Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 4 Discussion


Aug 3, 12:34 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2127
Natsuki_Hyundai said:
Siegfried10 said:
Anyway, this was just bad. They actually skipped 2/3 of the Bell vs Hyakhintus plus the other mistakes or things skipped. Thanks again JC Staff, i really hope they dont plan to adapt V8, because if they do Ishtar's arc will be a disaster considering how long it is.

Well, according to this post from earlier...
Mattinator95 said:
surprised they are doing only 2 volumes this season , thought this arc would be a 5 or 6 episodes long

...however I don't know where they sourced this from. But man, if it's true, then no volumes 9-10 arc (won't say name because of spoilers)! I was really looking forward to people's reactions... Oh well, I guess it's better to keep as much of the LN pure and untouched as possible, based on the comments I've been reading.



The OP pretty much confirms it's only vol 6 and 7
 
Aug 3, 12:36 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2127
LuckyJB said:
LuckyJB said:
I don't understand did Apollo allow for other familia to join the war?

What other familia joined the war? Mikoto, Welf, and Lili all joined Hestia's familia.

Wait really that's what happened? Thanks. That's so stupid though that Mikoto joined. That's not the only problem I have with her either. Her gravity magic was strong enough to hold everybody down for a while fine but no way she didn't exhaust a load of mana doing that yet he was still able to fight all those guys after letting them get up. Bell shouldn't have been able to beat that guy after barely training that's the biggest horseshit i've seen in a long time. Otherwise it was pretty neat I guess but animation seemed better in S1.


Bell trained for a week 24/7
 
Aug 3, 12:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 243
Siegfried10 said:
Well, this was just bad. JC Staff has been known for skip and rush things, which they did here, of course.

-Bell was not supposed to have the Hestia Knife here, as it was used to pay Lily's debt (they got it back with Apollo's money later)
-Welf forged a new knife (Ushiwakamarunishiki) with the remains of the minotaur's horn. As it was forged by a blacksmith with the forging skill it was actually quite strong. Bell used both minotaur's knife for the War Game.
-Mikoto didnt blocked or dodged all the attacks, she was actually injured and almost got taken down several times
-They skipped the fight between Bell and some low levels from Apollo, and his conversation with Ryuu when she told him that he was the one that had to defeat Hyakhintus.
-Argonaut here was a chime, not a bell.
-Cassandra actually begged Hyakhintus way more hardly and she pushed him out of the window, otherwise he wouldnt have resisted that 1 minute charged Firebolt...
-This was the worst mistake. The fight between Bell and Hyakhintus was longer, Bell used hit and run tactics while the pervert barely managed to block his attacks because of the speed difference, but he did blocked them. They skipped all this in the anime.
-They skipped the conversation between Hestia and Hermes where Hestia explained that Bell stats after beating the minotaur were all SS and SSS.
-The new minotaur knife was the one capable of breaking Hyakhintus's sword, but this one doesnt exist on the anime...
-The battle kept going, where Bell was starting to get exhausted, also skipped.
-Bell actually fired a Firebolt directly to Hyakhintus when he started casting his magic, injuring him greatly. Cassandra stops Bell after this.

Anyway, this was just bad. They actually skipped 2/3 of the Bell vs Hyakhintus plus the other mistakes or things skipped. Thanks again JC Staff, i really hope they dont plan to adapt V8, because if they do Ishtar's arc will be a disaster considering how long it is.


I had a feeling they had to skip some stuff / cut some content in order to wrap this up in a single episode, but I thought it would only be minor stuff. Knowing they cut so much content that was actually important plot points actually makes me mad. But then again, this is J.C. Staff we're talking about, the only expectations you can have when it comes to them are negative ones ¬_¬
Modified by JustAnAnimeList, Aug 4, 10:20 AM
 
Aug 3, 12:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 167
That was rushed AF, so disappointing...
 
