Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 21, 2019 12:55 PM

Dec 2017
I know this topic sounds funny for most of you guys who pretend to be girls(Ik who you are!) and do it for lol's against fuckbois but thinking a little, do they feel a little remorse or rather pity towards those who build a bond of trust only to find out that the person you liked/loved or bla bla bla is actually a guy behind that girly attitude or a girl behind that boyish personality(which is rare)?
Ofc unless you're okay with both ways in case I send my regards to those catfishers.

Internet is a big place and all...there a some who gives no fucks about the internet friends and do it just to have fun but for those who actually care about...does it feel like you got dumped?

Now I wait for those traps to show up...preparing their "guns" and pew pew on this topic.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 21, 2019 12:57 PM

Jun 2016
People who fall for catfish scams are gullible idiots. I don't necessarily "agree" with catfishing but people dumb enough to fall for it deserve to have their "online feelings" hurt. There used to be a time where people were more careful with what personal info they put online, that time needs to come back.
Jul 21, 2019 12:59 PM

Mar 2018
No it is even hotter when the girl you like has a penis
Help stop the spread of Korean propaganda (KPrOP) and sign this petition!
http://chng.it/Yw8Vzwk4Tg
Jul 21, 2019 1:00 PM

Jul 2019
Yes it is wrong. Why do people do that is beyond me.
Jul 21, 2019 1:13 PM

Jun 2019
It's wrong, especially if there is malicious intent such as taking money or goods.

However, like someone else has already said, you're way too gullible of you believe someone's identity over a picture or 2. I have been in an online relationship, but you gotta make a more direct connection with that person if you want to make it work. Video calls or whatever.

Jul 21, 2019 1:21 PM

Sep 2014
I thought catfishing was meeting up IRL with someone and finding out they used fake photos.
Jul 21, 2019 1:27 PM
May 2019
Yes catfishing is wrong, often people who engage in this type of behaviour do it with malicious intent for their own nefarious purposes. This can be a major nuisance in online dating. Thankfully it never happen to me, lets just hope it stays that way.
Jul 21, 2019 1:30 PM

Jun 2014
KiddoUnow said:
Yes it is wrong. Why do people do that is beyond me.

I have seen two types of catfishers. The ones who do it to troll and the ones who do it to find a mate (so ironically just the opposite they are desperate instead of trolling the desperate)

Both are sad. People who catfish to troll desperate men are either very young or lack a life. People who catfish so they can actually find a mate are just lying to get a boyfriend or a girlfriend.
Jul 21, 2019 1:30 PM

Mar 2019
I view it with the same lens as applying for a job under a fake gender or name to avoid discrimination but otherwise not lying about anything material.

Essentially if you care so much a man's gender that it matters and is effective on you I can't feel sympathy for you in the same way I feel no sympathy for the publisher that was tricked into publishing a book written by the author of the wrong gender when they couldn't even tell the difference by the writing.

If someone can just go onto the internet and just claim "I'm another gender than I am." but otherwise just act the same he always does and it matters to you then I have no sympathy.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jul 21, 2019 1:43 PM

Jan 2009
obviously its wrong since people hate fake/liars but ironic that lies spread faster than the truth though
Jul 21, 2019 1:47 PM

Mar 2019
deg said:
obviously its wrong since people hate fake/liars but ironic that lies spread faster than the truth though
It works because genderfags seem to find the exact same conversation a lot more interesting when the other party simply claimed to be a different sex but otherwise does not alter behavior.

What can I be but amused at it?

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jul 21, 2019 1:50 PM

Jan 2009
Sphinxter said:
deg said:
It works because genderfags seem to find the exact same conversation a lot more interesting when the other party simply claimed to be a different sex but otherwise does not alter behavior.

man all i can say you do you with your gender crusade lol
Jul 21, 2019 1:56 PM

Mar 2019
deg said:
Sphinxter said:

man all i can say you do you with your gender crusade lol
It's hardly the only thing I frequently put -fag behind. I probably say "moralfag" slightly more often.

