Forum Settings
Forums
Jul 20, 11:00 AM
We've all watched good and 'bad' anime throughout our anime experience and most of us have recommended animes that we love to others but what are the ones we don't recommend.

Jul 20, 11:04 AM

Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun and Lamune. It's literally a pile of nothingness for 12 eps, watching popcorn in a microwave provides better entertainment
'On-Hold' is another way for a completionist to say 'Dropped'

Jul 20, 11:09 AM

Generally speaking anything rated bellow 7 on MAL I wouldn't recommend unless I have a good reason to think otherwise.

X s t a s y

“I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours”
―Cheshire Cat

Jul 20, 11:16 AM

Btooom. Really mediocre and full of nothing.

Jul 20, 11:18 AM

Nichijou - Right now, it's insensitive to recommend this anime, I don't how would you be able to laugh knowing that a lot of people who made it died.

Jul 20, 11:19 AM

I wouldn't recommend boring anime. Shows like Angel's Egg, Lain, Blood-C, Endless 8 which I consider boring.
My Wife is a Demon Queen

Jul 20, 11:19 AM

Glasslip and Tamako Market (but the movie was good)
"I feel like I'm always searching for someone or something."

Jul 20, 11:20 AM

Evangelion

I don't see the hype since it came out and now and God knows how old I am. I struggled watching that anime so that I could honestly critique it fairly without any biased whatsoever and I hated every second of it.

I've yet to see the new ones but why bother when I never liked the first one.

Jul 20, 11:21 AM

youseiki said:
Nichijou - Right now, it's insensitive to recommend this anime, I don't how would you be able to laugh knowing that a lot of people who made it died.

You are joking right? Because you sound serious.. You don't really think that right? RIGHT?

Jul 20, 11:22 AM

Utsu Musume Sayuri. I don't want anyone to go through the nightmares I had to go through after watching that abomination. Don't watch it if you value your sanity, guys, you all will regret it. Stay away from that thing, for God's sake.

Jul 20, 11:26 AM

Trickster. Just, don't. It's boring, it makes no sense, it's weird as fuck. And worst of all its 24 episodes long. It's a waste of time, don't do it.

Jul 20, 11:26 AM

Kuro_Neko04 said:

You are joking right? Because you sound serious.. You don't really think that right? RIGHT?

Honestly it truly depends on the people if they want to watch it or not, I've already seen some reaction of people watching it right now with conflicted emotions. It's a good anime, but right now, a lot of people are still in the mourning phase and it's a bad idea to mourn while watching one of the funniest anime out there.

Jul 20, 11:28 AM

youseiki said:
Kuro_Neko04 said:

Honestly it truly depends on the people if they want to watch it or not, I've already seen some reaction of people watching it right now with conflicted emotions. It's a good anime, but right now, a lot of people are still in the mourning phase and it's a bad idea to mourn while watching one of the funniest anime out there.

Idk man, tbh, I think that laughing at that anime is one of the best way to show respect to the victims. This is just my opinion tho. Laughing is a beautiful thing, and perfect for saying goodbye to the ones who died.

Jul 20, 11:32 AM

The wise man recommends not that he personally likes but that he believes to be concordant with the taste of the recommendee.

For instance be the latter's i.q. below 80 I would be more than willing to recommend Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood expecting it to be in line with his inferior mind.

However possess said recommendee the intellectual faculties necessary to dress himself without drooling mongoloid spit all over the very clothes he attempts to put on I would advise him to stay far clear of it.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell

Jul 20, 11:33 AM
SCHOOL DAYS

That shit is fucked up.I regret watching it and i dont want anyone else to experience that stuff now that u know it

Jul 20, 11:34 AM
Fractale. Double so after Yamakan’s disgusting remarks in the wake of the KyoAni tragedy.

Jul 20, 11:37 AM

Tokyo Ghoul. First season was ok, every sequel was terrible.

Jul 20, 11:47 AM

dive and psycho pass s2 are two i wouldn't recommend to anyone, despite their preferences.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?

Jul 20, 11:50 AM

Guilty Crown. God-like animation and soundtrack. Terribly written and poorly structured story. I liked the MC and his development but many people will find him annoying for most if the part.

Also Sword Art Online. Just read the novel instead while also acknowledging the fact that the Fairy Dance doesn't exists. And don't forget to check out also the Progressive with the main and best girl getting all the focus, development and attention she needed and deserved.

▲ ▲

«REVs»
«NP Games»
«Male/Female»
«Favorites (+Awards)»
"I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil."

