:42 AM

Apr 2017
--ALEX-- said:

Very soon indeed

https://www.whio.com/news/crime--law/police-responding-active-shooting-oregon-district/dHOvgFCs726CylnDLdZQxM/
mal's raccoon

boop !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Aug 4, 2019 1:13 AM

Oct 2018
Im confused and need some clarification on something .. the wal mart shooting that happened days before this was unrelated to this 1 ?? Could have swore it was same dude but he shot himself or wht.
Aug 4, 2019 1:43 AM

Sep 2018
"Why do mass shootings keep happening in America?"

The NRA who even want to sell guns to people with mental illness, the ease of access and the rampant inequality and the lack of social care.

So you have angry, mental people easily picking up guns who have nothing in life and no chance of a decent life.
So they either rage against society and kill themselves or go to prison for life where at least they will have room and food.

So much for a good guy saving the day where everyone has a gun.
Aug 4, 2019 1:46 AM

Sep 2018
Gan_water said:

Gun rights are in our constitution. It's not a simple fix, at all... and btw this is not merely an American problem.

That should change, it was written when there were only single shot muzzle loaders, Not assault rifles.
It is most definitely a US problem, sure it may happens elsewhere once every few years but it's a daily occurrence in the US.
Aug 4, 2019 3:31 AM

Jul 2019
RIP to the victims.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Aug 4, 2019 3:43 AM

Jul 2015
Huh, it's every week nowadays.

Gan_water said:
BenRyan said:

I'm sorry to break it down for you but this is entirely an american problem, much more than it is a gun problem. There isn't a single western/rich country in the world with such a massive firearm crime/firearm by inhabitant ratio.
Maybe it's because of your "with us or against us" mentality that makes you see the world in black and white? Maybe it's because of all those crap Hollywood movies were vengeance is glorified and handguns treated as the best tool to deliver it, with no self-awareness? Maybe it's because of your disatrous public education, or because somehow you peple seem to mistakethe right to do something with the duty to do something (like with your freedom of speech shlock wich clearly leads most americans I met to treat their opinions as if they were undisputable facts, the gospel, and something that needs to be shoved down everybody's throat)

Whatever it is, I don't understand why you guys are keeping your head buried in the sand since so long. You have a problem with guns. Guns aren't a problem, but americans with guns are a problem.
Aug 4, 2019 4:07 AM

Apr 2015
Aug 4, 2019 4:12 AM

Jul 2015

\o/ Totally not an american problem right?

At this point I wouldn't carry a handgun, I'd carry a bulletproof vest 24/7
Aug 4, 2019 5:05 AM

Apr 2011
So.... I need to ask: where were the people with guns to protect from the psychopaths? I thought that's why you needed guns to remain legal. How many people needs to die before you start the protection services? News like this should not be the same as "The sky is blue".
Aug 4, 2019 5:12 AM

Nov 2018
mial said:
18 dead, according to police

20 people have been killed and 26 injured in a mass shooting at a Walmart store in the Texas city of El Paso.

Governor Greg Abbott described it as "one of the most deadly days in the history of Texas".

Mcswigganscat said:
El Paso shooter was racist Trump KKKsupporter in custody not shot because white priviledge ftw us fucking white trash did it again .

Pete buttigieg got it unlike trump who has been SILENT. They are encouraging it.

Minutes Before El Paso Killing, Hate-Filled Manifesto Appears Online 8chan again like NZ mosque shooting attack

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/03/us/patrick-crusius-el-paso-shooter-manifesto.html
Aug 4, 2019 5:51 AM

Aug 2015
By the way guys this is not only the mass shooting that happened in murica today.Another also occurred in dayton.
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/04/us/three-shootings-el-paso-mississippi-gilroy/index.html
Aug 4, 2019 6:14 AM

Nov 2018
^ Actually that's the 3RD MASS SHOOTING in a day

8chan should be closed

Sawilagar said:
Kinda suspicious that these happen so close to elections. Makes you wonder (((who))) could be behind paying for all of this.

lol Still blaming the jew. This is a white man problem

Do you guys never get tired of blaming your problem on jews? The jews are behind pornography,the jews are behind abortion,the jews are behind usury and so on
Aug 4, 2019 6:16 AM

Nov 2017
Gotdammit, how many more of these need to happen before something changes?

R.I.P to all those affected
Aug 4, 2019 6:39 AM

Aug 2015
Holy hell you were right.3rd mass shooting happened in chicago??. Also just found out this happened last week.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilroy_Garlic_Festival_shooting
Aug 4, 2019 7:10 AM

Dec 2016
three shootings in one day is a bit excessive, and yet no action regarding gun laws from the government.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Aug 4, 2019 8:19 AM

Sep 2018
photophobic said:
three shootings in one day is a bit excessive, and yet no action regarding gun laws from the government.

They are heavily paid by the NRA (I almost typed IRA but they are pretty much the same thing) so it will never change, the whole US system is corrupt and illegal in every civilised country.

Remember, they cannot even change from imperial because metric is for communists or gays or something.
Aug 4, 2019 8:43 AM

Jul 2019
Until guns are banned this type of crimes will continue to happen.

Never explain,
Never retract,
Never apologize
Just get the thing done
And let them howl
Aug 4, 2019 8:45 AM

Aug 2009
photophobic said:

What new laws would prevent shootings from happening? More background checks won’t do shit and outright bans/confiscation are impossible at this point.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.