— Bertrand Russell
Jul 21, 2019 1:58 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Depends on the situation. If it's just innocent banter on the internet then whatever, doesn't really matter. If it seems like a person is seriously interested in you or you're trying to appeal to them however then it's about 'time to be honest
Jul 21, 2019 2:39 PM

Jun 2014
Sphinxter said:
deg said:

I think its because a lot of people want compensation or something that benefits them when making friends. Talking to another gender is already a benefit for some people. I personally treat both genders equally so as can't say I try to impress women online, but I think humans in general just don't give a shit unless the friendship benefits them. Everybody has other motives even if they want to deny it.
Jul 21, 2019 3:22 PM

Feb 2016
NickRedMachine said:
It's wrong, especially if there is malicious intent such as taking money or goods.

However, like someone else has already said, you're way too gullible of you believe someone's identity over a picture or 2. I have been in an online relationship, but you gotta make a more direct connection with that person if you want to make it work. Video calls or whatever.

^ yeah, in this day and age, people can just rip whatever selfie they found off of the internet.

anyway, on this topic, i really could care less as this doesn't pertain to me at all, however, i will say that there definitely are some moral implications behind catfishing and similar topics. i think it's fine if someone wants to go as a different gender online, i'm not going treat different genders differently, but if this is during e-dating or a "budding" non-platonic, relationship, then the other party should know, as they may be interested in the catfisher the "gender" they are, but not necessarily in the catfisher's gender.
guabaoJul 21, 2019 3:27 PM

i like soup

Jul 21, 2019 3:40 PM

Aug 2014
@Mimurona The contrast between your manly forum avatar and girly profile pic is interesting.

I don't see how catfishing wouldn't be wrong. You're lying about who you are to manipulate someone, which is hurtful in itself, but especially damaging when money is involved.

Refraining from revealing your gender, however, is perfectly fine. (Until you become closer to someone.)

There are some interesting moments on the Dr. Phil show related to catfishing.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Dr.+Phil+catfish
Jul 21, 2019 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
Sphinxter said:
I view it with the same lens as applying for a job under a fake gender or name to avoid discrimination but otherwise not lying about anything material.

Essentially if you care so much a man's gender that it matters and is effective on you I can't feel sympathy for you in the same way I feel no sympathy for the publisher that was tricked into publishing a book written by the author of the wrong gender when they couldn't even tell the difference by the writing.

If someone can just go onto the internet and just claim "I'm another gender than I am." but otherwise just act the same he always does and it matters to you then I have no sympathy.

Please spare us with your genderfag terms.

Publishing books is an entire different chapter than an orientation and dating.
It works for books, but I imagine it as actually hurtful, when people don't want to respect your boundaries and what's essentially important to you.
They have the right to know what gender they are ... or you know, genitals they have. I couldn't have a relationship with a transwoman either, who has a penis, because I wouldn't know how that should work for me / us longterm.

You can't change a straight man either and you should be honest to them. If they still want to try it, it's their choice then, because they could decide it on their own.
Jul 21, 2019 4:20 PM

Mar 2019
Maneki-Mew said:
Sphinxter said:

Maybe if it be "dating" and actually planning to eventually meet up I can see it but if it's just text conversations over the internet I see no difference; they say the exact same shit but it's somehow more interesting for you because they claim to be another sex? I've no sympathy.

It works for books, but I imagine it as actually hurtful, when people don't want to respect your boundaries and what's essentially important to you.
They have the right to know what gender they are ... or you know, genitals they have.
No, as a matter of fact no stranger on the internet has the "right" to any private information about me.

I couldn't have a relationship with a transwoman either, who has a penis, because I wouldn't know how that should work for me / us longterm.
That's a pretty gay reason not to. I couldn't stomach said transwoman's company because a transwoman by definition is a genderfag that cares far too much about his own gender.

You can't change a straight man either and you should be honest to them. If they still want to try it, it's their choice then, because they could decide it on their own.
Mine is no real intention to "change" anyone; I'm merely informing them that their mentality is that of a troglodyte — to actually care about the sex behind random text on the internet is the gayest of gay.

— Bertrand Russell
Jul 21, 2019 4:33 PM

Nov 2016
Sphinxter said:

Here's the big revelation, smart guy: Females are just humans with tits and a Y chromosome. Imagine being a heterosexual male or lesbian and failing for a fucking female and not a male. Or better yet: females are just... entities on this planet like any other with arbitrary number of distinguishing features. Imagine being a heterosexual male or lesbian and falling for a fucking 'entity' instead of your goddamned chair.