Jul 20, 11:51 AM

I wouldn't recommend anything that Rumiko Takahashi has done, as I found no enjoyment in her works. They're too annoying to be considered entertainment.

Jul 20, 11:52 AM
Hand shakers, although I'm sure this thread will get locked sooner or later

Jul 20, 11:56 AM

Masamune revenge unless season 2 comes out or you read source material. This one is a recent watch so frustration is still fresh.

Glasslip lol if you can finish this give yourself a pat on the back.

School days unless you enjoy drama.

Boku no pico is like trying a super spicy sausage challenge, so just avoid it.

Jul 20, 12:10 PM
The original Fate/Stay Night, because most of the decisions made by the characters and the overall plot progress just does not make sense.

Jul 20, 2:45 PM
You know, everyone has their preferences, and I do believe that it is wrong to say that a particular anime is bad. but...

There is one anime that NO MATTER WHAT I would never recommend. Before I get to the actual series I would like to explain, what types of recommendations I will be talking about. The first type is a recommendation to people who are completely new to anime, and the second is a recommendation to anime veterans(people who have had spent a good amount of their time into watching all kinds of anime.)

So, this show I wouldn't recommend because of 2 reasons: To a newcomer, it would be an awful representation of what the anime community and industry is and would probably turn them away. And for a veteran, it would just make them unfriend you because it would probably make them develop a brain tumor.

That, dear friends, is Infinite Stratos. I made the mistake of watching this for the first time at the beginning of my anime-watching days. This is also the lowest-rated anime in my list(the second season). Why I am bringing this up, is because when I first started watching anime, I tended to see everything as a masterpiece(which is generally normal for newcomers). Having that in mind, it must've been an extremely awful anime, for me to rate it that low during that period. I still, to this day rate different shows higher than they would usually deserve(from a critical point of view).

I mean, that show made me experience the longest days of my life. It was painful to finish it, and I still am questioning myself how I managed to to get through these excruciating hours.

I think I clearly explained the reasons why I wouldn't recommend this show, but there is one exception. I would recommend it only one type of person - A person, who is ready to test the true power of their will. You have just finished the shonen anime you were watching? Then, instead of watching other characters do their best to succeed, create your own resolve and test you will power. Succeeding in this will get you a step closer to following your ninja way. And when that ending theme shows up you will finally become a true Anime-Ninja-Shounen-Hokage-Pirate King-Wizard king-Strongest of all-Who caught them all-Titan-One Punch-Ninja Turtle-Disney princess.

Good luck!

Jul 20, 2:50 PM
corpse party......it wasn't even scary at all it was just filled with gore and gore and gore and gore and gore omg and free trauma. :)))))))

Jul 20, 2:51 PM

Gamers
its terrible and full of cringe

Jul 20, 2:55 PM

Honestly, the one I'm watching now... The Asterisk War.

The only reason I haven't dropped it is because I've got a Netflix account and I'm trying to watch all the anime that they offer.
It's probably the single most mediocre thing I've ever seen. Not good enough to be enticing and not quite bad enough to be enjoyable (in a "Train wreck" kind of way).

It's just... meh.
1 hour = 10,000 yen.
2 hours = 20,000 yen.
3 hours = 3 loaves of French bread.
4 hours = 4 loaves of French bread.

Jul 20, 3:15 PM

Galaxy Express 999 the TV show. Characters are only competent when it's convenient, no continuity of story, characters don't remember anything from preceding episodes aside from first 4, the cast often gets out of every incident for the most bullshit reasons (example: in episode 54, MC is thrown into a large tub filled with boiling water in episode-exclusive-villain's hopes of boiling the faggot alive. He survives because 'the boiling point is much lower on this planet'. How convenient...), the main character is often shouting (as if it made his pathetic claims any important) and also competing for the most annoying, retarted cardboard cutout award. The worst part? The show could have been awesome if it weren't for general idiocy of the cast and lack of continuity (at the very least: characters' persistent memory of past events). 113 episodes of sluggish, filled with convenient twists, episodic, morale-preaching 'travel'.

I gotta power-through those last 40 episodes somehow............
Modified by NyronGTR, Jul 20, 3:20 PM

Jul 20, 3:43 PM
I couldn't possibly see myself recommending someone watch "Nichijou". It's so terribly paced that it feels way longer than it actually is. I also find that the directing in Nichijou impedes any ounce of enjoyment that Nicihijou could've squeezed out of me. I also find every character in Nichijou (aside from Glasses girl, she's cool) is unlikeable and annoying. I will admit however, I actually like Nichijou's artstyle and a few pieces of music from it.

