Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 2, 2019 5:49 PM

Nov 2015
I cried for August , that was a tragic end ..
Aug 12, 2019 6:38 PM

Sep 2017
Wow actually a pretty good plot twist. Definitely didn't see it coming. Every now and then fairy tail writes something half decent. Good shit.
Aug 13, 2019 6:27 AM

Dec 2013
August actually being Zeref’s child was a nice twist.

Gildarts minor fake out felt painfully unnecessary but I do like the way they’re fighting back against August now.

A surprisingly decent episode overall.
Aug 14, 2019 4:26 AM
Aug 2019
Acknologia was a bit slow there when he got knocked by the Blue Pegasus ship. He could've just pounced on the ship as they were lifting. Idk, I was bothered by that scenelmao. Still such an amazing show nonetheless. Anyways, I believe Mavis and Zeref actually had an "intimate" night. Mavis was just leaving out what she deems "unnecessary information". In the end, it was pretty crucial.
Aug 19, 2019 8:33 PM
Oct 2017
Gator said:
Fights were never the strong suit of Fairy Tail, but the fights in this season are some of the worst I've ever seen :<

Fairy Tail fights were SOOO GOOD back in the earlier seasons. The only reason why they are bad now is because they had a studio change.
My Candies:
Sep 13, 2019 6:16 PM

Oct 2013
Gildarts & Cana vs August was badass... until it wasn't, but I'm not going to talk about that. I will say that contrasting Gildarts' and Cana's relationship with Zeref's relationship to Larcade and August was very poetic.

Zeref's entire character is crazy to me. It's easy to be bitter at Zeref and write him off as a generic villain, but he has a 400 year history of conditioning himself to be as detached from humanity and empathy as possible because he literally has no other choice. What would happen if Zeref knew he had a child? Could Zeref love him? His child would surely die. If not... then what? Would that have been any better for August?

The same could be said of Larcade, couldn't it? Are Zeref's "demons" immune to Zeref's curse of contradiction? I'd guess not. Maybe someone could write this off as abusing a plot convenience to paint Zeref in a bad light. I don't know. This is a fascinating concept for me.

That was a really good -- and excellently directed -- plot twist.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 22, 2019 10:59 PM

May 2014
I managed to get tricked there. When you thought Larcade was his son, it was actually August. Now that's mind blowing to think about. Both of the parents looks younger than their son. Hahaha

It's funny to see that the kiss killed Mavis, but it's really retard to think that they didn't kiss once during their inter****** and that this didn't have any nullifying effect on either of them. That's really funny and very retarded written. ^^

Gildarts is a epic father figure and he fight August very nice, but no way he will die. It's strange to think that someone have actually died in this series. ^^
Oct 3, 2019 12:56 AM

Dec 2012
That moment when it sets in who August was really talking about. Really jaw dropping bait & switch there.
Oct 8, 2019 12:35 AM

Dec 2012
Gildarts attacks August.
Larcade.
Larcade appears before them.
There's another life inside Mavis while in the lacrima?
Zeref attacks Larcade.
Gildarts protected Cana.
Dat stomp.
Zeref has no children?
Larcade is a demon from the book of Zeref.
Mavis has a child... and Zeref is the father?
The baby. A cross between light and dark?
Precht dumped it.
It learned about Zeref and Mavis from its memory.
It met Zeref.
August is the child of Zeref and Mavis.
Zeref didn't realize he had a child.
Dat ending.

Wow. Did not expect August to be Zeref's son. When Larcade pleasured everyone, Mashima made it look like August was referring to Mavis being Larcade's mother. So that's why August was staring at Natsu. Natsu didn't even know he met his own nephew. Zeref banged Mavis lifeless body. Boss!

