Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Dr. Stone Episode 5 Discussion

Aug 8, 3:05 AM
SoraSenpai said:
There has been a heavy amount of Space references in this series especially in this episode which really didn't resonate with me until the thought crossed my mind of..."Well what if there were people in space when the Stoning took place" Just imagine coming back down to earth and everyone is turned to stone. Thats terrifying.

Felt more like a filler episode to me but still gave some nice details about how Senku survived.

Well, you are not wrong

Aug 8, 10:00 AM

Absolutely in love with Dr. Stone. The what if scenes with Tsukasa and them as friends really got me emotional :'( Such a good episode and my favourite anime to come out in so long!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

Aug 8, 3:12 PM

Time to get to the good stuff now that this arc is all but finished.
Anime sucks.

Aug 9, 6:22 AM

Senkuu the Shiny Monkey! Love those monkeys observing him. Haha

"Let me keep believing... so that I can keep on living."

Aug 14, 12:55 PM

So did Senku just wake up by willpower, basically?

Aug 14, 12:59 PM

Also, the episode pace was not really a big problem for me. Maybe because i've grown up with 20th century shounen and saw worse pacing.

Aug 14, 7:56 PM

Switch_Z said:
So did Senku just wake up by willpower, basically?

Long process of bats peeing little by little on him resulted in very long lasting, but successfull depetrification.

Aug 17, 8:00 PM

the monkey's commentary was all i needed for this episode

Aug 20, 2:12 AM

Some surprisingly impressive teamwork with Taiju and Yuzuhira.

Senku surviving was expected but the way he survived wasn’t as BS as I expected.

The monkeys reaction to Senku was hilarious.

Sep 3, 4:00 AM
looks like i was right i guessed that senku would have the stone things on his neck which is why he cracks his neck all the time,

baiting tsukasa to crack his neck was clever if that was his intent

lol the monkeys where funny thought it was funny how they added voices to convey the monkeys thoughts

Sep 5, 8:11 PM

Okay these predictions / character readings are getting kind of ridiculous with that boulder throw. And of course the massive explosion that killed no one, or even blew them off the mountain. Like obviously this anime isn't realistic, but once you cross a certain line everything loses meaning because anything can happen. Then of course Senkuu gets revived, did anyone really expect him not to? They repair his neck by removing the small piece of stone that was still remaining on it, kind of an interesting gimmick I guess. I wonder if they'll somehow figure out how to use the stone + juice formula to heal from scratch at some point. Then we get a flashback that shows Senkuu's point of view when he first broke out. Not the best episode to be honest.
Stream of conscious ramblings.

Sep 8, 8:42 PM

I'm sorry but...there's a lot of cringe moments for me watching this series. And by a lot I mean pretty much every moment.

I can't quite point my finger on what about it that makes me feel like I'm forcing myself to keep watching, but I'm sure it definitely has to do with how it incorporates comedy in a very serious situation...making it very hard to take anything seriously at all even when I'm supposed to. I know I'm not supposed to take it seriously, and yes, the monkey moments did make me laugh. An example of what I mean exactly would be when Tsukasa says to Senku "I know you aren't lying because you would never lie because you're a man of science" or something along those lines. They literally JUST MET and he knows Senku hm that's great and all but what if he actually told you a lie and you're screwed on this planet alone.

While I appreciated them showing Senku's past(finally... some characterization) and I appreciate that there are finally scientists in anime who are represented as human beings with something called morals and decency..I don't really care for the plot because it seems to be going nowhere. And Senku's past didn't really contribute too much either in my opinion like it just solidified what the show wants us to know about him. Like wow ok guess his genius mind is justified because of his passion, brilliant mind, determination and the resources he had. Couldn't have guessed that.

Even when the squad left to go make gunpowder like wow okay that's exciting....anew weapon unlocked. Let's quickly try to one up Tsukasa, leave the murderer alone as he continues to murder people and just come back and threaten him sounds like a great plan. Tsukasa also conveniently knows EXACTLY what the three were up to, and word for word said they were going to make weapons of science. I literally laughed at that scene because it was so ridiculous to me.
Modified by EarlCiel, Sep 8, 8:47 PM

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]