Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 4, 2019 4:02 AM

Aug 2009
glassknuckles said:
good episode

I heard Ben Stein when Reina's eyes caught on fire
woooooow.
the difference is clear, clear eyes

I think Gray's chant is a little too Engrish to be a classic like Archer's Unlimited Blade Works unfortunately

Liked seeing Sisigo again in this story arc

nice hype animation on the spear I'm not even going to try and spell

The problem isn't the Engrish.It is how freaking chunni it is.
Aug 4, 2019 12:03 PM

Apr 2014
Hatsushi said:

That part was so chuuni that I just had to do it, sorry.
This was a funny comparison.

Grey is so far my favorite character from this show.
Aug 4, 2019 12:26 PM

Apr 2015
Great episode!

So from reading here, these episodes were all original content, if so I can't wait what the adaptation content will be like! Hoping to see more characters from the Fate series from this point forward. Hoping we'll still see a bit more of Kairi Shishigou after this episode.

Since it wasn't quite the biggest, the reveal of Gray being related to King Arthur, was to be expected. I do have to say, that spear, "Rhongomyniad" is a handfull to spell XD

The battle was quite nicely done, I definitely liked the animation of it all, especially the scene of the realease of Rhongomyniad, pretty well done. TROYCA hasn't disappoint me so far, can only say keep it up!
Aug 4, 2019 12:50 PM

Apr 2012
It starts to resemble the "Lord El-Melloi II Pairings Files". First ambiguous yuri hints in the first arc, now elves in this.
Aug 4, 2019 1:00 PM

Jan 2017
So basicly Gray is a Lily version of the "bad" Altria Pendragon (Lancer) from Camelot in FGO?

Also TROYCA is doing some amazing job here!
Aug 4, 2019 1:18 PM

Apr 2012
Dudi4PoLFr said:
So basicly Gray is a Lily version of the "bad" Altria Pendragon (Lancer) from Camelot in FGO?

Also TROYCA is doing some amazing job here!

Lily version? Do you mean Yuri Saber? Or am I misunderstood something?
Aug 4, 2019 1:27 PM

Dec 2013
As you probably now, English sub is laughably bad (fucking Aniplex), so here's correctly translated line about Gray's identity:

"A clan cloned King Arthur" (literally "designed a clone of King Arthur").
Yeah, this shit line about "potrait" or whatever.

Just Aniplex being Aniplex.
Aug 4, 2019 1:28 PM

Apr 2016
Dudi4PoLFr said:

No.

RobertBobert said:
Lily version

Its a thing in fate, Lily "versions" are younger selves/looks of servants.
Aug 4, 2019 1:30 PM

Jan 2017
RobertBobert said:

Nope not "that" Saber, In FGO they are adding "Lily" in the servant name to precise that this is their "kid" version just like those two:
- Jeanne d'Arc (Alter) (Santa Lily) FGO Wiki
- Medusa Lily (Lancer) FGO Wiki
Aug 4, 2019 1:32 PM

Apr 2012
@Swagernator Isn't Gray just a descendant of Saber?
Aug 4, 2019 1:42 PM

Apr 2016
RobertBobert said:

I don't wanted to write this cuz i was still waiting for the original episodes to explain this, but now the original content is done and they barely mention it in like one sentence lol, so.
SwagernatorAug 4, 2019 1:49 PM
Aug 4, 2019 1:49 PM

Apr 2012
Dudi4PoLFr said:
RobertBobert said:

Nope not "that" Saber, In FGO they are adding "Lily" in the servant name to precise that this is their "kid" version just like those two:

You want to say that her image is based on the "young" version of Altria ?
Aug 4, 2019 1:50 PM

Dec 2013
TBH, you can just link wiki here:
https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Gray
>Background

Aug 4, 2019 1:52 PM

Apr 2012
Swagernator said:
RobertBobert said:

I don't wanted to write this cuz i was still waiting for the original episodes to explain this, but now the original content is done and they barely mention it in like one sentence lol, so.