2 chapters. No blood when Zeref stomped on Larcade.
RobOct 8, 2019 12:43 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 19, 2019 8:45 AM

Jul 2009
It was a surprise for me! So the real son was August! But for me it's kinda odd, I mean, I know Mavis was adult, but it seems like in the 1st time she kissed Zeref she turned asleep.
Nov 19, 2019 2:43 PM

Sep 2012
eeeh i thought that they guy zeref just killed was hes son but it was august

bittersweetlove said:
It was a surprise for me! So the real son was August! But for me it's kinda odd, I mean, I know Mavis was adult, but it seems like in the 1st time she kissed Zeref she turned asleep.

she got pregro from that kiss 😂

nope zeref banged her while she slept 😂

easy to make fun of silly plot holes 😆

Jan 6, 2020 8:22 AM
Dec 2016
Am I the only one who wonder when do Zeref & Mavis "doing" it and how the hell Mavis gave a birth while inside a lacrima?

And yeah I know this is just anime, just wondering.
Stuck myself with my own rational and logical habit.
Jul 17, 2020 5:44 AM

Jul 2015
WAIT, I definitely didn't expected that big plottwist, August was the child and Lacarde was just another demon. This explains why August is so goddamn strong, Have to say August is now one of my favourite from the Spriggan 12 not only for the great plottwist but also his sad backstory and his great battle.

Sep 5, 2020 2:29 AM

May 2018
The animation improved again this episode. It seems as though A1 Productions is finally putting their A team into Fairy Tail
Oct 29, 2020 3:05 PM

Jul 2010
Enigma-kun said:
Am I the only one who wonder when do Zeref & Mavis "doing" it and how the hell Mavis gave a birth while inside a lacrima?

And yeah I know this is just anime, just wondering.
Stuck myself with my own rational and logical habit.

SMH. People calling an anime not showing sexual scenes as plot hole. Also Precht put that lacrima, remember? Did you want to see the conception and delivery of August so much? Do you wanna see loli pussy?
Jan 20, 2021 4:26 PM
Nov 2014
i want august to survive his fight with gildarts so badly...so he can finally meet his mother mavis.
Mar 13, 2022 12:17 PM
Sep 2020
5/5 wow i loved this episode a lot

Gildarts is smart , it took forever for others to figure out his weakness ,while all Gildarts needed was her daughter to help out, the animation was pretty damn good this episode

Zeref never realised his son was actually nearby all this while he thought he was raising a kid
that acted as his son , ok that was emotional

so august is apparently his son wooow
Mar 17, 2022 6:57 AM

Jan 2013
I was so confused for a bit because they kept talking about Larcade being an experiment and then Mavis being pregnant.
But that twist put it all together, August being the child of Mavis and Zeref.
Apr 13, 2022 3:57 AM
Aug 2016
man August being the child just to get killed off like this feels like such a waste, I hope his presence still holds some relevancy atleast in the next few episodes, we never really got to explore further his relationship with Brandish too.
Oct 1, 2022 1:22 PM

May 2020
Wait a damn minute, how in the world fairy tail had us fool all along. August being Zeref's child was a complete shocker, just never saw this coming. I saw people hyping up August's backstory in their posts right from the time this arc started, and now I understood why.

Surprisingly I'm content with the conclusion of his fight against Gildarts and Cana too.
Oct 22, 2022 5:43 PM

Aug 2019
I liked the plot twist there. I wasn't sure whose flashbacks we were seeing. August deserved better; he should've told Zeref the truth.
Nov 16, 2022 4:36 PM
Feb 2022
Entonces August es el hijo de Zeref. Eso si no lo esperaba.
Apr 16, 2023 9:29 AM

Nov 2010
Nice twist! I didn't expect that at all. I must say this is one of the best parts of FT.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What is the reason for so much hatred for fairy tail series ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Jan 29

45 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 12, 11:55 AM

» Any theories ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 3

16 by MiraStraussFan99 »»
Mar 10, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

202 by amlg »»
Jan 25, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

60 by amlg »»
Jan 23, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2019

38 by amlg »»
Jan 23, 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.