Aug 3, 1:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 246
Did I miss something or did they really say the war game was supposed to be 3 days long? Kinda felt like an hour at most.
Also it's a bit weird that Hestia now has everything Apollo had but I guess that's what he gets for being a dumbass?

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
 
Aug 3, 1:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 762
So, the shape shifters shifting shape so she can sabotage Apollo's familia, now I'm wondering what drawbacks there are to shapeshifting since she transformed into luan... or is it more a case of the weakest link.
I was wondering how they'd stretch this episode out, I, personally, can't have seen this go on for 2-3 episodes so, in okay with it -although, it was a let down for all the attention in garnered in Orario... it felt like it'd be a day of festivities. But it wasn't.

It seems as though Apollo is heading to brecon be the big bad villain.

P.S.
Futsunomita is a beautiful move
 
Aug 3, 1:42 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 32
Paul said:


That emblem just looks like ink blobs.


It took me a sec to realize the shapes, so I'll point it out. Going from the top of the drawing, within the outline you see a large white area; that is the outside of the bell. As you can see, it is angled down toward the viewer and to the left. There is a white oval shaped blob within the black oval shaped blob... this is the piece of metal that would clang against the sides. In front of the bell slightly to the right going up and slightly to the right in the 1 o'clock position is a big black blob, that is the flame.

 
Aug 3, 1:48 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2127
K1ngOfSloth said:
Did I miss something or did they really say the war game was supposed to be 3 days long? Kinda felt like an hour at most.
Also it's a bit weird that Hestia now has everything Apollo had but I guess that's what he gets for being a dumbass?


They had to hold the castle for 3 days to win. They weren't expecting hetias familia to have a quick strategy in place
 
Aug 3, 1:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 7702
what a satisfying win by Bell Cranell!
it was also satisfying to see that crushed dude face done my Bell!
5/5.
 
Aug 3, 2:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 216
Wtf this War Game was big disappointment for me...

Only Hestia keeps level this anime XD
 
Aug 3, 2:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 327
After two episodes of build up I thought the war games was gonna be a arc, I didn’t expect for it to end in one episode. This episode was bad, especially the direction.

50 people where supposed to go after that elf girl, we only see like 5...

50 people where supposed to be trapped in Samurai girl’s gravity magic, you only saw like 10... It makes her look like an idiot for not just taking them out.

The scene where prophet girl clinges to Bell trying to protect her commander was supposed to be dramatic, but it fell flat.

The fight against asshole kun was underwhelming and too short. I knew he was going to lose the minute he charged Bell like a incompetent retard. We didn't see how Bell improved as a fighter, we just get asshole kun throw in one comment saying "Omg, how are you so fast?!". Show, don’t tell. This is just lazy writing.

There was no tension in the war games. No moment where I felt Bell’s party were in any immediate danger. It felt like they weren’t even serious, that’s how easy it was.

In the end Apollo lost everything: his mansion, his familia and was banished from Orario? Sorry, but as annoying as the Rapey God is that’s too much.

PS: The emblem looked shit
Modified by OG_Guts, Aug 3, 3:01 AM
 
Aug 3, 3:33 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2127
OG_Guts said:


how Bell improved as a fighter, we just get asshole kun throw in one comment saying "Omg, how are you so fast?!". Show, don’t tell. This is just lazy writing.


the end Apollo lost everything: his mansion, his familia and was banished from Orario? Sorry, but as annoying as the Rapey God is that’s too much.

50 people where supposed to be trapped in Samurai girl’s gravity magic, you only saw like 10... It makes her look like an idiot for not just taking them out.



(1) they did but they only showed it for like a min in episode 3 . cant except them to show a week worth of training that would just be a waste of time and they ignored his status update before the game .


