Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2019 7:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, Takuya sure made his decision. I mean, doing anything to protect Kana is admirable even if it means putting his world at stake.

That got sexy sad. More secrets revealed this arc.
Stark700Jul 23, 2019 8:36 AM
Jul 23, 2019 9:00 AM

Dec 2013
So we'll be heading off to a different universe next episode as Takuya searches for a way to save Kanna... Really interesting, can't wait to see how different it is.

Kanna is confirmed legal having to ensure so many years of pain is really heart-wrenching to think about, I really have a soft spot for her.

Can't wait for next week.
Jul 23, 2019 9:51 AM
Jan 2018
Must protect Kanna.. hyped up for the next episode.
Jul 23, 2019 10:26 AM

Aug 2013
So Takuya's father is in another universe, Dela Granto, and Takuya went there in order to save Kanna.

Looking forward to next week's episode.

Jul 23, 2019 10:33 AM
Jul 23, 2019 10:41 AM
Feb 2009
off to Dela Granto next week
Jul 23, 2019 11:31 AM

Feb 2019
If Kodai and his wife were raising Kanna as if she were there daughter, and we obviously saw her playing around with Takuya, then why the hell did they just let her go off on her own, while paying her living expenses? Why didn't they continue raising her as Takuya's sister?

Also, right after Kanna told Takuya how happy she was to form a connection with his parents that didn't involve sex, she basically demanded that he have sex with her to prove that he thought of her as a friend/family...that makes no damn sense at all.

I figured the jewels in the reflector device were psychite and thought that Kanna's jewel was the last of them. Why the hell did Kanna wait until she was on her death bed to tell Takuya what Kodai asked her to tell him, the location of the last jewel?

Also, I hate it in anime, when the character moves their lips to say something and they don't let us hear it. That's an annoying trope. You may as well just cut to black before they even move their lips.

so the second cour will only be 9 episodes long...or basically half the length of the first cour? That's kind of weird.
HOOfan_1Jul 23, 2019 11:34 AM
Jul 23, 2019 12:12 PM

Jul 2016
it seems that the next weeks episode will be a recap https://myanimelist.net/anime/40157/Kono_Yo_no_Hate_de_Koi_wo_Utau_Shoujo_YU-NO
Jul 23, 2019 12:36 PM

Aug 2013
ISEKAI TIME
actually glad I keep sticking to this show since the story really interesting
Jul 23, 2019 2:02 PM
Jan 2019
Tremendous episode! One of my favorite episodes so far. I think we saw that sad and more dramatic touch than usual in this anime again.
Kanna's story seemed really sad, she lived a long time without her mother and survived working in one of the worst ways that exists. Until Professor Arima and his wife Keiko welcomed her as part of their family. Takuya's father turned out to be a better man than I thought. But then both left for the other dimension and Kanna was alone again 😟, in a world to which she does not belong. Why didn't Professor Arima take her with him?
I was very happy when Takuya encouraged Kanna with his words, saying things like "You are not alone", "You are precious to me", "Come live with me". That boy fills me with pride, he has earned my respect and admiration for a long time. Too bad that the moment of happiness did not last long, Kanna's pendant broke. I feel it is impossible, but I hope that Takuya gets the "Psychite" on time and can save Kanna. She deserves a happy ending. Please do not take away one of my favorite characters from this series 😢.
Anyway, new questions are born through the revelations that Kanna gave in this episode and the biggest of all was: Dela Granto, from the other dimension. I am excited for Takuya's arrival in the other world, what new mysteries await him.

Psdt: 1. "As long as you do not die, there is hope. And as long as there is hope, there is possibility. As long as there is possibility you must continue living," phrases to remember.
2. I was shocked when Kanna undressed in front of Takuya. I would have liked that he won't last to hug her.
3.Mio, it's great. I liked it when she encouraged Takuya.
4. "Girls are strange beings. Sometimes they love you, but they act cold deliberately." Mio is right, hahaha.
Jul 23, 2019 2:22 PM

Feb 2019
Since Yu-no recognized Takuya in her brief 30 second appearance, what's the chance Takuya is the king in Dela Granto? Maybe his mom was royalty and he inherited it through her
Jul 23, 2019 2:28 PM

Aug 2013
HOOfan_1 said:
? Maybe his mom was royalty and he inherited it through her

You will be really surprised when you see who is the actual ruler of that another world.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 23, 2019 2:44 PM

Oct 2012
Hmmmpf...

While the episode itself was mostly fine, they completely destroyed Kanna's own route by not taking her backstory to the complete end. Yes, that means Takuya accepting her body even though it's filthy from her previous life. That's not something he would be able to go around by words only.

Also, the rush again, in the game, Ryuuzouji took the clock away even before the first day of his reset ever happened, that's why he needed to go back before that time and grab it before he ever got there. And don't let me started with Eriko needlessly changing into her costume again, that was not really needed.

The ending itself was rush itself and they made it seem like he's all doing it all just for Kanna which was not the case. Really want to see how they manage NOT to rush everything now.
Jul 23, 2019 6:30 PM

Aug 2018
Aight, that was a major advancement in the main plot ! We're going to another dimension, this will be the first time that Takuya does the process instead of being a "victim" of the process.

They could have spent a bit more time on Kanna's story, I have the feeling the only necessary things were revealed but not everything that was available to learn.
Jul 23, 2019 6:55 PM

Mar 2016
So we’re finally gonna get to somewhere where people call it “Yu-NO greatness”....dunno if it’ll be greatness, as the dullness has already for the majority of the show up to this point.

At least it makes for an interesting new thread.
Jul 23, 2019 8:39 PM

May 2017
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
ycleped said:

You're still wrong. You'll see soon. She has "a stone", but it doesn't mean that it's the last jewel.
Yeah yeah, Ur jaz making excuse cu'z you can't amid that ur wrong. hehehehe

Who's wrong now? :^)
Jul 23, 2019 8:41 PM
Jul 2019
HOOfan_1 said:
If Kodai and his wife were raising Kanna as if she were there daughter, and we obviously saw her playing around with Takuya, then why the hell did they just let her go off on her own, while paying her living expenses? Why didn't they continue raising her as Takuya's sister?

Also, right after Kanna told Takuya how happy she was to form a connection with his parents that didn't involve sex, she basically demanded that he have sex with her to prove that he thought of her as a friend/family...that makes no damn sense at all.

I figured the jewels in the reflector device were psychite and thought that Kanna's jewel was the last of them. Why the hell did Kanna wait until she was on her death bed to tell Takuya what Kodai asked her to tell him, the location of the last jewel?

Also, I hate it in anime, when the character moves their lips to say something and they don't let us hear it. That's an annoying trope. You may as well just cut to black before they even move their lips.

so the second cour will only be 9 episodes long...or basically half the length of the first cour? That's kind of weird.

i think she did the prostitution before meet takuya's father, thats why after meet takuya's father she get money from takuya's father. if you ask why he stil do prostitution, ithink its wrong, it obviusly she get blackmailed. thats why in this episode oldman (stalker who go hotel with kana) reveal photo to her school because thats why if she refuse he will reveal to her school and she have to leave
Jul 23, 2019 8:49 PM

Feb 2019
johnfantau said:

i think she did the prostitution before meet takuya's father, thats why after meet takuya's father she get money from takuya's father. if you ask why he stil do prostitution, ithink its wrong, it obviusly she get blackmailed. thats why in this episode oldman (stalker who go hotel with kana) reveal photo to her school because thats why if she refuse he will reveal to her school and she have to leave

You misunderstood my point.

Kodai and his wife took Kanna in and treated her like a daughter. If that is the case, then Takuya should have been raised beside her and treated her like a sister.

Instead some time after Takuya was born, but before Kodai went missing, Kanna left Kodai's house. Instead of living with him and Takuya, Kodai instead paid her living expenses.

HOOfan_1Jul 24, 2019 4:51 AM
Jul 24, 2019 12:39 AM

Jul 2017
So the reflector device that Takuya got from his dad wasn't supposed to exist in the current world, but instead passed on from another world to help Dr. Arima find his wife and Kanna's mum.

If I could make an observation about Kanna's backstory, it seems very rushed, without any adherent thought for the sequence of events.

Probably the episode that had me up in questions even further about Kanna's origins, and to solve that, looks like we're off to Dela Granto, the 2nd cour then. Off to isekai land we go.
Jul 24, 2019 12:41 AM

Dec 2018
[quote=HOOfan_1 message=58026781]
johnfantau said:
HOOfan_1 said:

Kodai and his wife took Kanna in and treated her like a daughter. If that is the case, then Takuya should have been raised beside her and treated her like a sister.

Instead some time after Takuya was born, but before Kodai went missing, Kanna left Kodai's house. Instead of living with him and Takuya, Kodai instead paid her living expenses.

I think after Keiko(Takuya's mother) left the family and went to Dela Grato, Kodai must have decided that he can't take care of two children
or
Because Kanna doesn't age, her being with a scientist could pose major issues, like the government recognizing and experimenting on her and getting Kodai to tell how Kanna doesn't age. Kodai and Keiko adopting Kanna was basically suicide.
Jul 24, 2019 5:22 AM

Feb 2019
rsc-pl said:
HOOfan_1 said:
? Maybe his mom was royalty and he inherited it through her

You will be really surprised when you see who is the actual ruler of that another world.

If the masked person in the new key visual is the king.... going by the hair

Jul 24, 2019 10:54 AM

May 2018
ycleped said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Yeah yeah, Ur jaz making excuse cu'z you can't amid that ur wrong. hehehehe

Who's wrong now? :^)
Ok, wrong a I am, so enjoy your moment of victory, JADB.
JiangHaoyi1979Jul 24, 2019 11:48 AM
Jul 24, 2019 11:38 AM

Jan 2016
finally the other world thing is actually in the show at 17 episodes lol. I wonder what Takuya will find there.
Jul 24, 2019 6:59 PM
Jul 2019
HOOfan_1 said:
rsc-pl said:

If the masked person in the new key visual is the king.... going by the hair

I've experienced the hentai version... tremendous,
Katsuki98Jul 24, 2019 7:03 PM
Jul 24, 2019 9:23 PM
Jun 2019
[quote=Shotttooo00_0000 message=58027494]
HOOfan_1 said:
johnfantau said:

I think after Keiko(Takuya's mother) left the family and went to Dela Grato, Kodai must have decided that he can't take care of two children
or
Because Kanna doesn't age, her being with a scientist could pose major issues, like the government recognizing and experimenting on her and getting Kodai to tell how Kanna doesn't age. Kodai and Keiko adopting Kanna was basically suicide.

this is the most logical reason so far.. I do confuse how Takuya forget about Kanna in first place but getting some sense that Dr. Kodai and Keiko (Takuya's mom) are taking care of Kanna before Takuya was born, but probably not as a real family which live in the same building.. so after Keiko went back to Dela Granto, Dr. Kodai still taking care of Kanna with his monthly transfer but raise only Takuya in house.. I think that's why Takuya isn't remembering Kanna chan clearly right..? While the reason why Dr. Kodai didn't taking care of Kanna in the same house probably because at first he did not want Takuya to be involved in this Yu-No and Dela Granto and all those other worldly things...

Although the anime might not be better than the light novel, but still this show is a bit underrated.. I myself honestly almost left it at the middle of the first cour, but the more episode I watch the more mysterious it gets and that somehow attract me to be eagering for next episode...
But the early episodes does seemed odd and weak in some way for those who did not read the light novel...
Jul 25, 2019 3:05 AM

May 2018
Okay, finally they decided to tell everything about the story because it was confusing. This episode is good as we get more informations and revelations. Looking forward to this new dimension.

Jul 25, 2019 4:54 AM

Oct 2008
oh man! Kanna Hatana is already defiled!
that punch was so satisfying!
LOLZ it looks like Eriko-sensei is gonna punish that stalker old man user her bdsm moves! hahaha!
4/5.