I'm not quite sure that I understood everything correctly, but I hope that we at least get a filler arc about it.
Aug 4, 2019 2:01 PM

Apr 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
>Background

Well, i mean everyone can just link a wiki page, people are doing that since Fate anime shows became a thing.
Aug 4, 2019 2:40 PM

Dec 2013
Swagernator said:
Kamiyan3991 said:
>Background

Well, i mean everyone can just link a wiki page, people are doing that since Fate anime shows became a thing.

Kind of. But they ask so many question partially because official English sub by Aniplex of America is just bad.

Wakanim France clearly stated that she's a clone.
Crunchyroll Español did that as well.

Yeah, only English subs are shit and that sucks.
TBH, I'm impressed. AoA somehow managed to be consistently shit throughout the years.
Aug 4, 2019 2:48 PM

Aug 2009
RobertBobert said:
Dudi4PoLFr said:

Gray is exactly like "blue" Artoria we see in FSN,Zero and every other. Same height, weight, face etc.

The "issue" here is the design difference and that she is always next to Waver so the difference in height(154cm) is a lot more obvious while in Zero and FSN she was surrounded by characters around 160cm(plus animators did make her look taller somehow).

Aug 4, 2019 3:15 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
RobertBobert said:

Gray is exactly like "blue" Artoria we see in FSN,Zero and every other. Same height, weight, face etc.

The "issue" here is the design difference and that she is always next to Waver so the difference in height(154cm) is a lot more obvious while in Zero and FSN she was surrounded by characters around 160cm(plus animators did make her look taller somehow).

So, Gray is actually the "same" Artoria , only with a different hair color and dressed in different clothes?
Aug 4, 2019 3:18 PM

Aug 2009
RobertBobert said:
ssjokg said:

So, Gray is actually the "same" Artoria , only with a different hair color and dressed in different clothes?
Only in appearance(except hair color)
Aug 4, 2019 3:44 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
RobertBobert said:

Only in appearance(except hair color)

Thank you for clarification, I think I understand.
Aug 4, 2019 5:30 PM
Mar 2015
Great job of wills closing the fairy gate by going with the fairy thus undoing what the lord had done
Liked the Arthurian backstory of Gray and her spear
The workshop was a murder machine using the Black Dogs
Aug 5, 2019 12:35 AM

Jan 2017
RobertBobert said:
Dudi4PoLFr said:

Well this was my first thought but after reading the wiki I need to say that unfortunately I was wrong.
Aug 6, 2019 10:52 AM

Oct 2017
So Gray is related to Artoria after all. She looks like her a lot and even has the same hair style so it was pretty obvious but gd to see it confirmed. Also man Im just loving waver here , he sure became one hell of a guy.
Aug 6, 2019 11:31 AM

Dec 2014
/so how old is Waver in this ?
Aug 6, 2019 11:52 AM

Aug 2009
KuroNavi said:
/so how old is Waver in this ?

Anywhere from 28-30.

We dont have exact dates.He was 19 during the 4th War and it took 10 for the 5th to start, but we dont know exact dates.

Aug 7, 2019 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
Really enjoyed this episode, though I got to admit that one dude's sacrifice fell so damn flat cause we knew him for all of 5 minutes of screentime and almost all of it was him just spouting exposition

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 8, 2019 12:42 AM

Aug 2010
kuraharah said:
"Your disdain of women is famous. Those who can see fairies are enchanted by fairies." - yeah no, there could be actually more common reason, you should know Waver, you're the gayest in entire series.

"Your disdain of women is famous. Those who can see fairies are enchanted by fairies."
"What? No man, I don't like fairies, that's just weird."
"Oh. Well, I guess I was wr-"
"I'm gay, actually."
"..."
"I see it was that feeling of kinship that was why you decided to take his case, onii-sama."
"Shut up, Reines!"
Aug 8, 2019 10:33 AM

Aug 2018
Anything related to Arturia is a big YES for me so Gray being a Lancer Arthur clone with a scelled Rhongomyniad is just pure awesome.

