Forum Settings
Forums

FMA: Brotherhood is no longer the top anime on MAL !! :O

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Aug 2, 2019 4:00 PM

Jun 2017
Deg said:
mhkr said:
Another reason we have to move to AniList
how good is the "Keeping track of stuff" there?

I was joking. I don't prefer AniList to MAL but I assume in the next 3-4 years AniList will get the popularity of MAL with this situation.

But I don't think people too much care about it there. Definitely much less than here
Aug 2, 2019 4:44 PM

Dec 2018
kuraharah said:
imagodlikeBeerus said:
like I said its an exageration read my second post before talking lmao.
I literally don't refresh this thread every two minutes before posting to check if you maybe or maybe not replied to someone else lmao.

Yeah well maybe you should do that next time if you feel like someone might have already pointed it out.
Aug 2, 2019 4:59 PM
Apr 2016
Seems like old accounts got de-activated, from what I see. So, it's actually no longer top 1?
Aug 2, 2019 5:02 PM
May 2018
wait a min? This show had over 900k votes on score, now it's down to 800k or am i just high?
Aug 2, 2019 5:09 PM

Dec 2018
kuraharah said:
imagodlikeBeerus said:

Yeah well maybe you should do that next time if you feel like someone might have already pointed it out.
We literally posted with few minutes difference so maybe no need to act all that sass just because you now had to explain your questionable "exagerrations" to multiple people at once.

I wasn't being sass, you're the one who was like "speak for yourself" when you could've answered my post in a simpler way.I'm sorry if im wrong but it felt like you were trying to get me to answer you in a bad way.whatever this is probably the stupidest debate ive ever had so lets stop and im sorry if I offended you.
Aug 2, 2019 5:18 PM

Jan 2019
steins; gate at number 2? hell yes ! did the bots get cleaned up or something?
Aug 2, 2019 5:21 PM

Jul 2019
People can say they don't like it, but to say it is only a solid basic anime that doesn't offer anything new is unfair and doesn't do justice to the characters of it and its story. There is way more plot than just a generic enemy wanting to destroy the world that gets beaten by a generic protagonist.
BiDiGiNAug 2, 2019 7:40 PM
Aug 2, 2019 6:09 PM

Dec 2017
I really can't understand why people take myanimelist scores so serious.
Aug 2, 2019 7:23 PM

May 2018
OneNaughtyBear said:
What's so good about this AoT season?

Shiganshina is my favorite arc in the manga and there's even better upcoming battle in the manga. Is ranking changes just a glitch though? Does MAL make any announcement? I think it just a glitch and FMA: Brotherhood will back at no 1.
Papa_ScorchAug 2, 2019 7:34 PM
Aug 2, 2019 7:32 PM
✿。

Apr 2012
I don’t really care about rankings tbh, but the fact that FMAB dropped so fast is kinda suspicious. Won’t be surprised if it turns out to be some sort of glitch though, lol.

:: Sʏᴍᴘʜᴏɴɪᴀ

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

☆ ★ ☆ ★
Aug 2, 2019 7:38 PM

Nov 2008
I'm more pissed off about Gintama being in the top 10 because I've seen more than one episode now and it is garbage.

Aug 2, 2019 8:13 PM
Aug 2019
This is pretty crazy, FMAB went from 9.25 to 9.10? Some is definitely fishy, I wonder what is going to happen. It 100% deserves the number 1 spot
Aug 2, 2019 8:14 PM

Jul 2019
Sphinxter said:
puneetsingh said:
Dragon ball z was unique in its time. DBS is worse than DBZ because DBZ was consistent for what it diid.
Actually what you are tkaing about is a mostly enjoyament based rating not popularity based because Sword art online is #3 in popularity but wait it doesn't beat Fmab which is #4 in popularity.
What I meant with "popular rating" is "rating by the people", not so much popular ranking.
Obviously if more people watched something the more people will rate it. Teens shows are popular though.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Aug 2, 2019 8:18 PM

Jul 2019
FarhanSajid1 said:
This is pretty crazy, FMAB went from 9.25 to 9.10? Some is definitely fishy, I wonder what is going to happen. It 100% deserves the number 1 spot
It's most likely just a bug. It happened before to SNK season 1 both positively and negatively. It also happened to OPM season 1 too(positively). Don't worry because thier ratings got back to their normal places after sometime.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Aug 2, 2019 8:23 PM
Aug 2019
puneetsingh said:
FarhanSajid1 said:
It's most likely just a bug. It happened before to SNK season 1 both positively and negatively. It also happened to OPM season 1 too(positively). Don't worry because thier ratings got back to their normal places after sometime.

