Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 22, 2019 2:46 PM

Aug 2017
Yue really likes Hajime's blood lol. It's certainly getting better at least.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 22, 2019 3:08 PM

Jan 2009
Ventus_S said:
Another episode of horrendous and hilarious CGI.

People who said animation is good need to get their eyes checked or stop watching only the bad anime.

Compared to kenja na mago, it's a masterpiece of design.

Personally i'm fond of the show, after the atrocious first episode they seem to be fixing it's major problems in ep 1.
Rizki_Diablo said:
what i hate from this episode
1. kaori side. damn, we don't need it if they only want us to see kouki status in 2 minutes
2. yue expression when she got infected by that plant monster is funny but wrong situation and wrong joke unless it is konosuba
3. since when yue souen (blue flame) magic become physical type rather than flame type? if it is flame magic then it should "burn it" not "punch it" unless souen magic have same effect like fire punch
4. hajime face when he said he will kill and eat that scorpion is monotone from voice side or face expression. i think he should be like accelerator from the last minutes of episode 2 if the team really want hajime be badass

1. they kind of have to do this, to set up a few things later, though most of them could be background characters, kaori, ninja girl (forget her name) and kouki do have important roles to play.
2. Eh, to each their own, can see why it would bother you though.
3. It's energetic pressure pushing down on it and immobilizing it, hence "punch it".
4. While he is meant to come off as a badass, he's more supposed to come off as a "i don't give a damn about x" kind of character.

Just my two cents on your post.
Jul 22, 2019 3:17 PM
Jun 2019
A lot of posts are saying how the CGI is trash, but I think the CGI looks fine as its giving some depth to the fights (though the fights could look better and have a bit more action). I don’t watch a lot of anime that have CGI, so that may be a reason for me liking it. Also I liked how the story was primarily between the MC and Yue because I don’t like it when it switches from them to the class. In my opinion if your going to switch between the two don’t switch too much in an episode or else it removes the consistency of each other’s story/plot. Either split half the episode of MC and Yue and the class, have one episode dedicated to one of them, or do what this episode did and have a small scene of that. I personally want to read the light novel/ manga but I want to hear y’all a opinion if it’s worth my time.
Jul 22, 2019 4:26 PM

Jan 2008
Every time I watch this I feel like cgi is regressing to ps1 days.

Yue is our only saving grace, aside from the weird ass face they gave her for that one scene.
Jul 22, 2019 4:39 PM

Jan 2011
This show is becoming a mess.

Yue is boring but also really creppy. That one scence with her and Hajime was fucking creppy.

The planet monster looks like a bootleg pokemon.

The CGI lobster was fucking bad.

no wonder the author was fucking piss.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 22, 2019 4:55 PM
Nov 2018
I liked it. Reading the Manga right now. Seems like this covered chapter 8-11 pretty faithfully. Other than the terrible CGI this episode gave my hope for the remainder of the series. If only the first two episodes weren't awful. On a side note this soundtrack is really great. There isn't enough Jazz and Swing in Anime.
Jul 22, 2019 5:20 PM
May 2019
Aside from the terrible cg, it was a decent episode. I'm still hoping this anime can find it's footing before it's labled as a dumpster fire and nothing more.
Jul 22, 2019 6:21 PM
Nov 2016
Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling after watching 3 episodes that the creator combined Rosario Vampire, Rising of the Shield Hero, and That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime?
Jul 22, 2019 6:34 PM
May 2017
The CGI was fucking awful, it's like Madhouse level of bad, I legit have to look somewhere else when the fight starts.

