Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 28, 2019 10:47 AM

Dec 2014
finally wolf girl saved..glad for her
Jul 28, 2019 2:08 PM

Mar 2017
Hestia familia has four children now. That's a big change.
Jul 28, 2019 4:41 PM

Nov 2017
I'm liking this so far,and I'm liking how its showing Hestia
Yes,what she's doing is mostly for bell,but even then she's showing that she also cares about those that Bell cares about.
Looking forward to the next episode.
As for Lili,I've always liked her,and even more now :)
Jul 28, 2019 6:21 PM
Jan 2016
I am glad they managed to save Lili, she also did well, glad she could make Soma-sama stop the battle and also leave Soma's family and join hestia's family, Bell have so real friends they all want to join Hestia family, hestia's family is growing!

God's reunion was also awesome, Freye provocation to apollo was so epic!

Bell is having a hard training, looking foward to see how strong he have become!
Jul 28, 2019 7:27 PM

Jul 2013
Just like that Hestia family gained 3 members. Whatever that wine is, I want some lol
Jul 28, 2019 8:05 PM
Sep 2016
They skipped the Xenos foreshadowing when Zanis talked about his "business". And they also skipped the conversation about the Three Great Quests in episode 1. As expected of JC Staff...
Jul 28, 2019 10:49 PM
Sep 2017
Love the episode.

I kinda like the changes they did to this anime.

Jul 29, 2019 12:01 AM
Jan 2019
Ahhh! I cannot describe the happiness and emotion I felt when watching this episode.
I think the most surprising of all was the fact that Lili joined the Hestia family (good for her, I'm glad), and that the two remaining companions of Bell's adventurous team made the same request to their Gods. From the man in the Hephaestus family, I understand, he has been fighting alongside Bell for a while, but the girl from the Takemikazuchi family, really, surprised me.
Those are true friends. Hestia and Bell are lucky to have met them.
So, now the Hestia family is made up of 4 members and an assistant (Ryu, that woman is very strong). You didn't expect that Apollo: v ... I want to see the expression on his face when he finds out about the situation, hahaha. How exiting!.
Jul 29, 2019 2:33 AM

Aug 2012
I am curious on how it will go. From the last ep is clear the author being japanesse has no idea how castles are supposed to work. The whole piint of a castle is to be able to defend it with as few soldiers as possible so saying you cannot defend a castle with one person is dumb. Now about attacking there are few key strategies: 1. cut access to water and food supply 2. throw projectiles at the walls. 3. throw projectiles over the wall with various things in this context monsters would be best 4. infiltrate the castle using tunneling secret escape root or trojan horse 5. climb over the walls. the last one only works with japanesse castles with are crap. One of the reasons Nobunaga which studied war from europeans dereated them so easy. Also considering the nagic some can muster like the lil lesbo elf girl a castle will help little unless is bunker style and then you can simply smoke them out. Generally with castles was a waiting game . You usually waited for ally troops to arrive or winter as a sieged one. The one doing the siege either had to break in which was hard or starve the people inside into submission. That is why a large defense force not that usefull most times.The most interesant strategy belongs to the romans against the gals. They raised a fence with garrisons around the castle thus preventing both aloied forces to help and someone to escape.
Jul 29, 2019 4:39 AM
Jul 2018
The preview for the next episode has been released, I can hardly wait for the wargame to come!
removed-userJul 29, 2019 4:44 AM
Jul 29, 2019 5:26 AM

Jan 2018
lmao joined hestia familia for one war game
Jul 29, 2019 7:51 AM
Mar 2014
it was about time the hestia family gets a few more members.
even if it's only for just 1 game.

this reminds me a lot of the MMORPG I play, when people will jump Guilds just to be able to join Guild siege on weekends, and then leave the guild to go back to their former guild as soon as the siege is over.

LOL
Jul 30, 2019 12:47 AM

Jul 2017
This episode brings me hope for the future of Hestia and her familia, finally having Ms. Supporter Lili finally on their side. And also the few others who have been together with Bell since Season 1, plus some new ones.

Operation Saving Ms. Supporter Liliruca Arde is complete, and the conversion/gathering of members are too. Zanis is such a one-note character, only interested in helping Soma produce alcohol, which is the only main aspiration.

