Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 3, 2019 10:51 AM

Jan 2012
betaweeb said:
So the son is the real 12th kizuki member confirmed?

I think he is too. He seems to be controlling the entire family dynamic and the father is just a mindless OP beast.

asdlolxd_ said:
The music was fantastic in this episode .

Yuki Kajiura or Go Shiina is doing a wonderful job with the music. The track during the Zenitsu scene seemed to inspired by the former at least if it was written by Shiina.
penguindrum264Aug 3, 2019 10:57 AM
Aug 3, 2019 10:51 AM
Sep 2017
Not a spoiler (since I haven't read the manga) just a reaction... but anyone else think that the kid that Tanjiro is fighting is the actual head and not the guy that got demolished by the pillar guy? I mean we saw the kid harass the mom and now the sister and I'm thinking that when he says I'm going to tell dad, he might be meaning like his "REAL" form or something. Kinda like a "don't wake the dragon" type of comment.
Aug 3, 2019 10:53 AM
Oct 2018
shane_nichols said:
Omg that Inoskue fight Draaaaaaaaged. Easily the most boring fight I've seen so far. He just fuckin loses and then the random demon slayer conveniently shows up out of nowhere and kills it. And wtf was the point of wasting screen time just to watch a nobody get sliced into cubes lmao.
it wasn't a waste of time they show us the power of that demon
Aug 3, 2019 11:01 AM

Sep 2014
Etsukox3 said:
Who´s the voice actor for the guy who fought Tanjirou at the end of the episode? It´s familiar but I can´t figure out where I know his voice from. I´d be very thankful if anyone could help me^^

Kouki Uchiyama. He's known for voicing Meruem and Shigaraki Tomura from HxH and BnHA respectively.
Aug 3, 2019 11:18 AM
Nov 2018
Dab1za9 said:
Etsukox3 said:
Who´s the voice actor for the guy who fought Tanjirou at the end of the episode? It´s familiar but I can´t figure out where I know his voice from. I´d be very thankful if anyone could help me^^

Uchiyama Kouki, he did Shigaraki from MHA.

MonkeyDHunter said:
Etsukox3 said:

Kouki Uchiyama. He's known for voicing Meruem and Shigaraki Tomura from HxH and BnHA respectively.

Thanks to both of you! :)
Aug 3, 2019 11:22 AM

Mar 2017
It's a special form of cruelty to leave the episode on that massive cliffhanger! My god, my heart was pounding through this whole ep! It was cool seeing a more vulnerable side of Inosuke... just wish he hadn't had to go through that!

I love the music in this series but i feel like this week especially it was really awesome and helped build the scenes well
Aug 3, 2019 11:31 AM

Dec 2013
That's one dirty cliffhanger, the katana breaking caught me off guard.

Like others have mention it does seem Tanjirou is fighting the real deal, I'm sure Giyuu is super strong but I can't imagine defeating a real moon would be that easy.
Aug 3, 2019 11:31 AM

Mar 2016
Inosuke hammered the oni's arm multiple times, yet it did nothing to defend itself.

The oni swung his arm to hit Inosuke, but the boy had enough time to have a flashback and mood changes and he even got to yell out a few words. Yet, Inosuke still called the oni 'fast'.

I would have preferred Inouske dying here, but I know Jump won't let it happen. Actually, I am surprised even a background character died. I am curious—however— to know how the character passed his exam while being so bad at demon slaying.

I was happy to hear a song play with lyrics in Kajiurago. Though, I was sad I couldn't hear Keiko and Wakana's voices. Did they quit Fiction Junction as well?
Aug 3, 2019 11:34 AM

Jun 2015
I want Tanjiro to meet up with Giyuu ASAP! Idk why but I want him to see how much Tanjiro has changed since they last met.
That cliffhanger.. if these cliffhangers keep on getting dirtier I might just stop watching weekly and binge it altogether at the end.
I MISS NEZUKO TOO
Edit: I would die for the animators of this anime.. the work is just mesmerizing
They all feel the same adjust to the pain..like tears in the rain..

Aug 3, 2019 11:38 AM

Aug 2015
I'm thinking that demons sister is going to get involved and protect Tanjiro somehow. Probably sacrificing herself
Aug 3, 2019 11:47 AM

Apr 2011
That cliffhanger! Can't wait 'till the next episode.

5/5

Aug 3, 2019 11:49 AM

Nov 2011
Yall know Nezuko is going to help our boy Tanjirou out!

The animation in this series seriously blows me away every week. Amazing Job.

Man yall need to stop hating on my boy Inosuke. His fight was actually pretty entertaining. For a dude who is all about pride and boasting for him to run away at one point was surprising to me. He's still getting accustomed to people being his friends and caring about him and this episode just boosts that development.

I'd really hate if someone besides Tanjirou took out the Spider guy he is fighting. Maybe he'll forge that Red Sword that Urukodaki and Haganezuka wanted to see. That would be cool.

Need more Shinobu
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 3, 2019 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
I loved this episode. Animation is always nice, but the music they used sounded amazing. The main issues for me are that Tanjiro's speech keeps feeling forced everytime. Like I like what he says but somehoiw it doesn't work. Man, Zenitsu looked in bad shape. I was worrying over him and then when he mentioned Nezuko I just didn't care. They have seen eachother ONCE. Him being that obsessed over her is meh.

Inosuke's humor is more my taste. I like him more as new episodes come out. That scene where his head was getting crushed was hard to watch, I screamed at my screen hoping someone would help him out. Another thing that made me scream was when Tanjiro's sword got cut. Definitely was not expecting that. Hope my son is OK
Aug 3, 2019 12:04 PM

Oct 2012
Inosuke shone so brightly this episode ;; I teared up when he reminded the old woman's words. He was like "I don't get what she is saying at all", and yet... And the whole "I have to survive because Tanjirou said so!"... And he calling Tanjirou out with a worried voice (and yet saying "Kenjirou"). Agh, my baby!

The scene where the butterfly-girl finds Zenitsu was beautiful too. The whole sequence. The OST, also. Gosh, the OST was marvelous this episode. I'm so hyped!

Giyuu slashing the Father and being the badass he is was great. And OF COURSE he uses Water Breathing, but it still made me tear up.

And I've been thinking it since the last episode, but... Is not the father that is the Twelve Kizuki member, is it? Is the guy Tanjirou is fighting. He is the only one that seems to have a name, also. When Tanjirou's sword broke I gasped--- and then the episode ended. How will he survive that wtfffff

This anime is making me so hyped, I feel like a 12 year old.
MaahHeimAug 3, 2019 12:09 PM
Aug 3, 2019 12:12 PM

Apr 2014
Giyuu saving Inosuke's ass

Aug 3, 2019 12:18 PM
Oct 2013
Great episode, i'm guessing that the little demon is the real culprit Tanjirou is looking for. he looks tough with his demon art.
The Father demon vs Inosuke was great, Inosuke showed signs of humanity, his body giving up, his mentality wearing down and then His new found pride almost keeping him alive, the Entrance by a Hashira was well-done, and showed us that among Demon Slayers there also mosters, with 2 swings he did what Tanjirou and Inosuke combined couldn't do.
That Cliffhanger though!!!!
Aug 3, 2019 12:33 PM
Jan 2010
I started suspecting it was the kid since the animation is keeping his eye hidden. The dad getting rekt so easily just makes it more likely.

That cliffhanger though.
Aug 3, 2019 12:39 PM

Jan 2017
What is it with these damned swords breaking
Aug 3, 2019 12:45 PM

Jul 2019
This was basically my face throughout the episode

Reach for the
Stars☆

Aug 3, 2019 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
An episode without Zenitsu screaming like a bitch every 4 seconds is a good episode.
Aug 3, 2019 1:20 PM

Sep 2017
I was questioning how OP these upper level demon slayers are if they can just one bang one the the elite 12 like that, but I think some commenters who suspect the kid to be the real leader is correct. It makes a lot more sense based on what we've seen so far. If that's the case I hope we don't get Tanjiro winning this fight on his own. For me to actually give a shit and feel like these 12 are strong we need the supposed elites to struggle.
Aug 3, 2019 1:42 PM

May 2018
Aug 3, 2019 1:56 PM

Feb 2013
So, the big one wasn't the strongest.
Aug 3, 2019 2:08 PM

May 2016
Giyuu's fourth form was B E A U T I F U L...

and that preview Giyuu ignoring Inouske haha poor guy.
Aug 3, 2019 2:34 PM

Nov 2016
I had to skip like 10 seconds when the Dad was smashing Inosuke's head, like "Omg, I can't hear anymore, please skip". Perfect episode.
Aug 3, 2019 3:14 PM

May 2014
The guy getting sliced into pieces was a shock. That web went through him like butter. Also i hope Inosuke's doing okay, it sounded like his face was getting broken.

Also i miss Nezuko :(
Aug 3, 2019 3:53 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I almost flinched at the cliffhanger, let's just hope that Tanjiro didn't get sliced in half. I wonder how he is going to take out that demon now that his sword is broken. Seeing Giyuu take out the Spider Demon Father was badass and it just shows that Tanjiro has a lot to learn in terms of mastering the water breathing style.
Aug 3, 2019 4:13 PM

Mar 2014
Y'all gotta have more faith in my boi Tanjirou. The moment came to a shock to him but with Nezuko by his side, he has got this!

Amazing episode as always
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Aug 3, 2019 4:17 PM
Mar 2015
Great fights Good thing the pillars arrived to save their asses
Aug 3, 2019 4:18 PM
Nov 2015
Finally a genuinely good episode. That cliffhanger tho
Aug 3, 2019 4:42 PM
Mar 2017
Giyu and the beautiful Shinobu arrive to the mountain to support the other demon slayers, as for Tanjirou, he meets an absurdly powerful opponent.

I was sad to see how poor Zenitsu was transforming, but Shinobu's beautiful appearance gave me hope that Zenitsu could be saved. What a beautiful way to appear on the scene, I like Shinobu so much so far.
Inosuke must face the resistant father demon spider, at first it seemed difficult to defeat, but Inosuke is too stubborn and ends up cutting off the demon's arm, but the damn demon changed his skin and now is more powerful which ends up demoralizing Inosuke, but he remember the words of Tanjirou and the old woman and he regains his fighting spirit, although this is not enough to fight evenly against the father demon spider and when this demon was about to kill Inosuke, Giyu arrives and gets rid of the father demon spider .

Tanjirou pisses off the kid demon spider by telling him that his family bond is false, the little monster is too powerful, that spider web is lethal that way he shattered the cocky demon slayer was terrifying. The worst part is that the spider web is so sharp that it shattered Tanjirou's katana and we don't know if Tanjirou received the lethal cut, what an overwhelming cliffhanger.

I don't know about you, but I think it's quite obvious that the kid demon spider is the one that belongs to the twelve demonic moons, the way in which the presence of this kid affected Tanjirou reminded me of when he met Kibutsuji Muzan.
Aug 3, 2019 5:23 PM

Aug 2018
Have no fear kids, the cavalry has arrived ! Seems like there's a very important gap between different ranks within the Demon Slayers.

But now Tanjiro's facing the final boss, who's a really tough guy, eh.
Aug 3, 2019 6:04 PM

Oct 2012
Rewatching the episode, I just realized something: Isn't half of Giyuu's clothes, Sabito's?

Of course, they were both trained by Urokodaki. The whole Water Breathing and all... But this means they were friends, right? So Giyuu wears his clothes as a memento or something. That is so beautiful if that's really it :( And such a nice detail. I wonder if the other half belonged to someone that Giyuu lost as well? Or if it's just part of his original clothes (since they are the same color as his swordhilt). awwww I want to know more about his story now.
Aug 3, 2019 6:09 PM

Jul 2016
Very good episode but DAMN CLIFFHANGER I CAN'T WAIT
Aug 3, 2019 6:14 PM

Jan 2009
i already know whats gonna happen but damn still excited

and we are not getting a new OP really?
Aug 3, 2019 6:35 PM

Jun 2016
Giyuu has the same abilities as tanjiro. I didn’t see that coming.
This new female character needs be more serious, a lot of rookies died, but she was in a great mood.
Aug 3, 2019 7:24 PM
Aug 2017
OH MY FUCKING GOD, THIS EPISODE. WHY the episodes ends so fast? I am breathless! I think Nezuko will save Tanjiro's ass this time or the spider sister will help him and maybe sacrifice herself
Aug 3, 2019 8:13 PM

Oct 2015
Giyuu sure made it look easy with that slash, after Inosuke has struggled so much against that ugly shit.

Can't wait for Tanjiro vs the abusive brother!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 3, 2019 9:03 PM

Jun 2013
I think this episode was important for Inosuke to grow. There are times when acting brash can be useful, he did slash off daddy spider's arm, however it can lead to death, whether that be his own or the death of others. What if the pillars didn't come? He would've been dead at that point because Tanjirou is busy fighting two other demons and Zenitsu can't move because of the poison coursing through his body.

Inosuke is going to grow from now on and in the manga, I started liking him much more after this arc. He still says and does dumb things and is still brash to an extent but he realizes his weakness and becomes more appreciative of others. In the previous episode, you can see him getting angry when Tanjirou was mentioning his wounds and trying to dress them. He's going to grow and so will all of them, including the pillars.

I'm glad to see Giyuu again, he's one of my favorite characters in the series. I'm so-so with Shinobu but she's a very important character. I can't wait to see Nezuko again next week. We need to see the muse again.
臭い-
Aug 3, 2019 9:49 PM

Feb 2014
Now THAT is a cliffhanger, don't remember the last time I was genuinely irritated I have to wait a week to see what happens

Aug 3, 2019 11:42 PM

Oct 2018
They really love cliffhangers, don't they?

Episodes end with a huge one, every damn time

It was a really good episode BTW!
Easily 5/5
Aug 3, 2019 11:49 PM

Jul 2016
No that cliffhanger!! That sure was a dirty move.
And also damn, poor random demon slayer. He got sliced as if he was cheese.

Overall, it was another nice episode. Inosuke had it rough against spider dad but he managed to put up a decent fight for the most time until Giyuu appeared. The little glimpse we got from his past was interesting, by the way. I hope his character receives more insight before this season concludes.

And on a side note, the scene where Shinobu descended over Zenitsu was simply beautiful. Not to mention that the OST used during the episode was quite spectacular as well.
Aug 3, 2019 11:55 PM

Mar 2019
Past: 5 out of 5: Loved it!

Present: 5 out of 5: Loved it!

Future: 5 out of 5: Loved it!
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Aug 4, 2019 12:08 AM

Dec 2014
well the swords got broken...hmmm sad
Aug 4, 2019 12:20 AM

Feb 2017
3 Katanas got wrecked this episode... xD
Badass giyuu :D
Aug 4, 2019 12:47 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
tottobennington said:

I like your sig. What anime is that from?
Aug 4, 2019 12:47 AM
Aug 2019
anyone knows what was the ost when shinobu appeared?
Aug 4, 2019 12:55 AM

Oct 2017
Woa both of their blades broke. Innosuke was saved but wonder what will happen to Tanjiro now that he is weaponless.
Aug 4, 2019 1:19 AM

Jan 2015
AddaeAkono said:
tottobennington said:

I like your sig. What anime is that from?

It’s from Trinity Seven
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
4 hours ago

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.