It's really clever to use again those "mystic eyes" presented in episode 0, the magic feels more consistent and real when appearing several times in a different context, that's good worldbuilding.

I like Adashino's power even if she seems like a bitch, got some Medea vibes from her with a little bit more Ara~Ara.

Shishigou is definitely a bad-ass, this guy deserved a better story than Apocrypha, he was one of the only good thing about this show anyway. (Real men only take cigars as payment)

Entering main arc (I think) yeaaaaahhhhhhh !
Aug 8, 2019 11:22 AM

Aug 2009
James-LastOmnic said:
Anything related to Arturia is a big YES for me so Gray being a Lancer Arthur clone with a scelled Rhongomyniad is just pure awesome.

It's really clever to use again those "mystic eyes" presented in episode 0, the magic feels more consistent and real when appearing several times in a different context, that's good worldbuilding.

I like Adashino's power even if she seems like a bitch, got some Medea vibes from her with a little bit more Ara~Ara.

Shishigou is definitely a bad-ass, this guy deserved a better story than Apocrypha, he was one of the only good thing about this show anyway. (Real men only take cigars as payment)

Entering main arc (I think) yeaaaaahhhhhhh !

She isnt a Lancer Arhortia clone, just Artoria clone, she isnt based on a Servant form of King Arthur.

But since she hasnt stopped aging she will grow to be like Lancer Artoria.
Aug 8, 2019 11:42 AM

Aug 2018
ssjokg said:

She isnt a Lancer Arhortia clone, just Artoria clone, she isnt based on a Servant form of King Arthur.

But since she hasnt stopped aging she will grow to be like Lancer Artoria.

Oh, thank you for the clarification, my subs we kinda messy. Well, I look forward to see that, she's such a good Saberface.
Aug 8, 2019 2:37 PM

Dec 2013
what the actual fuck, an actually good episode that doesn't have FLAT? is this real life?

Adashino is sooooooooooooo bad, every time she appeared i wanted to kill myself, can we just forget that she exists already?

i love gray but holy shit this is the worst chant Fate ever made, wtf, it cringes me to a whole new level

go lion is too good

oh, smh Wills was actually fun too. didn't expected that he would be cool like that, also he go for the ass cheeks in the end, nice

how many times they need to repeat the "IN THE WORLD OF MAGES, THE HOWDUNNIT AND WHYDUNNIT DOESN'T MATTER" ? we already get it, fate, you want to be special, just shut up and fucking tell your story.

4.5/5.

Aug 9, 2019 4:42 AM

Feb 2012
It's weird for such a good looking anime with decent characters to have me so disinterested. Hopefully the coming content will make me feel more invested because I'm struggling to keep with it at this point.

Out of the 16 I'm currently watching this season, I'm almost looking forward to this one the least. Second only to Isekai Cheat Magician which is about two tiers worse trash.

It's not bad, but it's not making me want to see the next episode.
Aug 9, 2019 8:24 AM

Aug 2010
Zei33 said:
It's weird for such a good looking anime with decent characters to have me so disinterested. Hopefully the coming content will make me feel more invested because I'm struggling to keep with it at this point.

Out of the 16 I'm currently watching this season, I'm almost looking forward to this one the least. Second only to Isekai Cheat Magician which is about two tiers worse trash.

It's not bad, but it's not making me want to see the next episode.

I think it's best to look at the first 6 episodes as a long prologue. They serve to introduce characters and concepts and goes in completely when it comes to worldbuilding.

The actual meat of the story is supposed to start at episode 7, so that episode and onwards's quality will be the real metric for how interesting this gets.

