Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 28, 2019 7:24 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Yes, Mineta’s a subpar character, is a total joke, and is not relevant to the plot. But for a comic relief character, he’s widely hated. Why does he warrant so much hate when there are bigger and far worse offenders (in terms of pervertedness) in anime such as Meliodas?
LoveLikeBloodAug 3, 2019 12:06 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 28, 2019 7:27 PM

Jan 2018
haha welp its too late now

To the topic:
Unfortunately there are some serious people who do not find characters like Mineta funny.
Since that is the case, he is found to be only annoying to them.
ええ、私はそこにいてそれをやった

Jul 28, 2019 7:30 PM

Aug 2018
Because he isn't funny and he is a piece of shit that always makes the same joke?
Jul 28, 2019 7:37 PM

Oct 2013
I'd prefer Meliodas to that little creepy kid any day....

I don't mind a perverted character clearly since Meliodas is in my favorites, there's just something about Mineta I don't like for whatever reason.
Jul 28, 2019 8:01 PM

Jul 2007
Mineta and Melodias are both shit characters but I agree Melodias is far trashier since he's a mary sue who gets away with his horseshit antics while Mineta is simply a joke character.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jul 28, 2019 8:04 PM

Nov 2011
90% pervert, 10% hero. 100% trash. Unnecessary character that can be remove and nothing will change.

Jul 28, 2019 8:04 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
mineta best boy, a role model to us all

Jul 28, 2019 8:05 PM

Jul 2007
Also perverted characters stopped being funny over a decade ago. It's always the same shit and is so fucking stale at this point. Its a sign of a creatively stunted writer.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jul 28, 2019 8:07 PM

Dec 2017
Long story short, I have no reason to root for a chump whose only notable actions are attempts to sexually harass his classmates. Even guys like Miroku from Inuyasha and Master Roshi from Dragonball were at least generally heroic people who had personalities and motivations beyond the gross shit they pulled. Mineta is just an excuse to shove titty on screen against the wishes of the people said titty belongs to.
Jul 28, 2019 8:22 PM

Mar 2018
because he's a deconstruction of the anti hero
poop
Jul 28, 2019 9:20 PM

Dec 2014
Because usually, comic relief characters have at least one redeeming quality. Mineta is simply annoying. Everything about him, from his design to personality, ability, actions, and pervy attitude is made to piss you off. HE just doesn't work as a good character. He has no real role in the story either... With him or without him the story would go the same way. Where in most of other anime, the comic relief character is an important part of the cast, who influence the story... in both subplots and main plot. Team Rocket from Pokemon, for example, is a comic relief trio, but is also one of the main antagonists, Sunohara from Clannad is also a comic relief character, but he plays crucial roles in two arcs at least, one being his own. Yogi from FMA Brotherhood is a comic relief character but once again plays important roles in the events of the anime. And so on. Mineta has no redeeming quality. Even if there are some growth and development, he is simply so annoying that it doesn't work.
kronopyJul 28, 2019 9:31 PM
Jul 28, 2019 9:48 PM

Nov 2012
Because the natural urges of male teenagers are frowned upon in this post-feminist movement even to the point that fictional characters that are a reflection of the reality that these teenagers exist are hated by society to discourage creation of simular characters and to further demonize the real-life equivalent which leads to men believing that because they like the female form and them wanting to reproduce with the females who have said features they are doing something immoral causing them to no longer produce offspring alltogether or produce offspring with not suitable mates lowering the chances of survival for the newborns both of which lower birthrates and will most likely if continued over a long period of time lead to the destruction of our modern western society in itself as it's populace will no longer have the numbers to sustain this society or will simply be dwarfed by other societies that dont discourage the mating ritual of it's male members so it would be wise for us who have realised the destructive nature of disapproving of characters like Minata to instead champion him and by doing this fight back against our current destructive societal norms.
Jul 28, 2019 9:59 PM
Jan 2017
Meliodas is also a shit character dude. I don't respect any characters like them (except maybe Jiraiya, but he wasn't that bad, so...) and I honestly just find them gross.
Jul 28, 2019 9:59 PM

Aug 2018
MeisterDM said:
Yes, Mineta’s a subpar character, is a total joke, and is not relevant to the plot. But for a comic relief character, he’s widely hated. Why does he warrant so much hate when there are bigger and far worse offenders (in terms of pervertedness) in anime such as Meliodas?

Edit: Oops, wrong board I posted in.

