Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 26, 2019 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, it's hard to watch Liliruca behavior this episode.

As much as I find it difficult for Liliruca to defend herself, she should also feel lucky that there's others coming to save her. Specifically, there's Hestia. Even though they get into silly bickering at itmes, it shows that she does really care about Liliruca. Same with her other friends.

Jul 26, 2019 9:33 AM
Dec 2011
The anime made a mistake in portraying what Takemikazuchi familia's home looks like.

Looks like Vol 6 story will end in next episode.
Jul 26, 2019 9:45 AM

Apr 2010
Seems like the Hestia familia is changing.
And it's a needed change but the question is what will happen now to there home seeing the state of it.

Lily being free now is also a nice thing.
Jul 26, 2019 10:02 AM

Aug 2013
We see the Hestia familia growing. Good to know that Lily was able to leave the Soma familia.
Hope Ryu joins the Hestia familia in the war game. That would be interesting.

Jul 26, 2019 10:05 AM
Apr 2013
My guess is that after the War Games next episode, everyone will work on rebuilding the church they live in, while at the same time upgrading it to better suit the new familia members.

The "Don't help me I am worthless" trope is among my lesser favorites. Glad it wasn't played out over multiple episodes, and it has seemingly been resolved for the time being.
Jul 26, 2019 10:09 AM
Apr 2018
The episode was good but they cut a lot of things like Zanis beating lili(this was a good cut for me) or hestia giving away hestia knife for lili's freedom and ecc.
With the next episode they will finish volume 6 and at this point they will adapt even vol 8 seeing how fast they are going.
Jul 26, 2019 10:18 AM
Nov 2018
Hell yes. Lilly is OK and Hestia familia have more members now... Like šŸ˜.. We already know they'll beat Apolo familia thanks to OP. I enjoyed this episode a lot.
Jul 26, 2019 10:20 AM
Jan 2018
well at least they added the conversation , now people know it wasn't mind control which made her leave .

but yes the wine is that addictive

hen welf was talking to his god when she asked him the last question hes main answer was bell he wanted to stay with him and see him grow something like that ,
they cut out a bit of soma characterisation like why he had no interest towards his familia as they had all succumbed to his wine and were overcome with greed,

also they cut that Lily was one of Soma's favorite children if not his favorite child, and when he became detached from his Familia and started not to care he was unaware of the hell they kept putting her through Once he found out and after Hestia's stern lecture that was summed into one line in the anime, Lily's past situation because of his neglect becomes the catalyst for Soma's change.

below is a interlude sort of thing from the mobile game for this episode

Mattinator95Jul 26, 2019 11:10 AM
Jul 26, 2019 10:42 AM
Nov 2018
God, Welf played Hephaestus smooth. As expected from op and ed, Lili, Welf and the Japanese girl join Hestia Familia. Good to see Miach and Take helping Hestia, and also Hermes (in his own way). Is it just me or he's really similar to Vanir from KonoSuba?
QbeusJul 26, 2019 11:17 AM
Jul 26, 2019 10:43 AM
Dec 2017
Can anyone explain soma’s character please? Apparently, he use to really like Lili, and is disappointed with his familia because they are addicted to his wine. The anime really didn’t portray his character well and skipped some important details
Jul 26, 2019 10:51 AM

Oct 2011
Well, now that everyone will be in the same clan, they can finally start to rapidly level up together and become the top familia

Jul 26, 2019 10:54 AM
Nov 2018
LoL, they are just reusing the sound effects from One Punch Man S2 here, as expected of JC Staff.

I understand already JC staff just stop, I will stop watching your works anymore.
*man when I watching this I hear OPM S2 and expecting Genos teleports out of nowhere.
Jul 26, 2019 10:57 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm Soma familia huh their work looks a tad shady to me. Syr though must be quite worried about Bell considering the odds arrayed against him. Hestia's plan while risky was actually deeper than expected. Her read on Bell's worries was pretty accurate. The gods meeting though was pretty interesting as it not just defined the type of battle to be fought but also introduced an advantage to Hestia via Freya's assist. Hestia's speech to motivate Lily though sure was impressive as was the effect it had on Lily in awakening her determination to help her friends. A solid ep that while gradually expanding upon the war game also served to expand upon Lily as a character. While Bell's training with Aiz is doing well in improving his skills Hestia is also working hard to gather more allies and expand their familia as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2019 11:09 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Bell is going to need all the help he can get. He's outnumbered and outpowered as he is.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 26, 2019 11:11 AM
Jan 2018
Qbeus said:
God, Welf played Hephaestus smooth. As expected from op and ed, Lili, Welf and the Japanese girl join Hestia Familia. Good to see Miach and Take helping Hestia, and also Hermes (in his own way). Is it just me or he's really similar to Vanir from KonoSuba? Anyway

