Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 20, 2019 6:57 PM

Dec 2014
AnotherGuy said:
Lelouch0202 said:
I'm curious as to why they didn't just cut the threads of the ones who were being controlled? Tanjiro was able to cut Inosuke's threads but they weren't able to cute any of the demon corps members. Did I miss something?

They could cut them, but they would just get reattatched. The secret was avoiding the spiders altogether, like Tanjiro and Inosuke were doing, but the demon corps guys were probably too hurt and tired to be able to do that. Tanjiro and Inosuke only managed to win because they noticed the strings right at the beginning, otherwise they would've died like the rest.

ExaltedChampion said:

They all demon, that mean they all have eaten people. That a cardinal sin that cannot be forgive. The only 3 demon that haven't eat anyone is the doctor'sassistant, the random man Muzan turned and Nezuko. Tanjirou might fell sorry for them but they al have to pay for their crime.

Why Tanjirou didn't cut the thread cause it re-attact too fast since it too close to the mother demon. He cut them and it just re-attach immediately.

I see, thanks for explaining.
Jul 20, 2019 8:24 PM
Aug 2017
H4nss0n said:
I love how Inosuke gets caught up in the spiderwebs and Tanjiro can just easily cut them off him with a simple katana swing, but the minute some nameless Demon Slayers are caught up in them there is just no way too cut the spiderwebs/strings off them and Tanjiro just allows them all to die. Amazin.

Pay attention more or at least read the previous comment.
The threads would just reattach to them again since they are close to the mother demon. Unlike Tanjiro's group, those Corp members hadn't eaten anything for days and were exhausted.
Himawari9Jul 20, 2019 8:31 PM
Jul 20, 2019 8:34 PM

Mar 2017
Inosuke ♥
he's so adorable in this episode hahaha I'm glad that he's beginning to trust Tanjiro.

once again, great episode and animation :))

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jul 20, 2019 8:58 PM
Mar 2017
WOW things got serious in this episode, Tanjirou and Inozuke had difficult moments to eliminate the Milf demon spider.

That boy Rui gives me a bad feeling, the reaction of the mother demon spider was enough evidence to make clear that this child is bad news for Tanjirou and his group, the face of horror that the poor mother had for just hearing the threat of her son, I'm thinking how terrible the father will be, although I insist that Rui does not seem to be what he seems.

The cruel way in which the mother demon spider used the poor girl as a puppet was too much, especially while we watched and listened as the bones of the demon slayer girl broke, but then we see that she is not the only one and there are more demon slayers in worse conditions.

Tanjirou has an incredible ability to analyze, finding a way to stop the puppets and Inozuke joins the party, but the mother demon spider murders all the demon slayers when she sees that they are no longer useful, the wrath of Tanjirou You could feel in the environment, Inozuke witnessed it.
The mother demon spider had a stronger puppet and Tanjirou and Inosuke had a very complicated combat, but Tanjirou analyzed the situation and defeated the huge puppet.
Tanjirou was finally able to find the demon mother spider and was able to eliminate her, but Tanjirou felt that the mother surrendered before the arms of death and Tanjirou decided to use a more subtle technique of water breathe and so the devil died in peace, the flashback of The mother demon spider were very cruel, rightly she preferred death and her past when she was human gave me a bit of sadness.
Before dying the demon spider mother revealed that among her family there is a member of the twelve demonic moons.

The random moments with Zenitsu lost in the woods were too pathetic, I felt very bad for the poor boy, but apparently Zenitsu is the target of one of the demon spider family member.

The scene of the death of the mother demon spider was beautiful, very well achieved in image and sound, the same during the flashbacks of her, undoubtedly an excellent episode.
Jul 20, 2019 9:01 PM

Dec 2016
Inosuke is honestly such a funny asshole lmao
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 20, 2019 9:25 PM

Oct 2017
Well the demon passed away in peace , Tanjiro changed his attack form midway when he saw she was embracing her death and gave her a peacefull parting. The animation of that scene was smooth af.Also looks like a true member of the 12 kizuki is here ,wonder what will happen now.
Jul 20, 2019 9:40 PM

Jun 2013
I'm guessing they're going to use the same OP and ED until the last episode unless they surprise us in the next episode. It's not unheard of but most series that have 20+ episodes usually have at least two different OP and ED.

Inosuke is becoming a little less overbearing but he will redeem himself much later on. I'm guessing the Natagumo Mountain Arc will last probably up to the 19th or 20th episode. He'll get knock down a few pegs by that time.

It was adorable when Chuntarou decided to show up when Zenitsu apologized to him and Chuntarou trying to call out Nezuko's name.

Also, the part when Tanjirou decided to end the mama's life in the gentlest way possible after he saw her expression.
臭い-
Jul 21, 2019 1:28 AM
Jun 2019
Xenocrisi said:

I see they are adding some random Zenitsu.