I'm hoping so, I've been following Myanimelist rankings for years, but sporadically, so this comes as a shock when I checked last week and FMAB was #1 and was wondering how close Attack on titan season 3 part 2 was. So I almost passed out when I saw FMAB at 6th. I hope they fix this.
Aug 2, 2019 8:32 PM

Jul 2019
FarhanSajid1 said:
puneetsingh said:

I'm hoping so, I've been following Myanimelist rankings for years, but sporadically, so this comes as a shock when I checked last week and FMAB was #1 and was wondering how close Attack on titan season 3 part 2 was. So I almost passed out when I saw FMAB at 6th. I hope they fix this.
If Fma got back to it's original place then it maybe even higher in rating than 9.24 because some users are making huge numbers of accounts to give FMA 10's whereas Snk is suffering because it's downvoted by huge numbers of accounts as its ratings of 1's increased upto 0.8% which were 0.6% before and it is just because it become #1.
Aug 2, 2019 10:27 PM

May 2015
I've been seeing FMAB in the number 1 spot for so long that rn the page looks so weird for me
Aug 2, 2019 11:33 PM

Oct 2017
Tfw ten years of boosting with alts suddenly becomes useless...
Aug 2, 2019 11:45 PM
Jul 2018
KatsutoSaki said:

I mean, that's it. That's what is so annoying about that whole list theme. People keep whining about numbers to the point, where they try to drag other shows down. Please, just enjoy your own anime and keep calm.
removed-userAug 3, 2019 6:36 AM
Aug 3, 2019 4:59 AM

Apr 2016
Attack on titan is shit and arguably the worst anime i've ever witnessed with both of my eyes, the fact that it's 1 is cancer and it is making me cancered
Aug 3, 2019 5:03 AM
Jul 2018
Akhdas said:
Attack on titan is shit and arguably the worst anime i've ever witnessed with both of my eyes, the fact that it's 1 is cancer and it is making me cancered

Yeah I also have the same opinion on fmab
Aug 3, 2019 5:09 AM
Dec 2017
i guess we will just have to agree to disagree
we gonna be stones until stone ocean
Aug 3, 2019 5:50 AM

Apr 2014
yeah thats pretty weird for it to drop so many spaces so quickly
Aug 3, 2019 5:57 AM

Jul 2019
Maneki-Mew said:
KatsutoSaki said:

I mean, that's it. That's what is so annoying about that whole list theme. People keep whining about numbers to the point, where they try to drag other shows down. Please, just enjoy your own anime amd keep calm.
Yep, hating other people tastes because their anime is popular/highly rated is stupid.
Aug 3, 2019 6:00 AM

Oct 2018
Not top anime on MAL site? nah not really mind...it's mal after all.
Aug 3, 2019 6:08 AM

Jan 2014
Xstasy said:
Sphinxter said:
It's popular rating.

This is a system where apparently Dragon Ball Z is rated higher than Serial Experiments Lain — it's hard to take it seriously.

It also wouldn't surprise me if average reviewer that rated Lain highly has a lower mean score than of F.M.A.B..

To be fair Serial Experiments Lain would probably go over the head of an average viewer it's more of an niche anime for few intellectual inclined.

"To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎"
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Aug 3, 2019 6:14 AM

Jul 2019
laviha said:
Akhdas said:

Don't worry. Both of you can give 10 or 1 to your loved anime or hated one respectively. You all are right though as it is has recently founded that Cancer is a problem which is also related to watching some anime. Scientists are researching the danger level of cancer in Fmab and snk. You can report the people to police who are making these shows #1.

Not to mention the story about some fans who are getting depression after this shocking thing happened. If I would accidentally talk to any of them in this few days time then they will verbally attack me and also the ones near them physically but what I can do, nothing?

