Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 27, 2019 3:19 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
About time the battle against August wrapped up.

Seems Mavis knows what's at stake for Fairy Tail. The Natsu vs Zeref fight feels dragged out tbh and while important to the arc, I'm not really interested in it anymore. Acnologia showed up again and oh boy, he doesnt' look happy.
Jul 27, 2019 3:27 PM

Aug 2017
Ahh, August's death was so stupid in the manga and yet they make even more funny here. Anyway, the worst part needs to be animated.

1/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 27, 2019 4:43 PM
Dec 2015
who is the women in the end?????????
Jul 27, 2019 4:48 PM

Dec 2016
Finally some badass moments for Jellel and Boy he so strong to fight Acnologia like that😎😎👌
Jul 27, 2019 5:24 PM

Jul 2013
Best part of the episode was Ichiya ramming Acnologia with the Christina. One must seen it to believe it. Also give poor Jellal some love, because, apart of his fight with Neinhart, he has been jobbing hard through the season.

RIP Larcade and August, both dying pathetic and sad deaths. They deserved better, especially August, since, at the end, him being the son of two of the strongest and most important characters of the series didn't go anywhere. And with those two dying, the Spriggan 12 are officially defeated. So promising they looked, so much they were hyped, only to end being a bunch of unimpresive jobbers with only 2 or 3 members who saved the group from a complete disappointment (and those 2 or 3 also ended underperforming at the end...). *Sighs*
Jul 27, 2019 6:27 PM

Apr 2007
kun_kirito said:

Looks like Lucy from another timeline?
Jul 27, 2019 6:51 PM
Jan 2019
now, I feel more sorry for August with out knowing his parents that they have child
at least in the end he called his mother the worst part is with out knowing it is her child -.-
while Larcade i'm satisfied with his death i feel no sorry for him
that woman in the end i guest i know her with out reading the manga
Jul 27, 2019 7:13 PM

Jul 2017
August's death pissed me off just as much as it did in the manga, such a bad end to his story which was pointless af in the first place, meanwhile failed experiment Larcade wants papa Zeref to notice him smh

Acnologia saved this ep by just being the usual savage.

Jul 27, 2019 7:16 PM

Jul 2019
August's storyline hurt me to my core. What an incredibly sad existence knowing his father had no clue who he was; even though they spent so many years together. In his dying moments, his own mother, who did not know who he was, had so much disdain for him when he looked into her eyes. Part of me thinks August could have kept that spell going - but he had compassion for a mother who he never got to spend any of his life with and chose to die at his own hands, rather than continue to harm or worse have to directly fight her. August's really deserved a redemption arc – he should not have been a throwaway villain.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2019 7:54 PM

Oct 2015
Pretty sad about August's death, especially when he looked at his mother!

I like Acnologia, that is one true villain fairy tail has ever had. Wished he didn't turn dragon mode at that moment though, his human form is way cooler.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 27, 2019 8:35 PM

Dec 2015
They're seriously dragging this out way too much. Both Natsu and Zeref by themselves have enough raw power to demolish the entire guildhall just from flexing their magic muscles, and yet all they've done is hurl pitiful insults at each other and throw a few weak ass punches.
Jul 27, 2019 10:54 PM

Oct 2017
Augusts last moment was sad .When he looked at his mom and stopped the spell then vanished, that was sad. Also its finally time to defeat acnologia.
Jul 27, 2019 11:58 PM

Feb 2014
Looks like FT countdown has started with only 9 episodes to go. Time to end the best series to accompany us throughout the years.

MegamiRem said:
Augusts last moment was sad .When he looked at his mom and stopped the spell then vanished, that was sad. Also its finally time to defeat acnologia.

Truly a sad end.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 28, 2019 12:15 AM

Jan 2009
August just want to experience parental love welp thats how individuality works since some children grow up without parents too but they think differently than him and even make themselves a parent

and there it is the revelation of the power of Acnologia which is eating all magic
Jul 28, 2019 12:37 AM
Jul 2018
Hylianticipated said:
They're seriously dragging this out way too much. Both Natsu and Zeref by themselves have enough raw power to demolish the entire guildhall just from flexing their magic muscles, and yet all they've done is hurl pitiful insults at each other and throw a few weak ass punches.