Jul 22, 2019 6:35 PM
Jul 2019
Haaaiiii!! Are there still hope for this anime? Cause for me its still lack of actions!!!! Damn it!x
Jul 22, 2019 6:43 PM
Jan 2019
Well, what can I say ?. Good episode, it is improving, but at a slow pace ... I would like the animation to improve too 😅.
Yue,she is crazy (͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡ °) ... Take out the fangs every five minutes, LOL 😂.
Jul 22, 2019 6:51 PM

Dec 2016
nice, more bad cgi to laugh at. I'm getting overlord and berserk vibes from watching it
This was somewhat a decent episode.
LazyChaserJul 22, 2019 6:57 PM
Jul 22, 2019 7:05 PM

Mar 2016
I think I could watch this at least to have something to laugh at but God that CGI was awful, can't feel anything for this Kaneki rip off. I'm getting down here, enjoy the rest of the ride lads.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 22, 2019 7:15 PM

Oct 2012

no spoilers please. some of us haven't read the story.
Jul 22, 2019 7:24 PM

Jun 2010
I still don't understand why they talk so bad about this anime. The episodes have been quite decent.
Jul 22, 2019 7:41 PM

Feb 2009
LordofEcchi said:
Now i know how the megane guy in A Sister all you need feel about his adaptation lmaooo

I though the same thing in the first 10 seconds of episode 1. It is as if the author is witnesing how some is dismembering his son, and he cannot do a thing to prevent it.
Jul 22, 2019 7:54 PM
Feb 2015
i don't understand, why they change the arrange events and change thing like he actually give her his coat in novel instead of bearskin...
Jul 22, 2019 8:02 PM

Feb 2017
WaifuMaster17 said:
It's was good and fun episode. I am glad that Hajime ain't some p*ssy like generic harem protagonist. I like this guy,lol. Mai waifu Yue is developing good for now. Honestly,what's wrong with CGI animation? It's looks okay to me,nothing to complain about.

couldn't say better .

frankly out of shitton summer animes , I get a feeling I wouldn't drop Arifureta
Jul 22, 2019 9:24 PM
Apr 2019
Mythologically said:
If this is a horrible adaptation, the LN must be the best thing ever made by humans

Not the best out there, but still one of the better isekai. Actually, this is one of my favorite novels.

Mythologically said:
bitchassdarius said:

can you explain to me how starting off the episode with hajime freshly wounded and not showing how he was wounded, but then cutting immediately to a flashback of inciting incident that happened 5 seconds prior to the start of the episode was more beneficial to the narrative than showing the events sequentially?

if you're talking about the start of this episode, he got hit with those spikes at the end of episode 2 you clown

That's not what bitchassdarius talking about. What he/she means is that why they make a flashback if they can just make in order. But, I guess the reason is because the episode started with a cliffhanger from the previous episode.

redwhitenblue said:
Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling after watching 3 episodes that the creator combined Rosario Vampire, Rising of the Shield Hero, and That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime?

Please, tell me which part of these 3 episodes that is similiar to Rosario+Vampire (aside from the heroines being vampire. But there another anime out there with a vampire heroine too). It's similiar to Shield Hero and the Slime because they are isekai. Other than that, both MCs from Arifureta and Shield Hero are betrayed (but the betrayals are different too. One of Hajime's classmates tried to kill him because of jealousy while Naofumi is accused of crime by a certain bitch princess).

seikanyuuki said:
I still don't understand why they talk so bad about this anime. The episodes have been quite decent.

They aren't talking about the story, they are talking about the CGI. Those who said the story is bad are people who aren't fond of isekai anime.

As for me, I think this an improvement from the previous two episodes. Even though the CGI is still bad, it's better to watch now. I lost my hope on this anime when the first episode aired, but the latest two episodes prove that this anime can be improved.

I don't like how they show the scene of Hajime's classmates because they are unimportant. The only important parts of them that should be seen in this anime is Kaori's scenes (and maybe Shizuku's), their encounter with the emperor in Hoelscher Empire (or maybe not), and the scene before the reunion at Ur.

Fortunately, the didn't skip the bonding time between Hajime and Yue. It's good that they show the funny scenes where Yue keep sucking Hajime's blood. I'm surprised by Yue's expression when the dyrad/aruraune take control of her. I hate the cliffhanger, but I guess that because the next episode is the end of the current arc. I look forward to the final boss and hopefully, they will show us some scenes of Hajime and Yue in Oscar Orcus's room (or as Yue said, Hajime's and her's love nest).
GSFTJul 22, 2019 9:28 PM
Jul 22, 2019 9:39 PM
Jul 2014
This has probably being pointed out already, but it's clear whoever made this is a huge Devil May Cry fan.