2) no its not too much he was going to do the same thing to hestia and Apollo already agreed on anything hestia wants if she won because he thought he had no chance for losing ,

he burnt down her house and which had everything she had owned as well as any savings she had , she was chased around the city and he was trying to take bell from her and force her to leave lower world




3) she was supposed run all over the grounds drawing them in and stopped in the central courtyard so they would all be in one place. She was brandishing a fake Crozzo Magic sword so that even those who were tricked by Lili's order to target a girl with a magic swords also chased her.



and obviously the symbol would look shit because its a rough drawing
Modified by Mattinator95, Aug 3, 7:48 AM
 
Aug 3, 3:38 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 236
So Bell-kun, who almost got beaten to death in the first episode by the red-haired guy, can now knock him out with one swing of his dagger and one fist punch???



this is too much of a power increase
 
Aug 3, 3:42 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2127
Byniavo said:
So Bell-kun, who almost got beaten to death in the first episode by the red-haired guy, can now knock him out with one swing of his dagger and one fist punch???



this is too much of a power increase


he was training for a week , it showed him training in episode 3 , they ignored the status update before the war
 
Aug 3, 3:42 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 1470
Wahahaha... the Hestia familia got the last Laugh!!! Hahaha..

Those Apollo familia are now exiled and their properties even the mansion now belongs to hestia familia. big win for bell and hestia
 
Aug 3, 3:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1082
And this is why you can't expect much from light novel adaptations....yes Apollo Familia got what they deserved but holy shit that was quite the rush job that made everything look like convenient plot armor. Anyways, this felt like a bad filler arc so...hopefully the rest of this shit will actually bring something decent. 3/5
Don't believe the hype.
 
Aug 3, 4:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 443
Well, i was expecting the war games to be atleast two episodes, but this is fine as well. Lots of action this episode. Oh yeah, I liked smug Hestia in the end, so much for the Apollo Familia now.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
 
Aug 3, 4:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 3141
I'm honestly surprised the War Game was resolved as quickly as it was, especially after spending three episodes building up to it. Sure, it was satisfying seeing Hestia get the last laugh over Apollo, but it feels anticlimactic how easy it was. And they didn't even explain what the pendant Syr gave Bell was actually for, so what was that all about?
 
Aug 3, 4:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2051
Im so glad to see the punishment was actually severe. Anime logic wise I thought Apollo would get away lightly.

Nice to the point episode with no cliffhanger. Great!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
 
Aug 3, 4:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 490
Hestia is bestia but man smug Hestia is just on another level. Fight animation was okay~ish. I'm really liking the pacing for this show.
 
Aug 3, 5:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 258
Great episode but i would have liked more hurting on that bastard from the apollo familia.
 
Aug 3, 8:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 53
Nice Episode Hestia's familia got a big good home, May be Hestia's familia can get good members it doesn't matter

I want more Romance from this anime but
Atmosphere becoming better now :>
 
Aug 3, 8:14 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 18
Leo said:
They finished the war game in one episode. Good thing Bell and his group were able to win it. They really got stronger, especially Bell and Ryu was cool as always. Overall a pretty good episode. Hestia and her familia got a new home which is nice.
you're wrong, just two things were rushed but the others are like this
 
Aug 3, 8:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 195
I am not mad but a bit dissapointed,this felt really rushed with the FInal FIght does it count as fight?Originaly it was much longer and Bad ass Fight and there was conversation beetwen Hermes and Hestia about Bells stats(All S and his speed SSS)
but it was skipped and FIght rushed AF!!! Liked the episodes but we have 8 episodes left that will adapt only vol.7 so I wonder how will they adapt it since they could adapt it in 4-5 episodes like vol.6 and what about a rest? we will see
 
Aug 3, 8:32 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 59
OG_Guts said:
After two episodes of build up I thought the war games was gonna be a arc, I didn’t expect for it to end in one episode. This episode was bad, especially the direction.

50 people where supposed to go after that elf girl, we only see like 5...

50 people where supposed to be trapped in Samurai girl’s gravity magic, you only saw like 10... It makes her look like an idiot for not just taking them out.

The scene where prophet girl clinges to Bell trying to protect her commander was supposed to be dramatic, but it fell flat.