I love mineta. In this PC era where everything is rape i like mineta pissing people off. Also, at least mineta gets punished and people in the story treat him like a pervert while meliodis never gets punished for the sexual harassment and people ignore his actions. In, addition, if it was not for mineta i would not get fanservice from the girls and i love me some ashido.
Jul 28, 2019 10:00 PM
Sep 2017
The thing is that MHA has the potential to be really amazing ( right now is pretty good, but is not great ) and having the time wasted on jokes when they could give development to characters that has no depth to them is kinda annoying.
Jul 28, 2019 10:00 PM

Aug 2018
Nine-TailedJosh said:
Meliodas is also a shit character dude. I don't respect any characters like them (except maybe Jiraiya, but he wasn't that bad, so...) and I honestly just find them gross.

Jaraiya was perverted towards a tranny naruto. That's pretty bad.
Jul 28, 2019 10:01 PM

Apr 2019
Because he's so annoying what else?
Jul 28, 2019 10:04 PM

Aug 2018
Whgedia said:
The thing is that MHA has the potential to be really amazing ( right now is pretty good, but is not great ) and having the time wasted on jokes when they could give development to characters that has no depth to them is kinda annoying.

One of its genres is comedy. What are you talking about? It is a slow paced show that puts character development first, all the time. You are just complaining about nothing.
Jul 28, 2019 10:06 PM
Jan 2017
RandomPerson4 said:
Because the natural urges of male teenagers are frowned upon in this post-feminist movement even to the point that fictional characters that are a reflection of the reality that these teenagers exist are hated by society to discourage creation of simular characters and to further demonize the real-life equivalent which leads to men believing that because they like the female form and them wanting to reproduce with the females who have said features they are doing something immoral causing them to no longer produce offspring alltogether or produce offspring with not suitable mates lowering the chances of survival for the newborns both of which lower birthrates and will most likely if continued over a long period of time lead to the destruction of our modern western society in itself as it's populace will no longer have the numbers to sustain this society or will simply be dwarfed by other societies that dont discourage the mating ritual of it's male members so it would be wise for us who have realised the destructive nature of disapproving of characters like Minata to instead champion him and by doing this fight back against our current destructive societal norms.

No one's saying you can't have those urges. Just keep that shit to yourself unless you're actually in a relationship with someone where they are comfortable with you indulging in those types of behaviors with them. Otherwise, it's seriously creepy and makes people extremely uncomfortable. Don't go justifying your disgusting actions just because it brings you pleasure. That's selfishly decadent.
Jul 28, 2019 10:12 PM
Sep 2017
amperevenon said:
Whgedia said:

One of its genres is comedy. What are you talking about? It is a slow paced show that puts character development first, all the time. You are just complaining about nothing.
I mean if you find Mineta scenes funny I can´t really say you are wrong cause taste and shit.
MHA is not a slow paced show, Monster it´s slow paced show, Blood+ it´s slow paced show, heck even Soukyou no Fafner it´s a slow paced show, but MHA? MHA is fast paced show.
I´m answering a question that the OP ask. So if you say that I´m complaining for nothing you´re just wrong...
Jul 28, 2019 10:21 PM

Mar 2015
Like you said he's a comic relief character, but he's not funny. He fails at the one job he has. And tbh he's pretty useless since there's comedy scenes involving the other characters anyways, which are a million times better than anything with Mineta.
Jul 28, 2019 10:24 PM

Aug 2018
Nine-TailedJosh said:
RandomPerson4 said:

No one's saying you can't have those urges. Just keep that shit to yourself unless you're actually in a relationship with someone where they are comfortable with you indulging in those types of behaviors with them. Otherwise, it's seriously creepy and makes people extremely uncomfortable. Don't go justifying your disgusting actions just because it brings you pleasure. That's selfishly decadent.

Man that guy( RandomPerson4) typed a lot. I could see the cosmos has i read it. Anyway, calm down. He is saying mineta acts as a character to escape into and live one's perversions. Perversions that are indeed common to male and females, yep those two only genders. People do over-react to this character as the character was intended for teenage boys to relate there perversions since it is well a SHOUNEN, it is meant for horny teens. Not that horny adults can't also enjoy god's gift known as Momo. IT IS FICTION AFTER ALL. The mangaka said it himself that he made mineta because like him he is "a little dirty sometimes," his exact translated words. It is a fantasy, a work of fiction so people should calm down.
amperevenonJul 29, 2019 12:34 AM
Jul 28, 2019 10:29 PM

Aug 2018
Whgedia said:
amperevenon said:

I mean if you find Mineta scenes funny I can´t really say you are wrong cause taste and shit.
MHA is not a slow paced show, Monster it´s slow paced show, Blood+ it´s slow paced show, heck even Soukyou no Fafner it´s a slow paced show, but MHA? MHA is fast paced show.
I´m answering a question that the OP ask. So if you say that I´m complaining for nothing you´re just wrong...

