Forum Settings
Forums
Jul 29, 9:00 AM
BlancaXLobo said:
vigorousjammer said:
No Game No Life.
It's just isekai ecchi trash and it belongs in the garbage.

I suppose the same could be said of most LN adaptations, though.
I generally wouldn't recommend any LN adaptations, and I tend to avoid them, personally.
There was some good ones before the SAO boom, like Scrapped Princess, Kino no Tabi, Baccano, Durarara, Full Metal Panic, Spice & Wolf... but after the SAO boom the market become oversaturated with hacks who wanted to have the same success.

Most light novels would have been around before Sao even got an anime in 2012 with it's own LN starting in 2009 becouse the Web novel was popular enough . But it probably also helped LNs get more attention to get adaptions .. I guess

But SAO more then likely only just kicked of the iskeai LN and manga Boom and the adaptions for that.

Light novels from what I can tell only tend to get an anime in the first place becouse a LN reaches a sale milestone / popularity or to gain more popularity more sales etc and then they use the Anime as a ad for the light novel or becouse they know they will get a profit out of it .

I think it's up to the publishers on what LN gets anime anyway

Jul 29, 9:13 AM

Ousama Game, Corpse Party, Pupa, Evil or Live, Dies Irae, Bikini Warriors, Maken-Ki- Just Trash.
Out of popular ones- Mirai Nikki, Akame ga Kill, Guilty Crown(U will get disappointed in second half of thoes shows)
Both Tokyo ghoul:Re, especially Re 2 (rushed and just bad).

Jul 29, 9:20 AM

I can’t really not recommend an anime unless I know what that person likes and dislikes, lol. What I hate could be something that the other person might find appealing.
To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly.

Jul 29, 9:27 AM
On the one hand, there are shows that I really adore but can't recommend as they may either be a bit of an acquired taste or just outright esoteric. Mostly in the sense that no one will get their appeal due in part to the non-ubiquity of what they bring to the table. Some notable examples for the former category include Mononoke, Jin-Roh, Azumanga Daioh and PaniPoni Dash. Conversely, the latter runs the gamut from Texhnolyze and Humanity Has Declined to Mawaru Penguindrum and Medaka Box

On the other, there are shows that are so incorrigibly bad that I can't implore anyone to watch them even if I hate their guts. That's right, I'm talking about the worst of the worst; abominations that mustn't be spoken of lest those in the know be subject to the horrors they elicit. I shan't go into any further details regarding this matter.

Jul 29, 12:27 PM

Blue Drop. I borrowed it from the library, boring/waste of time

Jul 29, 12:43 PM

Black Butler, One Piece, Fairy tail. And all of the ecchi harem bs genre anime.
Merciful lies or painful truth?

Jul 29, 4:00 PM

BlancaXLobo said:
vigorousjammer said:
No Game No Life.
It's just isekai ecchi trash and it belongs in the garbage.

I suppose the same could be said of most LN adaptations, though.
I generally wouldn't recommend any LN adaptations, and I tend to avoid them, personally.
There was some good ones before the SAO boom, like Scrapped Princess, Kino no Tabi, Baccano, Durarara, Full Metal Panic, Spice & Wolf... but after the SAO boom the market become oversaturated with hacks who wanted to have the same success.

That's fair.
Out of the ones you listed, I've only seen Baccano. I wasn't a fan of it, personally, but it had some interesting ideas and was overall not terrible, I just thought it was a decent show with poor execution, which plunged it into mediocrity for me.

A LN Adaptation I've seen that I enjoyed was Boogiepop Phantom, but I wouldn't necessarily call it incredible, just good.
Stein's;Gate is highly overrated, but is also a genuinely well made show in it's own right, and probably the best LN adaptation I've seen. Still, it has it's fair share of problems, mostly with pacing and character development.

I've meant to watch Kino's Journey for a long time, even back before I knew what a Light Novel was, ever since I saw a trailer for it on an anime DVD in the mid-2000's. However, I never got around to it. Maybe I will one of these days.
::End of Transmission::

Jul 29, 4:57 PM
魔王

there's a few of them, i guess a major one would be tokyo ghoul. one of the worst anime i've ever seen -__-

your absence has gone through me
like a thread through a needle — &
everything is stitched with its color

former forum sets ; favorite manga

Aug 10, 3:01 AM
Air
Clannad
Angel beat
Baccano
Berserk
My Hero Academia
Code grass
D gray man
Evagelion
All fate series [minus kaleid liner Prisma Illya ]
Gintana
Hunter x hunter
Jojo
Mob psycho 100
Mushishi
One punch man
Re: zero
Attack on titan
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Tokyo ghoul
Toradora

Aug 10, 10:35 AM

His & Her Circumstances, there are much better romantic comedy series than that one. The last 2 episodes or so were a mess.

Aug 10, 10:39 AM

Wonder Momo, it's the insult to all senses especially if you played the original arcade/PC Engine game, it didn't look that good, the animation was terrible, the voice acting was horrific, phoned in, and sounded like frothy foam at times. Who thought it was a good idea to make this?

Aug 10, 4:58 PM

Oh boy,

School Days(stupid characters. I first was rooting for the long haired girl to get rid of all of them but then I realized she was pretty bad too.)

I My Me Strawberry Eggs(had nice stuff but the teacher being into a student was creepy and the ending made no sense whatsoever)

Katekyo Hitman Reborn(no good female characters, plot starts to fall apart after the second arc. I am still pissed at the third opening being a complete lie. There was a fight that was a letdown because of the OP)

One Punch Man Season 2 (forced myself to watch it but man they butchered the adaptation in so many levels. )

Naruto: Shippuuden (i tried to watch it because I really like Naruto but man I never liked the animation and everyone besides Naruto, Hinata, Iruka sensei, the ramen guy, and Jiraiya was dislikable for me. Hard to believe that such a good dude would have a manga where he has no real good friends whatsoever or lackeys.)

Sekaiichi Hatsukoi (hard to believe that it felt worse than Junjou Romantica. Then again the only good thing about it is that the ONLY characters in a healthy relationship in all of this author's works appear in here and got a movie of their own)

Kaichou wa maid-sama (I effing hate this shoujo adaptation. Just the main guy pisses me off.)

Tonari no kaibutsu-kun(hated the anime. Tried the manga and the girl didn't end up with the guy who was actually decent and nice, I hate the second shoujo guy syndrome. You root for them and never win.

Aug 10, 11:42 PM
-Sword Art Online.
-Juuni Taisen.
-Children of the Whales.

Aug 10, 11:54 PM
Eden of The East and Tokyo Ghoul √A/Re:1-2

Aug 11, 12:10 AM

Haibane Renmei xd

shitty character limit

Aug 11, 12:13 AM
Fine every anime to manga there nothing to say

Aug 11, 12:19 AM

I'd probably say anything a six or below on my list, although the lowest I've ever given out was a four. That would go to Btoom!, Charlotte, Mirai Nikki, Tokyo Ghoul: Root A, and Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku.

There is one that I dropped that I can't imagine anyone recommending: Nisekoi. The OP, animation, and first few episodes are nice...but good lord, nothing, and I mean NOTHING happens in that show. I stopped at ten episodes after realizing that the atrocious writing that dares to call itself a plot wasn't going anywhere. Don't watch it. Better yet, watch Yamada-kun, it's better in pretty much every way.
Modified by DoubleJEspejwan6, Aug 11, 11:41 AM

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]