The fight against asshole kun was underwhelming and too short. I knew he was going to lose the minute he charged Bell like a incompetent retard. We didn't see how Bell improved as a fighter, we just get asshole kun throw in one comment saying "Omg, how are you so fast?!". Show, don’t tell. This is just lazy writing.

There was no tension in the war games. No moment where I felt Bell’s party were in any immediate danger. It felt like they weren’t even serious, that’s how easy it was.

In the end Apollo lost everything: his mansion, his familia and was banished from Orario? Sorry, but as annoying as the Rapey God is that’s too much.

PS: The emblem looked shit

Its not lazy writing but actually lazy directing. The problem here was JC Staff, not the source material. The War Game should have been 2 episodes but they rushed it.

There were 22 people going after Mikoto in the LN, and they were supposed to injure her and almost take her down several times. The anime decided to make it look like she had no problems...

When Cassandra told Hyakhintus to run, in the LN she actually begged him hard and actually pushed him through the window to save him from Bell's super firebolt.

The Bell vs Hyakhintus in the anime was simply trash, they skipped all the close quarter combat and jumped to the end of the fight. Bell was supposed to have a fight where he showed his skills, speed and strenght but that was skipped in the anime for the sake of ending this in 1 episode. 2/3 of the fight were skipped.

The ending for Apollo isnt too much, thats normal in conflicts between Familias. In Episode 1 there was a conversation about how Freya and Loki expelled Zeus and Hera Familias from the City for the sake of being the top dogs of the City (skipped in the anime). Besides, Apollo planned to send Hestia back to heaven, he cant complain about this.
 
Aug 3, 9:03 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2127
Siegfried10 said:
OG_Guts said:
After two episodes of build up I thought the war games was gonna be a arc, I didn’t expect for it to end in one episode. This episode was bad, especially the direction.

50 people where supposed to go after that elf girl, we only see like 5...

50 people where supposed to be trapped in Samurai girl’s gravity magic, you only saw like 10... It makes her look like an idiot for not just taking them out.

The scene where prophet girl clinges to Bell trying to protect her commander was supposed to be dramatic, but it fell flat.

The fight against asshole kun was underwhelming and too short. I knew he was going to lose the minute he charged Bell like a incompetent retard. We didn't see how Bell improved as a fighter, we just get asshole kun throw in one comment saying "Omg, how are you so fast?!". Show, don’t tell. This is just lazy writing.

There was no tension in the war games. No moment where I felt Bell’s party were in any immediate danger. It felt like they weren’t even serious, that’s how easy it was.

In the end Apollo lost everything: his mansion, his familia and was banished from Orario? Sorry, but as annoying as the Rapey God is that’s too much.

PS: The emblem looked shit

Its not lazy writing but actually lazy directing. The problem here was JC Staff, not the source material. The War Game should have been 2 episodes but they rushed it.

There were 22 people going after Mikoto in the LN, and they were supposed to injure her and almost take her down several times. The anime decided to make it look like she had no problems...

When Cassandra told Hyakhintus to run, in the LN she actually begged him hard and actually pushed him through the window to save him from Bell's super firebolt.

The Bell vs Hyakhintus in the anime was simply trash, they skipped all the close quarter combat and jumped to the end of the fight. Bell was supposed to have a fight where he showed his skills, speed and strenght but that was skipped in the anime for the sake of ending this in 1 episode. 2/3 of the fight were skipped.

The ending for Apollo isnt too much, thats normal in conflicts between Familias. In Episode 1 there was a conversation about how Freya and Loki expelled Zeus and Hera Familias from the City for the sake of being the top dogs of the City (skipped in the anime). Besides, Apollo planned to send Hestia back to heaven, he cant complain about this.


i don't remember a scene where Mikoto magic runs out , didn't it last until the war game ended in the LN
 
Aug 3, 9:14 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 59
Mattinator95 said:
Siegfried10 said:

Its not lazy writing but actually lazy directing. The problem here was JC Staff, not the source material. The War Game should have been 2 episodes but they rushed it.