Bruh I can't even...
Jul 21, 2019 4:41 PM

Mar 2019
Thanakos said:
Imagine being a heterosexual male or lesbian and failing for a fucking female and not a male. Or better yet: females are just... entities on this planet like any other with arbitrary number of distinguishing features. Imagine being a heterosexual male or lesbian and falling for a fucking 'entity' instead of your goddamned chair.

Bruh I can't even...
And that is exactly the same thing; that's what I respect not.

It's text on the internet, if one be so "heterosexual" and one can't even tell the difference between a male and a female by how they type then I can't respect one's "heterosexuality" — on the internet when it's just text it's differences created in one's own head.

— Bertrand Russell
Jul 21, 2019 4:42 PM

Feb 2019
I've heard some pretty insane stories of people who were catfished, one of them even sent the fake money and bought a ticket to go see them in another country (needless to say the said fake ghosted him, so at least he managed to get a refund). So yeah, I think conning people is wrong and it isn't the person's fault for being the victim of a crime. If it's a 'white lie catfish', as in there is no financial gain for the fake, I don't see it as being as bad as the con type, but it's still a shitty thing to do. Even so, it's internet 101: trust no bitch/dick.
KosmonautJul 21, 2019 4:45 PM
Jul 21, 2019 4:46 PM

Nov 2016
Sphinxter said:
Thanakos said:
Imagine being a heterosexual male or lesbian and failing for a fucking female and not a male. Or better yet: females are just... entities on this planet like any other with arbitrary number of distinguishing features. Imagine being a heterosexual male or lesbian and falling for a fucking 'entity' instead of your goddamned chair.

Bruh I can't even...

It's text on the internet, if one be so "heterosexual" and one can't even tell the difference between a male and a female by how they type then I can't respect one's "heterosexuality" — on the internet when it's just text it's differences created in one's own head.

I can get behind the idea that if you can't tell someone's gender from the way they talk, you're a dumbfuck. But doubting heterosexuality? Nah. It's the opposite. The thirstier you are, the blinder you get. Hopefully, experience will teach them a few stereotypes. Stereotypes are actually pretty useful.
Jul 21, 2019 4:49 PM

Mar 2019
Thanakos said:
Sphinxter said:

I can get behind the idea that if you can't tell someone's gender from the way they talk, you're a dumbfuck. But doubting heterosexuality? Nah. It's the opposite. The thirstier you are, the blinder you get. Hopefully, experience will teach them a few stereotypes. Stereotypes are actually pretty useful.
I doubt not it exists; I merely have no respect for it.

As far as I'm concerned it's the same thing as those that believe an identical glass of wine supposedly tastes better be they told it's some expensive brand opposed to a cheap one though they can't tell the difference on taste alone and they are in fact in both cases the same — that's what sexual orientations are and I doubt not their existence any more than I doubt the existence of the many fools that suddenly find the same wine tastier be they told it cost more.

— Bertrand Russell
Jul 21, 2019 4:55 PM

Jun 2014
Maneki-Mew said:
Sphinxter said:

They have the right to know what gender they are ... or you know, genitals they have. I couldn't have a relationship with a transwoman either, who has a penis, because I wouldn't know how that should work for me / us longterm.

Anytime someone asks my asl over the Internet within the first 30 minutes of meeting them, I remove/block them. Call me paranoid or an asshole, but it always reeks of alternate motives. I have probably removed a few potential friends too, but it is my right to choose my friends as its their right to ask asl.
Jul 21, 2019 5:16 PM

Dec 2016
You know being a complete sociopath and monster girl loving degenerate has its perks. Like, nobody flirts with me... ever. :_;
I mean, at least I am safe from traps and catfishers.

They be all like, oh I am a girl give me stuff... *backstabbed*
Shit. I am sorry, force of habit, it is how I show my love okay?
You can't be mad at me for following my nature okay?
So....
Like, how do you feel about snowballing with this hooker I rented after I pound that trappy butt as an apology.
Jul 21, 2019 5:21 PM

Dec 2012
Fuck oath it's wrong, I know some petty motherfuckers that have done it. They mainly catfish nudes of egirls which in my eyes is pretty fucked up.

