Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 4 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 26, 2019 12:20 AM

Oct 2008
my heart was a bit wounded on this episode because of that psycho crazy ass teacher that went ahead and dared to hurt our precious Latina! just look at her frustrated eyes of sorrow!
SO demon race can reach up to 200+ years of their life span!? so that's why Latina became sad because she thinks that she would be alone again.
Dale was so furious and badass delivering judgement to the admins of the school.
Good thing that abomination of a teacher was excommunicated!
Chloe also cried because of extreme worry to Latina! that was so heart-warming.
Latina not yet good at singing was so adorable as well!
5/5.

Jul 26, 2019 12:39 AM

Sep 2011
Man that school section went from 0 to 11 really fast. And omg Dale I get that the bitch teacher's actions indirectly caused Latina to hurt herself but you went a little too harsh on the old lady like damn.
Jul 26, 2019 12:49 AM

May 2014
Again that inclination of using cartoonish villains with exaggerated bias and crazy faces to handle such a delicate issue. You can't take the situation with the seriousness it deserves and in the end it just works to create cheap drama and victimization instead of real empathy. Everything felt so fake and over-the-top, from that teacher to Latina's reaction.

I would not say the whole episode was bad, but damn, it was painful to watch. If this is how drama is going to be handled in this serie, well...
Jul 26, 2019 1:49 AM

Jan 2009
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Man that school section went from 0 to 11 really fast. And omg Dale I get that the bitch teacher's actions indirectly caused Latina to hurt herself but you went a little too harsh on the old lady like damn.

Jul 26, 2019 2:20 AM
Oct 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
q1w2e3r4t5 said:
the rainbow thing and her parents being the only ones nice to her was shown in previous episodes. Did you not pay attention?
Yeah I was. The point was this get repeated as is important and she gets the courage to tell Dale too.
you’re not making any sense
Jul 26, 2019 2:48 AM

Jun 2016
really great episode !!

it show us racism in the anime is the great problem...

we get dale FULL AUTHORITY... but the thing is we still don't know the world they living in and the current state of the world and we still don't know DALE IS and his past...

i hope in the next episode or before the final episode we get to know WHO IS DALE and THE WORLD...
Jul 26, 2019 2:50 AM

Sep 2011
Tatsuya said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Okay aaaaaaaaand?
Jul 26, 2019 4:34 AM

Jan 2009
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Tatsuya said:

Okay aaaaaaaaand?

My point is that this was dale being nice, had he wanted to he could have had the entire school wiped out.
Jul 26, 2019 4:50 AM

Jul 2014
Other than Dale's unexplained authority and status (isn't he just an average adventurer?), I have no qualms with the events of this episode, but it felt like the show flew through it all so quickly (not to mention how jarring it is to go from last episode to this one tonally).
Jul 26, 2019 7:24 AM

May 2010
that crazy ass bitch is possessed. complete nut!
Jul 26, 2019 8:29 AM

Jun 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
They skipped a lot of important content. Not sure why they rush, the manga is not even finished. The school teacher was a substitute for their regular teacher and there was an entire section about how the rainbow means the same thing for all races and how Latina was born under the protection of the rainbow. This is repeated ad nauseam in the source material but here is skipped. Then there is the whole thing about how magic attributes work and what attributes Dale has and what attributes Latina has. And there was the whole thing on how demon food is tasteless and how everyone except her parents told her she was bad before she met Dale. Not sure why they rush.

Tatsuya in the original Dale states he is high priest of the temple mentioned and uses his status to intimidate. Also he does not request the highest punishment rather than that that she does not teach anymore.

Thank you for that information.

That aside, I'm glad that her classmates stood up for her and that teacher got sacked, though I wanted an even harsher punishment to her for assaulting Latina.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jul 26, 2019 9:16 AM

Feb 2014
The infamous teacher scene is here. This one really mellowed the scene in comparision how heartbreaking it was in the manga and LN.
No one hurts Latina!! Must PROTECC!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 26, 2019 10:08 AM
Apr 2019
Talk about an emotional rollercoaster...this got dark fast.
Jul 26, 2019 11:50 AM

Feb 2007
Atavistic said:
Other than Dale's unexplained authority and status (isn't he just an average adventurer?)[...]