That's not an anime original scene, it was extra page between chapter in manga volume 4. Ufotable really do a complete adaptation.
Jul 21, 2019 1:32 AM

Jun 2016
Good episode. I feel really sad for mother spider demon while she has a lot blood onn her hands and needs to be punish I still feel sad as she regret it and the way she feel scare makes me reallly sad.

Tanjirou is a kind and soft boy.Its good he give her painless death. No suprise coming from my favourite character in this series :)

Inosuke is funny lol and moronic as usual. I thought he is becoming Less nuisance and annoying. Pretty funny lol

Zenitsu lame as usual and pathectic this episode. Everything this guy does is lame and pathectic. Well seems a spider demon is chasing after him.
PrideRoyalIvyJul 21, 2019 3:18 AM

Jul 21, 2019 1:46 AM
Jun 2017
Tanjirou and inozuke tandem really is a strong one, love that tandem... and love that battle scene. Yeah
Jul 21, 2019 2:08 AM

May 2019
I liked the character development of Inosuke to give him some personality, and the coordination he showed with Tanjiro. This takes a huge step imo regarding the character-driven plot points.

Once again, the humanisation of the Demons is a great feature of Kimetsu no Yaiba that adds a unique element to the semi-common Feudal Japan/Demon plot.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jul 21, 2019 2:10 AM

May 2015
I fucking love Inosuke. He's such a fun character. Tanjiro is more grounded but kind of boring and Zenitsu is just annoying for the most part. Inosuke feels like a well balanced mix of both of them.

Jul 21, 2019 2:55 AM

May 2009
The scene with the killing blow was amazing on everything.
I love how demons in these series are not "just demons that want to kill". There is so much more than that.

Im starting to fear that I could watch 60+ episodes of this and still be entertained, but that 26 episode mark comes awfully close. I really dont like continuing to read a manga in order to "finish" a series. I guess you can call my fear "the good kind of fear" since it comes from a very positive side hehe.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jul 21, 2019 3:18 AM

Jan 2009
i just learn that Inosuke has the sense of touch as his weapon and it relates to the spatial awareness stuff

no wonder he is emotionally touch very much too lol

and damn its nice that the mother at least have a peaceful and none painful death even though she is a mass killer though (but out of fear from his demon husband it seems)

lets see how strong this higher ranking demon will be
Jul 21, 2019 4:02 AM

Mar 2017
They manage to make every demon slaying pretty sad.
Jul 21, 2019 4:15 AM

Apr 2017
A sad episode if I may say so. Loved how Tanjiro dealt with the mother demon at the end of the episode.

I'm really looking forward to the next episode. Hopefully that demon from the Twelve Kizuki shows up.

Also how long will this adaptation be? I know MAL says 26 episodes, but I doubt they will get rid of 10 powerful demons in the next 10 episodes. Not only that but there is also Kibutsuji Muzan waiting for them. Does that indicate a season 2 of some sort? I'd be happy if so.
Jul 21, 2019 4:30 AM
Oct 2012
Zyukichan said:
The scene with the killing blow was amazing on everything.
I love how demons in these series are not "just demons that want to kill". There is so much more than that.

Im starting to fear that I could watch 60+ episodes of this and still be entertained, but that 26 episode mark comes awfully close. I really dont like continuing to read a manga in order to "finish" a series. I guess you can call my fear "the good kind of fear" since it comes from a very positive side hehe.

Don't worry, it's the type of series to get a sequel fast.
Jul 21, 2019 4:32 AM

Dec 2013
I love how overly competitive Inosuke is with everything.

The end with the demon was nice.
Jul 21, 2019 8:20 AM

Feb 2017
spider chan is dead :(
dont kill milf anymore please :(

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jul 21, 2019 8:34 AM

Nov 2016
Those are demons, but still, what a horrible family life. It really gets me if a mother gets treated in such a manner. Quite nice that Tanjirou released her from her misery so peacefully. He got a heart for moms.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 21, 2019 9:18 AM

Dec 2013
euls said:
Inosuke ♥
he's so adorable in this episode hahaha I'm glad that he's beginning to trust Tanjiro.

once again, great episode and animation :))

I love how he is slowly getting domesticated haha.
Jul 21, 2019 10:00 AM

Dec 2014
since all the demons were once humans they are actually victoms... so who is the villain anyway
Jul 21, 2019 10:06 AM

Dec 2016
ibraheem234 said:
since all the demons were once humans they are actually victoms... so who is the villain anyway

Muzan, who turn them into demon for his own purpose and those that already evil before they turned into demon
Jul 21, 2019 10:10 AM

Sep 2017
episodes have been slow but really great. i'm looking forward to the next. Kimetsu no Yaiba is the only anime that hasn't disappoint me so far.
Jul 21, 2019 10:17 AM