I mean if you skeptical of your partner cheating and you do it I mean shit that sounds like some delusional paranoia affecting your life, and lying and pretending is kinda wrong.

If you realize what an unfaithful plebeian skidmark you've been dating thanks to catfishing well I guess you did the right thing... sort of. But catfishing is wrong. You have to pretend and lie and you don't get paid for it unless you a police detective/fbi agent or you scam them.

Jul 21, 2019 5:26 PM

Jul 2007
If there is no actual fish fry involved then I'm not interested.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jul 21, 2019 7:09 PM

Jul 2015
I’ve never been catfished, but it seems obviously wrong to me. Don’t lie about who you are to gain attention/money, kids!!
Jul 21, 2019 7:46 PM
Jul 2018
Any sane person would be against it, but more blame should be put on the gullible people who enable it. The supply is meaningless without the demand.
Jul 21, 2019 11:08 PM

Jul 2012
Pretending to be a different person online isn't inherently wrong, but it is wrong as soon as it starts to effect another person. The idea of catfishing always implies intent to fool an individual for some kind of personal gain. Whether it's to cause harm to an individual, con them often financially, or even the lightest form can be a harsh prank if it goes on too long.
Jul 21, 2019 11:11 PM

Aug 2015
Yes, catfishing is wrong. It entails toying with other people's hearts for personal amusement in one way or another,or some just seek to be loved but as they aren't confident in themselves they try to find someone to love them online while they act a role of someone else. It's pitiful, it's shameful, it's just simply wrong.
Jul 22, 2019 12:32 AM
Jul 2018
Kagami said:
Maneki-Mew said:

Anytime someone asks my asl over the Internet within the first 30 minutes of meeting them, I remove/block them. Call me paranoid or an asshole, but it always reeks of alternate motives. I have probably removed a few potential friends too, but it is my right to choose my friends as its their right to ask asl.

Of course, I won't accept a call from someone I don't know well, and it's also no one business, if people want to lie about their gender in normal settings. I thought it originally was about someone, who is interested in them, but they are lying for lolz or to catch their interest.

Sphinxter said:
Thanakos said:

As far as I'm concerned it's the same thing as those that believe an identical glass of wine supposedly tastes better be they told it's some expensive brand opposed to a cheap one though they can't tell the difference on taste alone and they are in fact in both cases the same — that's what sexual orientations are and I doubt not their existence any more than I doubt the existence of the many fools that suddenly find the same wine tastier be they told it cost more.

So that basically means... everyone, who is not bisexual, is an asshole, yeah?
That's absolutely how people work and spoiler, friendships still exists. You just have to appreciate them and not see them as kind of lesser love.
Jul 22, 2019 12:45 AM

Aug 2012
Yes, catfishing is a form of deception
???????
Jul 22, 2019 2:54 AM
Aug 2016
Hahaha, I actually used to pretend to be a girl *or more like to not say I'm a girl or a guy and people assumed I'm a girl without asking* and to even ''flirt'' with some guys and make them fall for me and then after a while to tell them that I'm actually a guy, not a girl, and the funny part is that one of those guys actually asked me if I want to be his boyfriend even after he found out that I'm not a girl, because he also asked me if I want to be his girlfriend. It was fun while it lasted, too bad now everyone knows I'm a guy and I can't do that anymore.

P.S. The thing with people thinking I'm a girl instead of a guy actually happened to me irl aswell, not only online. That was funny as hell too tbh.
Jul 22, 2019 3:26 AM

Jun 2009
well, rule #1 always assume there are zero girls on the internet.
As far as the level of catfishing... that depends.
If its just some dude on the forums pretending to be a girl, then jokes on them, they should know better.

If its taken to real life, like fake fb/instagram/snapchat, and making real world plans to meet up, then to just blow up in his face, then yeah thats pretty messed up.
Jul 22, 2019 10:43 AM

Jan 2018
I had a young boy that I get to know quite shortly that is quite keen on trying to practice his massaging skills on me. It's out of respect but the point is a healthy teen would just go for the possibility that they are actually talking to girls.

It's fun as long as they don't admit that they're a guy and that you don't get deep with a random girl. It's exciting I guess? I prefer live action dating so I don't know if this catfishing thing is actually huge/popular/legit.
Jul 22, 2019 11:18 AM

Mar 2015
It's just a dick move. And like, most catfishes do it to get free stuff/love from others, which is kinda sad tbh. That's the real low self esteem move.