He's quite a bit more important than your average adventurer, although the anime did indeed decide to skip explaining that, among other details.
Jul 26, 2019 1:23 PM

Mar 2017
Groenboys said:
YOU CAN'T HIDE THAT ANIMATION ERROR FROM ME YOU SNEAKY FUCKS

Not an animation error, but a colouring one
Jul 26, 2019 1:49 PM
May 2019
God damn this episode sprinkled in some dark mood-whiplash. It was nice to actually dive further into the devil species and the potential racism that spawned form it...even if it tore my heart out seeing Latina completely devastated. Dale was completely savage though, following the past three episodes I never expected him to reach that point, I've regained respect for him.
Jul 26, 2019 3:35 PM
Jan 2018
Eu estava muito afim de entrar na tela do Computador e estrangular aquela put@, por ter torturado a Latina na frente dos alunos.
Jul 26, 2019 4:00 PM

Apr 2018
This how I looked like watching this episode

Jul 26, 2019 6:21 PM

Jul 2019
OMG - what a story line. I am impressed that handled such a sensitive subject heads on. As much as get's on my nerves - he handled that with so much finesse. Dale said not my daughter!!

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2019 8:45 PM
Aug 2017
Bruh im finna kill that bitch. Poor Latina, so innocent. Good episode but damn, Latina lost her horn once again.
Jul 26, 2019 9:54 PM

Sep 2011
Tatsuya said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Okay aaaaaaaaand?

My point is that this was dale being nice, had he wanted to he could have had the entire school wiped out.

Dale possibly being even harsher does not make this "Dale being nice"
Jul 26, 2019 10:09 PM

Dec 2018
Nice, Latina started to learn magic. I never realized how much I loved the background music for this show, its really whimsical and cute. The teacher was such a bitch. This was a pretty good episode.
Jul 27, 2019 3:56 AM

Apr 2018
Woah there that teacher would scare kids shitless if it was the real world and Latina's face after that was kind of dark too. Welp glad she got recovered
Jul 27, 2019 8:32 AM

Nov 2018
Dale is more scarier and powerful than i expected
Jul 27, 2019 8:49 AM

Oct 2017
That bitch seriously needs to die. Hating the demons is one thng but abusing an innocent little child and filling her brains with all those nonsense , she is the worst. Gd thing she got kicked out. Latina too precious , must protec her.
Jul 27, 2019 9:20 AM

Oct 2018
Omg that scene with her teacher at school almost made me cry, an 8-year-old child should never be treated like that. How dare that teacher talk shit about our precious Latina? Loved Papa Dale coming in and using his authority (which I honestly never knew he had) to deal with the situation. I was so sad to see her hurt herself in hopes of getting rid of the one thing that makes her different.

I was glad to see her friends and classmates stand up for her, children taught goddamn well.

~ These boys must be protected at all costs ~
Jul 27, 2019 10:32 AM

May 2018
Oh my god, that teacher messed up with the wrong kid. Seeing that woman treat Latina like that hurt my heart, and Latina pulls off her horn make it worse, but seeing angry dale with his full authority is just like... mmmhhhh smells of justice.

Well, just like what this series title said, Dale will do anything to keep the safety of his beloved daughter.
Jul 27, 2019 10:43 AM

Apr 2011
What a bitch lol. I'm glad she got what she deserved :P

5/5

Jul 28, 2019 6:58 AM
Jan 2016
Atavistic said:
Other than Dale's unexplained authority and status (isn't he just an average adventurer?).

Do you think an "average adventurer" would be buddies with the prince of a country? And that he could treat said prince so casually? Dale is a pretty serious big shot with a lot of power and influence if he chooses to use it.
Jul 28, 2019 8:28 AM

Jan 2018
ShuXiaokai said:
The plot is a bit rush. Latina has been treated unfairly. Too angry !!!!!

I also feel like the plot is moving way too fast at it's pace. maybe because the chapters in the manga are low or there's just a lot of source material from the light novel
Jul 28, 2019 1:23 PM

Dec 2014
latina going to school and gets discriminated...hmmm
Jul 28, 2019 4:31 PM

Aug 2018
Well damn! We actually got some drama this week. Still over all this show is just as cute as can be.
Jul 29, 2019 6:05 AM

Jan 2019
I wanted to see a sugar sweet show with cute latina...

and then I got shocked by the teacher...
even more shocked by latina herself breaking her own horn. Sad, that this horn is gone...