There were 22 people going after Mikoto in the LN, and they were supposed to injure her and almost take her down several times. The anime decided to make it look like she had no problems...

When Cassandra told Hyakhintus to run, in the LN she actually begged him hard and actually pushed him through the window to save him from Bell's super firebolt.

The Bell vs Hyakhintus in the anime was simply trash, they skipped all the close quarter combat and jumped to the end of the fight. Bell was supposed to have a fight where he showed his skills, speed and strenght but that was skipped in the anime for the sake of ending this in 1 episode. 2/3 of the fight were skipped.

The ending for Apollo isnt too much, thats normal in conflicts between Familias. In Episode 1 there was a conversation about how Freya and Loki expelled Zeus and Hera Familias from the City for the sake of being the top dogs of the City (skipped in the anime). Besides, Apollo planned to send Hestia back to heaven, he cant complain about this.


i don't remember a scene where Mikoto magic runs out , didn't it last until the war game ended in the LN

It did, Mikoto doesnt appear again until the war game ends.
 
Aug 3, 9:45 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2127
just remembered this adaption dosn't really go into depth about experience and levelling . a comment from a user on a Crunchyroll forum explains it better then me



"Experience can be gained through anything that uses the associated stats. Killing monsters does not give experience like it would in an RPG. Simply fighting or using magic gains experience. For example, lifting weights would give "strength" experience. Bells speed stats raise quickly because he is an agile dagger user and runs around a lot. You are often pushed when in the dungeon, so experience gain is faster there, but while fighting two level 6's to learn how to fight people not monsters, you bet Bell would rack up a TON of experience. They would be stronger than anything he would encounter in the dungeon right now, at least safely because they wouldn't kill him, and because there was no real danger to Bell, he would have gained zero Excelia from training with Ais and Tiona.

Another thing to note is that this series makes a very strong distinction between experience and excelia. Experience is what raises stats, but excelia is what is required to gain levels, and no amount of general grinding will give you excelia. Excelia is gained through trails, extreme situations, an other events that push you to and past your limits. They do not need to be singular HUGE events to gain excelia. In fact, most adventurers gain levels slowly through smaller excelia gains, but that takes forever. Ais defeated a lower floor boss on her own which gained her a crap-ton of excelia, leveling her to 6. That's why they say you need to go on an adventure to level up. Bell has been thrown into one harrowing event after another, which has helped him gain excelia quickly."
 
Aug 3, 10:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 870
Can't tell if it's good or bad this ended in one episode, though I'm leaning towards good because this was one hell of a contrived Deus Ex Machina episode with some impressive BS power ups for almost every character. This was just a justice boner in anime form that gave no thought to consistency.





 
Aug 3, 10:49 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 895
Terrible episode, he wins with 1 punch. What the fuck? After getting his ass kicked in the last 3 episodes.
 
Aug 3, 11:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 870
Mattinator95 said:
Yautja said:
Can't tell if it's good or bad this ended in one episode, though I'm leaning towards good because this was one hell of a contrived Deus Ex Machina episode with some impressive BS power ups for almost every character. This was just a justice boner in anime form that gave no thought to consistency.


there was no deus ex machina everything did happen in consistency but was poorly handled ,

every power that was used , has been shown before



Level 2s all of a sudden beating dozens of enemies and Bell beating a level 3 because trying hard and a lucky necklace is bs and are a deus ex machina. Surprise power ups are 100% Deus Ex Machinas.

In regards to the skills, Deus ex machinas don't need to be introduced in the literal moment for it to be a deus ex machina, just for the manner it's resolved in to be abrupt and contrived. The easiest example of that is the whole "power of friendship" shit you see often enough.