Take care.
Aug 3, 2019 6:46 AM
Jul 2018
puneetsingh said:
laviha said:

Don't worry. Both of you can give 10 or 1 to your loved anime or hated one respectively. You all are right though as it is has recently founded that Cancer is a problem which is also related to watching some anime. Scientists are researching the danger level of cancer in Fmab and snk. You can report the people to police who are making these shows #1.

Not to mention the story about some fans who are getting depression after this shocking thing happened. If I would accidentally talk to any of them in this few days time then they will verbally attack me and also the ones near them physically but what I can do, nothing?

Take care.

yeah thanks for the advice........
Aug 3, 2019 7:05 AM

Jul 2019
fZeonn said:
puneetsingh said:

Take care.

yes let me rate shows 1 because i dislike its fanbase or didn’t think the show interesting, then again there are hundreds of users who do this anyways.
Yep, I can't stop you from rating it a !. Back in the day I mostly watched anime without lurking in the fanbases. Wait a minute, you will going to rate a show on the basis of a fanbase sometimes. More than a million people watched it. There is a mixture of good/bad fans but as I said I can't stop u though and I also can't stop the uncontrollable users too.
puneetsinghAug 3, 2019 7:09 AM
Aug 3, 2019 7:16 AM

Jul 2019
laviha said:
puneetsingh said:

Take care.

yeah thanks for the advice........
I just have a week or two left for using my laptop for anime/Mal etc. Therefore I m just being more active here and there I will be back again in December though.
Aug 3, 2019 7:47 AM

Aug 2018
FMAB fans are bunch of butthurts downvoting SNK to 1

Aug 3, 2019 7:56 AM
Apr 2017
Akhdas said:
Every cloud has a silver lining indeed.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Aug 3, 2019 8:03 AM
Nov 2016
Heimur said:
Gneissic said:
Great, the tip of my pencil broke after I dropped it on the floor and now it's as pointless as these rating threads. I guess I'll have to go make a post about how School Rumble isn't in the top 500 because Gintama fans probably make fake accounts to down vote it so that way Gintama can be at the top of the comedy list. Or maybe I should just go back to watching anime? Nah, I think I'll set up some new accounts to bot ratings all over the place instead, that'll teach them.

? What makes you think that Gintama fans are scared of School Rumble?
I like Gintama and almost never see anyone talking about that other show

Whoosh. Seriously, how could you take that as his actual opinion?
Aug 3, 2019 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
seems fishy to me?
how can the average rating drop all of sudden like that
Aug 3, 2019 8:13 AM

Jul 2019
mythicalcatxd said:
seems fishy to me?
how can the average rating drop all of sudden like that
It's most likely a bug. It happened to snk season 1 (both +vely and -vely) and opm season 1 (+vely) too and then after some time their ratings get back to their normal number back.
Aug 3, 2019 8:23 AM

Oct 2018
It's so fun reading stupid people arguing which fan base is worse, SnK or FMA

They think their favorite anime is perfect and the fans of it are some saints, and the other anime is "trash", and the fans of it are salty kids who downvote everything else with fake account
Aug 3, 2019 8:30 AM

Apr 2016
Lmao, that's funny. Pretty sure it was due to people making fake accounts and up voting SNK, and down voting FMA. This happened to gintama as well. Idk why everyone here is so turned on by their favorite anime being the best rated anime.
Aug 3, 2019 8:41 AM

Oct 2017
Kapparina said:
Heimur said:

? What makes you think that Gintama fans are scared of School Rumble?
I like Gintama and almost never see anyone talking about that other show

Whoosh. Seriously, how could you take that as his actual opinion?

I saw dumber stuff on this forums about stuff like Goblin Slayer, so I won't be surprised.