May 2015
RIP best boobs so far in series. At least she died without pain.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 21, 2019 11:14 AM

Feb 2017
I'm surprised that Tanjiro and Inosuke were able to kill that headless without divine confetti.
Jul 21, 2019 11:41 AM
Mar 2015
Great cooperation scenes between the pair took out the spider in short order. Her life was sad and she was happy that her death was so peaceful Now the Moon Lands
Jul 21, 2019 12:04 PM

Jan 2013
What a fantastic and tragic episode.
RIP

Damn, the 1st of the 12, wonder how long will this adventure take for him to complete.
Hope Nezuko can fight soon, and the screaming guy too xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 21, 2019 12:23 PM

May 2018

Man, I can't believe than even in the demon ranks their was room for domestic violence , especially for spider MILF.

I guess to be killed was the only relief for Spider MILF of stopping the domestic abuse she was suffer from her spider husband.

Jul 21, 2019 1:10 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
AntonioWux said:
The visuals in this scene were amazing

Can't wait for the next episode ^w^

That was an absolutely beautiful piece of art there.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 21, 2019 1:28 PM

Nov 2014
i feel so bad for this mother...
because she's a demon she has no one to turn to. It's not like she can go to the police and report domestic abuse. Poor girl...

Not sure if this is a plot hole, but why can't Tanjirou just take away all the swords? This way those controlled demon slayers won't be able to attack them (with swords, which is deadlier than fists and kicks).

Also, is Inosuke falling in love with Tanjirou??? lmao
Jul 21, 2019 1:39 PM

Jul 2015
ExaltedChampion said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode as always.

Inosuke's random reactions and random phrases are hilarious at times.

Action sequences were awesome as always, especially the one where Tanjiro blocked the big puppets attack on Inosuke and the final attacks by both Inosuke and Tanjiro on it. 5th form was pretty awesome too.

I'm curious as to why they didn't just cut the threads of the ones who were being controlled? Tanjiro was able to cut Inosuke's threads but they weren't able to cute any of the demon corps members. Did I miss something?

Kinda felt bad for the Spider demon mom at the end, she didn't deserve the domestic abuse, I don't think she would've tried to kill people if it weren't for her family.

They all demon, that mean they all have eaten people. That a cardinal sin that cannot be forgive. The only 3 demon that haven't eat anyone is the doctor'sassistant, the random man Muzan turned and Nezuko. Tanjirou might fell sorry for them but they al have to pay for their crime.

Why Tanjirou didn't cut the thread cause it re-attact too fast since it too close to the mother demon. He cut them and it just re-attach immediately.

Considering her relationship with her husband, how do we know she wasn't forced to eat humans? Forced to do what her husband wanted her to do, or else?
The fear when her son was going to tell her husband about the situation and then when she got abused and was supposed to magically know what she had done to make him mad...
I doubt she would have much say in any of her life.
Jul 21, 2019 4:09 PM

Nov 2013
yep Inosuke is super fun, unlike the other idiot who can only cry and say stupid shit <,<

almost felt bad for the spider demon, but the way she just killed the guys when they were unable to battle made me dislike her too much to feel bad.

anyway another fun episode, whenever Zenitsu isn't on the the screen for more than 5 seconds, this anime turns into the best of the season lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 21, 2019 4:16 PM

Aug 2012
As manga reader, I was so hyped for the animation for the merciful cut. Really amazing work with the animation!

Mann, the interaction between those three is just amazing and the VA's make it so goood! ^^ Really enjoying the series :D
Jul 21, 2019 5:18 PM

Sep 2017
FeelsDomesticAbuseMan. She still had to die, but that was pretty messed up. Guess the crazy Dad is gonna do a thing next ep.
Jul 21, 2019 6:03 PM

Sep 2014
Overall a pretty good episode. I feel like Inosuke's attitude is threatening to undercut the drama with his brash and uncaring personality, but he does have his moments where he realizes there is more than just what he thinks he has to do, which makes him more likeable.

And there's Zenitsu trying to worm his way back into the show and I dread the next episode having to deal with him.
Jul 21, 2019 7:41 PM

Jun 2016
Inosuke scream is getting on my nerve. He acts like a new born.
Jul 21, 2019 8:18 PM

Sep 2008
Does someone know who voice spider mom?
Jul 21, 2019 9:25 PM

Oct 2017
I am really loving this anime and so gratefull to gave it a try, I hope for more in next times. By the way I am totally sure that this show deserves much than 25 episodes and there are certain others constantly airing that doesn't honestly were made for such a many chapters animated. PRODUCERS MUST DISCUSS AGAIN THE DURATION PLEASE.

Ufotable animation still doing a good job.
Ant161718Jul 21, 2019 9:41 PM
-¡Give yourself to me!
Jul 21, 2019 9:56 PM

Jul 2016
Not gonna lie, "fluffy" Inosuke is indeed quite cute.

Fantastic episode. The way they handled the transitions between comedy and dark sequences without feeling jarring was very well made. And of course, the fight scenes were great as always.

And that last technique, "Blessed Rain After the Drought", was beautifully directed. How kind of Tanjirou in choosing a painless cut to release the demon mother's soul despite all the deaths she had caused.

And so, one demon is out but the most threatening of them is yet to be introduced. Can't wait for the next episode!
Jul 21, 2019 10:49 PM

Feb 2019
Is this episode okay for an arachnophobic person to watch? I am asking because previous episode was really uncomfortable for me. And all these comments say it's a great episode. Idk. Please someone tell me.
TinYLilMuffiNJul 21, 2019 10:53 PM
~~ofcourse I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice~~

Jul 21, 2019 11:59 PM

Dec 2016
TinYLilMuffiN said:
Is this episode okay for an arachnophobic person to watch? I am asking because previous episode was really uncomfortable for me. And all these comments say it's a great episode. Idk. Please someone tell me.

No spider in this episode, the next one through..... Hope you like nightmare fuel spider.
Jul 22, 2019 12:59 AM

Jan 2015
TinYLilMuffiN said:

You’re gonna have some problems with the next episode, not with this one
Jul 22, 2019 1:18 AM

Feb 2019
@ExaltedChampion @Xenocrisi
Thanks for the replies :)
Night fuel spider! The name itself gives me chills.
So next episode huh. This is torture. Anyway, will watch this ep and read the rest of the story somewhere.FML.
~~ofcourse I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice~~

Jul 22, 2019 6:35 AM

May 2018
I'm guessing the kid that appear earlier is the Juunikizuki.
Jul 22, 2019 12:43 PM

Mar 2014
Ten said:
This show would be so much better without those unnecessary comic reliefs and exaggerated screaming. I believe it actually was like that for some of the first episodes and that's what drew me in in the first place. Right now I can't take anything seriously anymore. Instead of being invested in what's happening I just think, oh well, now we have to be sorry for this disposable spider demon and her sad backstory. Thanks, stupid boar-face and yellow crybaby for ruining all the mood, now I just don't care.
I've heard about amazing spider arc and that's why I decided to continue watching, but it was ok, I guess? Nothing spectacular. Maybe there's still some awesomeness to come... I'll still watch it but the show is pretty much degraded already from having lots of potential to be just slightly above average and meh.

The comedy ruins the mood for me too. It's completely anticlimactic and it makes the drama feel less serious or important. I think the comic relief is just very poorly placed, the last couple of minutes didn't have any comedy and they were great. But the previous fight with the other demon slayers was completely ruined for me because of the ill-timed comedy.
Jul 22, 2019 2:32 PM
Oct 2016
This was a phoenomenal episode.
The way that fight with the mother spider ended was amazing.
Jul 22, 2019 5:15 PM
Jan 2016
Another awesome fight this episode, this animation is always impressing me!

Tanjirou and Inozuka fighting together was so damn good, Inozuke reaction are so hilarious at times!

How kind Tanjirou changing his finishign blow to a painless finishing blow, and it was a really beautiful scene!

Poor demon spider mother, she was abused, she suffered a lot, i feel bad for her, i think she didn't truly want to do that, but her fear for father was higher, i think she deserved that painless death!
Jul 23, 2019 6:05 AM

Apr 2016
alright, this keeps getting funnier and better.
Tanjiro is becoming the best shounen MC after Gintoki, they're both so humane and merciful. The fifth movement is incredibly kind. The shot was beautiful.
I'm finally warming up to Inosuke and Zenitsu's still best boi since day one.

Spider mom reminded me of Endeavor and Todoroki. That's interesting because domestic abuse's a mundane thing we don't expect to see in a fantasy show. But that makes the character's struggles relatable and deep.

Also who's voicing Rui aka Spider son? The seiyuu sounds familiar
I bet he's the Moon and not the father.
CHANGnosiaJul 23, 2019 6:09 AM
"You are not the brightest banana in the bunch, are ya kid? (...) These kids just keep getting weirder."
Jul 23, 2019 6:43 AM

Jan 2018
AntonioWux said:
The visuals in this scene were amazing

Can't wait for the next episode ^w^

the most beautiful cut

mad props to ufotable
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

16 by FZREMAKE »»
Yesterday, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

301 by pyrophilia »»
Yesterday, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1094 by pyrophilia »»
Yesterday, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Shinobou or Mitsuri?

Reckless_weeb - Mar 25, 2022

42 by Qui-gon »»
Apr 10, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

528 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 8, 10:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.