And Apollo is still creepy AF, but luckily the Guild (and Hermes) try to intervene in the worst selection possible to give Hestia some substance to balance the disadvantage of the War Game. Stingy and petty Apollo HAHA

Overall, felt that this episode skimped some stuff from the LN, but nothing to off for now (unless there's some motive in that).
Jul 30, 2019 2:50 AM
Jan 2018
KANLen09 said:
This episode brings me hope for the future of Hestia and her familia, finally having Ms. Supporter Lili finally on their side. And also the few others who have been together with Bell since Season 1, plus some new ones.

Operation Saving Ms. Supporter Liliruca Arde is complete, and the conversion/gathering of members are too. Zanis is such a one-note character, only interested in helping Soma produce alcohol, which is the only main aspiration.

And Apollo is still creepy AF, but luckily the Guild (and Hermes) try to intervene in the worst selection possible to give Hestia some substance to balance the disadvantage of the War Game. Stingy and petty Apollo HAHA

Overall, felt that this episode skimped some stuff from the LN, but nothing to off for now (unless there's some motive in that).

yea the skipped somas background on why hes like he is , pretty much everyone is somas familia only cares about the wine so they desperately try to obtain money
Jul 30, 2019 2:51 AM
Jan 2018
KlinyKlinn said:
lmao joined hestia familia for one war game

that was only ryuu everyone els has joined permanently but one or two of them may only be with them for a year
Jul 30, 2019 7:32 AM
Feb 2009
everyone joining hestia family nicee
Jul 30, 2019 10:51 AM

Apr 2018
The episode was pretty good, it becomes more interesting episode by episode, and I noticed the higher score on mal, 7.81 first season and now the 2nd season it is 8.04 I think so this is a nice evolution and a great stimulation to make another season. I'm curious what will happen in the battle with Apollo family
Fight for All That's Beautiful in The World !

Jul 31, 2019 11:14 AM

Aug 2016
Now Hestia's familia got quadrutated their numbers. And our favorite misfit elf is going to be on scene. Ryu is Lvl. 4, if Apollo's lvl 3 is going to be main antagonist, it's gonna be fun to watch.

It's also really nice to see how Miach and Takemikazuchi Familias became so close Allies to Hestia. I wonder Hephasteius didn't do a shit except letting Wulf go.
Martin_TaylorJul 31, 2019 11:18 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2019 2:13 PM
Apr 2013
Nieznajomy43 said:
Sadsadface said:
My guess is that after the War Games next episode, everyone will work on rebuilding the church they live in, while at the same time upgrading it to better suit the new familia members.

And my guess is that you don't watch OP and ED, because there are massive spoilers. ;)

Correct actually. I started watching some, realized that it would contain spoilers, and now skip them.
Aug 1, 2019 7:32 AM

Feb 2018
War Game almost xD.
Aug 1, 2019 7:24 PM

Dec 2016
Yeah based off of these first three episodes this season is gonna be good as fuck and that makes me realllll happy
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 1, 2019 9:03 PM

Jan 2013
What a fantastic episode! I'm so glad that we got a 2S!

Very intense episode!
Never thought that they would rescue Lili so fast! Great to see everyone helping out Hestia's Familia in such a tough situation.

Yesss! Finally, they joined Hestia's family!!
The other guy wanted to help Hestia, so that girl did his part (finally), i am talking about Mikoto.

What a team! Can't wait for more episodes!

So basically Lili's god is just a useless guy that makes addictive wine?...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 6, 2019 9:00 PM

Jun 2014
Man i feel like the events f this episode took WAY longer in the LN. But its been a while since I read it.

I'm so pumped to see the real grit of bell's training and the war game!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 11, 2019 3:12 AM

Jun 2017
Is it just me or their is a fucking medal of honor music at the beginning ?

Aug 15, 2019 8:59 PM

Mar 2018
Rally the troops Hestia!
{\_/}
(•~•)

{\_/}
( •-•)

{\_/}
( – _ -)
Sep 9, 2019 12:12 PM

May 2018
Arde's Familia Soma is one of the worst I have seen on this series, including the commander. But Soma himself is one of the best Gods, I think he is a good God based on what I have seen on this episode. Another interesting episodes, childrens from the other Familia leaves their own Familia to join Hestia Familia. I am excited to see the adventurer outside the Orario.