 
Aug 3, 12:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2127
Siegfried10 said:
Mattinator95 said:


i don't remember a scene where Mikoto magic runs out , didn't it last until the war game ended in the LN

It did, Mikoto doesnt appear again until the war game ends.


thought so , they also didn't show his status getting updated for the war game
 
Aug 3, 12:34 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3
They somehow failed to mention this, but because of the intense training Bell went through he actually leveled up, thats how he was able to win against Hyacinthos. I've seen a few complaints that Hestia familia won because they're OP and the main characters, and while that is partially true it's pretty clear why they won. Lili spreading misinformation from the inside, Ryu (who's a level 4 adventurer by the way, and one of the stronger ones out there) wasting half of their forces who are probably underpowered to begin with, Mikoto holding down a massive force of people with literal gravity, and Welf being... well, Welf, it's pretty clear that if any single one of them was no there, the entire plan would have failed.
 
Aug 3, 12:56 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1070
And Hestia's team wins.......Apollo loses everything.


Modified by JiangHaoyi1979, Aug 3, 1:00 PM
 
Aug 3, 1:17 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 9
How can anyone be surprised they got to keep Apollo's house at the end of the war when the OP totally spoils everything up to this point?

And I'm glad they didn't use more than one episode to end this war because Apollo really doesn't deserve more, and it's far more humiliating to kick his ass so fast!
 
Aug 3, 1:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 1026
Hestia didn't hold back with her demands lol.
 
Aug 3, 1:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 246
Honestly I didn’t like this episode, it was so fast and it didn’t gives me the opportunity to appreciate what I was seeing. This arc is only two episodes long, I was thinking that this would be the main argument for the majority of this season. Probably this is the worst episode of this first four episodes.
 
Aug 3, 1:50 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 59
magicfrog13 said:
They somehow failed to mention this, but because of the intense training Bell went through he actually leveled up, thats how he was able to win against Hyacinthos. I've seen a few complaints that Hestia familia won because they're OP and the main characters, and while that is partially true it's pretty clear why they won. Lili spreading misinformation from the inside, Ryu (who's a level 4 adventurer by the way, and one of the stronger ones out there) wasting half of their forces who are probably underpowered to begin with, Mikoto holding down a massive force of people with literal gravity, and Welf being... well, Welf, it's pretty clear that if any single one of them was no there, the entire plan would have failed.

He didnt level up, but all his stats were at S. This situation was pretty similar to the minotaur fight.

Yautja said:
Mattinator95 said:


there was no deus ex machina everything did happen in consistency but was poorly handled ,

every power that was used , has been shown before



Level 2s all of a sudden beating dozens of enemies and Bell beating a level 3 because trying hard and a lucky necklace is bs and are a deus ex machina. Surprise power ups are 100% Deus Ex Machinas.

In regards to the skills, Deus ex machinas don't need to be introduced in the literal moment for it to be a deus ex machina, just for the manner it's resolved in to be abrupt and contrived. The easiest example of that is the whole "power of friendship" shit you see often enough.

Bell defeated Hyakhintus because of all the stats he gathered as a Level 1 (SS and SSS) plus his stats as a Level 2 (all S). Anime skipped the status update where we see his current stats, or the conversation when Hermes asked Hestia about his Level 1 stats. It was actually explained in the LN why Bell as a Level 2 could fight on par with Hyakhintus, a Level 3.

Also, the necklace was magic item prepared by Freya (who gave it to Syr) to give Bell some protection. It was the necklace what protected him from Hyakhintus magic.

Welf defeating some Level 2 is not bullshit. Will-o-Wisp is an anti-mage magic that forces an Ignis Fatuus (magic self destruction) which deals heavy damage on monsters, and pretty much OHKO adventurers. If you have seen S1 you would know. And MIkoto's magic was strong enough to restrict the movement of a Level 5 Black Goliath for some moments, you can imagine what would happen to a Level 1 or 2. Magic was established as a game breaker power since the very start of Danmachi.



Only_Brad said:
Terrible episode, he wins with 1 punch. What the fuck? After getting his ass kicked in the last 3 episodes.

Not really, he was supposed to receive more damage but JCS decided to skip pretty much all the fight so they could end this in one episode.
 