And honestly, considering the bits and pieces I know from the actual Rail Zepplin arc, it's going to be very interesting and a little different from what we've been seeing so far.
Aug 15, 2019 11:06 AM

Jul 2009
Favorite episode so far. Good revelation regarding the mansion mystery and a nice long battle following that. Now I think it'd be better for the show to dedicate at least two episodes for each mystery so they can be fleshed out like this one. A bit impartial about Willis' sacrifice, though.

I'm curious to discover how exactly one 'deals' in Mystic Eyes. Probably through magic transfusion or something like that. Either way, that's something to look forward to in later episodes.
SkittlesAug 15, 2019 7:11 PM
Aug 25, 2019 12:11 PM

Sep 2014
Reines pout was really cute, her Mystic Eyes are pretty too.
Gray using Rhongomyniad was really amazing and then that blush in the end so cute hnnggg.
Sep 8, 2019 5:34 AM

Dec 2013
Gray really is a Saber clone lol

In the end the culprit was the victim again...

I didn’t expect Wills to sacrifice himself like that.
Oct 12, 2019 12:53 AM

Jul 2015
Wills at least went with the fairy girl he was in love with, even though he will never return to the human world

We learnt something new about Grey and her 'scythe'

Dec 27, 2019 8:37 AM

Dec 2018
"King Arthur is a guy, right?" Lol, the million dollar question.

So this time is an electric dog instead of an electric rodent. This show sure has a thing for electricity.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jan 12, 2020 5:29 PM

Nov 2015
I was kinda worried the story of Gray and that cube wouldn't be told to us. But it was more of a suprise than i expected, the legendary lance of Artoria Rhongomyniad.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Sep 30, 2020 8:54 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I am getting more impressed by this series each episode. The backgrounds in some scenes makes me pause the video just to look at the detail. The OP and ED are good enough that I listen to them fully each episode....that's rare for me. The black dog sounds in the final fight were great as was the battle.
Apr 25, 2021 2:46 PM

Jan 2010
Case Files really loves its references and cameos, huh. That, and it's really hard to stray far from Seiba.

Anyways, I find focusing on the "why" to be quite effective for this series. As Waver mentioned, "who" and "how" are fairly meaningless when it comes to mages, as there are so many ways to create proxies and methods for executing schemes. This turns the show's focus on the characters and their reasons for being around, using Type-Moon's systems as the foundations for the show's antics.
May 5, 2021 9:30 AM

Mar 2014
Meanwhile in Avalon, Merlin looks out the window of his tower to see some random British dude step out of a glowing gate and then suddenly explode because Avalon's atmosphere is a vacuum that humans can't live in.

Poor Wills.

This ending would've irritated me to no end the way they left it hanging. But now I have this great image in my head. I love the internet xD

So the infamous "Rail Zeppelin" in the title is a black market for Mystic Eyes... All the anime fans love a good kekkei genkai
Jul 26, 2021 8:34 AM

Apr 2013
I didn't even know King Arthur's lance had a name, a quite difficult one at that. "Ekusukaribaaaaaa" is still superior to "Rhongomyniad!" though.
Jul 10, 2023 12:15 PM

Nov 2010
That's an interesting revelation. It's no wonder Gray looked like Saber.
Excellent action, mainly when Gray used Rhongomyniad. I'm sure that's only a fraction of its power seen in FGO movies. It looks badass, nonetheless.
I would've done the same thing as Wills. Being with a beautiful fairy and dying seems like a win-win.
Jul 31, 2023 9:21 PM
Jul 2023
Not particularly interesting, but still cool.
- Ooo, so Grey is a descendant of Artoria?
- The Workshop itself is a murder machine used to create fairies?
- What a nice thing for Will to do
- At the end we learn what the title means, Rail Zepplin, a train that buys and sells Mystic Eyes?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2019

86 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2019

60 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2019

126 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2019

102 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 9:30 AM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

100 by Trinity_07 »»
Jan 21, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.