The series is slow paced. The individual arcs are fast but overall it takes quite some time to get from a to b. Three seasons for MC to master 8% OFA.
Jul 28, 2019 10:32 PM

Aug 2018
RandomPerson4 said:

I agree with you. So inciting this was. I enjoy mineta as a character. During the MHA movie a lot of people cheered in the theater. I was shocked.
Jul 28, 2019 10:53 PM
Dec 2017
Well, he's a perverted character who, understandably, can be seen as annoying. I don't really think Mineta's annoying, nor do I dislike him, but I don't like how he's always so perverted. Also, his quirk is pretty lame. It could come in handy in some cases but there are quirks way better than his.
Jul 29, 2019 12:21 AM
Jul 2018
MeisterDM said:
Why does he warrant so much hate when there are bigger and far worse offenders (in terms of pervertedness) in anime such as Meliodas?

meliodas is cool, a strong fighter, gets shit done, jacked (basically a chad if he wasnt short)

mineta is weird looking, wimpy, ugly, has an irritating voice, and very short, basically no good personality traits (i dont even mind him or get bothered by him, he has like 0-2 lines per episode usually, this is just the way he is)

a lot of the time it doesnt matter what's being said/done as much as the person saying/doing it, this applies to real life as well
Jul 29, 2019 12:51 AM

Oct 2018
comparing meliodas to mineta and why mineta is the most hated character?

it's simply because he is ugly bastard. that's why kaminari is not getting any hate even though he is exactly doing the same thing as Mineta.
Jul 29, 2019 12:58 AM

Apr 2013
I don't mind perverted characters, but Mineta is kinda boring. His ability is also quite stupid. I don't hate him, but I wouldn't miss him if he wasn't around.
Jul 29, 2019 1:09 AM

Aug 2016
He's useless, annoying, and gets away with everything. Somehow becomes a "hero" but he is far from one.
Jul 29, 2019 1:10 AM

Jan 2018
I don't watch that anime but I'm trying to blend in here. It's practically what I had in mind, the characters were really not to my liking. Seen a bit on tv.
Jul 29, 2019 1:16 AM
Jul 2018
That's the cringest "comic relief" I have ever seen. A character flirting with girls? Yeah, okay.
Being a sexual offender in training? Hahaha how FUNNY.
At least nobody there actually likes this piece of trash.

You could argue that he should show that heroes aren't always decent people, but he actually just is a comic relief and trash.
Besides taking the joke to a creepy extreme, he is incompetent af and has no personality.

Seriously anyone, who thinks this is normal behavior, which is just discrimimated against, because "mimimi evil feminism" ... please stay away from everyone....

AnimeBW said:
Long story short, I have no reason to root for a chump whose only notable actions are attempts to sexually harass his classmates. Even guys like Miroku from Inuyasha and Master Roshi from Dragonball were at least generally heroic people who had personalities and motivations beyond the gross shit they pulled. Mineta is just an excuse to shove titty on screen against the wishes of the people said titty belongs to.

Jop, Miroku is a character with more personality (character-wise and competence-wise) behind that.
Also he has been annoying sometimes, because it was too much, but he actually cared about Sango. Still, that running gag got very annoying and creepy sometimes too.
I couldn't bring myself to dislike Miroku. Besides having a running gag that's played too often, I actually like him.
removed-userJul 29, 2019 1:30 AM
Jul 29, 2019 1:25 AM

Jun 2016
Everybody hatin my dude but once he gets his own arc he might start getting the respeckt he deserves.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2019 3:17 AM

Dec 2017
Because people find him annoying. I personally don't hate him tho.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Jul 29, 2019 3:38 AM
Jul 2018
Perverted characters are annoying and not funny at all regardless of their character design.
Jul 29, 2019 4:16 AM

Jun 2011
I think Momonosuke from One Piece is a pretty decent comparison to Mineta, going by the comments here, they're short, ugly, perverted.. but!

Momonosuke perverse is not his entire character. He's not written in the story to be the comedic relief, or the joke of the series. He has a role to play in the story, and he's coming to understand his role and the importance of his heritage as the series goes along, he's growing as a character and his perverse is only there occasionally for jokes.