Not complaining since originality in anime seems rare these days, but it's so clear.
Jul 22, 2019 10:06 PM

Jul 2014
Ah, the classic 300-year-old thing that makes any loli legal, well done.

Yue best girl, she makes this show 1000 times better, where can I find my own vampire loli? :'(

Anyway, without being a great show, after that chaotic introduction the anime is being entertaining.
SkyLETVJul 23, 2019 10:32 AM
Jul 22, 2019 10:30 PM
Oct 2017
Pretty boring and predictable.
The fight against the crab was very bad, inconsistent and with a horrific CGI. The music during the fights felt very out of context, as if it didn't fit.
Hajime in the first 2 episodes wanted to take revenge on the one who betrayed him, but now he says he doesn't want revenge...nani?
Jul 22, 2019 10:56 PM

Aug 2016
Kxrumi said:
Pretty boring and predictable.
The fight against the crab was very bad, inconsistent and with a horrific CGI. The music during the fights felt very out of context, as if it didn't fit.
Hajime in the first 2 episodes wanted to take revenge on the one who betrayed him, but now he says he doesn't want revenge...nani?

From which lines did he say he wanted revenge? Please do tell. He only said he wanted to survive and go home back to Japan after he killed the claw bear, he never mentioned about revenge.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2019 11:47 PM

Apr 2018
The CG is pretty much the culmination of everything holding this show back. The sloppy directing at the start seems to be getting better, we generally have an idea of what's going on. The animation for the characters themselves aren't that bad and honestly Yue and Hajime as a team have decent chemistry.

The use of CG just feels like a shortcut to save on animation. Things from the weapons, to projectiles and even some of the FX put right next to the actual animated characters is so jarring. Even Yue's Azure Blaze was animated yet the grenade explosion was clearly a rendered effect. This show honestly wouldn't even be that bad if they removed or at least used the CG more moderately.

Otherwise though this episode was alright.

    I'm not lazy...
      I'm just very unproductive.

Jul 23, 2019 12:05 AM

Aug 2012
Solid episode. A few issues though: we did not get to see upgrades from the crab thing and the ogres and couldn't the princess make clothes with magic? Also is not really explained properly why the plant thing did not affect MC
Jul 23, 2019 12:25 AM
Apr 2019
first episode was just a fluke, it's still an awesome anime and keeps getting better
Jul 23, 2019 12:49 AM

Jul 2011
Yue were cute :3 other than that, please... no more those horrible CGI monsters.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jul 23, 2019 1:14 AM
Apr 2009
modboy said:

no spoilers please. some of us haven't read the story.

Sorry.
Not sure which one seemed like a spoiler, tho. Since pretty much all I said were things we already know from the preview and a little thinking ahead from the information we have.
Jul 23, 2019 1:19 AM

Oct 2017
Well we got a kawaii loli if nthng else. The fight animation was still meh but really loved Yue and her bites.
Jul 23, 2019 1:31 AM

Aug 2013
they were attacked by bad cg
Jul 23, 2019 2:05 AM

Mar 2014
This anime has been quite trash compare to the expectations it had at the start.

Also no, even if the LN or heck manga is suppose to be better, if its anything like what the anime is showing I'll will stick with my Overlord and Reincarnated as a Slime both of which are better.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 23, 2019 2:57 AM

Apr 2019
Terrible CGI but I like this episode.
Jul 23, 2019 3:24 AM

Jun 2016
bad cgi

but not bad YUE !!!!

that sufficient enough for me !
Jul 23, 2019 4:02 AM

Jun 2017
I'm still hoping a lot for this anime, but meh, what a terrible CGI Episode. The only good thing about this episode was Yue's antics, the scorpion fight, that I had a lot of expectation for was meh.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jul 23, 2019 4:02 AM
Jan 2018
hes not after revenge ... well that shuts up the people claiming hes the same as shield bro.

the CG crab was funny lol

and YUE is thirsty lol
Jul 23, 2019 4:42 AM
Mar 2018
This is garbage...
Jul 23, 2019 4:43 AM

Oct 2017
This CGI looks awful...
Jul 23, 2019 5:20 AM

Jun 2017
Yue is carrying this hard so far.

