Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2019 9:39 AM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Imagine being so scared that you have to visit the next brothel asap. Ohma is indeed a beast. The premise for this series is crazy but I guess it's just an excuse for some violence anyway. The CGI seems pretty decent and defintiely won't be a dealbreaker.

Poor Yamashita, tho, his whole life is going to turn upside down. Still kinda interesting that he knows about the Russian fighter, unless he's a Bit deal.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 31, 2019 12:15 PM

Oct 2017
Looks that Ohma and Kazuo would "work" together.
Pretty interesting concept with those Kengan Battles between firms about interests

This show is full of CGI ,althought looks good

Seems promising!
Jul 31, 2019 1:47 PM
Apr 2010
nope nope, fucking sip of unsee juice and back to manga
Jul 31, 2019 2:12 PM
Aug 2017
I was super excited for this adaptation but this CGI.. Why do they always come up with this stuff? Is it cheaper to produce? Anyway, such a shame, since the manga is really good.
Jul 31, 2019 4:43 PM
Aug 2018
The CGI here just isnt very good. I checked out the manga because there were a couple shots where i thought "damn, if this wasnt a bad CG hellscape that woulda been cool!". this isnt a knock on CGI as a whole though (go watch vinland saga for how to actually use CGI in an anime), its just that this is not very good. but on the manga, it actually looks pretty good. its like a less insane, slightly lower quality baki and im fine with that. If the anime didnt look like poo poo i wouldnt be shitting all over it though. they havent completely ruined the story like some other worse looking CG adaptation that rhymes with hershmerk
Jul 31, 2019 6:16 PM

Aug 2017
Jambott said:
The CGI here just isnt very good. I checked out the manga because there were a couple shots where i thought "damn, if this wasnt a bad CG hellscape that woulda been cool!". this isnt a knock on CGI as a whole though (go watch vinland saga for how to actually use CGI in an anime), its just that this is not very good. but on the manga, it actually looks pretty good. its like a less insane, slightly lower quality baki and im fine with that. If the anime didnt look like poo poo i wouldnt be shitting all over it though. they havent completely ruined the story like some other worse looking CG adaptation that rhymes with hershmerk

Actually the manga is more like a slightly insane but improved Baki due to having a better handling on its plot and characters than Baki ever did & its battle choreography being less unnecessarily drawn out than Baki where entire chapters can be devoted to launching & analyzing just one attack.

Watching this I have to say the problem is that its 2.5 D instead of just being 2D or 3D. Its full CG models interspersed with clearly hand-drawn characters & scenery so its looks very jarring as a result. Doesn't help that the models themselves aren't very clean.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Jul 31, 2019 7:07 PM

Dec 2016
The CG is definitely a bit janky but honestly by the end of the episode it kind of adds to the experience and the story is interesting enough on its own to keep going
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 2, 2019 11:37 AM

Jul 2006
I’m struggling with finishing this episode because of the bad CG.
Aug 4, 2019 8:14 AM

Dec 2015
That was great. Liked the old guy and showing the anime from his point of view. Also him having background as well as the company president + secretary having backgrounds (secret goal) and them being involved in the future - instead of having the fighter fight for different companies or just for himself.

Visuals were nice. CGI no problem. Char design is great.
Aug 6, 2019 2:07 AM

Sep 2014
The CG is actually better than I was expecting. After how bad that recent Baki the Grappler anime on Netflix was, I didn't think it would be different here, but it's more watchable for sure. The show being built around the CG definitely helps as they are able to really give it a style and it flows pretty good. Sure it's not the best CG, but when we've had Baki...Berserk...Fist of the North Star...and others who look properly terrible, but this isn't that at all.

I will say that I think they should've gone purely CG. They have some 2D animated stuff that feels out of place. Usually it's 2D animated that then goes CG that can get distracting, but I think they do it for stuff they can animate very simple and cheaply, not making models for characters who aren't likely to show up again, like the two bosses in the office scene and the owner of Lihito in episode 2. It's mildly distracting, but again...Not as bad as Baki, so that's a plus in my book lol
Aug 6, 2019 4:01 AM
Sep 2015
KamikazeKeeg said:
I will say that I think they should've gone purely CG. They have some 2D animated stuff that feels out of place.

I think they're trying to, or be influenced by fighting video games where flashback or background story of characters are animated in difference style than in-game engine, like if game is 3D then backstory is 2D, or if game is 2D then backstory maybe live-action or 3D CG.
Aug 6, 2019 10:58 AM

Oct 2013
KamikazeKeeg said:
The CG is actually better than I was expecting. After how bad that recent Baki the Grappler anime on Netflix was, I didn't think it would be different here, but it's more watchable for sure. The show being built around the CG definitely helps as they are able to really give it a style and it flows pretty good. Sure it's not the best CG, but when we've had Baki...Berserk...Fist of the North Star...and others who look properly terrible, but this isn't that at all.