Where as Mineta has no role to play in the story, doesn't have a defining character outside of his perverted nature, he's literally just there for the joke. And the worst thing? He's got at least 7 years on Momonosuke but somehow is less mature and a lot more hollow characterization wise.

They're both side/supporting characters in respective series. Most people who like Mineta only like him not because of who he is, but because of how he's being treated by the community, got nothing to do with his character or anything like that.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 29, 2019 9:16 PM
Sep 2017
amperevenon said:
Whgedia said:

The series is slow paced. The individual arcs are fast but overall it takes quite some time to get from a to b. Three seasons for MC to master 8% OFA.
Developing a power through out the show doesn´t make the show slow pace, a good example of this is Hajime no Ippo which is a fast pace show, but the progression of the abilitys in the main character are slow. MHA is a Action, Battle, Shounen and a fast paced show, I repeat a slow paced show is something like Monster, Monogatari, Blood+, Mushishi.
Jul 29, 2019 9:20 PM

May 2018
I think it's because his balls keep popping off, and he keeps getting them sticky :D

Jul 29, 2019 9:56 PM

Apr 2018
I don't like Mineta. Like at all. I think he's just a waste of space in MHA and his "humor" is stale.

Ignoring that, Kaminari is a much better example of a perverted comic-relief character in MHA because his perversion isn't his defining characteristic. He has goals, aspirations, a personality, and a general respect for the rest of his classmates. Yeah, the cheerleader trick wasn't his best moment, but nowhere else does it appear he's intentionally trying to make the girls uncomfortable.

The pinnacle of Mineta's hero aspiration is for girls to like him. Beyond being a shallow character, he's very flat. He could be removed from the series, and nothing would change. That's very bad. His character design is unattractive and his power is lame, which I'm sure also factors into it.

That being said, I don't think he deserves as much hate as Myne, Shou Tucker, or Griffith, but it's understandable why people don't like him.

(I also don't recall Kaminari scaling a wall with his power to attempt to spy on the girls' bath, but I digress!)
Jul 29, 2019 10:04 PM
May 2019
He's the only one with a real personality.
Jul 29, 2019 10:31 PM

Nov 2017
I don't think Mineta is suppose to be likeable? He's an annoying little creep.
ロード中です...

Jul 29, 2019 10:42 PM
Jan 2015
He wears a fucking diaper as part of his hero suit. And he utterly fails at his one job, comic-relief.
My Queens

Jul 29, 2019 11:23 PM

Feb 2010
Probably because he's one of te unfunniest comedic relief characters in all of battle shounen?

I mean I don't hate him, but I also don't really see anything appealing or funny about him. He's just kinda there, being slightly annoying and nothing else.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 30, 2019 3:02 AM

Nov 2013
Perverted characters can be great like Muttsulini from Baka and Test for example, but Mineta doesn't do it in a new or creative way which makes it seem forced. He does have a few good moments during the Joint Training arc so I wouldn't say he's a wasted character, but his comedic relief moments are usually not very funny.
Jul 30, 2019 3:39 AM
Jul 2019
Most of the characters in MHA are generic and Mineta is the worst one. He is useless and annoying. His pervert jokes aren't funny.
Jul 30, 2019 3:53 AM
Aug 2017
I don't mind him at all. He's just...there, I guess? Anyway, I don't hate him and I don't get why people do either xD He might be useless but he's not ruining the anime in any way
Jul 30, 2019 4:02 AM

Jul 2015
He is one of those characters, which could not exist in franchise bet all and it will not negatively impact story at all.
Literally his only purpose in the series is being a comic relief and he is utterly cringy.

Jul 30, 2019 7:24 AM

Feb 2015
Jul 30, 2019 7:28 AM

Jan 2015
madscientist0001 said:
Most of the characters in MHA are generic and Mineta is the worst one. He is useless and annoying. His pervert jokes aren't funny.

generic and cringy, specially the main character
Jul 30, 2019 7:28 AM

Jun 2014
_Ako_ said:
OP who are you talking about? Not everyone is as weeb as you.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing.

I have no idea who "Mineta" is.

Jul 30, 2019 8:22 AM
Jul 2019
When I read this I was like who the fuck is Mineta... Then I remembered the annoying one in boku no hero academia. I do not know why he gets so much hate. His role is just the annoying, pervert and stupid hero in the show. You cannot hate someone who does not exist😏
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

436 by His0kaDevv »»
Apr 11, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

403 by Esu_Kei »»
Apr 10, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

332 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 21, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

276 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 18, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

294 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 16, 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.