... and finally scared by dale. Never ever I want him on my bad side. He is really not as harmless as he looks alike!
Jul 30, 2019 6:25 PM

Mar 2015
Sometimes when you are in a funk it takes a good friend who will smack you to snap you out of it :)
The sword that takes life gives life
Jul 31, 2019 6:27 AM

Jun 2010
I think Dale was too nice to the teacher. She deserved something much worse for what she did to Latina.
Jul 31, 2019 6:47 PM

Nov 2009
Sry, but I am dropping this series...

Not only is Latina's horn not going to come back.

The "greatest possible punishement" was literally just her getting fired... WTF

I expected her getting tortured, re-educated and exiled from the entire country. (It's what most IRL countries do)...

not... oh, you got fired from your job, LUL.

Latina's horn is pretty much the equivalent of your ears, since it BLEEDS. Meaning there's a lot of nerves connected to it.

And Dale... even tho he attempted to get "revenge" is still pretty much hypocrisy since he STILL thinks Demons are the evil ones... since he mentioned Latina hurt herself because he never told Latina about why Humans and Demons hate each other or teaching her magic. This means Dale himself knows Humans WILL be racist against Demons regardless and teaching demons magic is wrong even tho magic spell is literally based on the Demon's language... Nice dude, it's like you're stealing someone's IP and claiming it as your own while saying the original IP is a fake. (o wait, that's what Communists do)
amlgJul 31, 2019 6:52 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 31, 2019 11:07 PM

Mar 2018
This story deserves a better anime. LN was a very interesting read, was fun through out the 8 volumes. The manga had an art style that perfectly reflected latina's cuteness and airhead nature. So.. the fuck happened with the anime? Skipped too much and unfortunately does not have good animations or directions. I really hoped the anime was longer as well, 12 ep is too short for it.
Jul 31, 2019 11:18 PM

Mar 2018
amlg said:

And Dale... even tho he attempted to get "revenge" is still pretty much hypocrisy since he STILL thinks Demons are the evil ones... since he mentioned Latina hurt herself because he never told Latina about why Humans and Demons hate each other or teaching her magic. This means Dale himself knows Humans WILL be racist against Demons regardless and teaching demons magic is wrong even tho magic spell is literally based on the Demon's language... Nice dude, it's like you're stealing someone's IP and claiming it as your own while saying the original IP is a fake. (o wait, that's what Communists do)

Demons and devils are two different things. Devils is a race (Latina's) and demons are creatures (devils, humans, etc) who follow a demon lord and then becomes demons.

Devils don't interact with humans due to cultural reasons iirc from LN. Certain demon lords are evil and create chaos that also affects the human race. Which is why Dale occasionally goes on quests to deal with demons(demon lord's subordinates).

Also where did you get teaching magic is wrong from? If Dale never taught Latina offensive magic then she can't break off her horn easily or at all. It was never stated that teaching magic is wrong.
Aug 1, 2019 5:23 AM
Aug 2014
That woman lost everything, she likely has PTSD, and had an episode in the most unfortunate place. Thanks to that, she's lost her livelihood and direction in life. She's the one I sympathize the most with. I won't excuse what she did, but she didn't do it because she's an awful person.

Also, Dale kills people for a living and calls it being an "adventurer."

Feeling conflicted.
Aug 1, 2019 5:27 AM
Aug 2014
amlg said:
The "greatest possible punishement" was literally just her getting fired... WTF

I expected her getting tortured, re-educated and exiled from the entire country. (It's what most IRL countries do)...

Why did you expect that? Would you have done that? What is the point of "re-education" if you're going to exile someone anyway?

Do you often kick people while they're down? See my other post for additional info.
Aug 1, 2019 5:28 AM
Aug 2014
Tigerle said:

... and finally scared by dale. Never ever I want him on my bad side. He is really not as harmless as he looks alike!

He started this episode by going on a murder mission.
Aug 1, 2019 5:30 AM
Aug 2014
MegamiRem said:
That bitch seriously needs to die. Hating the demons is one thng but abusing an innocent little child and filling her brains with all those nonsense , she is the worst. Gd thing she got kicked out. Latina too precious , must protec her.

I almost guarantee you she wants to die, but most people who want to die keep moving forward the best they can. People can live with tremendous trauma without ending themselves.
Aug 1, 2019 7:38 AM

Oct 2017
JJH_ said:
I almost guarantee you she wants to die, but most people who want to die keep moving forward the best they can. People can live with tremendous trauma without ending themselves.

Hey i didnt mean it like that lol. I mean sure she has reasons to hate the demons but taking her rage out on a innocent little kid is just so wrong.
Aug 1, 2019 9:21 AM

Jan 2019
JJH_ said:
Tigerle said:

He started this episode by going on a murder mission.

I realized it. But when he is going on a murder mission (There are even two until now), he fought effectively with the might of one man (himself)
But in his discussion with the head of this temple, it is obvious, that he can use the might of the entire nation. And that he is willing to use this might in his wrath. This is really intimidating!
Aug 2, 2019 6:06 PM
Mar 2012
wow that terrible teacher's brain is trembling, real anger inducing, but her friends were great.
The racial & human supremacy themes are rising, and Latina & Dale recognizing the lifespan difference pushing her maturity.
Nice for once an mc uses fame & status, and it's super effective.
Interested in seeing more Dale's royalty friends, Sylvia & the west side.
Aug 2, 2019 10:23 PM

May 2018
What an emotional episode. Im glad to see how Dale reacted and kicked out the bully teacher. Didn't expect Latina to remove the horns, it looks like suicide no matter how you look at it. Also the scene where the two kids hug it makes me cry a little.

Aug 3, 2019 9:36 AM

Jun 2013
I much prefer Dale when he's serious. When he's obsessing and crying over Latina like some pedo on the down low in an attempt to be "funny," it's just downright annoying and he deserves to get punched.

Another person who deserves to get punched was that teacher that lost her fucking shit and starting holding Latina from her ponytail/horn. I understand that her family was wiped out by devils but Latina is not one of them.

It was an okay episode overall.
臭い-
Aug 13, 2019 10:50 AM

Jul 2019
So the girl can use magic? Healing magic at least. Time for school, a pretty big fucking school too. I thought this was a smaller town. It's literally like a modern day school, it doesn't fit the setting of the show at all. All of the kids are okay with ラティナ being a 魔神族, but the teacher is different, she has a deep hatred for them. Honestly she's the only interesting character thus for in the anime, everyone else is utterly boring. The teacher convinces her she's an abomination and she tries to rip off her horns. Things are starting to get interesting. I was on the verge of dropping this, but maybe it's going to take a turn for the better? デイル convinces her she's fine the way she is and gets the teacher fired. Well there goes that, back to boring slice of life garbage. I'll give it one more episode to see if the teacher makes a return. Also did her ribbon turn from red to yellow at one point or was that just me?
Aug 18, 2019 4:13 AM

Jan 2013
The teacher scene and aftermath was so difficult to watch! Considering she's barely 7 (3.5) years old it feels even worse that she did permanent damage to her body. I'd worry if it'll be something her older self would have wished to still have maybe 100 years form now. I'm assuming they don't grow back to full considering removing one is used as a punishment when exiling. On the flip side having both horns removed might be seen as culturally less bad than just having one do to that. It'll also be easier for her to put on shirts and get in dresses without worries of getting things stuck on her horn or possibly ripping them! Hats have become an option.

Latina is pretty tiny, I wonder if that's due to the slower aging or from malnutrition after getting exiled.

I don't know the political situation in the world but seeing Dale kill that group without question nor giving the demon leader a chance to speak makes me feel so uncomfortable towards my view of him. Latina and her father give me hope that not all of their race are bad & while I think Dale knows that, his ability to kill on order is troubling.
Mica-Chan10Aug 18, 2019 4:19 AM
Sep 9, 2019 12:04 AM

Apr 2016
I had a spit take when that guy whipped out a modern guitar at the end
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2019

116 by Ara-Ara_Oneesan »»
Apr 8, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2019

86 by woozittle »»
Feb 11, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

43 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 24, 2023 6:22 PM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2019

34 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 22, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2019

44 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 19, 2023 4:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.