Aug 3, 2:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 870
Siegfried10 said:
Yautja said:


Level 2s all of a sudden beating dozens of enemies and Bell beating a level 3 because trying hard and a lucky necklace is bs and are a deus ex machina. Surprise power ups are 100% Deus Ex Machinas.

In regards to the skills, Deus ex machinas don't need to be introduced in the literal moment for it to be a deus ex machina, just for the manner it's resolved in to be abrupt and contrived. The easiest example of that is the whole "power of friendship" shit you see often enough.

Bell defeated Hyakhintus because of all the stats he gathered as a Level 1 (SS and SSS) plus his stats as a Level 2 (all S). Anime skipped the status update where we see his current stats, or the conversation when Hermes asked Hestia about his Level 1 stats. It was actually explained in the LN why Bell as a Level 2 could fight on par with Hyakhintus, a Level 3.

Also, the necklace was magic item prepared by Freya (who gave it to Syr) to give Bell some protection. It was the necklace what protected him from Hyakhintus magic.

Welf defeating some Level 2 is not bullshit. Will-o-Wisp is an anti-mage magic that forces an Ignis Fatuus (magic self destruction) which deals heavy damage on monsters, and pretty much OHKO adventurers. If you have seen S1 you would know. And MIkoto's magic was strong enough to restrict the movement of a Level 5 Black Goliath for some moments, you can imagine what would happen to a Level 1 or 2. Magic was established as a game breaker power since the very start of Danmachi.

I'm already aware of Bell's ridiculous power up skill and ridiculous stats, that is the premise of the series, and totally ignores the point of the criticism, thanks. Kinda like how that even tho his skills are high, the actual level up makes a significant difference, and how ridiculously fast this was, even for him. Or how poorly done the fight was.

That's literally a Deus Ex Machina, so thank you for making my point.

Good job missing the argument. The argument being that how exactly she can take on a couple dozen people or so after using said extremely exhausting magic, or how Welf's magic bullet of a spell conveniently OHKOs everyone, all of which happens to be mages except for that one guy. Not like troop diversity for flexibility would be a thing.

Yea, sure buddy. Whatever. I'm not going to argue with fan boi logic from a guy who only comes out of the wood work to defend DanMachi, the epitome of mediocre from any and all valid criticism.





 
Aug 3, 2:28 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 3975
That was handled pretty neatly good job studio wasting time on this arc would have been a big mistake.
 
Aug 3, 2:53 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 65
Stupidest episode i've seen this year. 1/5
 
Aug 3, 3:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 253
Regardless of the bits missed,I still enjoyed this episode,esp Hestia's victory face,so smug :)
Shame Bell's fight was so quick,and I think they could have extended it through the end credits or something,but hey,it was worth to see the look on Apollo's face :)
 
Aug 3, 4:23 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 4
Fun fact: Cassandra's name is derived from Cassandra, the princess of Troy and a prophetess who was cursed by Apollo to never have her prophecies believed
(Cassandra is the girl who grabbed Bell in the end)
Foreshadow 10/10
 
Aug 3, 5:44 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 68
...damn.. this is just sad, this episode dropped everything good about this anime, i might aswell watch maou-sama retry instaid.

 
Aug 3, 7:00 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1
They skipped over so many things... Well it seems like this season will cover 3 lns. I guess that is better than the last season. But damn that last fight was a lot longer and better in light novels.
 
Aug 3, 7:07 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 52
lame episode...all those hype they build up and we got this very lame episode, some dodging and a punch and its the end.
 
Aug 3, 7:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 239
Maybe I missed something here, but I thought Hestia could only bring in one other person to the war game? Which I thought might've been Lily.
 
Aug 3, 8:09 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2300
didn't expect the war game to be only 1 episode lol
 
Aug 3, 9:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 336
I'm shocked the war game was only one episode, the build up to it was great. Ryuu is such a badass.
 
Aug 3, 9:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 4400
Hooray for Hestia and Bell In your face Apollo and all the rest of you trolls
 
Top
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »