Forum Settings
Forums

Cast and Staff Announced for January 2020 TV Anime 'number24'

New
Aug 2, 2019 10:16 AM

Mar 2013
The official website for Movic's previously announced rugby anime number24 has announced cast and staff members on Friday. The series will premiere in January 2020 on Tokyo MX.

Cast
Natsusa Yuzuki: Kengo Kawanishi (Gunjou no Magmell)
Seiichirou Jingyouji: Ryouta Suzuki (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen)
Ibuki Ueoka: Junichi Yanagita (Rewrite)
Yasunari Tsuru: Shouhei Komatsu (Kenja no Mago)
Yuu Mashiro: Ayumu Murase (Haikyuu!!)
Gakuto Zaitsu: Hinata Tadokoro (Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan 2)
Ikuto Yufu: Shinnosuke Tachibana (Kamisama Hajimemashita)
Taisei Uchinashi: Makoto Furukawa (Kono Oto Tomare!)
Ethan Taylor: Kazuyuki Okitsu (Prison School)
Madoka Hongou: Souma Saitou (Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records)
Kazutaka Hongou: Kaito Ishikawa (Boku no Hero Academia)

Staff
Animation: Minefumi Harada (Saiyuuki Gaiden chief animation director)
Action Director: Fumiya Uehara (Digimon Adventure tri: Loss)
Clothing Design: Michiko Ohtani (Re:Stage! Dream Days♪ prop design)
Prop Design: Hiroshi Ogawa (Grand Blue)
Color Design: Yukiko Yamaguchi (Magic Kaito 1412)
3D Director: Akio Hayashi (Bikini Warriors director of photography)
Editing: Hitomi Sudou (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari)
Sound Director: Takatoshi Hamano (Tsuujou Kougeki ga Zentai Kougeki de Ni-kai Kougeki no Okaasan wa Suki Desu ka?)
Sound Production: Magic Capsule

number24 is an original anime planned by Kei Mori and designed by Yukikana (Isekai Omodenashi Gohan). Shigeru Kimiya (Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra episode director) is directing the series at PRA and chief animation director Saori Sakiguchi (Manaria Friends animation director) will be adapting Yukikana's designs for animation. Rika Nakase (Sekaiichi Hatsukoi) is penning the scripts and handling the series composition.

Source: Comic Natalie
Aug 2, 2019 10:21 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Seems really unappealing on first glance, from the title to the Staff/Studio.

I think I’ll just wait for the PV, trailers, Cast announcement and such for now.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 2, 2019 10:58 AM

Jun 2014
I'm glad they're making more Anime with hot guys, but I wish that they'd choose a sport that most people actually know how to play, like baseball.

I'm watching "Try Knights," but like most people in my area of the world, I know nothing about rugby, other than the fact that I was told by my parents that it was a rough sport, where people get hurt.

Aug 2, 2019 12:34 PM
May 2015
Mythologically said:
I wonder why this is being aired in 2020. Isn't the timing a bit off to be riding on the Rugby World Cup hype train?

My guess is because Try Knights is currently airing rn. Idk if Try Knights is running 1 or 2 cours, but they could've taken the Fall slot. Maybe they didn't want one rugby anime directly after the other?
Aug 2, 2019 12:39 PM
May 2015
I have no idea who anybody in the staff is, so I don't have any expectations for the show. As mentioned before, I'll wait on the PVs.

Rika Nakase(Sekaiichi Hatsukoi) is penning the scripts and handling the series composition.

Isn't that a BL? I hope it's not going be a fujobait sports series and will actually focus on the story and characters.
Aug 2, 2019 12:58 PM

Dec 2017
This anime looks like its going to be a fanservice anime for females, not a sports focused anime.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Aug 2, 2019 4:42 PM
May 2007
I'm hyped. This looks so promising and I'm trusting PRA with 10/10 cast. The characters looking amazing more than I expected, I'm loving them even more now. MC is a cutie <3

Seiya said:
I'm glad they're making more Anime with hot guys, but I wish that they'd choose a sport that most people actually know how to play, like baseball.

I'd rather them bishies playing a made-up sport like in Prince of Stride, so nobody will moan and whine about us getting some fanservice.
Aug 2, 2019 9:48 PM
Aug 2011
I'm already in love with that sassy one in the front. Looks like he gives no fucks whatsoever.
Aug 2, 2019 9:59 PM

Nov 2007
YoseiEgg said:
Idk if Try Knights is running 1 or 2 cours, but they could've taken the Fall slot. Maybe they didn't want one rugby anime directly after the other?
1 cours. Chihayafuru 3 will be airing on the same timeslot following it besides rebroadcast of Hunter x Hunter (2011) on AnichU (More Info.)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 15, 2019 6:51 AM

Feb 2019
thevagus said:
This anime looks like its going to be a fanservice anime for females, not a sports focused anime.

My thoughts exactly.
Sep 2, 2019 11:43 PM

Nov 2007
@Shadow-Chan Sorry, it was additional 2 that will attend the event before airing.
Sep 7, 2019 6:36 AM

Aug 2018
thevagus said:

As opposed to what exactly? Give me any kind of Shounen -even sports ones- that does not feature fanservice in the form of panty shots and breasts nearly bursting out of shirts.

The sports tag is a plot one, not a demographic one. So boys and men don't have the monopoly on it. And I'm getting really tired of comments like yours that act as if all sports anime automatically have to be shounen.

Just because it may feature animations that are catering towards the female audience doesn't make it automatically bad or not sports related. But in a lot of cases women prefer to have a strong focus on individual characters and their relationships slightly before the technical sports stuff which men find more boring, earning the series a low rating from them as a consequence. But you forget that women are also less likely to watch/enjoy normal sports broadcasts while there are a bunch of men basically glued to the couch on championship/cup broadcasts and the like.

80% of anime per season is aimed towards the male demographic with often times extreme fanservice even for boys around the age of 12. Yet there's this huge outcry whenever a series is aired that caters to females over the age of 16.

Do you know how ridiculously hard it is to find anything enjoyable as part of that demographic? Most animes aimed towards females are either for little girls or have abysmal quality and/or are either super short with episodes under 10 mins each or only get 1-2 OVAs. So let us have nice things (or the hope of getting them at least) too with different plot tropes (sports being one of them). Try Knights was a huge let down, proving my point about quality anime for our demographic once more. So let me hope that this one will actually be nice.
Sep 21, 2019 8:00 AM

Nov 2007
3 Drama CDs Releasing Between December 20, 2019 to March 27, 2020.
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1569055775
Sep 21, 2019 6:48 PM
May 2007
tsubasalover said:
3 Drama CDs Releasing Between December 20, 2019 to March 27, 2020.
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1569055775

Their chara visuals looking great, what an eye candy of college boys.
Oct 1, 2019 9:42 PM

Sep 2018
If this all fan service and just bishounen I'm okay with it lol but I hope there's still a "sports" theme here, training and competition! <3
Oct 2, 2019 4:47 PM
May 2007
YamEnele said:
If this all fan service and just bishounen I'm okay with it lol but I hope there's still a "sports" theme here, training and competition! <3

I mean, there are a few sports anime which combine all of that with artstyle and themes geared towards a female audience (Free, Yuri on Ice, Tsurune as top mentions), but that apparently invalidates all aspects of a "sports" anime according to shounen sports fanboys.

It's a universal reaction I've been noticing the longest whenever sports and other tags arean't shounen or seinen restricted. Even a female-focused sports is more acceptable and well-received by the community. I'm grateful @catonice pointed this dense behavior out. I'm yet to see 'fanservice for females' become unbearably excessive, forced for jokes and titillating.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
12 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.