thats not even a spoiler because its not even true
Jul 26, 2019 11:17 AM
Nov 2018
Mattinator95 said:
Qbeus said:
God, Welf played Hephaestus smooth. As expected from op and ed, Lili, Welf and the Japanese girl join Hestia Familia. Good to see Miach and Take helping Hestia, and also Hermes (in his own way). Is it just me or he's really similar to Vanir from KonoSuba? Anyway

thats not even a spoiler because its not even true

Crap, you're right. Thank you, I've made a mistake reading wikia. I'll edit my post in order not to fool anyone. Even though it may work as a theory
Jul 26, 2019 11:25 AM

Jul 2012
Pretty good episode, like the development. Asked about previous episode why Freya didn't interfere, well that's why.
Always loved the hype ost tracks from the first season.
Jul 26, 2019 11:39 AM

Jul 2013
I'm glad they didn't drag out the whole thing with Liliruca being captive. Though I admit it could had been a separate arc from this one, there wasn't enough interest from my part for that plot when the War Game stuff is pending.

I'm glad to see Ryu is going to support the Hestia Familia.
Jul 26, 2019 12:11 PM
Jul 2019
i can confirm that the graphic are good more or less.The plot is average ,well bc it's kinda repeated "cliches". the hero is in a pinch and he will try doing evrything he can just to solve all problems.(and he will achieve that of course with the power of friendship -_-)
Jul 26, 2019 1:03 PM

Sep 2014
They sure were fast in saving Liliruca. Drunk Lili was kinda cute.
Looking forward to see Ryu in action.
Jul 26, 2019 1:09 PM

Jul 2017
ngl if it was unknown which studio did this I would not have expected J.C Staff of all people especially after recent works
Jul 26, 2019 1:25 PM

Oct 2017
I thght this would be more frustrating to watch but things r looking gd now. Also i wanted to see bell kick apollo family's ass all by himself but if they r gonna join him and destroy apollo family together thats even better.Now im looking forward to the war game even more.
Jul 26, 2019 1:32 PM

Jan 2016
Honestly this is a big step up from the season 1, which wasn't bad but wasn't amazing.

For those that don't like this kinda setup, it's understandable why you wouldn't enjoy this.

But sometimes I like the simplicity of a revenge match where the MC will just be downright badass and run through his enemies and the execution is done well so what's not to like? Some really good character development in this episode as well, I was so glad to see people that are loyal enough to join the Hestia family
Jul 26, 2019 1:36 PM

Oct 2018
Seems like the Hestia family is growing
Now it won't be Bell vs the entire Apollo family

I really like this episode, it was great!

Btw, if I'm not mistaken, then they are allowed to get one helper from another family
That being said,
-Aincrad-Jul 26, 2019 1:42 PM
Jul 26, 2019 1:40 PM

Jun 2017
It was about time for the Hestia familia to grow, pretty much everyone I expected joined except Mikoto, she kinda switched out of nowhere imo but oh well I guess she would feel obliged when they almost had Bell killed in the past lol.

-Aincrad- said:
Seems like the Hestia family is growing
Now it won't be Bell vs the entire Apollo family

I really like this episode, it was great!

Btw, if I'm not mistaken, then they are allowed to get one helper from another family
That being said,

The one who will help is Ryu (as it was seen at the end of the episode but you wouldn't know she is from outside Orario without her backstory, she has her own spinoff if you are interested)
Jul 26, 2019 2:02 PM

Feb 2014
At last, the Hestia familia is finally growing and it all happened in this episode.

While Bell was busy gaining as much experience as possible, Hestia's plan to rescue Lili went ahead, but thanks to the prison guardsman unexpected generosity, Lili was able to escape and confront Soma.

Although I was disappointed with Lili when she drunk the divine wine, she was able to regain her senses enough to ask Soma for help again and, thankfully, he agreed.

So yeah, Lili had a good amount of character development and I really enjoyed it. Next time should be Bell and his chosen partner in a Siege against the whole of the Apollo familia. No pressure..... =P
Jul 26, 2019 2:06 PM

Mar 2017
It's so sweet that Welf and Mikoto care for Bell so much that they're willing to leave their familias in order to help him.

Poor Lili this episode! She has been through some shit but at least she's found people who love her and who she loves in return
Jul 26, 2019 2:34 PM

Apr 2013
Lili is finally free and she joins Hestia's Familia, and Hestia got a bunch of new members all of a sudden... now to crush apollo and his familia
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jul 26, 2019 2:36 PM

Oct 2012
Meta_Yoshi said:
At last, the Hestia familia is finally growing and it all happened in this episode.
So yeah, Lili had a good amount of character development and I really enjoyed it. Next time should be Bell and his chosen partner in a Siege against the whole of the Apollo familia. No pressure..... =P

The partner is Ryu (assuming she'll join) but Bell will now be joined by Welf, Lily and Mikoto too since they're changing familias.

I find Soma to be really interesting. Very curious what he wants. Apparently, being able to handle his divine wine (heroin in our world) earns you his respect. Otherwise he seems to care less about you but that might just be a misunderstanding.
Jul 26, 2019 3:07 PM

Apr 2017
is Welf, Lily, Mikoto join Hestia Familia temporary or permanently?
Jul 26, 2019 3:09 PM

Apr 2015
So the Hestia Familia and their friends rescued Lili, Zanis got what he deserved!

So Lili ended up joining the Hestia Familia and now I am actually surprised that Welf and Mikoto wants to join Hestia as well and leave their current Familia's... Bell-kun has great friends.
Jul 26, 2019 3:57 PM
Nov 2011
They underplayed how powerful soma's wine really was, but aside from that it was a pretty solid episode. A bit skimmed over, but I guess with anime you have to cut things some times
Jul 26, 2019 4:11 PM
Sep 2016
Fuadtsm said:
is Welf, Lily, Mikoto join Hestia Familia temporary or permanently?

Permanently, except for Mikoto. She is supposed to convert back to her former familia after a year.
Jul 26, 2019 4:18 PM

Apr 2014
Boy I really want to drink that god wine...
Jul 26, 2019 4:23 PM

Jun 2015
ooh hestia familia got a lot bigger in just one episode
Jul 26, 2019 4:33 PM
Mar 2017
Zanis is a fucking manipulator that takes advantage of his god Soma and being sincere Soma seems more like a zombie than a god, everything is left in the hands of the bastard Zanis, who is a first-rate scum.

I'm still surprised that Hestia is organizing the ambush to free Lili from the Soma family, especially since Hestia and Lili don't get along, but in the end it's for Bell's sake.

The meeting of the gods was interesting, it was very funny that Hermes was the one who chose the terms of the War Game, it hurts that a "siege" was chosen and this leaves Hestia at a clear disadvantage, but Hermes proposes something that I quite like, that Hestia may have support but obviously Apollo refuses, but it is the sensual Freya who gives the coup de grace and the rest of the gods support the idea of ā€‹ā€‹support for Hestia and Apollo gives in to the pressure, but it can only be one person and this must be from another city, but apparently Hestia has someone in mind and will leave Hermes in charge (I think it's obvious who she's thinking about and it's the coolest thing the busty Loli could have thought)

As I mentioned before Zanis is scum and seeing that he wants Lili as a factory to make money is disgusting, but seeing Chandra free Lili gave me hope and seeing that Hestia made Lili understand that she is necessary in the team was even more hopeful to see that Lili was released, but Soma challenges Lili to drink the poison of the gods and see the loyalty she has towards Bell continues, it was cruel, but in the end it was the feelings of Lili who won and finally Soma releases Lili and the best Welf beat Zanis.
Now Lili is officially part of the Hestia Family, but they are not the only ones, Welf and Mikoto renounce their families and join the Hestia family. I loved seeing Hephaestus resist Welf's request, but in the end she gives in and accepts.

But the best was when I saw Hermes beg the beautiful Ryu to join as support for the Hestia family, I hope she accepts, it will be a fundamental piece if she joins (she equals at least 50 members).

Ais and Tiona are tough opponents for Bell's training, but in the end Ais gives him some advice that I'm sure he will put into practice against Hyakinthos.

I am very happy that the Hestia Family is growing, now we just have to see how they kick the ass of Apollo's children and see what Hestia asked if Apollo is the one who loses.
Jul 26, 2019 4:42 PM

Jan 2017
Still can't get over the fact that apollo has a kink for some kid with vitiligo (that was mildly offensive but, yeah).
What, JC animates Danmachi. OPM flashbacks.

This episode was interesting; I'd have preferred to see more of a struggle in the events concerning lili, especially because of the psychological aspect. But hey, that's not the focus... really though, whilst one part of me is thinking that Bell's friends have made logical move as opposed to having him be a one man tank, I dont get why this way was so convenient, now things are going to be easier -what, they're gonna go back after all is said and done. Great storytelling. Guess I gotta wait and see!
Jul 26, 2019 4:49 PM

Jul 2017
Hestia's group manage to get Lily back, nice one. Now Bell can go all out in the War Game. Bell is lucky to have Ais train him once again, he couldn't have a better partner than her.

Cool stuff! Seems that the Hestia family will be growing by 2 members! I'm happy with that!

So far so good! Bring on the next ep!
Jul 26, 2019 4:57 PM

Sep 2013
This translator is def. a Kojima fan.

Jul 26, 2019 5:01 PM

Oct 2012
Really good episode! Finally Minase Inori is back on track with her voice of Hestia and it was well worth it.
Hestia certainly showed her real strength this time.

And Lili's story was also good, even though it's pretty funny how he didn't really hesitated a minute to give in to the temptation again :D

My only gripe how their respective gods let go Mikoto and Welf so quickly - is it really that easy to change your pantheon and faith like that? But I guess they both were more reasonable than Souma.

Now I only wonder when Cassandra joins them too as we already got her flag before. But first Hayami Saori Ryuu is gonna fight side by side with Bell, can't wait to see that.
Jul 26, 2019 8:52 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Glad to see the Hestia family finally growing, Bell needs all the help he can get. :)
Ryu as the extra should be interesting.

My favorite scene from this episode was the one where Welf leaves the Hephaistos family saying that he was going it for his friends. :)
Jul 26, 2019 9:14 PM

Feb 2017
Lets hope soma starts some change in his familia
Jul 26, 2019 9:26 PM
Oct 2017
I only wanna see that Ara Ara goddess.
Jul 26, 2019 9:35 PM

Oct 2015
Just let the war games begin already, enough with this futility! This show should stick what its good at and that is action.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 26, 2019 9:42 PM
Jun 2017
War game, war game, im so excited about it already... yeah!!!

Good to see Hestia familia will have some help from other familias. Yeah!!!
Jul 26, 2019 10:46 PM

Nov 2013
Decent episode. It does feel like they’re rushing through it a lot though....hopefully it’s worth it later on
Jul 26, 2019 11:03 PM

Dec 2013
The gangs all together now.
Watching Soma wake up and transferring Lili to Hestia brought a tear to my eyes. She's been through so much crap, it's the least she deserved.

Can't wait for Bell to finally put a down payment on their new house XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 27, 2019 12:15 AM

Mar 2019
OMG.... i literally felt this episode like 3 minutes long...

No Dungeon, no Monsters... but you can really feel the trama...

PS: anime episodes needs to be longer... pls..
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 27, 2019 4:11 AM

May 2018
I'm glad they finish this Lily arc in just one episode. Now to focus on War Game.
Jul 27, 2019 4:40 AM

Oct 2017
It looks that this vine is strong and seriously addicting
And wtf?!
Everyone wants join to Hestia Familly? Kinda unexpected but win War Game would be too hard for 2 person and illogical
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

116 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 27, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

188 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

121 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

167 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

125 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.