Jul 20, 3:49 PM

At first any title I rated below 7 (well except I know he/she is fudanshi/fujoshi) after that anything below 6 and after that the shows I rated lower.
But I never recommend anyone to watch Shitcom, Utsu Musume Sayuri and Tenshi no Drop. Watching these 3 are just torturing yourself...

Jul 20, 3:53 PM

The first two that come to mind for me are Satsuriku no Tenshi (Angels of Death) and Lord of Vermillion: The Crimson King. Both are not very good.

Jul 20, 3:58 PM

I mean people perceive things differently so I can’t really call out anything as long as it’s objectively bad or at least as close to that as possible or I know what kind of shows that person likes and dislikes... I almost inserted a joke where I actually mention a show that many people love that I hate which would contradict what I just said and sound “funny”, but that would be dumb. Anyway, Shitcom is literal shit, don’t watch it.(And no, that wasn’t a “funny”, it’s actual shit.)

Jul 20, 4:04 PM

Tatami Galaxy, I'm watching right now and it's pretty mediocre. A shallow show with surreal animation, so disappointed of this one. Long dialogues of an asshole that deserves misery complaining about life, he deserves a fking bullet in the head.

Jul 20, 4:28 PM

Definitely Kämpfer. A lot of events happen. However, in the end, nothing really happened.
"Hurting people won't help you regain your pride!"-Sawada Tsunayoshi

Jul 20, 8:51 PM

Madoka Magica. Too wordy, too focused on surrealistic visuals and forcing philosophical ideas, with the price being that the characters do things that just don't make much sense sometimes.

If you want a darker take on the magical girl genre, I suggest Uta~Kata, for a story more focused on character drama and emotional experiences, or Yuuki Yuuna, for a story that considers different ideas of heroism and how they react to an unfavorable situation.

Jul 20, 9:01 PM

My first instinct would tell me to say One Piece (but I don't want to continue with this, but I highly discourage people to watch it...), or could be Naruto, or Fairy Tail, or Kill la Kill, but I would say about some other worse anime series:

-D-Frag!: After a couple of episodes, I really hated it. It tries to be funny, but it has a lot of characters that really kills the mood, especially Chitose Karasuyama. She is a total bitch, I hated her, seriously, if I had her in front of me, I would kill her with a bat just to stop her f****** mouth to spit s*** around. Most of the rest of the characters are totally lame and, sometimes, dull or stupid. I don't know how this thing dare to label itself as comedy. Sincerely, is a total MUST NOT watch.

-Gamers: In the first episode, it seemed to be that the lame and typical loser MC is accepted by an apparently "perfect" girl in a club made by odd and somehow, interesting group of characters that are hardcore gamers. Later, I don't know if the writers or producers (or anyone in charge of that anime) decided to dump everything in the trash that could made this somehow interesting... and they made it a stupid and absurd love square... and it doesn't have any f****** thing to do with gaming or gamers... just to mention hings or slight references or taking stereotypes from gaming world... A total NOPE.

-Any recent "isekai" anime, just like Konosuba, Re:Zero, Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni, Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken, etc.
They are all the same, just change some things, and voilá, a copypaste, but with different characters...
We are EVERYWHERE...

Jul 20, 9:04 PM
Neon Genesis Evangelion because it's religion to me, and I believe one must prepare himself and seek it out of his own accord to be worthy of it.

Bunny Girl Senpai because I once ironically recommended it to a friend, who ended up getting into it quite unironically. We are not friends anymore.

Jul 20, 9:06 PM

Tokyo ghoul. While the first season is pretty decent it's still so much worse than the manga, it's really rushed and they cut out way too much information

Jul 20, 9:13 PM
Sword Art Online and black clover..

Jul 20, 9:24 PM

- Ore, Twintail
- Re:Creator (this actualy not really that bad, just to boring for me)

Jul 20, 9:36 PM

Darling in the franxx, while the first episodes of it are great, but the end is pretty much a
disappointment with the "trigger cliche" (if you know what i mean).
And School Days, this anime is pure torture to watch (boring at the start, random plot twist at the end) and i don't see how someone can enjoy it.

(edit) - Oh, and there is Twin Stars Exorcists (Sousei no Onmyouji), the anime is pretty bad, the animation is bad, it has an original ending, so it doesn't follow the manga (which is good btw), basically another good manga that studio pierrot rushed 50 episodes without material and turned up really really bad at the point it only has 10 episodes that follow up the manga and they are mediocre.
Modified by Fernanda_Cbda, Jul 20, 9:46 PM

Jul 21, 12:27 AM

The :re sequels of Tokyo Ghoul.