Jul 25, 2019 10:03 PM

May 2015
Takuya, the one who always press the time device when it comes to a difficult situation, didn't press it this time and he happened to press it right after the pendant breaks.
Oh look. The pendant represented Hana's life. Now she has to tell me everything so the story can finally make some progress. How convenient.
Jul 26, 2019 2:22 AM
Jan 2018
papsoshea said:
Are you kidding me? LOL, what the fcuk, so it is basically fantasy waifuland time in this other universe that Takuya is heading to?

Oh

My

God
You're implying as if that's a bad thing. Many fans think that which now follows is the mind-blowing part, and is alluded to in the final panel of this God Hand edit that has been circulating in 4chan for a few years now:

(Second panel is a reference to this gag that didn't make it to the anime)
Jul 26, 2019 3:10 PM

Jul 2012
dont spoil me. i'm on episode 5-ish

is this show worth watching?
Jul 27, 2019 3:27 AM

May 2016
I love when everything change as it will happen in the next episode
Jul 27, 2019 9:39 PM

Nov 2017
Mayuka said:

Not really.. it just re zero that SUbaru doesnt need die to fix everything
Now Loading.....
Jul 27, 2019 9:40 PM

Nov 2017
- so that blue haired girl was really a slut
- A father that leave his dimension(and his son) to fuck his wife more longer
Now Loading.....
Jul 28, 2019 11:45 PM

Jul 2012
bondtux said:
Mayuka said:

Not really.. it just re zero that SUbaru doesnt need die to fix everything
thanks! not gonna watch it then
Jul 29, 2019 2:35 AM

Jul 2015
Kanna being petite milf confirmed.
Maybe finally main girl will finally appear, excluding cameo in first episode of course.

Jul 29, 2019 1:02 PM

May 2017
Mayuka said:

It's definitely worth watching for the second cour alone, which is about to start. I can honestly recommend you DO watch the rest of this.
Jul 30, 2019 12:14 AM

Nov 2011
No new episode this week.
Jul 30, 2019 1:28 PM

Aug 2016
papsoshea said:
Are you kidding me? LOL, what the fcuk, so it is basically fantasy waifuland time in this other universe that Takuya is heading to?

Oh

My

God

Hahhahaha you saw some kind of elf girl appearing out of f*cking nowhere on first episode, dont act as if you didnt expect something like that. Beside. It being an isekai is not the big surprise but how it relates to our World.
MichaelJacksonJul 30, 2019 1:32 PM
:v
Jul 30, 2019 6:36 PM

Jul 2014
It's Chekhov's elf.
Jul 30, 2019 11:47 PM

Aug 2016
papsoshea said:
MichaelJackson said:

Hahhahaha you saw some kind of elf girl appearing out of f*cking nowhere on first episode, dont act as if you didnt expect something like that. Beside. It being an isekai is not the big surprise but how it relates to our World.
What? Nothing here relates to our world - besides, showing elves doesn't mean actually changing this series into something completely different. This is like Steins;Gate turning into The Rising of the Shield Hero. I actually thought those elves were some demi-gods that control time-space back in the first few episodes. This shit is way out the gate.

Kind of close. Its more like steins gate existing because of shield hero. Details will be given in the upcoming episodes.
:v
Aug 8, 2019 1:25 AM

Mar 2009
Sokah said:
It's Chekhov's elf.

This made me laugh.

Nov 16, 2019 12:10 PM

Jul 2015
Takuya finally has all the pearls for his infinite gauntlet...erhmm I mean for his parallel universe travel device

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2019

137 by RepeaterSiroop »»
Feb 16, 12:25 PM

» About Hatano Kanna (Spoilers)

ginchan789 - Apr 10, 2019

42 by RyuuanLinke »»
Feb 7, 11:09 AM

» This anime is underrated

saikyozero - Apr 1, 2023

8 by ShivamLH »»
Jan 18, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

87 by Ara-Ara_Oneesan »»
Jan 13, 2:27 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2019

245 by alana_alexander »»
May 31, 2023 5:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.