3It was OK
11.1%
2Disliked it
33.3%
1Hated it
22.2%
Average 2.7
18 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2019 12:38 AM
Nov 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
um those fighting stances looks funny
Jul 20, 2019 12:30 PM

Jun 2015
What's going on here?

1) Why aren't Marin and Sheena saints? The original reason for them not having cloths of their own was because women were forbidden to, but Shun here is a woman and she wears a bronze cloth.

2) If they're gonna speed through the Galactic Tournament arc like that, why even have it? The whole point was to show the bronze saint's powers and how cool they each were. If it's because of Ikki, since they're already changing so much they could've introduced him some other way.

3) Seiya trained for 6 years on sanctuary island and STILL hasn't told Marin his reason for being there? And how did Marin get that GPS? Is she in contact with Saori and company?

4) If the sanctuary knows about the tournament, and therefore about the Sagitarius cloth, why aren't there gold saints storming that place to get it back? I imagine it wouldn't be hard for them to get their hands on a GPS from one of those bronze chumps.

Edit: the dialogue is so cringy that I changed it to French and removed the subs just so I wouldn't understand it. Saddly I still understand it, and am running out of options.
AnotherGuyJul 20, 2019 12:34 PM
Jul 20, 2019 12:37 PM
Nov 2015
so they supose to made same exact show as original then ? dude its remake R E M A K E ... it will be some changes good or bad ones, but you cant complain about changing stuff in REMAKE . if you want same show just watch original ...
Jul 20, 2019 3:19 PM

Dec 2015
@Audinga23 It's not a remake. They adapted a comic series that has already gotten one (terribly loosy in its beginning) adaptation.
Jul 20, 2019 3:24 PM
Nov 2015
so you want them to fix original source ... when that ever happened? , that anime be better than original material ? im still quite green as anime wiewer so maybe you know such cases but i dont sorry.
Jul 21, 2019 9:17 PM

Jan 2009
its obvious Marin is Patricia

and so the tournament begins to get that Gold Armor
Jul 23, 2019 4:48 PM

Apr 2008
I finished S1 and I totally enjoyed it. I just have to refrain from going by my feelings being attached to the classic.

EP 2 is where is goes to its faithful roots with Seiya, Shaina and Cassios. From Marin's advice to Shaina's anger, I think Ep 2 is where it gets good. And then the Galaxian Tourney is in a tornado bunker ;D Nah, I'm just joking.

I enjoyed ep 2 (cept Geki was done dirty...).

I was a bit surprised at Shaina lacking a mask but it was interesting how she looked like a regular episodic villain.
Jul 28, 2019 7:35 AM

Mar 2016
The pacing was surprisingly fast.

I think the masked woman is Seiya's older sister.

Is the woman who attacked Seiya the same person as the one in the pink armour? It's hard to tell; they look quite alike (excluding the make up, of course.)

I was glad Seiya finally removed his weird looking jeans (that resembles tights with a jeans-like pattern), but they are back!! Surprised that it still fits him after all these years.
Jul 28, 2019 5:06 PM

Nov 2015
FuMomo-kun said:
Is the woman who attacked Seiya the same person as the one in the pink armour? It's hard to tell; they look quite alike (excluding the make up, of course.)

Nop. But the CGI model is indeed the same, that's why it's confusing.
Jul 28, 2019 7:29 PM

Mar 2016
usernome said:
FuMomo-kun said:

Nop. But the CGI model is indeed the same, that's why it's confusing.

I wonder why they'd do something so confusing. As an ex-animation student, I know it's not hard to make small changes to a 3d character's face.
Jul 29, 2019 6:40 AM

Nov 2015
FuMomo-kun said:

I wonder why they'd do something so confusing. As an ex-animation student, I know it's not hard to make small changes to a 3d character's face.

That's why one of them wears make-up I guess (although this also makes a discreet manga reference). Anyways, they might be just "cutting expenses". I hope next season have a bit more polished graphics, even though this one was ok for me to watch.
Dec 6, 2021 7:12 AM

Oct 2013
There were so many bizarre elements differing form the original story that had already had well established themes and characters, then huh... No comment, haha. At least their attacks looked okay.

More topics from this board

» Am I the only fan the original anime who actually likes this adaptation?

boldulysses - Aug 9, 2019

9 by kratos_aurion »»
Apr 21, 2023 7:23 AM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Episode 12 Discussion

Joycdonnell - Jan 26, 2020

4 by luskets »»
Jan 1, 2023 5:55 AM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Episode 11 Discussion

deg - Jan 30, 2020

1 by Adnash »»
Dec 8, 2021 4:05 PM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Episode 10 Discussion

deg - Jan 30, 2020

1 by Adnash »»
Dec 8, 2021 3:01 PM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Episode 9 Discussion

deg - Jan 29, 2020

1 by Adnash »»
Dec 8, 2021 2:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.