Better than the rushed manga
Jul 28, 2019 12:40 AM
Jul 2018
And they added a flying Wendy heading against Acnologia good addition to the Anime
Jul 28, 2019 2:44 AM

Oct 2015
August's death is a bit better than in the manga, which is still pretty bad.
Honestly, I would have even ejoyed this last arc, if they didn't make both August and Erene commit suicide. I would have loved if the strongest spriggans went out in a fight, or at least one of them. August's past seemed so unnecessary. Other than that, I guess the rest of the arc is okayish, actually.

We are in the endgame now!
Jul 28, 2019 3:19 AM
Jul 2018
Slim_Lamie said:
August's death is a bit better than in the manga, which is still pretty bad.
Honestly, I would have even ejoyed this last arc, if they didn't make both August and Erene commit suicide. I would have loved if the strongest spriggans went out in a fight, or at least one of them. August's past seemed so unnecessary. Other than that, I guess the rest of the arc is okayish, actually.

We are in the endgame now!

You can't please the fans no matter what

(If ) they made FT win people will still complain ( OMG They won with the Power of Friendship ) This has been done logical FT can't win against August , Irene
Jul 28, 2019 3:40 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, he can eat magic.
Jul 28, 2019 4:11 AM

May 2015
Ram motherfucker with another motherfucker.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 28, 2019 5:46 AM

Nov 2016
Ichiya and Christinas entrance was the best part of the episode. The rest was meh. August's storyline had potential, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 28, 2019 5:52 AM

Mar 2017
I feel like a lot of this episode was really unnecessary... like did they really need to drag out that part with August so long? And enough with the recaps... they're taking up so much of the episode!

Liked the fight with Jellal and Acnologia though; i missed Jellal!
Jul 28, 2019 6:21 AM

Aug 2013
RIP August. His backstory was sad. Not a bad episode overall. Acnologia is brutal.

Jul 28, 2019 8:00 AM

Apr 2013
at the end is that lucy's mother?
Jul 28, 2019 8:19 AM

Oct 2011
nice episode, i liked acnologia's attitude, a real psycho. August death was lame.. such a strong character and such a waste... 👎
and lucy's mom?! whattt?!?! she's been making me a lot of confusions during the series lol
Jul 28, 2019 9:06 AM

Apr 2011
Another good episode.

5/5

Jul 28, 2019 10:30 AM
Aug 2017
Augusts Death was pretty bad, but still better than Irenes Suicide.
Jul 28, 2019 10:37 AM
Aug 2017
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

(If ) they made FT win people will still complain ( OMG They won with the Power of Friendship ) This has been done logical FT can't win against August , Irene

How about he doesnt make his villains that overpowered, and they get defeated with strategy and teamwork? So many other Mangaka can do that!
Jul 28, 2019 11:07 AM

Dec 2014
so like nine episodes left...kinda said but happy at the same time
Jul 28, 2019 1:15 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Damn I felt sorry for August because all he wanted was to experience love from Zeref and Mavis. I was hoping that Mavis would be able to recognize him by sensing his magic, but he simply disappeared without a trace. I agree with everyone about not being interested in the Natsu vs. Zeref fight because those two are just going through the motions. About time Jellal got some screen time against Acnologia and speaking of Acnologia did we really need to see him step on Irene's corpse again? I just felt it was unnecessary since we seen it a few episodes ago.
Jul 28, 2019 2:36 PM

Apr 2015
August's end was quite, disappointing in a way..

As a Jellal fanboy, this was great.. finally some action from him again.

Also Acnologia can eat any kind of magic? Talk about being overpowered... Jeez.
Jul 28, 2019 4:09 PM

Dec 2018
Oh my god, I literally laughed out loud so hard when the Blue Pegasus ship came out of literally no where and crashed into Acnologia and Ichiya was just like, ''MEN.'' Aside from that, I really think that the Zeref vs. Natsu fight has been dragging on for waaay to long. It's been, what, 3-4 episodes now? It needs to end all ready, come on. It was nice to see Jellal again.

Jul 28, 2019 10:36 PM
Jul 2018
Jared93 said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

How about he doesnt make his villains that overpowered, and they get defeated with strategy and teamwork? So many other Mangaka can do that!

