Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 1, 2019 9:38 AM
Aug 2019
Sorry for throwing stuff like that all a sudden, but i just watched Promised Neverland and i have so many thoughts about it i need to share and it seems no one ever talked about this before
Also sorry if my English sucks, its not my native language

I think there's a lot of allegory to nazis death camps in this anime (much more subtle than in Attack on Titan) and many of it applies to Isabella and her children

- first, the number tattooed on kids skin + outfit, that kids are wearing, looking similar to prisoner's uniform in death camps

- second, nazis took a lot of effort not to let prisoners know what's gonna happen to prisoners. Many prisoners had no idea they are going to die, they just, nazis promised them they let them work and live. When arriving at the death camp, prisoners got stripped from their clothes and possessions and send to "take a shower" and the prisoners did everything t was ordered to them without suspicion what's the true purpose of the camp. Before their realized, they got trapped in the gas chamber and died before next group of prisoners arrived oblivious to their fate

- third, the people working in the camps or running it often followed orders iust to extend their life span. They took part in mass murder in order to survive. Also Nazis often tried to make people fight each other instead of cooperating, maiking them compete

- fourth, there used to be traitors among prisoners. They knew they probably not gonna make it, but there are cases of some individuals cooperating with nazis to make their life in camp better

- fifth when prisoners started realizing what camps are, they often starting creating undergrounds and uprisings, but most of them failed.There's one case though of Sobibor extermination camp, one night some of the prisoners managed to escape to the forest after big uprising...

- sixth, there used to be multiple death camps, but they used to look very similar. Death camp had a fence around it and outsides of the fence there used to be mostly huge wastelands. There was usually entrance to the camp and one way to get there/from there - the railroad

- seventh, people just lost their hope. Nazis seem to be winning the war or at least taking over some countries and no one seemed able to stop them. So everything seems hopeless, all most of the people could do was to accept it

- and finally, the complete devaluation of human life by nazis. Nazis have seen Jews, Slavs, Gypsies, and many others as not much more than animals. There are cases of experiments done on prisoners. There are even cases of making soaps from human fat. It's not the same as eating people, but it's the same case of treating human bodies like nothing more than meat.

Also, I think it's interesting to mention, that Isabella is apparently a Hebrew name...

Thx to everyone who had read all this stuff I wrote, i hope you'll find this allegories interesting
FaudkaAug 1, 2019 9:45 AM
Aug 7, 2019 12:53 PM
Apr 2019
I think is a allegory of domestic abuse and farms
Aug 8, 2019 7:18 PM
Jan 2019
Nice post, I agree also. Neverland stand up a lot of discutions
Aug 21, 2019 5:07 AM

Apr 2017
Well it is obviously a mix of Animal Farms and Nazi/Russian Death Camps.

Stuff like Ray the Capo(Basically Rank-Highest Prisoner in German Death Camps who would often spy for the Nazis in exchange for things. Also there were known stories about Capos helping people flee)
That they were promised a good life, but will be eventually secretly killed.
The Tattoo.
All that is clearly similar to some German Deathcamps like Theresienstadt.

Stuff like the Tracker in the Ear(Like the Plastic things cows have there)
The fact that they will be just raised to be eathen.
The Overlords being nice to them, but in the end still killing them
All thjat is clearly similar to Animal Farms.

So yeah, some Anti-Fachist/Vegan Sh*t-Propaganda.
But I don't care and just enjoy the Anime.
Aug 21, 2019 7:46 AM

Nov 2011
Why everything must be about Nazi lol ? This is clearly only about livestock ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Aug 21, 2019 7:52 AM

May 2018
It's an Area 51 allegory
Aug 21, 2019 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
Interesting question. A lot of points make sense. Then again, the children are showered with 'luxuries' that weren't available in real death camps. It's more like PN is an allegory for the meat trade (but let's not go there).
Aug 22, 2019 4:47 PM

Oct 2015
moshiyare said:
It's more like PN is an allegory for the meat trade (but let's not go there).

Why not? The parallels are commonly drawn by people already. It's not like you're making a very controversial take or something.
Aug 22, 2019 4:55 PM

Aug 2018
Oh I never thought about it that way , nice way of thinking and I'm agree with you

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Sep 1, 2019 4:35 PM

Jun 2017
That was my first thought after finishing the show. Even when the kids were taken away, their uniforms made them look like jews (if that makes sense, lol)

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.