Baki looks a lot better. Maybe not the CG fights, but the 2D definitely.
Aug 6, 2019 1:41 PM

Sep 2014
dc22 said:
Baki looks a lot better. Maybe not the CG fights, but the 2D definitely.

For sure, that's more what I meant when I referenced it, being about the CG. Baki started real strong, having some killer fights with 2D animation, but as it went along, more animation was replaced with CG in the fights and it killed that show for me, because the CG is terrible on its own, let alone compared to the real good 2D, so it creates a huge disconnect.

phantomfandom said:

I think they're trying to, or be influenced by fighting video games where flashback or background story of characters are animated in difference style than in-game engine, like if game is 3D then backstory is 2D, or if game is 2D then backstory maybe live-action or 3D CG.

That might be the influence, and I'm okay with it when it's the more stylized flashback or the scene about meat, but then there are just normal scenes that are just 2D animation, which I think are definitely done for cost saving reasons.
Sep 21, 2019 12:15 AM
Nov 2016
Oh fuck no, this is Berserk 2016/2017 type of shitty animation all over again. I've watched the 1st episode and hated that CGI.

Dropped.

Edit:

I decided to give this anime another chance and to my surprise, after episode 3 I was hooked. I bing watched the rest of the episodes and was actually satisfied with the anime, it wasn't bad at all.

I still hate CGI but in this anime it was watchable. My final rating:

7.5/10
xZabuzaxSep 22, 2019 9:04 PM
Sep 22, 2019 3:37 AM

Sep 2017
It reminds me of a telltale game so i actually enjoy the art work. The story is excellent so far.
Nov 2, 2019 5:00 AM
Jun 2017
Yo the story doesn't seem half-bad but fuck, the CGI is appaling
Nov 13, 2019 12:21 PM
Jan 2019
In my opinion this anime would be pretty good if it weren't for the strange CG, like why not make it 2d
Nov 20, 2019 3:55 AM

Jul 2013
I don't like the cgi at all but will still continue watching this. I just finished Baki and this will be a good show to scratch that violent gar itch.
Dec 18, 2019 12:54 PM

Jul 2015
Interesting premise, A weak salesman having to take care of some fighter in some business fights

Not much fan of the cgi, looks too much like a videogame instead of an animation

Mar 30, 2020 11:34 AM

Feb 2013
The old man needed some excitement in his life, let's see how he handles it, for starters he went to a hooker lol.
Apr 15, 2020 12:18 AM
Dec 2018
Well that Was a Good start, And it Seems Interesting.
Mar 30, 2021 6:41 PM
Mar 2021
When Ohma and Yamashita first meet >>http://q.gs/25057795/kenganepisode1
Apr 25, 2021 8:37 PM
Apr 2021
A business man and a fighter, i like this concept
Jul 18, 2022 12:31 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Feeling the Baki void so I had to jump into this. Looks like it can pack for hype, we'll see.
Oct 13, 2022 3:45 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great start, Ouma is definitely hardcore, that musculature is really something else xD Anyway the sellers tournament is a pretty fun idea and it's original how that old salaryman guy is managing Ouma
Nov 15, 2022 4:26 PM
Dec 2021
Art kinda bad but fights were ok
Nov 25, 2022 10:12 PM
Dec 2020
It made me grow 5 hairs on my face
Feb 7, 2023 9:12 PM

Nov 2012
I got recommended this as similar to Baki, seems okay so far, don't think I will like it as much tho. Hopefully it gets more exciting deeper into the series
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Apr 22, 2023 6:43 PM
Feb 2021
Looks uh interesting. Still, these types of shows never have good animation so what can ya expect. Though, I imagine the animation will be pretty good since it's 3D, but my god the main dude looks fucking dead

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kengan Ashura Episode 10 Discussion

Vipek - Aug 3, 2019

12 by Nemo_Niemand »»
Dec 18, 2023 1:20 PM

Poll: » Kengan Ashura Episode 8 Discussion

Vipek - Aug 3, 2019

17 by Nemo_Niemand »»
Dec 18, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Kengan Ashura Episode 7 Discussion

Vipek - Aug 3, 2019

15 by Nemo_Niemand »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » Kengan Ashura Episode 3 Discussion

artemis37 - Jul 31, 2019

16 by Nemo_Niemand »»
Dec 16, 2023 8:15 AM

Poll: » Kengan Ashura Episode 6 Discussion

Vipek - Aug 3, 2019

12 by Spyral_Grayson »»
Nov 23, 2023 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.