I'm pretty sure he had plans in mind ( This war arc) was supposed to go on longer but at Spriggan 12 Reunion Hiro rushed it so he could start his

Space setting Eden's Zero manga

Wendy mastered Irene's enchant ( when she was in Irene's body) when she got her body back she mastered it which lead to her Enchant on Erza´s sword become more Impactful
( Manga version is worse it don't looks like an enchant Feathers on Sword, Anime fixed that)

As for August he received some damages from Gildarts and Cana it was fine
he went self destruct
removed-userJul 29, 2019 6:24 AM
Jul 28, 2019 10:44 PM
Jul 2018
COOKIECAT360 said:
Oh my god, I literally laughed out loud so hard when the Blue Pegasus ship came out of literally no where and crashed into Acnologia and Ichiya was just like, ''MEN.'' Aside from that, I really think that the Zeref vs. Natsu fight has been dragging on for waaay to long. It's been, what, 3-4 episodes now? It needs to end all ready, come on. It was nice to see Jellal again.

The star you saw when they were moving to Acnologia scenes was probably the Blue Pegasus ship
Jul 29, 2019 4:28 AM

Mar 2018
This shitshow is coming to an end. August's death was hilariously bad. At least they ended his terrible character arc. Its more fun to watch this weekly than to binge it in 1 go (like I did in the manga) because........shit drops slower to me xD. Ah, I would like to see how the anime only peeps react to the ending.
Jul 29, 2019 4:43 AM
Jul 2018
AniMEHLover said:
This shitshow is coming to an end. August's death was hilariously bad. At least they ended his terrible character arc. Its more fun to watch this weekly than to binge it in 1 go (like I did in the manga) because........shit drops slower to me xD. Ah, I would like to see how the anime only peeps react to the ending.

(hilariously bad) it's funny you people act any other series has 0 problems

I guess I got no choice but prove people like you wrong

--------------------------------------
1st One Piece has plenty of A**pulls! and Plot armors
Zoro's Three heads (A**pull)
Sanji's (nonsense) Fire Legs (A**pull)
Luffy's Gear second and third ( He had No time for training for that nor the third gear after aokiji or in water 7 Both are counted as A**pulls )

Usopp's Nakama speech , Luffy gets up like nothing has happend for 3 minutes ( Plot Armor)
Zoro taken all of Luffy's pain in Thriller Park ( Which should've killed him) ( Plot Armor)
Luffy's survival with the fight with magellan ( Plot Armor)

Let's dig to the Time Skip
Luffy's gear 4 attack (Gomu-Gomu No Kong Organ) is an (A**pull) And it's ridiculous That kind of attack belongs to Robin's fruit (not to Luffy's fruit)
Luffy's survival at Karakuri's battle ia a giant (Plot Armor) Karakuri could have finished Luffy off for good ( but Oda resulted to make it a rival fight instead of a real fight)
Jul 29, 2019 4:44 AM
Jul 2018
AniMEHLover said:

Just because I'm a fan of both doesn't mean I will stay silent
Jul 29, 2019 10:53 AM

Apr 2013
Well Acnologia was certainly not very impressive, I mean he wasn't able to get up after getting hit by Christina? xD
Jul 29, 2019 11:50 AM

Apr 2014
Wonder if the 100-year mission is gonna get animated after FT finally ends
Jul 29, 2019 4:29 PM

Jul 2017
Ok, August's death was pathetic imo.. And i didn't really care for him that much in the first place, so i felt nothing. And they are dragging Zeref vs Natsu fight, and i was here thinking it would be something amazing, guess i was wrong... At this point, i just want it to end because i want to see how they will deal with Acnologia, THAT'S what i'm interested to witness. About time Jellal and Ichiya entered the party! Perfect timing, these past few episodes i was thinking when would they be back, and here they are. Luring Acnologia out is a good idea, though, i think he will overpower them all, but if they say that the place they are going to, they can beat him there, well, let's see what happens.
Jul 29, 2019 5:41 PM

Mar 2018
AmeliaNeston2003 said:
AniMEHLover said:

(hilariously bad) it's funny you people act any other series has 0 problems

I guess I got no choice but prove people like you wrong

--------------------------------------
1st One Piece has plenty of A**pulls! and Plot armors
Zoro's Three heads (A**pull)
Sanji's (nonsense) Fire Legs (A**pull)
Luffy's Gear second and third ( He had No time for training for that nor the third gear after aokiji or in water 7 Both are counted as A**pulls )