Also..did I miss something? Why did she have to get naked to suck blood? Or did they smash there?

I didn't understand her being angry either..she said she is immortal. Should have been fine if Hajime shoots her either way but he was cool and went for the flower on her head instead.

As for Hajime I was surprised he just wants to get home. I would definitely murder the one who betrayed me..then go home xD.

Easily the best episode so far.
Jul 23, 2019 5:32 AM

Jul 2017
This episode is a step up, even if the jarring CGI is used to cut on animation costs at the expense of quality.

Good bonding time between Hajime and Yue, exposing her eating habits, through food and Hajime's fresh blood.

Honestly, the other classmates can just go ahead and have their own adventures, this is just Hajime's alone.
Jul 23, 2019 5:56 AM
Nov 2018
Yue is fckin adorable when sucking blood 😍.. Btw great Ep. If it'll continue this way I'll be happy.
Jul 23, 2019 6:23 AM

Aug 2018
It was ok. I can survive the CGI but something that really surprised me... the music used during both fights. For real, this show has something dark, at least its atmosphere but with the songs displayed, it felt as if I was in a sort of high school comedy.

Yue did not leave me such a great impression, I'm quite disappointed.
Jul 23, 2019 7:14 AM

Feb 2016
WaifuMaster17 said:
It's was good and fun episode. I am glad that Hajime ain't some p*ssy like generic harem protagonist. I like this guy,lol. Mai waifu Yue is developing good for now. Honestly,what's wrong with CGI animation? It's looks okay to me,nothing to complain about.

+1 This anime is getting better and better. Good pacing. I like it because of the journey of the duo and I like it how Hajime is adaptively making weapons from rock. That's cool. Also, Yue is pretty going.
Jul 23, 2019 7:34 AM
Apr 2018
The part where Hajime initially hesitated to shoot was comedy gold.Yue is pretty much immortal so there was no tension in that scene.
Jul 23, 2019 8:20 AM
Sep 2018
I want to find something good and decent in this anime adaptation. the soundtrack a disgust the scenarios the same a waste
Jul 23, 2019 8:21 AM

Jan 2018
SkyLETV said:
Ah, the classic 300-year-old thing that makes any loli legal, well done.

Yue best girl, she makes this show 1000 times better, where can I find my own vampire loli? :'(

Anyway, without being a great show, after that chaotic introduction the anime is being entertaining.

imagine getting "eaten" by her damn wooooooooooooo

that cg scorpion aswell though it looks so fucking rigid and out of place
Jul 23, 2019 8:37 AM

Jan 2016
I'm actually enjoying this show, however terrible it is. The soundtrack is unironically great and unique for it's genre, and the PS2 Boss Fights... Wow. This Anime has good parts, but so many bad parts, and for that I'm enjoying the ride.
Jul 23, 2019 8:39 AM
Nov 2016
Mythologically said:

redwhitenblue said:

Please, tell me which part of these 3 episodes that is similiar to Rosario+Vampire (aside from the heroines being vampire. But there another anime out there with a vampire heroine too). It's similiar to Shield Hero and the Slime because they are isekai. Other than that, both MCs from Arifureta and Shield Hero are betrayed (but the betrayals are different too. One of Hajime's classmates tried to kill him because of jealousy while Naofumi is accused of crime by a certain bitch princess).

The cutesy sucking of his blood all the time. It was also similar to Slime with him eating his foes and gaining their abilities.
redwhitenblueJul 23, 2019 8:43 AM
Jul 23, 2019 9:13 AM
Jun 2019
elementex said:
first episode was just a fluke, it's still an awesome anime and keeps getting better

So, a broken episode that has the worst ratings amongst the episodes was a fluke... Okayyyy??
Jul 23, 2019 9:25 AM

Sep 2008
The way they just panned into Yue making that weird face when she was being controlled was so surreal somehow that it actually creeped me out.
Jul 23, 2019 9:33 AM
Dec 2018
Well the CGI is still bad but the ep isn't that bad maybe
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

383 by Rishabh1348 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

103 by TsunamiYT »»
Mar 2, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

171 by Mizangrh »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2019

89 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 6:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.