I don't have an issue with the first adaptation it had, nor the RootA sequel. Despite it not following the manga, it was executed decently. Now, the :re sequels however... The pacing is so trash that you don't even know what's going on unless you've read the manga, the characters are paper flat and the Kaneki just gets this weird flatness to his previous depth aswell.

Not recommended, hazard zone with a radius of 30km around them.
【🇳​🇪​🇼​ 🇵​🇷​🇴​🇫​🇮​🇱​🇪​ 🇩​🇪​🇸​🇮​🇬​🇳​】

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

Jul 21, 12:35 AM

I wouldn't recommend anime/manga that the person asking for recommendations is not into.

If we're talking generally, then anything I rated 5 or below

Jul 21, 1:38 AM

Kyo Kara Maoh, it's my guilty pleasure series but more often than not first time watchers and younger audience is immediately blinded by Wolfram's pretty face and fall head over heals for him and start shipping him with Yuuri, I don't want the cancer to spread so that's one series I'll not recommend to anyone.

Jul 21, 2:00 AM

Bruh i found about a dozen people who just shredded their credibility with some of these responses.

InkWavve said:
Neon Genesis Evangelion because it's religion to me, and I believe one must prepare himself and seek it out of his own accord to be worthy of it.

Bunny Girl Senpai because I once ironically recommended it to a friend, who ended up getting into it quite unironically. We are not friends anymore.

Bruh I hope you on some trolling shit with this lol

Nick-Knight said:
Guilty Crown. God-like animation and soundtrack. Terribly written and poorly structured story. I liked the MC and his development but many people will find him annoying for most if the part.

Also Sword Art Online. Just read the novel instead while also acknowledging the fact that the Fairy Dance doesn't exists. And don't forget to check out also the Progressive with the main and best girl getting all the focus, development and attention she needed and deserved.

Boring ass reply- Definitely know who's suggestions I won't be taking any time.. ever

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
Modified by DeadlyRaven, Yesterday, 3:40 PM

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!

Jul 21, 2:08 AM
I would say servamp is not josei. It is shonen.

Also, a lot of josei is just slightly older shoujo and not josei. Hard to find actual josei. Like maybe a mother's life or a working woman's life. A lot of what gets published in josei is not actually josei.

Lost cause for sb like me.

Jul 21, 2:10 AM
lol
30 characters needed so...
" seven deadly sins
Mirai Nikki"

Jul 21, 2:13 AM

Onegai Teacher. It's garbage at literally everything it does. It looks like shit, the characters are shit and annoying, everything that's happening is boring, the relationship feels unrealistic and stupid, the drama is forced by one of the most silly plot devices around - completely ridiculous and random illness of the MC. The whole idea is completely stupid as well. Honestly, I felt the show did nothing right. It's THE 1/10 on my list. Really, now that I think about it, maybe I should raise all of my other 1/10s because they're not THAT atrocious in comparison.

Jul 21, 2:17 AM

Maou_heika said:
Kyo Kara Maoh, it's my guilty pleasure series but more often than not first time watchers and younger audience is immediately blinded by Wolfram's pretty face and fall head over heals for him and start shipping him with Yuuri, I don't want the cancer to spread so that's one series I'll not recommend to anyone.

That's unreasonably harsh, KKM is a fun fantasy anime with loveable cast (both main and secondary) and interesting story, I smile and feel happy every time I remember them, It just makes me feel warm inside that such story exists. With a protagonist like Yuuri that goes out of his way to preserve peace and comes to know everyone, builds relationships, overcomes hardships with everyone to be able to laugh without hatred, can fans not want new people to see it just because they feel hostile with some part of the fandom? Shipping and such is a part of any fandom, or any otehr aspect you or anyone else would think as bad. Either you like it or ignore it, people are allowed to have different opinions. So "I won't recommend this very good anime just because new people may have an opinion differnet from mine on some characters" is what feels immature here and something the younger audience would say, not to mention that's one big assumption new fans would actually think this concrete thing. KKM is a nice anime and deserves better than having fans argue immaturely. I for one will recommend it if it fits what another person asks for and it will always remain in my heart.

Jul 21, 2:33 AM

At first, I wouldn't recommend anything that's not a movie nor an OAV (at most, an OAV series, of a few hours).

@Xstasy Anything this site has classified under 7? o_O That's an awful lot.

@Seiya Not even one of the Mermaids adaptations nor the anthology animating some of her short stories? (those have little to do with her "main corpus")

@Imaishi I still remember the few years when EVERY internet consumer would held this series and Elfen Lied as the St Graal. XD

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »