Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: SD Gundam World: Sangoku Souketsuden Episode 1 Discussion

Jul 26, 2019 3:01 AM
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A nice start to what seems like the most upbeat zombie apocalypse anime yet. We get to see some classic and newer Gundam models like Barbatos, 00, Unicorn, etc. in Ancient Chinese-like setting.
P.S. You might wanna check this link to understand the backstory: https://sd-gundam-world.net/soketsuden/
Modified by Radu_Bey0, Jul 26, 2019 3:26 AM

Jul 26, 2019 2:57 PM

Weird setting and concept. I like the idea I'm just not sure the writing will keep my interest. It's a vehicle for selling toys. Classic Gundam definitely was trying to sell toys/models too but those were based off manga.

Aug 6, 2019 12:42 AM
modboy said:
Weird setting and concept. I like the idea I'm just not sure the writing will keep my interest. It's a vehicle for selling toys. Classic Gundam definitely was trying to sell toys/models too but those were based off manga.

I'm confused, what does manga have to do with selling model kits? And the only Gundam anime adapted from a manga are the more recent Thunderbolt and The Origin.
"Classic" Gundam is an original thing besides Char's Counterattack being adapted from Tomino's Hi-Streamer novel.

Aug 9, 2019 11:26 AM

So I'm guessing this isn't going to be a weekly thing? Haven't seen episode 2 show up anywhere yet.

Aug 9, 2019 1:37 PM

The_Sum_of_Zero said:
So I'm guessing this isn't going to be a weekly thing? Haven't seen episode 2 show up anywhere yet.

I'm pretty sure episodes air on the last Friday of each month.

Aug 3, 7:10 AM

Oh god, what? Didn't expect zombie apocalypse at all! And everything looked ridiculously cool and so bright. I'm not sure how seriously I should take this but I guess it still can be lots of fun.