Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jul 27, 3:22 AM
Would it not be possible for magic to heal back his brain to its state on where he won't need the device on his neck?

Edit:
If it's not possible for him to be healed by magic(by magicians), how about recharging the batteries of the device in his neck with his ability?
Modified by KrulYuno, Jul 27, 8:59 PM

Jul 27, 9:00 AM

if you watched the first season of Index, there was mention that those of science can't really use stuff from the magic side. It would cause that person extreme pain and up to and including death.

Jul 27, 8:50 PM
komic said:
if you watched the first season of Index, there was mention that those of science can't really use stuff from the magic side. It would cause that person extreme pain and up to and including death.

Oh yeah, that. I forgot.
Rather than Accelerator using magic, is it still not possible for someone(a magician) to heal him instead?

Jul 27, 8:55 PM

KrulYuno said:
komic said:

Oh yeah, that. I forgot.
Rather than Accelerator using magic, is it still not possible for someone(a magician) to heal him instead?

I'm pretty sure no one in the science side believes in magic except maybe the higher ups.

Jul 27, 8:58 PM
Only_Brad said:
KrulYuno said:

Oh yeah, that. I forgot.

I'm pretty sure no one in the science side believes in magic except maybe the higher ups.

Regarding that thing aside, is it possible? I know that Accelerator doesn't believe in magic in this world.

Jul 27, 10:15 PM

KrulYuno said:
Would it not be possible for magic to heal back his brain to its state on where he won't need the device on his neck?

Edit:
If it's not possible for him to be healed by magic(by magicians), how about recharging the batteries of the device in his neck with his ability?

It actually might be possible for a Magic God. In fact, in NT V9, he saved all the 20000 Misaka Sisters by himself. So that means he was never shot. Thus, he may be healed that way.

Also, only espers can't use magic without suffering a critical injury. Other science side characters can use magic. Komoe-sensei does in the first volume to heal Index.
Leave messages on my page to discuss this further.

Aug 28, 3:57 PM

KrulYuno said:

Edit:

I would say no. He can't just generate power with his ability since that also uses power from his device. Even with no energy loss there would still be no use-able energy left to do work.
So your proposal would make no sense as that would be considered a 'perpetual motion machine' which defies all laws of physics.

What he can do is use his vectoring to drain power from a outside source, ie. adding energy to the system. So he still need some power source, but doesn't need to use the charger necessarily.

Also, yes he can be healed BY magic, but he doesn't know any magicians that knows healing spells. Maybe Index, but not sure why she would help him at this point in the story. Later on, he wouldn't even need to be healed.
Modified by zcv45, Aug 28, 4:01 PM

Aug 31, 12:15 AM
zcv45 said:
KrulYuno said:

Edit:

I would say no. He can't just generate power with his ability since that also uses power from his device. Even with no energy loss there would still be no use-able energy left to do work.
So your proposal would make no sense as that would be considered a 'perpetual motion machine' which defies all laws of physics.

What he can do is use his vectoring to drain power from a outside source, ie. adding energy to the system. So he still need some power source, but doesn't need to use the charger necessarily.

Also, yes he can be healed BY magic, but he doesn't know any magicians that knows healing spells. Maybe Index, but not sure why she would help him at this point in the story. Later on, he wouldn't even need to be healed.

Sorry for wronly phrasing it. What I meant was not generating power, but acquiring energy somewhere else.

Sep 10, 11:22 PM
program noizes

KrulYuno said:

Sorry for wronly phrasing it. What I meant was not generating power, but acquiring energy somewhere else.

Yes, he can acquire energy from another source, provided he has enough juice in the battery to use his power to charge it. This is something we see him do in canon later on using a method I will not spoil the details of for you.