Sep 20, 2019 2:15 PM

Mar 2010
Apollo is disgusting lol
Sep 23, 2019 10:45 PM

Apr 2009
...and the Hestia Familia just expanded exponentially in just one episode! Lili is done with Soma, Welf is getting permission from Hephaestus...was Mikoto asking Takemikazuchi? If so Hestia's order of battle just gotten even better! Heck, if Ryuu joins them as an outside helper which she most probably will at Hermes's pleading, Apollo won't stand a chance!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 26, 2019 9:52 PM

Jul 2016
Though the conclusion of Lili's problem felt flat and unimpactful due to some plot conveniences, this episode was still better than the previous two. I especially didn't like that, out of nowhere, the guard decided to help her escape and the way how she somehow resisted a God's divine wine was... easier than what I thought. A bit disappointed but whatever.

On the other hand, Lili and Welf deciding to join the Hestia Familia was to be expected but Mikoto caught me a bit by surprise with her request. She didn't seem that close to them if you ask me but well.

And by the way, Hermes asking Ryu to join Hestia was quite expected as well but since I like her character, I don't mind it that much. Can't wait to see more of her in action.
Sep 30, 2019 5:56 PM

May 2012
Dark, sad yet a good buildup! Looking forwards to see what's next!
Oct 12, 2019 7:43 AM

Mar 2015
Cool, the Familia has grown!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 5, 2019 3:26 PM
Apr 2016
I find the characters so annoying and "generic" in this show, I can't stand it. War soon to begin.
Nov 13, 2019 12:00 PM

Sep 2012
😂😂😂😂 apollo will be pissed cause bell gets new more assistance sins hes familia grew + 1 outside help 😂😂😂😂
Sep 17, 2020 12:23 PM

Jan 2009
judging by the OP Hestia Familia will take over the house and property of the Apollo Familia when they win this war game lol

fuck that bisexual ass Apollo right
Sep 29, 2020 5:21 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, yes, like the title said, they would not let Lilisuke went away! Yeah, that quite God from the opening song first season that together with Lili finally revealed himself. It looks like his only interest on his life just to creating the alcohol. Such a shame. However, his encounters with Lili, maybe changed him at all. Soma sama looks more dependable now, instead of just creating the damn alcohol. I hope i will see his appearance again in the future.

The reason of Lili left Welf side finished. Its seemed everything just turned out well. Lili joined Hestia Familia, at last! Then, some adventurer might be joined too via a conversion between the two or more Familia. Lol. It sounds easy, i believed. If Hestia fellow friends could just lend her some of their members, in no time Hestia would create a great team on her war game. However, its looks like every god was not as easy to convinced, other than Haephatus, Takemikazuchi, and Miach, i believed. So, well, lets see if Hermes could persuade Ryuu, and more power combantant officially joined onto Hestia Familia too. It would be so great to kick Apollo's ass family!

No my Bell boy time here. He seemed so serious on his exercise. Would it turned out to be good? Well, as MC, everything can turned out to be good, in no time. So i believed on you, my boy! Lets kick some nasty Apollo members and had more acknowledged for your beloved Goddess, Hestia!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 12, 2020 11:55 PM

Feb 2019
Every time Apollo opens his mouth, I hate him more and more. Why did he hold so much power during the god conference? Aren't both parties supposed to agree on the terms for the war game? Why did Hestia have to give in to his demand of the foreign helper even though everyone knew that it was a stupid idea (made by a stupid person, might I add)? Maybe I'm missing something.

I assume the foreign helper will be the yellow cat girl that we see on the cover art and the intro for the series. I'm interested to see what her abilities are-- she must be pretty overpowered if Bell's going to win (which I assume he's going to, since it's anime). Seeing everyone switch familias just to help Bell was actually pretty touching. These people, bound by just friendship, are willing to sacrifice opportunities for one another, and I think that's pretty special.

And damn, that ED beginning is still so good.

Hestia is Best-ia.
Oct 21, 2020 11:28 AM

Dec 2010
Is this best episode or what?

Also best goddess or what?
Oct 25, 2020 1:30 AM

Sep 2018
Actually I was wondering, watching the third season of "DanMachi", how the character of Mikoto had entered the family of Hestia, because in this second season, so far, his presence was justified by being only as an impromptu support, instead this 'episode went well beyond my expectations: not only did it clear up the aforementioned doubt, but it also made clear the situations that also involve the characters of Welf, Lili and talked about the Soma family so far gone into the background in history. Excellent drawings and animations, beautiful backgrounds. Bell's character continues to irritate and dislike me. It also turns out who was the shady figure who spoke with the character of Klio, as I love the scripts that link all the events without leaving any doubts in their interpretation.

P.S. I really appreciate that Ryu and Syr's working cat colleagues were also shown during the narration.
Terrablu2018Oct 25, 2020 1:34 AM
Nov 25, 2020 3:26 AM

Aug 2017
These last two episodes progressed more than season 1. I really started to worry since we have two subplots in the same arc, now that one is already solved, that improved the pacing. The Hestia familia is starting to grow!

Only issue is they cut an important scene for Lilly's freedom, that would have made more sense.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 20, 2020 12:19 AM

Apr 2019
So lily is saved and everyone joins Hestia familia. Lily is really lucky to have friends that would go so far to save her. Ryu is joining in for the battle. Good luck to Bell and her.

Jul 21, 2021 12:54 PM

Apr 2013
Lili joining the Hestia famila was to be expected, but I did not think the other two would join as well. I thought it was one of the points that he fights together with different familias.
Apr 14, 2022 12:56 AM

May 2020
About time both Welf and Lily joining Hestia familia, so yeah they got numbers on their sides but still are far outnumbered as compared to the Apollo ones.
Jun 28, 2022 7:34 AM

Jan 2020
What is this? The season of horrible Familias? Soma's Familia are all like addicted to wine, so much so that they can't even see how horrible their situation is. And Apollo just needs to stop.

Does Bell actually gain any experience from sparring with Wallenstein? Or is he just getting like more familiar with techniques and battle sense? I know both are important, but I'd think Bell would get to at least Level 3 before the War Game so that he'd be on par with Hyakinthos.

For everyone wanting the war game to be "not boring" you'd think they'd want bigger armies on each side of the siege. I mean, watching a small team perform espionage might be somewhat interesting. But I feel like Gods would prefer large groups clashing against one another more than anything else.

Alright, Lili already got rescued, that was easy. The entire Soma Familia thing in the back-half was certainly convoluted and somewhat of a mess. She was locked up, just as easily let out, and then everything was neatly resolved because Lili managed to overcome like 200 proof fortified wine and ask a question.

If nothing else, Hestia is up to 5 members for the war game now. Things aren't looking so bleak, not that it matters. Bell and co. are almost certainly going to win because reasons: plot armor and all that.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jun 29, 2022 8:58 AM

Jan 2019
Good to see the supporting cast can carry the show well with Bell being almost completely absent from the episode.

Also happy that Lili got an episode centered around her, always a good sign for shows when supporting characters get their own episodes/arcs beyond their introductions!

Oct 10, 2022 9:07 PM

Nov 2020
Finally, the Hestia Familia got more members!
What is the real reason Mikoto wants to join Hestia Familia?
Great episode as always!
Jan 6, 2023 8:15 AM

Dec 2012
Soma.
Lili and Zanis.
Lili wants to leave.
10 million?
Hestia arrives.
lol at Hermes.
A siege.
Dat oppai.

Lili and Welf joining Hestia's familia wasn't surprising since they normally team up to go to the dungeon. What is surprising is Mikoto. Hephaestus looking fine as usual.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 27, 2023 6:46 AM

Nov 2010
Nice, suddenly, the Hestia family has become big!
What are Freya's true motives? Does he want Bell to become a part of her family too? I know she has set her sights on him but has not revealed her end goal. I don't remember, at least.
May 30, 2023 11:28 AM

Oct 2019
A cool prep episode for the War Game of the next episode. Hestia Familia is finally not a single person familia, hence it's a true... familia I'd guess.
Jun 1, 2023 10:16 AM
May 2020
I forgot when this happened, and I still can't believe this all happened in one episode AND they got THREE new members to the Hestia family in the last few minutes of the episode!
Jul 29, 2023 9:23 PM
Nov 2022
Cosas extrañas suceden, maldita sea, quiero un heroe
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

116 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 27, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

188 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

121 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

167 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

125 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.