Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 16 Discussion

Jul 26, 9:56 AM

I'm not going to lie, but Inosuke's "fluffy" moments are increasingly cute. =3

Both Tanjiro and Inosuke's teamwork, despite their bickering between each other, is very impressive. The animation was also spot on as usual, along with the great soundtrack.

The Spider mother is someone I didn't expect to have sympathy for. Seeing her flashback as she got beaten up badly by her husband while the make kids looked on with smug looks on their faces was a bit painful.

So when she saw Tanjiro, who got thrown into the air by Inosuke earlier, approaching her, blade already to kill her, she preferred to be killed by Tanjiro rather than suffering from the hands of her family. Thankfully, Tanjiro noticed her change in expression, so he quickly changed his attack and, my god, was it beautifully done.

The attack was peaceful and tranquil, and it still did enough damage to decapitate the spider mother, but she didn't feel any pain from the attack. The whole scene gave me goosebumps.....very powerful indeed. =)

However, just before she disappeared, she revealed to Tanjiro that one of the members of the Twelve Kizuki is on the mountain, which mostly likely is referring to her massive spider husband. I can sense that things are going to get more serious now, and I look forward to seeing what comes next for Tanjiro and the rest. ^_^

Jul 27, 2:08 AM
one of the better episodes in a while, if only for the beheading scene with the flashbacks and less yelling from zenitsu.

see, you can have nice moments of seriousness that don't need to be undercut by screaming and unfunny sight gags every 5 seconds!

Jul 27, 11:34 AM

Damn Tanjiro, he is so quick to adapt and think of strategies....it's scary how smart he is.

I love the detail on "mom" 's death. Even showing her hair being cut. A lot of other shows would miss that detail. Ufotable continues to impress me.

Jul 27, 5:57 PM
I'll assume that im the only one who found mama spider kinda cute (design)...

Jul 28, 1:02 AM

Such a beautiful episode! Even in the demon family there's still abuse eh. Kinda sad about the spider mom but there's already lot of blood in her hands. Liked it when Tanjiro switch forms when he knew spider mom just wanted to end everything.

"Let me keep believing... so that I can keep on living."

Jul 30, 2:36 PM

Inosuke is totes ghey for Tanjirou lmaoooooo

I like how Zenitsu's voice is a lil cracked when he's whining lolol. S'cute <3

Even though the mama spider was cruel, I do feel sorry for her :( Tanjirou such a softie when killing anybody off, even demons.

Jul 30, 9:47 PM

What the hell a demon family? Guess there really is an exception to every rule.

Aug 3, 6:17 PM
The deaths of those demon slayers was the darkest thing I've seen in a long time, like something from Higurashi no Naku. >->' Besides that there are beautiful scenes in this episode to contrast. Spider Mom's past is hella sad. Wonder if the Spider Father is actually her husband turned into a demon or not... I'm gonna say probably not? We'll see. One of the kids might be the Kizuki sp.

Aug 4, 4:47 AM

Inosuke is the ultimate tsundere.

Aug 6, 8:01 AM

Really good episode. I feel bad for those three demon slayers who died. And I feel sad about the spider mom. But it death was the only way to release her from that situation. Some good fight scenes from and teamwork from Tanjirou and Inosuke.

Aug 7, 12:17 AM
Meta_Yoshi said:

However, just before she disappeared, she revealed to Tanjiro that one of the members of the Twelve Kizuki is on the mountain, which mostly likely is referring to her massive spider husband.

I cutted the other text so i can quote only this part where i'm referring.

I have a feeling that it's the spider boy (not the giggling one at the ground but the one that is moving on top of the spider webs) . Yeah the daddy-o is buff, but for some reason the boy is giving me really sinister feeling of how unemphatetic (sorry i dunno the real word, my native language is not english) he is. The mother also seemed to be afraid of the boy's webs, when she said that the boy's webs were making her lose focus on her job (of killing the other demon slayer members). So, that's my quess :3

----

Also... this has nothing to do with the quote anymore, but for everyone:

1. Please, tell if you know the seijuu/voice actor for the mother, i would really want to know it (someone else also did at the previous page).

2. Also when the scene starts where Tanjirou jumps towards the mother to kill her, there is a song playing at the background, that i absolutely fell in love with. It plays during when the mother is talking in her head before Tanjirou kills her. If anyone knows this either, i would love to know it!

Thank you if you know and share the info with me <3

Aug 13, 7:13 AM
Oh, that was pretty cruel, she killed all of them without a second thought. Inosuke is so competitive, he really can't help it. Interesting how Tanjirou decided to kill her off without pain at the end, made her death tranquil and warm.

Aug 16, 7:38 AM
I wasn't expecting Demon Slayer to move towards deeper themes of domestic abuse. I wonder what this says for the writing moving forward?

Inosuke has definitely grown on me, having shit on him and Zenitsu in their first couple weeks in the gang, their comedic value is starting to settle in and doesn't take too much focus away from the overall tone as much as it used to

Aug 17, 1:16 AM

Super LOL at "fluffy" Inosuke!
5/5.

Aug 25, 1:17 PM

Really good episode. An abused demon, huh. At least she got finally free. The scene of her death was one of the most beautiful so far.

Modified by Nurguburu, Aug 25, 1:20 PM
Life has no meaning.

Aug 28, 10:59 AM

Poor mother-demon. Her demon family is very dysfunctional and violent. However it didn't justify the way she treated all those demon players who entered the forest.

Too bad in the end all demon slayers turned to puppets were killed, even if Tanjiro and Boar-kun kinda succeeded in overcoming demon mother's control over them.

Sep 9, 2:29 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Xenocrisi said:
Action was very good. Inosuke was hilarious.

Spider Okaa-san is such a milf

I m surprised that I m enjoying the cast this much, blondy and boar-head are revealing to be excellent addictions to the cast that balance out MC greatly, they are 3 very unique MCs, and it is very fun to just watch these 3 mess around, Nezuko needs to do something fast, or she will lose the ground and be the less interesting of the four MC easily very soon.

Spider milf was cute all right, if it was not for her demonic body, and once again, they are giving the executions some nice finishing, you understand why they have to die, but still connect abit to their misery.. loving it so far.

Sep 15, 2:30 AM
I felt so sad for the demon slayer girl, which would have had a chance to survive...

Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]