Aug 3, 2019 8:42 AM

Jul 2019
What, they still going on about this? Lmao
Aug 3, 2019 8:42 AM

Jul 2019
-Senpapi said:
Lmao, that's funny. Pretty sure it was due to people making fake accounts and up voting SNK, and down voting FMA. This happened to gintama as well. Idk why everyone here is so turned on by their favorite anime being the best rated anime.
It's most likely a bug. It happened to snk season 1 (both +vely and -vely) and opm season 1 (+vely) too and then after some time their ratings get back to their normal number back.
Aug 3, 2019 8:43 AM

Oct 2017
-Senpapi said:

If you lurk the forums a bit more you will found some threads with the evidence of the opposite, accounts created these days to downvote SNK and upvote FMA

Aug 3, 2019 9:39 AM

Sep 2018
kuraharah said:
Bots finally got banned? Good. It doesn't hold a candle to FMA 2003 anyway.

Real shit

Never cared too much for rankings, but it was cool one of my absolute favorites was the very top. a little sad, as a big fma fan, but that’s beyond my control, i don’t care enough to be pissy and make fake accounts that’s dumb and it’s literally just an anime. it’s still in the top 10 good enough for me. But anyways, congrats aot!
returntothenhkAug 3, 2019 9:43 AM
Aug 3, 2019 9:48 AM

Jul 2019
juiccbox said:
kuraharah said:
Bots finally got banned? Good. It doesn't hold a candle to FMA 2003 anyway.

Real shit

Never cared too much for rankings, but it was cool one of my absolute favorites was the very top. a little sad, as a big fma fan, but that’s beyond my control, i don’t care enough to be pissy and make fake accounts that’s dumb and it’s literally just an anime. it’s still in the top 10 good enough for me. But anyways, congrats aot!
Oye oye oye, You wrote an awesome comment which don't spread hatred. 10/10 to your comment.
Well Fmab will most likely be back at #1 spot because it's most likely a bug which caused an error in the ratings.
Aug 3, 2019 9:50 AM

Mar 2018
...and I still haven't watched it. I guess, I really have to at some point but I am happy that SnK is on top :g:
Aug 3, 2019 9:50 AM

Sep 2018
puneetsingh said:
juiccbox said:

Real shit

Oye oye oye, You wrote an awesome comment which don't spread hatred. 10/10 to your comment.
Well Fmab will most likely be back at #1 spot because it's most likely a bug which caused an error in the ratings.

Thank you thank you just doing my duty and being a reasonable person.
But ah I see. Well, here’s to more of fmas prosperity
Aug 3, 2019 9:57 AM

Jul 2019
juiccbox said:
puneetsingh said:

Thank you thank you just doing my duty and being a reasonable person.
But ah I see. Well, here’s to more of fmas prosperity
A Little Edit: Your welcome.
This error fueled the fire in SOME fmab fans who are rating Aot with 1's with a huge number of accounts. Yesterday Aot had 0.6% of 1's whereas today 1's increased upto 0.9%. If Fmab get back to its original position then it may be even higher than 9.24 due to more 10's botted by SOME of its fans whereas AOT will suffer with a lot of 1's.
puneetsinghAug 3, 2019 10:02 AM
Aug 3, 2019 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
Worst fanbase poll thread should reopen. At least it is glitch free
Aug 3, 2019 11:34 AM

Jan 2015
Shymander said:
Yeah, that kind of drop is incredibly unnatural. It's likely just a temporary glitch, probably as the dev team was working through the code (similar to what happened with ecchi anime a while back).

I've enquired about it and will keep this thread posted.

As an extra note for the future since people are throwing out the bot point, the "upbotters" and "downbotters" tend to just cancel each other out completely or cause only a very slight deviation.

If equal amount of bots vote for 10 and 1, thats an average of 5, now with shows in the 9+ category that drags the score down quit a bit. And the less popular a show is, the more impact these bots have. It's harder to make a difference on a show with 1million rating compared to one with 10.000 . So the less popular a show is the more its affected by bots, hence the reason fma:b is no1 for such a long time, since its 1million+ member.
Aug 3, 2019 11:52 AM
May 2019
On the bright side Attack On Titan is, so it's not all that bad.😉
Aug 3, 2019 12:29 PM

Aug 2016
Hunter X Hunter climbing up the ranks like

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 56 minutes ago

9 by Vendicator »»
2 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

84 by BilboBaggins365 »»
3 minutes ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

59 by Bruh69XD »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

81 by BilboBaggins365 »»
10 minutes ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates. ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

50 by Bruh69XD »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.