Usopp's Nakama speech , Luffy gets up like nothing has happend for 3 minutes ( Plot Armor)
Zoro taken all of Luffy's pain in Thriller Park ( Which should've killed him) ( Plot Armor)
Luffy's survival with the fight with magellan ( Plot Armor)

Let's dig to the Time Skip
Luffy's gear 4 attack (Gomu-Gomu No Kong Organ) is an (A**pull) And it's ridiculous That kind of attack belongs to Robin's fruit (not to Luffy's fruit)
Luffy's survival at Karakuri's battle ia a giant (Plot Armor) Karakuri could have finished Luffy off for good ( but Oda resulted to make it a rival fight instead of a real fight)

When did I say One Piece has no flaws? Just because I gave it a high score doesn't mean its flawless. It is because it has done many things right. Fairy Tail, on the other hand, has almost done everything wrong.
Jul 30, 2019 11:42 AM

Apr 2014
Gotta introduce or reïntroduce an asspull character into the show, because the bad writing can't think of a clever way to deal with acnologia. What a fucking surprise...

Writing is literally thrown out the window as everything that the series had going for it has been lost (And it has been for a long while now).
Jul 30, 2019 11:46 AM
Nov 2016
kun_kirito said:

I'm gonna guess: Anna Heartfilia
Jul 30, 2019 1:40 PM
Mar 2015
August could not kill his mother but called out to her at the end.
Zeref kills the boy who thought he was his son,but just like natsu they were both created from the book
Acnologia is back to die
Aug 20, 2019 3:35 AM

Dec 2013
August self destructing is such a disappointment...
Aug 20, 2019 12:15 PM

Sep 2017
A whole lot of nothing happened this episode. I did like August's death tho, which seems to be an unpopular opinion.
Sep 15, 2019 8:02 AM

Oct 2013
lostnspace said:
August's storyline hurt me to my core. What an incredibly sad existence knowing his father had no clue who he was; even though they spent so many years together. In his dying moments, his own mother, who did not know who he was, had so much disdain for him when he looked into her eyes. Part of me thinks August could have kept that spell going - but he had compassion for a mother who he never got to spend any of his life with and chose to die at his own hands, rather than continue to harm or worse have to directly fight her. August's really deserved a redemption arc – he should not have been a throwaway villain.

I echo this sentiment. I found his character arc genuinely depressing. I think FT did a fairly poor job at telling this story in a meaningful and resonating way, but the character arc point-by-point is agonizingly tragic. I honestly find it hard to believe August is really gone, just like that; that's the end, and not even his mother becomes aware of his existence. That "mother!" at his end was truly, genuinely sad. These sorts of poetic undertones are what make FT's lows so damn disappointing, because the content is there for something truly beautiful.

It was also pretty hype when Natsu called Zeref "brother." That's another highlight of the episode.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 22, 2019 11:31 PM

May 2014
Poor August. Seems like he only wanted to be loved. He should have been more open about it to his father. It may had changed his fate. Luckily for him he was able to see his mother before he died. Thanks to her that they survived. It's hard to believe they could beat him otherwise.

He reminds me a bit of Ulquiorra from Bleach. He share a bit of the same personality as him and is very strong just like him. I like the way they dealt with his death. It's probably one of the few death I have seen in this series. He handled it very well.
Oct 8, 2019 1:22 AM

Dec 2012
Larcade is gone.
Dat punch.
August rises.
Mavis sees August.
August sees Mavis.
August stopped his magic.
END.
Natsu calls Zeref, nii-chan.
They really gonna make me relive this cruel scene? YAMERO!!!!!!
Took you long enough Erza.
Acnologia smells the familiarity.
Jellal appears.
Acnologia ate that shit. Literally.
Wendy attacks Acnologia.
Blue Pegasus.
Lead Acnologia to a certain spot?
Who oppai is that?
Dat ending.

2 chapters. They didn't leave the blood on Mavis mouth.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 10, 2020 10:38 AM

Apr 2014
August looked like he was loved by Brandish though. I mean look at his face when they tried to negotiate with him.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What is the reason for so much hatred for fairy tail series ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Jan 29

46 by Arminken »»
Today, 12:30 AM

» Any theories ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 3

16 by MiraStraussFan99 »»
Mar 10, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

202 by amlg »»
Jan 25, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

60 by amlg »»
Jan 23, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2019

38 by amlg »»
Jan 23, 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.