Also I don't get why people want to pretend to be girls online. Trust me you do not want to get attention from the people that only hit you up cuz you allegedly have a vagina. Or maybe it's just me having bad luck but seriously, lonely dudes on the internet can be really weird.
Jul 22, 2019 11:40 AM

Jun 2008
I actually thought the thread was about fishing cats and i clicked wondering how that works.
Jul 22, 2019 12:54 PM
Feb 2017
Monad said:
I actually thought the thread was about fishing cats and i clicked wondering how that works.

Knowing MAL you cant be too sure of anything.
Jul 23, 2019 12:21 AM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
As much at fault as the people gullible enough to actually fall for catfishing are, how much of a fucking piece of garbage would you seriously have to be to do something like that? Talk about someone with no fucking life and no sense of morality (especially if you use it to gain financially). Honestly words cannot describe how happy it makes me knowing the vast majority of the people who catfish live such shitty miserable lives, they truly deserve it, makes it feel like there's actually some sort of cosmic justice in the world. Watch any series that exposes these catfishers on camera, you can't help but to laugh at how pathetic they are.

Although I will say I mean misleading someone about your identity for an extended period of time, not like a short funny prank or baiting out active pedophiles; something along those lines is fine.
KyotosomoJul 23, 2019 12:26 AM
Jul 23, 2019 12:31 AM

Dec 2013
Sadly thats not the only type of catfishing, I know fucbois who have used this site for years and just remove their age so no one knows they are old fucks, currently working on exposing one, too bad I don't have any damning evidence
Jul 23, 2019 2:33 AM

Nov 2016
Sphinxter said:
Thanakos said:

Baby, we all make value judgments. They could be retarded in many cases but not this one. If I found a girl with all the qualities of my male best friends, I wouldn't waste a second wifing her. The 'increased attraction' phenomenon that you criticize is really just that: the poor bloke finds a girl capable of something desirable (for many poor blokes, the desirable thing is to have a conversation) and his instincts kick in.
Jul 23, 2019 3:16 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Before saying whether it is right or wrong you need to ask yourself what will you say if someone on the internet who for some reason you are romantically interested in asks you about your dick size and how many times you've had sex the past year? How many of you will honestly say something like "Uh, I'm a virgin with a 9 cm long penis"? Probably not many.

Now assume that the average internet user will do the same in a similar situation. Would you still trust everything completely random people say about themselves on the internet?

You might as well start clicking on "Find single waifus in your area" ads. Yes, depending on the situation certain practices might be considered "unethical" or even illegal but in 99% of the cases you should blame yourself as well.
149597871Jul 23, 2019 3:19 AM
Jul 23, 2019 3:22 AM

Mar 2014
yeah, when i played habbo it was catfish central, the TV show is decent tho
Jul 23, 2019 4:32 AM

Dec 2013
Boo said:
yeah, when i played habbo it was catfish central, the TV show is decent tho
Pool's closed, I repeat the swimming area is off limits
Jul 23, 2019 5:02 AM

Dec 2013
Personally I consider it to be rude, but I understand people might have reasons behind it, such as body image issues. Of course, conning people out of their money is illegal but if it's just done for emotional reasons rather than monetary gain, I wouldn't be that harsh.
Jul 23, 2019 5:28 AM

Feb 2016
im not pretending to be anything but myself
if you can't figure out which gender i am
you're an idiot LOL
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 23, 2019 2:54 PM

Oct 2018
Since i don't have any affinity towards online dating, I don't care. If i were to find out my closest online friend was a different gender, well, uh, so be it. I might be shocked to say the least, and kinda wished they were honest from the start, but is what it is.

People have various reason to hide their gender, and as long as people aren't doing it with the intent to toil with people's hearts behind a screen, it's harmless. But again, i'll never comprehend how yall can fall in love over a screen.

i'm a worm
Jul 23, 2019 2:55 PM

Mar 2013
im a girl hit me up

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

58 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 9 hours ago

13 by Spunkert »»
13 minutes ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - 11 hours ago

3 by DesuMaiden »»
20 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 5 hours ago

1 by KitsuFrost »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - Yesterday

21 by DesuMaiden »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.